Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just got shipping notification for Shadow Warrior 2 from LRG. Damn that was fast!
Technically, they should be all caught up, as Ys is still not shipping for awhile, but everything before that should already be shipped out. There's nothing to ship but SW2 currently as far as I know.

Lili arrived today! I can't decide if the card features little foil leaf petals fluttering by or if it's some kind of misprint. They feel raised up. I'm not really into trading cards so it's not a big deal, I'm just curious and can't decide if they are foil leaves or not.

[attachment=27965:IMG_0640.JPG]

Damn.  I thought Shadow Warrior was today for some reason.  I've been busy doing a clean re-install on my pc since last Friday and kept thinking it was today.  I guess I missed out on it, oh well not that heartbroken over it and my wallet is thanking me.

Lili arrived today! I can't decide if the card features little foil leaf petals fluttering by or if it's some kind of misprint. They feel raised up. I'm not really into trading cards so it's not a big deal, I'm just curious and can't decide if they are foil leaves or not.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0640.JPG
If the raised, fluttering leaves you're talking about are the things on her arm and on the barrelman's chest, then my card doesn't have them.

Speaking of Shadow Warrior 2. Did anyone notice that the soundtrack isn't even pressed as a CD Audio disc, but as data??

I rip all my cds and noticed it wouldn't let me. All the tracks are 320kb mp3 files. I wonder if they are all like that.

Speaking of Shadow Warrior 2. Did anyone notice that the soundtrack isn't even pressed as a CD Audio disc, but as data??
I rip all my cds and noticed it wouldn't let me. All the tracks are 320kb mp3 files. I wonder if they are all like that.
What soundtrack? Was that in the PC box/Collector's Edition sold by Special Reserve Games?

It wasn't "$100+ on eBay" then. /rolleyes
Can you seriously shut up? Your theories about how people are all just greedy opportunists and belief that you're the only true and pure collector are not only completely offensive, but totally delusional. There are plenty of reasons why someone may not have been able to buy from SRG including not having the funds at the time or simply not wanting to buy from them given their terrible customer service and broken store site. Regardless, you continue to contribute nothing to the discussion here and many of us are frankly sick of it.

Looks like damage. The way I understand foil printing, there is an entire foil layer below the print layer. There are Magic the Gathering videos where they show how people purposefully remove the top layer art and even the entire foil layer (so they have a blank card to then print an original from) if you want to see how it's done. So seeing foil means the top print layer is missing in those spots. It's possible someone sneezed and the moisture caused the print layer to bubble in those spots and then the content rubbed off either in the shipping container or on the back of the card above it if they were stacked. Also pressure from the back side could have caused the print layer damage (which might explain why it feels raised up). Flip the card over and see if there is any damage. Ultimately though, it doesn't look like that was an intentional design.

You know what would be a nice option for using tickets? 10 (or 15 / 20?) tickets reserves you a copy of an upcoming release, but you have to pay full price.

I'm down with Windjammers provided it comes quickly. Aside from missing out on purchases due to the way the cart works, the only real gripe I have with LRG is how long it takes before the games are available for purchase. Night Trap was perfect as it was day and date with the digital release. But I'm still steamed over Ys Origin. I knew it was coming to disc eventually, but no date was announced and they waited so long, that I gave up on it and bought the digital copy when it was 40% off. :(

Thats a terrible option.
And why is that? You can already reserve a game with 40 tickets. There will be more reservations of course with the lower ticket amounts, but its not going to be that many if the reservations cost 20 tickets. And those tickets are gone after you make 1 reservation.

Is Caldrius blaze going to go quick? I only ask because im most likely going to miss the 10am batch and havent had to deal with being in the 6pm batch just yet. 

If the collectors edition of Windjammers comes with a neon green banana hammock I'm in, otherwise I'm going standard edition.

Is Caldrius blaze going to go quick? I only ask because im most likely going to miss the 10am batch and havent had to deal with being in the 6pm batch just yet.
Shmups tend to go pretty fast so I would assume so. I am still on the fence on getting it or not, I've already spent a lot this month and October is an even bigger release month.

