Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I thought the exact same thing when I first made purchases and saw they wanted a few extra bucks for a fancy pos cardboard box that says LR lol. Its not like they do a great job making the box any more secure than the black bubble mailer (actually games and cards have arrived better in the mailer than they have in the box) because they throw a piece of crappy paper in the box; put the game in and the card on top of the game at least in my experiences; last box i got from them card made it thru; but because the piece of crap brown paper doesn't keep the game case in place as well as a bubble mailer does the disc is loose in the case. But guess thats on the customer for not buying Add on shipping accessories from a video game site. Why not offer peanuts and styrofoam so at least customers can get a secured shipped item if you want to charge EXTRA for shipping supplies.
If customers wanted to buy shipping supplies they would go to the UPS Store. Occasionally I sell things on ebay and because I care about reviews; and customer feedback you better believe my packages leave so the item arrives in the same condition it was bought in....guess that theory doesnt trickle down to a business thats operating for its "fans"
A business that is shipping items out should care what shape items arrive in without having to reach back into that customers pocket; But OH WAIT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PROFITS; But wait yes they do and these add-ons are a way to off set supposedly what they dont make lol.
Just don't buy anything. Then you don't have to constantly bitch about their business.

First Night Trap came damaged, insert was ripped and manual had a rip on it. Got it replaced, had to pay for shipping back, which sucked, but whatever. Then they reused the box I sent the defective one in which was already starting to get weak to send me back my new one. USPS decided it would be cool to jam it into my parcel locker smashing the box and the CE. Can't get anyone from LRG to respond. Fun times.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/908429775106138112

DId anyone read this check list?

They have Steamworld Dig and SteamWorld Heist Listed.

I don't recall them announcing these games.

Awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the trading cards at all.  Way too many and not as nice as the postcards/stickers.  I know other companies copied the idea, but that shouldn't have been reason enough to change it. 

We are back to floating discs again?

Two things to fix the shipping issues:

1. Use standard boxes (no logos or any costly customization to the box) and put the extra money into bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Having a lot of empty space in a box leads to damage. Packing a box full of purchased items doesn't offer protection either as the items then are providing the structural support for the entire center of box. Basic packaging logic.

2. Drop flashy plastic bags with tiny bubbles to a more standard shipping bag with bigger bubbles. The smaller bubbles offer LESS protection from crushing and make it easier to pop a game out of it's spindle. They do hold up well in wet conditions, but most bubble mailers never see wet conditions at a level that would cause any damage anyway and the bubble part of the mailer keeps moisture from ever getting inside the bag.

The difference being when you sell things on eBay, you can't replace that thing if something goes wrong.
That's not the only difference. It's also a matter of caring that the item arrives in the same condition it shipped in. I know it's hard to care about widgets produced in bulk that can be replaced, but try to put as much effort into your products as people have to put in to buy them. People aren't buying these things blindly but jumping through all of these artificial hoops to make a purchase.

Also please don't complain about the cost of making the trading cards when it's a self inflicted cost. If the cost is a factor, don't do it.

DId anyone read this check list?

They have Steamworld Dig and SteamWorld Heist Listed.

I don't recall them announcing these games.

Awesome!
When I looked at the card list before I don't remember seeing that on there. Nice find. There are a bunch of other games on there that haven't come out too.

First Night Trap came damaged, insert was ripped and manual had a rip on it. Got it replaced, had to pay for shipping back, which sucked, but whatever. Then they reused the box I sent the defective one in which was already starting to get weak to send me back my new one. USPS decided it would be cool to jam it into my parcel locker smashing the box and the CE. Can't get anyone from LRG to respond. Fun times.
I'm going through a similar thing, but still waiting for my replacement.

Gotta say, I much preferred the higher res postcards to these trading cards. Collecting the cards is as added nuisance to an already stressful hobby.
Just not feeling it.

Shipping is a numbers game, and while I sell on Ebay, and do pretty good qty per month, no way LRG could package like I do. As stated in the past, the numbers of damages are very small, and an overall cost of their business model. If I dealt with more items, I may adopt this as well, it just comes down to losses, and whats acceptable, and what isn't.

I personally can't afford to deal with insurance, or damaged items in general, as I'm not making much to begin with. I figured this would be the outcome of asking to pay for the card protector, that's why I offered my original comments, as it would have been better to just add the .50 to the shipping charge, and include the case for free, and no one would have been the wiser. As no one could really say how much cost is involved with shipping the binder to begin with. Yes, it's a "free" item, but unless this is someones first day here, these comments should surprise no one!

