Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Kept myself busy during the first round so I didn't order anything. Gotta keep busy during the second round to avoid ordering anything.

I'm definitely interested in both, but I'll probably never play either of them and should really skip them. I'll grab Flame in the Flood digitally on sale.

I missed the morning batch because my phone did not fill out the auto complete entry correctly. Not sure why, but only my first name populated the name field. By the time I corrected it, the double back had sold out. I tried to remove it and place my order for Caladrius, but then it was sold out. I'll give it a go this afternoon. 

Yeah, it only lasted 2 minutes but that's plenty of time to get a release, IMO. Afternoon batch should last longer.
False. The faster the morning batch sells the more people flip out and panic on the evening batch. Esp resellers who are able to gauge "rarity" from the first batch.

Evening batches haven't lasted longer than morning batches in quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did daylight savings start or stop since Shadow Warrior was released? I was expecting this to go live at the same time today and I missed it. I'm so pissed at myself since I slept right through it. I want both. Now I'm going to get only one chance to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. November through March for DST adjustment. When you set your alarm, sanity check time remaining with the LRG countdown clock.

Did daylight savings start or stop since Shadow Warrior was released? I was expecting this to go live at the same time today and I missed it. I'm so pissed at myself since I slept right through it. I want both. Now I'm going to get only one chance to get them.

Today's release followed the standard LRG schedule. The Shadow Warrior 2 release was an oddball since it's an SRG partnership release.

False. The faster the morning batch sells the more people flip out and panic on the evening batch. Esp resellers who are able to gauge "rarity" from the first batch.
I agree, as normally when the am goes within a few minutes, the pm is the same or less often times.

Nope. November through March for DST adjustment. When you set your alarm, sanity check time remaining with the LRG countdown clock.
That's actually a good idea, but I have never gone for those oddball releases they offer, so my alarm is always to the same time for each Friday morning release.

Flame in the Flood looks like it could be really good or really boring. It has pretty good reviews but I read the in game menus are overly complex. Either way I decided to pick up a copy.

Good tip. I should have known better and checked the timer.

Today's release followed the standard LRG schedule. The Shadow Warrior 2 release was an oddball since it's an SRG partnership release.
And this is why I assumed incorrectly. I heard the afternoon runs tend to last longer too so here's hoping! Since I love shmups im after both even though I have the Caladrius import.

People talk about how bad SRG is but when LRG screws up they are just as bad.

I'm sitting at the 2 week mark to get my Night Trap order corrected... and they haven't even shipped my replacement order yet, but they've already decided to ship it Surepost... which, every time they do that, it takes 2 weeks to get to me.

Evening batches haven't lasted longer than morning batches in quite some time.
I'm assuming they'll reduce the quantity to 1 per customer for the afternoon batch... I guess it's hit or miss but the morning batch didn't go all that quick (not NT or WB quick anyway).

I'm assuming they'll reduce the quantity to 1 per customer for the afternoon batch... I guess it's hit or miss but the morning batch didn't go all that quick (not NT or WB quick anyway).
I wasn't really paying attention. I check out, go back to the page and refresh and it's still 99%. Then smile and try to go back to bed. :D

Probably the same reason every page or so someone has to rant on about how bad the thread is and calling any discussion BS or trolling and praising the company like they were paid to do so.

The reality is a bit more boring. We are all kind of stuck checking regularly to see what the next release is, see when games are shipping, and to talk about whatever games are coming out to decide on purchases. If there was some way to satiate the need for information... say if there was a company website or something everyone could check with the detailed content that causes us to constantly return, then it would help kill the need to return quite as much and this thread could sink down and off the front page. That's probably why we can't get actual specific info.

It's interesting that Caladrius Blaze is essentially a preorder with a ship date of non-specific "October".
dont-press-send.jpg

People talk about how bad SRG is but when LRG screws up they are just as bad.

I'm sitting at the 2 week mark to get my Night Trap order corrected... and they haven't even shipped my replacement order yet, but they've already decided to ship it Surepost... which, every time they do that, it takes 2 weeks to get to me.
Goddamn. It's going to be a whole extra week before your game can sit on the shelf.