Windjammers I am all in for though. I was holding off buying the digital copy in hopes that LRG would do a physical release and here we are!

Night Trap shipped Monday and showed up today! Partyyyyyyyy!

Considering the long wait I somehow find it humorous Shadow Warrior 2 already shipped out to me today. That is definitely the fastest I have had an order ship.

Anyway, Night Trap looks awesome. The original Sega CD red art version was always my favorite but I wasn't too keen on the new re-rendering. It actually looks pretty decent in person! Almost as good as the original. Decided I like the way it looks better than the blue border flipside.  The spine looks best on the red one as well.

Originally the 32x Night Trap cover was supposed to be randomly inserted in the collector's edition version...  since the 32x variant cover is now cancelled, does that mean it was never printed at all and never made it into some CE boxes?

Stoked for Caladrius Blaze on Friday and Windjammers whenever.

is N++ suppose to come with a card or no? cause i didnt get one.
Yeah, I got one with mine. Though I always viewed the cards as more of a bonus that LRG throws in since they don't actually advertise the games as coming with them in the item description on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never played it either, but most of those Neo Geo Sports games are pretty fun like Baseball Stars 2, the soccer one, the golf one...hah...I forget the names.

I find it interesting just it's a neo geo title that already exists as a physical. Not the first time a retro title has been "specialed" and released again... how many is that now?

I think it's well known we are long past simply "preserving physical" and well into "cashing in on and exploiting the hot and rabid 'everyone's a collector now' market" money grubbing territory.  I mean the multiple variants, as many platform as possible, rereleasing games that already have physical releases, relentless release schedule, etc aren't a dead give away or anything.

Looking at two book cases full of PS4 games and LRG releases alone are like 1/8th of the entire PS4 library in what 2 years?

In the current retro and nostalgia YouTube fuelled hype climate you could package dog shit in a limited edition SNES cartridge case and it will sell out in a day. Have various aromas of dog shit and half your rabbid buyers will double dip even.

I think it's well known we are long past simply "preserving physical" and well into "cashing in on and exploiting the hot and rabid 'everyone's a collector now' market" money grubbing territory. I mean the multiple variants, as many platform as possible, rereleasing games that already have physical releases, relentless release schedule, etc aren't a dead give away or anything.

Looking at two book cases full of PS4 games and LRG releases alone are like 1/8th of the entire PS4 library in what 2 years?

In the current retro and nostalgia YouTube fuelled hype climate you could package dog shit in a limited edition SNES cartridge case and it will sell out in a day. Have various aromas of dog shit and half your rabbid buyers will double dip even.

The funniest part of this is that you'd be the first one adding a shelf for all the new shit.

Self awareness is one positive quality at least.

bought windjammers a couple days ago, lol

not a game i want physically. don't even think it's worth the $15 i paid.

The funniest part of this is that you'd be the first one adding a shelf for all the new shit.

Self awareness is one positive quality at least.
Nah. Even I passed on the Street Fighter cart lol. There will never be another official SNES release again no matter how many garage startups build their own homebrew PCBs and ABS molds, including Street Fighter and Unholy Night.

I might have been tempted if it was Turbo. But with how things are trending I'm positive Capcom was testing the waters first with basic SFII and there will be a $250 Hyperfighting cart next. Complete with knockoff shell and flimsy cheap paper box.

bought windjammers a couple days ago, lol

not a game i want physically. don't even think it's worth the $15 i paid.
It's an arcade game, and those are from a different design standpoint than those made for home use. It really is the zenith of what Pong started out as, and what it could have become. It's a true Vs. title, and I'm happy to get it for the ability to play online with others. As games like this are pretty useless as a single player experience more often than not.

I didn't buy it digital, as I was pretty sure it would get a physical version, but I'll probably get my moneys worth out of it within a few days, and that's at a cost of double what the digital does. But I'm more than looking forward to it, as Windjammers is for sure one of the NeoGeo's most well received titles.