This is why major retailers don't care about packaging, as for every one person here who complains when something arrives damaged, there are probably 25-50 customers who don't care. So it's worth it for those places to take the loss and move on. LRG is operating in the same fashion. I understand not adding a box or other things to shipping, as they cost a decent amount, and forcing it on the customer, may or may not be a good idea. But to have a .50 protector offered, it would have made more sense to charge for it, no one would have known, then then LRG would be getting praise for including it for free, with the free card. It wouldn't really be free, but it wouldn't matter, as no one would know that.

Just don't buy anything. Then you don't have to constantly bitch about their business.
I'm sorry I believe this is an open air forum and given the amount of bitching done by others I'll chime in my bitching when I feel necessary :p.

Thanks. Also "bitching" might be seen by some as feedback on things LRG can adjust in the future. 50 cents for a sleeve just throw the fuckin sleeve in you dont care about profits right? lol.

Gotta say, I much preferred the higher res postcards to these trading cards. Collecting the cards is as added nuisance to an already stressful hobby.
Just not feeling it.
I like the cards way more than the sticker/postcard but I don't plan on trying to get them all. For the postcard/stickers, it was easy because it was one of each and there were no "rares" or anything. For the cards, I was thinking it was introduced as an alternative to the postcard/sticker but now it seems like a separate market altogether. I'll just get the ones that come with the games I bought- though with NT, I got 2x of the same cards so I'm already missing one.:p

I'm sorry I believe this is an open air forum and given the amount of bitching done by others I'll chime in my bitching when I feel necessary :p.

Thanks. Also "bitching" might be seen by some as feedback on things LRG can adjust in the future. 50 cents for a sleeve just throw the fuckin sleeve in you dont care about profits right? lol.
I mean, we care about still making a living. We don't care about being millionaires. We're not a charity for the end consumer.

I don't understand, if what you sent back was a standard game - why was your replacement a CE?

Any idea if YS will arrive before Caladrius? Or is it like 50/50 chances? 

I bought one of the display stands with Caladrius and I'd like to grab another in a future order...but if YS is coming first I might just make a separate order for one now. 

We are back to floating discs again?

Two things to fix the shipping issues:

1. Use standard boxes (no logos or any costly customization to the box) and put the extra money into bubble wrap or packing peanuts. Having a lot of empty space in a box leads to damage. Packing a box full of purchased items doesn't offer protection either as the items then are providing the structural support for the entire center of box. Basic packaging logic.

2. Drop flashy plastic bags with tiny bubbles to a more standard shipping bag with bigger bubbles. The smaller bubbles offer LESS protection from crushing and make it easier to pop a game out of it's spindle. They do hold up well in wet conditions, but most bubble mailers never see wet conditions at a level that would cause any damage anyway and the bubble part of the mailer keeps moisture from ever getting inside the bag.

That's not the only difference. It's also a matter of caring that the item arrives in the same condition it shipped in. I know it's hard to care about widgets produced in bulk that can be replaced, but try to put as much effort into your products as people have to put in to buy them. People aren't buying these things blindly but jumping through all of these artificial hoops to make a purchase.

Also please don't complain about the cost of making the trading cards when it's a self inflicted cost. If the cost is a factor, don't do it.

When I looked at the card list before I don't remember seeing that on there. Nice find. There are a bunch of other games on there that haven't come out too.
We actually get a better rate on boxes with our logo vs boxes without. We don't pay extra for that. Our return rate is less than 50 copies for any given run, which equates to around a .01% order defect rate. We've done our research here. Wrapping an item in bubble wrap (which would really do very little to change our ODR) takes around 15 - 30 seconds of extra time to accomplish. Extrapolate that to 10,000 packages a month and you're talking about an additional 41 - 83 hours of work that would MASSIVELY slow down our shipping operation to maybe prevent damage on 5 - 10 copies. That's an additional $625 - $1,250 worth of labor expenses (not counting material expenses for bubble wrap) to save $150 - $250 worth of games. In so many ways, it makes more sense to just continue doing things the way we're doing them. It's easier to replace games than to prevent whatever damage is being caused to them.

Most copies that arrive damaged have been brutalized by the postal service, run over by cars, or just plain mishandled in a way that bubble wrap wouldn't fix.

For any argument about loose discs - I can pop a PS4 disc loose through an incredibly thick acrylic security case at Best Buy with no effort in less than five seconds. The notion that larger bubbles would prevent that is completely ridiculous and false. I don't even know where one would obtain size 0 bubble mailers with "larger bubbles". I don't think such a thing is even an advertised feature of any mailers.