Goddamn. It's going to be a whole extra week before your game can sit on the shelf.
It's easy to be dismissive, but there's never a good excuse for bad customer service. I've always had good experiences with them, but that doesn't mean that everyone will. Waiting two weeks to get an issue corrected is bad. We all like LRG, but we can all be a little bit more objective here.

missed out and will probably miss the 6pm batch as well between the hurricane and wifes birthday today cutting into my ability to spend money on LRG LOL. 

Never understand the rush. I'm happy to just get an order in and move on. Any real collector should expect delays and such for niche non retail games like this.  I've been waiting over a year maybe two for Summon Night WE now.  Wah wah.

There's one reason I can think someone would be rushed *cough* eBay *cough*.

These kinds of games you just get your order in and be happy you even got one.  Then one day the UPS loot truck explodes outside your house like a Diablo boss and it's better than Christmas.

This sucks. I've only missed one LGR ps4 release, which was Saturday Morning RPG. But I'm in Jacksonville, my internet has been out since Sunday because of Hurricane Irma, and the 4g on my phone is barely working. So unless my internet works by the morning, I'm gonna miss the games in the morning :(
I feel your pain, however Im just getting started so Ive already missed alot of releases lol.

It's skewed towards putting money into developer's pockets, not ours. This isn't a problem that needs addressing. It's why I started doing this. I didn't start it to get rich. My game company was sinking and I needed a lifeline. Developers are choosing us over the competition because we actually care about them and their bottom lines - not just our own.

What we're doing has never been restricted "only to games that haven't had a physical release" - from the start it has always been preserving games, period, and providing collectors an alternative to digital. A port of a Neo-Geo game still deserves preservation on a new platform. The fact that it exists as an AES/MVS/NGCD release doesn't preserve the PS4 or Vita game. If someone wants to play it on a specific platform 20 years in the future, there should be a physical option for that.

Even if a game has come out in Asia - not everyone imports games just because you do. An existing release in Asia does nothing for someone who only buys, collects, or plays North American releases.

This mindset that we're a cashgrab is ridiculous because the quality in our catalog is insane - we haven't put out a single game that is objectively bad. For every game you'll point out that is "bad" (in your opinion) there is a DARIUSBURST, Oddworld, Firewatch, Shadow Complex, Oxenfree, Shantae, Wonder Boy, Ys, etc.

If you just lined up award-winning or generally loved games from our past slate, you'd have more games in that lineup than most physical publishers have even released on the platform. I've said it before - when we're releasing Life of Black Tiger or My Name is Mayo, you can call us whatever you like; however, while we're releasing well-loved cult-classics like Windjammers, it's not really appropriate.
Never said you put out bad games simply was making an observation based on statements here and really for the most part my post was directed at the board business degree tell all; C Austin not you guys; am I saying I'm skeptical that you wouldn't do this to turn more of a profit then your claiming? sure im skeptical but if your happy good on you thats whats important in life anyhow. Thanks for the reply keep up the good work.

Rude :(

I actually plan to play Night Trap the day I get it. I actually like Night Trap. :(

Also, maybe I didn't give context. 2 weeks ago they sent me copies of Bunker instead of Night Trap. I had to return the copies of Bunker before they would send me my Night Trap order. Took them a whole week to give me the info I needed to return the copies. So it's actually 4 extra weeks before I get my game... assuming they ship today and not in a week or two like they usually do.

If you missed anyone of the games today 6 PM should go a lot better, we are decreasing the limit to 1 for Flame in the Flood and possibly Caladrius Blaze. 

With me not having internet because of Irma, and using broken 4g. I have no clue how I ordered both games if they sold out in 2 minutes. I must've gotten extremely lucky.

With me not having internet because of Irma, and using broken 4g. I have no clue how I ordered both games if they sold out in 2 minutes. I must've gotten extremely lucky.
I've seen many reports here from other CAG's stating their phones work better than using a computer someplace. So it's not very uncommon to say the least. My cell is complete garbage at this point, and I'm lucky to even view this site on it at this point. Some new ones for me and my wife or high on the list for sure.

God I hate this meme.

Actually wanted to buy Caladrius Blaze because I want to play it and it sold out the instant I loaded the page because scalpers and collector kids buy copies they won't even play.

Why not just accept unlimited number of preorders so they know exactly how many to produce? Nobody actually really believes an anime shmup with clothing destruction will be worth anything in 10 years right?