You guys realize Windjammers on Neo-Geo is worth like $1,500+ on cartridge and pretty much 100% unattainable for anyone who wants it, right? Even the Japanese CD version is over $100 and is quite rare (not to mention how few people own an NGCD and how bad the loading times are). Not really a game I'd get upset about because it has an existing physical release.

Is Windjammers a port of the Neo-Geo game or did they make changes? I'd never really heard of it before the LRG announcement.

I'm looking forward to windjammers physical. I've been curious about it since it was announced to be released digitally and I was holding out for a cheap digital copy or a physical release.

You guys realize Windjammers on Neo-Geo is worth like $1,500+ on cartridge and pretty much 100% unattainable for anyone who wants it, right? Even the Japanese CD version is over $100 and is quite rare (not to mention how few people own an NGCD and how bad the loading times are). Not really a game I'd get upset about because it has an existing physical release.
Quoting ebay buy it now prices is a joke. A CIB japanese AES copy sold a few months back for $500 and the MVS version can be had for sub $200. AES/MVS are region free and knowing japanese is not necessary here.

Obviously, $30 is easier on the wallet then all the neo geo investment.

That being said I have been really hoping someone would do this physical release!!!#! I am excite.

I feel like I'm the only one who's never played Windjammers...
I have never played it and that's despite actually playing games regularly in arcades when this was originally released including a lot of MVS stuff. Ultimately my quarters didn't go towards sports games outside of NBA Jam. I'm kind of glad I don't have nostalgia for this one, since I don't think I'd actually play it much at all.

Is Windjammers a port of the Neo-Geo game or did they make changes? I'd never really heard of it before the LRG announcement.
It is an emulation with some added stuff for online multiplayer and the ability to play the minigames separate from the main game. The devs themselves stated it's an emulation in the metaljesusrocks video where he played an early build of the game with the devs.

I think it's well known we are long past simply "preserving physical" and well into "cashing in on and exploiting the hot and rabid 'everyone's a collector now' market" money grubbing territory. I mean the multiple variants, as many platform as possible, rereleasing games that already have physical releases, relentless release schedule, etc aren't a dead give away or anything.

I have to agree; however I think I saw LRG either here or on twitter "claiming" they dont turn much of a profit hard to believe thats the case, and if it is the case there business model is obviously skewed and needs addressing.

That's what I have been saying! Windjammers is not a cheap game and even if you had the money to spend on it, it's not something you can easily find either. People just want something to complain about.

I have to agree; however I think I saw LRG either here or on twitter "claiming" they dont turn much of a profit hard to believe thats the case, and if it is the case there business model is obviously skewed and needs addressing.
I'm sure that's a play on words. Profit is only talking about what they have after paying for all those trade shows they attend, the trip to Japan (didn't they go there not that long ago?), the employees including their own salaries, and so on. Ultimately they could turn almost no profit but still be pulling in a nice six figure salary each at the same time. Heck I think they said that they pay a living wage of around $15/hr to their lowest end people.

That's what I have been saying! Windjammers is not a cheap game and even if you had the money to spend on it, it's not something you can easily find either. People just want something to complain about.
I'm pretty sure there are unlimited numbers of copies on PSN. Outside of that there are also plenty of other ways to play the game without resorting to the actual NeoGeo hardware.

Just so you know, getting rich is not the same as making a living, you know that right? If I could consistently earn what I do from a job for the next 20+ years, and just cover my bills, mortgage, vacations, etc, I would do that all day, everyday. There are tons of business that made millions, and in some cases billions, to now be out of business.

At what point in time would games that would cost $40/$60 normally at retail, and now being sold for $24 give the impression of making boat loads of cash? And at the $40$60, it's going to Sony and the developer. Here you have a $24 game with a part going to Sony, the developer, and now LRG(2 guys & staff). You really don't need to have a HUGE understanding of how business works to know there's not a lot going around in that equation.

But it works, games sell out, and pay for the next, and around and around it goes. Just because someone owns a business that isn't putting millions in the owners pockets, does not mean it's not successful or worth running and providing a product. Especially when you "love" what your doing.

bread's done
Back