I'm also not complaining about the cost of the cards - I'm laying out why we're not going to give people plastic protective cases for free on top of the cards. We're not a charity. If you care about the card, it's not a stretch to ask for $0.50. That not only covers the cost of the plastic case, but also covers the labor to insert the card and ship it in the case. In the end, the cards are freebies - you're right in saying we don't have to offer them.

No, this is not OK. It also makes people think the 32X variant exists when it doesn't.
I don't know the legalities of selling copyrighted images, but the listing clearly states it is (Canceled), and the same info is given in the description, so I don't see anyone thinking this was an official release. He's only sold 1 in 24hrs, and if this was associated with LRG in anyway, it would have sold out in a few minutes.

Wow that really looks like fuck job it doesn't even look like it was printed on the a good type of sheet and just plain white paper
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Probably not much spent on production, and then charging a decent rate on top of that, I don't see these selling out super quick.

Except they totally can in packs, which we'll offer later on.
Are these packs nothing but golds, rares, and ultra rares ? Was referring the quantities produced. Only 10% are golds, then there are intentionally rare ones. It's basically futile from the outset. The 10 lucky people who do get some ultra rare card much less a gold one are not going to trade it for someone's 3 duplicates of a generic card, and I doubt even getting all common cards in their gold and silver variants is even an attainable or realistic goal.

I know it's free and and supposed to be fun, but my collector OCD is screaming NOPE NOPE NOPE at these cards and their manufactured rarity. Which is fine by me, I need to remind myself I collect video games, not every piece of plastic and paper in the world.

I see talk of the binder again, is there an eta for those? I need one asap, my cards are getting warped and taco-ing sitting in the shipping box!!

Edit:eek:h I'm dumb. I see it's there now. Uhh so does that mean it's shipping now?

Are these packs nothing but golds, rares, and ultra rares ? Was referring the quantities produced. Only 10% are golds, then there are intentionally rare ones. It's basically futile from the outset. The 10 lucky people who do get some ultra rare card much less a gold one are not going to trade it for someone's 3 duplicates of a generic card, and I doubt even getting all common cards in their gold and silver variants is even an attainable or realistic goal.

I know it's free and and supposed to be fun, but my collector OCD is screaming NOPE NOPE NOPE at these cards and their manufactured rarity. Which is fine by me, I need to remind myself I collect video games, not every piece of plastic and paper in the world.
Never try to collect modern sports cards. Getting complete sets is almost impossible b/c rookie cards are intentionally short printed (but are still listed numerically as part of the main set). Inserts are also impossible as a lot of them are 1 of 1s.

Never try to collect modern sports cards. Getting complete sets is almost impossible b/c rookie cards are intentionally short printed (but are still listed numerically as part of the main set). Inserts are also impossible as a lot of them are 1 of 1s.
As a rule of thumb, don't collect things that are designed solely to be collected. Cards are one of the worst offenders with being doomed from the start. Then you add in the lottery stuff they do. #234 of 900, only 1 ever made, randomly sent out to Walgreens all over the world, or something equally stupid.

When it comes to the packs, stuff like the SMRPG and B&C card might actually end up being fairly common even though the overall print quantity is not high versus other cards. For reference, 1,500 of each were printed, I think. When you consider that the packs are being assembled from leftover cards (usually only 500 - 1,000 left of each card) and these - these actually end up being more common in the overall mix since we have basically the full run of them available for the packs.

I haven't yet found anyone trying to collect the gold cards specifically. The reason they exist is to just give people something exciting to occasionally find. It's supposed to be a nice bit of temporary excitement. I don't intend for people to attempt to collect all the gold cards exclusively - that'd be like someone thinking ALL the autograph cards and inserts are necessary for a full set of basketball cards. No one needs all the silver and all the gold cards for a full set, anyone who is thinking that is inflicting that on themselves in the same way anyone going after sports card inserts are.

Forgot why I dropped in in the first place - the binders arrived from Ultra-Pro and they aren't sealed like the sample was so we're actually going to put the card into the binder knowing that we don't have to break any kind of seal to do that.

I don't understand, if what you sent back was a standard game - why was your replacement a CE?
One I sent back was the CE. I kinda wish I kept that one, because it was in better shape than the replacement. But the replacement was a USPS fault jamming it in my mailbox and squishing the box. Just sucks because it's not LRG fault, so I think I may be SOL. I hate USPS, especially the guy in my neighborhood.

To break the usual monotony of the LRG thread with another troupe usually found in here.

