Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
ended up triple dipping with Caladrius Blaze. I hope the mini artbook & cards are awesome.

maybe that guy is an airport air traffic control tech, & every lrg purchase causes a few dozen deaths.

When is the next LRG release? What games are included? Thanks!
They haven't announced the next set of releases. We probably won't find out until the end of September or Early October. And that doesn't take delays into account. (The majority of September releases were already delayed to October anyway.)

@ the folks deriding people for not being able to step out at work. Some of us have jobs that do not allow for a scheduled shopping break. I know I'm not unique in that but I have been in a sterile procedure for 3-4 of the am releases and missed the pm window a few times due to emergencies.

I certainly wouldn't trade my career to be able to buy a video game but I don't make enough money to be extravagant either.

Some people really do have important work to do.

First time ordering from LRG and things went smoothly.

I was able to get The Flame in the Flood and Caladrius Blaze.  I have to admit Paypal took a bit of time with the back and forth redirecting, I really thought I'd miss out on one or both titles.  Luckily the whole order went through just fine. 

Does anyone know if orders are shipped in a box if they contain 2 PS4 games?

First time ordering from LRG and things went smoothly.

I was able to get The Flame in the Flood and Caladrius Blaze. I have to admit Paypal took a bit of time with the back and forth redirecting, I really thought I'd miss out on one or both titles. Luckily the whole order went through just fine.

Does anyone know if orders are shipped in a box if they contain 2 PS4 games?
2 or more games, they ship in a box

While I appreciate the "Now on Sale" email reminders, not sure they are much good if they arrive at 6:12 PM EST ...
Previous ones have been before, but they've had this issue in the past with many releases before as well with the email send outs.

Everything just felt slow today altogether with the slow redirects that weren't really working.

@ the folks deriding people for not being able to step out at work. Some of us have jobs that do not allow for a scheduled shopping break. I know I'm not unique in that but I have been in a sterile procedure for 3-4 of the am releases and missed the pm window a few times due to emergencies.

I certainly wouldn't trade my career to be able to buy a video game but I don't make enough money to be extravagant either.

Honestly, I don't know why so many make those comments about not wanting something bad enough, and work must have at least a few minute window to buy.

I've done several jobs over the years, and honestly, depending on the day, and what was going on, I could see getting these releases, and other times not. Even now, working from home, I'm free most mornings, and I make sure to have that window, but 5-10 years ago, when my son was younger, and sick rather frequently, I could have easily missed out.

Even now, my phone is a relic, so if I was out and trying to order without an actual home connection, doubtful I could get any of these releases, unless they are up for a good amount of time.

Now of course I agree there are several things people can do who may have a few minutes to improve their odds, and for sure, those should be done. They don't hurt anything, and only help out. Now when someone doesn't want to do those things, well yeah, they may not want it bad enough. But for those at a job who miss out, they have my sympathies for sure.

You know, I always thought they should do releases on Saturdays or Sundays since more people traditionally have them off, but of course that would probably just shift the complaining from people who have to work Fridays to people who have to work weekends. It's really a no-win kinda situation no matter what times they pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. Seriously- if I want a title and I miss it I'll pay eBay prices. They aren't too bad so I'm not that concerned about my situation. I don't think people really want these games many times so that probably isn't an option.

This.

My job isn't "so important" that I can't take a 2-3 minute break, but a scheduled 2-3 minute break at a specific time isn't a luxury I have.

If you dont understand this you most likely haven't started a career yet and should be more sympathetic. The choices for the people who missed it are to either pay double for a second hand copy or go digital and miss out on the physical goodies.

I did get a copy in the second wave, but I feel for all the people who couldn't get it due to similar circumstances as me because people triple/double dipped to exaggerate scarcity.

Indeed. Seriously- if I want a title and I miss it I'll pay eBay prices. They aren't too bad so I'm not that concerned about my situation. I don't think people really want these games many times so that probably isn't an option.
I would do the same, as I've paid double, and in some cases triple(or quadruple) for some physical game options in the past. I've paid way less than retail for many games, so when I have to pay over, it just kind of averages out IMO. Would I like to pay over 100 for some of the recent LRG CE, probably not, but I would if I wanted it bad enough. And if I was actually working when I misused out, that means more than likely I could afford it as well, as I would have a regular income coming in.