I always have the best results when using my iphone. I think the phone version of the site is quicker for the browser to process. And I timed it and it was 2min 30sec before the first game sold out. So, not too hard if you started right when they went live. Also at about the 500 mark Caladrius Blaze the stock jumped back up to just over 900 copies. So some bots failed or something.

Just caught this in my recommended youtube list.  It's MetalJesusRocks along with Reggie doing a Q&A on LRG with Douglas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaJHKXMyJk

Not sure yet if there's anything new in the video.. only a few min into watching it myself.

God I hate this meme.
Actually wanted to buy Caladrius Blaze because I want to play it and it sold out the instant I loaded the page because scalpers and collector kids buy copies they won't even play.
Why not just accept unlimited number of preorders so they know exactly how many to produce? Nobody actually really believes an anime shmup with clothing destruction will be worth anything in 10 years right?
Why not just be on time and have your shit ready to go?

No one else had issues today.

Yeah, if you are really concerned about scalpers too, you should check if one of your local game shops carries Limited Run stuff. They have connections with a lot of mom/pop retro game shops in various cities now.

If you missed anyone of the games today 6 PM should go a lot better, we are decreasing the limit to 1 for Flame in the Flood and possibly Caladrius Blaze.
You really should reduce the afternoon limit on Caladrius Blaze to 1, the first batch sold out in two minutes, and a lot of people missed out. I was able to get a copy by being pre-logged in, but by the time I went back to check the page, it said 4% remaining. It's a shmup, and like your release of Soldner X2, those tend to have a high demand among collectors.

Please limit to one copy of Caladrius Blaze since I'll be at work at 5 :(

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Why don't you guys limit both to 1 for the first half hour or so? That way anyone who wants it can hopefully get it. If it doesn't sell out in 30 min then bump up the limit.

Please limit to one copy of Caladrius Blaze since I'll be at work at 5 :(

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Nvm, THEY CHANGED THEIR MINDS, RIP.

Why don't you guys limit both to 1 for the first half hour or so? That way anyone who wants it can hopefully get it. If it doesn't sell out in 30 min then bump up the limit.
Because that'd require more work.

Easier to just keep things easier during the rush hour. ;P

Because I have a job and my work cannot wait for me to stop and buy an anime video game.
Wow, you must have an amazingly important job if you can't step away for literally two minutes during one of the two order windows eight hours apart. Also, if you really want to just play the game, you can buy it digitally or you can buy the Asian version that plays in English or you could have bought it two years ago when it was released for the Xbox 360. In short, you have plenty of options that don't require spending the money to buy this particular release if all you're looking to do is play the game.

Just caught this in my recommended youtube list. It's MetalJesusRocks along with Reggie doing a Q&A on LRG with Douglas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaJHKXMyJk

Not sure yet if there's anything new in the video.. only a few min into watching it myself.
Great, just great. Even more competition for limited games that people constantly miss out on a regular biased as evident on this thread.

Great, just great. Even more competition for limited games that people constantly miss out on a regular biased as evident on this thread.
Even though it wasn't the first time LRG has been mentioned on popular youtube channels including MJR it probably will result in more competition.

Because I have a job and my work cannot wait for me to stop and buy an anime video game.
Since your job is so important, then surely it is high-paying too, which means you can afford to buy the game on eBay for a whopping $49 (or however much). And you can do so at your leisure. You're welcome.

Yay got my two games :) I have never seen paypal take so long to login and process.  I may start doing the copy/paste CC method instead.  The stock on both games was still in the 80s when I finished checking out tho.

Yay got my two games :) I have never seen paypal take so long to login and process. I may start doing the copy/paste CC method instead. The stock on both games was still in the 80s when I finished checking out tho.
Definitely took longer than usual for me to check out. The screen kept refreshing but was able to get the double pack and Caladrius.

4 minutes and everything is still available! For a few more seconds at least!
Yeah I don't understand why some people are salty like everything sold out in 5 seconds.. I got my orders in quickly and could have probably gone back in and placed another. There was plenty of time, as far as LRG releases go.

I'm a bit shocked they didn't change Caladrius Blaze down to one per limit even though it sounded like that was the plan with the comment earlier.

I guess they decided against it after all.

Rip afternoon Caladrius Blaze.

Oh hey, I have a job too, let's high five.

7c5.gif

bread's done
Back