Here's MY ebay, I'm not a POS (I don't think, but this is my personal opinion). I am too poor from the vidya games to support RL and LRG habits. Not shitty printed covers lol. Have decent, recent feedback. Recently sold my sealed Cursed Castilla for BO of 120$. Throw me a decent offer (As my prices are hopeful at best and throw in a 'Cag ;) ' or something and I might take the ebay BO BS more seriously).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sellgecko/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

WOW. HOW IS THAT EBAY SELLER SO GREAT?!?!1

To break the usual monotony of the LRG thread with another troupe usually found in here.

Here's MY ebay, I'm not a POS (I don't think, but this is my personal opinion). I am too poor from the vidya games to support RL and LRG habits. Not shitty printed covers lol. Have decent, recent feedback. Recently sold my sealed Cursed Castilla for BO of 120$. Throw me a decent offer (As my prices are hopeful at best and throw in a 'Cag ;) ' or something and I might take the ebay BO BS more seriously).
fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of

fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of
Sorry. :(
I understand the Morton's for the reseller hate, but I won't stoke any fire and it looks like it got deleted anyway (I will consider that my warning and keep that kinda stuff in the appropriate forum location). Just trying to get some bread for a collection I was actually trying to cultivate and can't maintain due to being over-frivolous.

I understand the Morton's for the reseller hate, but I won't stoke any fire and it looks like it got deleted anyway (I will consider that my warning and keep that kinda stuff in the appropriate forum location). Just trying to get some bread for a collection I was actually trying to cultivate and can't maintain due to being over-frivolous.
I call BS. Every single item you are selling is well above what you paid. You're looking to not only clean up your personal financial mess, but make a tidy profit in the process. As such, you're not going to get any sympathy here.

See my previous comment

One I sent back was the CE. I kinda wish I kept that one, because it was in better shape than the replacement. But the replacement was a USPS fault jamming it in my mailbox and squishing the box. Just sucks because it's not LRG fault, so I think I may be SOL. I hate USPS, especially the guy in my neighborhood.
If your USPS carrier keeps damaging your stuff, it might be worth getting a PO box. It'll be more of a pain to pick up packages but it might give you a better chance of getting your stuff in decent shape.

LRG Trading Card Binder up for sale, includes a random card.

$9.99 + 5.50 shipping = $15.49
Wow, they are really milking it now. I know that nobody is forced to buy it but there is going to be some fool who is going to buy because it is available. Physical copies of digital games I am all for but free advertising that I have to pay for, no thank you.

I was pretty amped when I noticed the email go out about shipping for Ys Origin.  Got the second shipping update email yesterday morning and was hit upside the head when I read closer and it said it was the PS4 version.   I don't know how  the fuck I did that when I was only after the Vita version and I feel confident that's the version I had pulled upon my phone when I placed the order.   I'm going to blame lack of sleep for this.  If I would have just checked the purchase receipt more closely I would have caught it after it happened and could have contacted customer support, but I was lazy and assumed the order was fine and I had done my part for preorders.   It's been a few years since I've ebayed anything, but I've been meaning to start selling off much of my game collection anyway (I want a smaller more core collection)... so maybe this will help encourage me to get started on that.

Are you all getting ship notifications for Ys standard or Collectors? I haven't gotten any notification yet.

I did get ship notification for flame in the flood two pack, but it's tracking number still shows awaiting USPS pick up.

Are you all getting ship notifications for Ys standard or Collectors? I haven't gotten any notification yet.

I did get ship notification for flame in the flood two pack, but it's tracking number still shows awaiting USPS pick up.
Nothing for me yet on my CE bundle, so the notices may be for the standard version. Also, did Asdivine ever arrive, as that may be holding up my order, as I never saw any mention of that title being shipped either.

I was pretty amped when I noticed the email go out about shipping for Ys Origin. Got the second shipping update email yesterday morning and was hit upside the head when I read closer and it said it was the PS4 version. I don't know how the fuck I did that when I was only after the Vita version and I feel confident that's the version I had pulled upon my phone when I placed the order. I'm going to blame lack of sleep for this. If I would have just checked the purchase receipt more closely I would have caught it after it happened and could have contacted customer support, but I was lazy and assumed the order was fine and I had done my part for preorders. It's been a few years since I've ebayed anything, but I've been meaning to start selling off much of my game collection anyway (I want a smaller more core collection)... so maybe this will help encourage me to get started on that.
I ordered a Vita Ys collector's edition for a friend who was concerned he would not get it in time due to poor internet service. Long story short he got his copy and I will be getting an extra I do not need. PM me if you need the Vita copy, but I won't go into further details here since this isn't a trade thread.

bread's done
Back