You guys realize Windjammers on Neo-Geo is worth like $1,500+ on cartridge and pretty much 100% unattainable for anyone who wants it, right? Even the Japanese CD version is over $100 and is quite rare (not to mention how few people own an NGCD and how bad the loading times are). Not really a game I'd get upset about because it has an existing physical release.
Sounds like you got a bit upset there yourself. Having to brag about your knowledge for a bit there. And yeah I'm happy it's actually getting a physical release. And there's plenty of people out there with the money to get stuff like that even at $1,500. For example I'm sure people like Squarehard and yes me as well. But to me I don't see the point of spending that much when there's other much cheaper ways to get it. And yes legally too. I know other collectors feel different about that as well. And I understand why and don't have a problem with it.

I honestly think too the LRG people could do better with the limits on how many copies people can get of games. But I've noticed it seems like they don't care sometimes in the name of just selling out the game. You could switch it to one per person way ahead of time but a lot of the time they don't. Really does make me wonder why they don't do one per person a lot. What's the real reason? Was it what I said?

Sounds like you got a bit upset there yourself. Having to brag about your knowledge for a bit there. And yeah I'm happy it's actually getting a physical release. And there's plenty of people out there with the money to get stuff like that even at $1,500. For example I'm sure people like Squarehard and yes me as well. But to me I don't see the point of spending that much when there's other much cheaper ways to get it. And yes legally too. I know other collectors feel different about that as well. And I understand why and don't have a problem with it.
The fallacy there is equating a re-release physical with the original. There is not equivalence- so realizing how much the original costs has nothing to do with anything. Are we gonna get a "new" physical release for every rare neo geo title that's going digital? Probably not- but those originals retailed for at least 199$ back in the day- even the shit.

9ecd80a27edae3834be75fa49882dfcd20e1ff46.jpeg

JPN boxart for Valhalla looks so amazing. I hope thr LRG cover doesnr disappoint

This.

My job isn't "so important" that I can't take a 2-3 minute break, but a scheduled 2-3 minute break at a specific time isn't a luxury I have.

If you dont understand this you most likely haven't started a career yet and should be more sympathetic. The choices for the people who missed it are to either pay double for a second hand copy or go digital and miss out on the physical goodies.

I did get a copy in the second wave, but I feel for all the people who couldn't get it due to similar circumstances as me because people triple/double dipped to exaggerate scarcity.
Ok, fair enough. The reality is that there are two windows eight hours apart. LRG has a worldwide market and no matter when they schedule the windows, someone somewhere will always have a reason that they can't make it. I'm sympathetic in the sense that I've been there, but I would never expect a company to change their business model simply because I couldn't buy a luxury item due to my job situation or my financial situation or whatever. I'm sure I sound like a crusty old man, but in life you sometimes have to make choices and you aren't entitled to everything you could possibly want at all times. Maybe instead of focusing on what you can't get, you should learn to appreciate and enjoy what you do have, even if that means you don't get every piece of plastic that someone releases.

JPN boxart for Valhalla looks so amazing. I hope thr LRG cover doesnr disappoint
Damn, that's sweet! I would like a poster of that as well, really nice. Yeah, I'll add a +1 for LRG to match or surpass that, but I won't be holding my breath.

Even though I don't slam most of the LRG covers like many do around here, a lot of their titles just have boring art. But as stated in the past, that falls to the developer, so hopefully they offer something decent for the state side version. That's actually one of the nicest game art I've seen in a good long while.

I honestly think too the LRG people could do better with the limits on how many copies people can get of games. But I've noticed it seems like they don't care sometimes in the name of just selling out the game. You could switch it to one per person way ahead of time but a lot of the time they don't. Really does make me wonder why they don't do one per person a lot. What's the real reason? Was it what I said?
We do it because many people want to buy one copy to play and one to keep sealed. Might seem stupid to some people but I collect sealed games so I get it. I'm not here to tell people how to enjoy the things they buy. If we can find the right unit counts for each game to allow two per customer and service demand - that's always the goal because it allows us to sell more units of a game for our partners.

We don't start games off at one because there is a fine line here - if we start off at one and a game sells really slow as a result, we get droves of people trying to cancel because a game is "not rare". Many people who want two, will only buy one because they don't want to gamble on waiting for us to raise the limit. When we do raise the limit, they won't buy a second copy because they won't want to pay shipping twice. If they do, they'll want us to combine orders - which, as ridiculous as this may seem, is actually kind of time-consuming to do. We have to manually track combined orders. They completely disrupt or shipping process.

For every game that sold out super fast at two per customer, there is one that sold super slow. Those games would have sold disastrously bad at one per customer.

Note that competitors like VBlank and Play-Asia don't limit people at all in most cases. At least we make an effort to set per person limits on every release - we just have more demand than they do and it isn't consistent or predictable. Some things will sell out quickly and some will go slow. As someone whose money rides on this, I'd prefer the former over the latter. I'm always going to err on the safer side.

Rude :(

I actually plan to play Night Trap the day I get it. I actually like Night Trap. :(

Also, maybe I didn't give context. 2 weeks ago they sent me copies of Bunker instead of Night Trap. I had to return the copies of Bunker before they would send me my Night Trap order. Took them a whole week to give me the info I needed to return the copies. So it's actually 4 extra weeks before I get my game... assuming they ship today and not in a week or two like they usually do.
Unfortunately, we've only got three customer support reps and they're buried under a constant stream of "Where's my [Skullgirls, Night Trap, LawBreakers, Wonder Boy, Ys]". They're responding to
around 1,000 support tickets each per week. That's not an excuse for poor service but I just wanted to give you some context.

We're doing our best to respond to things quickly but holy hell, it's been hard recently with the volume.

I verified yesterday that all replacements were indeed out. You should hopefully have your replacements soon. Sorry for the delay!

Was giving an OSPF lab and overran PM release by 11 mins.  I usually peek at the 2nd batch progress just for my own amusement after getting in on the morning batch.

4 mins is an eternity for LRG releases.

We do it because many people want to buy one copy to play and one to keep sealed. Might seem stupid to some people but I collect sealed games so I get it. I'm not here to tell people how to enjoy the things they buy. If we can find the right unit counts for each game to allow two per customer and service demand - that's always the goal because it allows us to sell more units of a game for our partners.

We don't start games off at one because there is a fine line here - if we start off at one and a game sells really slow as a result, we get droves of people trying to cancel because a game is "not rare". Many people who want two, will only buy one because they don't want to gamble on waiting for us to raise the limit. When we do raise the limit, they won't buy a second copy because they won't want to pay shipping twice. If they do, they'll want us to combine orders - which, as ridiculous as this may seem, is actually kind of time-consuming to do. We have to manually track combined orders. They completely disrupt or shipping process.

For every game that sold out super fast at two per customer, there is one that sold super slow. Those games would have sold disastrously bad at one per customer.

Note that competitors like VBlank and Play-Asia don't limit people at all in most cases. At least we make an effort to set per person limits on every release - we just have more demand than they do and it isn't consistent or predictable. Some things will sell out quickly and some will go slow. As someone whose money rides on this, I'd prefer the former over the latter. I'm always going to err on the safer side.
For people complaining about one vs two copies, you realize how much easier LRG lives would be if they were shipping these out 5 or 10 copies at a time? They would be saving money on handling costs (paying people to ship, boxes, tape etc.) and would have far fewer people to deal with complaining about everything. I think we are all lucky there is some form of limit in place so we all at least have a good chance at getting the ones we want.

I think Doug and Josh should start a complaint jar. Each time some self entitled person tells you how you are ruining their lives by not "allowing" them to get a release, put a buck in the jar out of the profits that each release. At the rate of BS here I can only imagine what it is like for the support tickets. Maybe this way you guys would start paying yourselves what you deserve to be making.

Of course if you did it for shipping complaints (or Skullgirls) the company would go bankrupt and you guys would be sailing around in Yachts...

Unfortunately, we've only got three customer support reps and they're buried under a constant stream of "Where's my [Skullgirls, Night Trap, LawBreakers, Wonder Boy, Ys]". They're responding to
around 1,000 support tickets each per week. That's not an excuse for poor service but I just wanted to give you some context.

We're doing our best to respond to things quickly but holy hell, it's been hard recently with the volume.

I verified yesterday that all replacements were indeed out. You should hopefully have your replacements soon. Sorry for the delay!
At this point, I have to ask: is there a reason why you guys don't just compile the status of each release and just put up a page with ballpark estimates on shipping/status info (obviously, 100% accuracy is impossible due to all the variables, hence why I'm saying ballpark estimates)?

Some of us have mentioned it before but I feel like I'm missing something because a) it hasn't been done and b) there are people who seem to not want it because they apparently keep logs of everything you guys post/tweet.

At this point, I have to ask: is there a reason why you guys don't just compile the status of each release and just put up a page with ballpark estimates on shipping/status info (obviously, 100% accuracy is impossible due to all the variables, hence why I'm saying ballpark estimates)?

Some of us have mentioned it before but I feel like I'm missing something because a) it hasn't been done and b) there are people who seem to not want it because they apparently keep logs of everything you guys post/tweet.
To be fair, just because it's been mentioned doesn't mean it has to be done. ;P

Do you mean it hasn't been addressed by them?

It's not that I don't want it, but I want them to focus on more important things than a page telling me when things ship. Outside of pre-orders/delayed manufacturing dates, which I feel would be more helpful, I don't think there really needs to be a shipping status page for shipping delayed titles. I rather just have them work towards on speeding up shipping on releases rather than putting up a page that may or may not be the most accurate, give an estimate that people will just complain about if they don't make the estimate, and they will have a hard time keeping up with when they can't even keep up with their current upcoming releases page.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying it doesn't seem practical for them to do so when there are far more important things to focus on right now other than a page that will most likely be forgotten about after awhile anyways, so really it'd just be helpful for a short time, but after that it'd a tumbleweed just rolling across a desert of neglect. I want a long-term solution to shipping delays, not a short-term one.

It would be nice to have a list of released titles that are not yet manufactured though, and then have those specific dates up as a list. I think this would be much more helpful than a shipping status info update, and they seem to be piling up more of these that they can actually put it to use in combination with the pre-orders as well that are still in progress. Similar to the shipping status info page though, it's really not a priority either, just more of an aesthetics thing, rather than a necessity.

Not sure if that's the reason the people you mention who don't want it feels, but just how I feel on the issue, so take it with a grain of salt. :3

Now, if you're done reading,

giphy.gif

Square I always find you insightful but if they don't focus on the short term at times then I don't see how the long term will ever get looked at. It shouldn't take any time at all for one of their CS people to update a simple table once a week which should then help free up their time to not leave customers in the lurch for 2 weeks  like the earlier poster.

I think a lot of this has to do with how hard it is to find info on the games we buy. I been a customer with you guys since the start and I have no problem with the time it takes to get the games and I do love what you guys are doing. The problem i have is i received a shipping email on night trap on the 7th but it still says shipping label created usps waiting item. and its the 16th now. out of all my orders with you guys this is the first time i sat on a label made this long and it makes me wonder if i should email you or not. I should not have to go to or sign up on a third party site just for the chance to find info on if something in my order might be holding it up. it would be so helpful if i could go to your site and see something like night trap pc wont be ready for another week or so and i would know that you guys just made the labels early.

easy quick fix would be for us to compile info that we find on the first page to help each other out. Anyone here a mod and wants to do it :)
We all know that the majority of the people aren't going to read the front page. They just read the title and the last page and then post.

I hear Excel helps you keep track of games you have ordered or received.
Imagine Excel was short of features the customers wanted and they replied "I hear Google Docs does that."

Do you think he doesn't know what a spreadsheet is? And if "you think" you know, do you know what a spreadsheet is? Oh you were being sarcastic because it's funny to answer legit concerns like that?

One more thing. McDonalds literally instructed a million employees to answer "Thank you" with "my pleasure" because old people complained about the ubiquitous millenial response "no problem"...so quit acting like him wanting a place to show where his money went and how long it will be until he sees what he paid for is somehow too much to ask.

Couldn't you just use the order summary page to do that?
Regardless it is hard to keep up when these games were supposed to ship, I tried even going back to their old game pages but that info isn't there anymore.
Still waiting on WB but I can't recall if that's held up due to the LawBreakers CE, and still waiting on Night Trap.
Actually just realized I haven't gotten Rive or Bard's Gold.... Was there any issues with those or?

I agree that setting up some kind of release status page might be helpful given how many recent releases were not shipped immediately.  Having said that, I don't know that it will reduce in any significant way the number of people that keep contacting customer service as I think those people are essentially complain asking rather than actually doing so in search of information.  

People didn't even read the product page when they ordered their games to know that Ys wasn't shipping until October. I have 0 confidence that putting up a status page would save any headaches. It's not a bad idea, but it probably wouldn't help reduce the support tickets or tweets.

bread's done
Back