Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm not sure the others will be out much sooner. I'm assuming the others are further along in the process, but all we know is they aren't shipping right away. The Switch one is the only one with an actual estimated date, I think (July).

I mean, aren't all LRG releases technically "pre-orders" now? The main difference with the Switch Thimbleweed Park is that it doesn't have a set number.
They will produce as many copies of Thimbleweed Park that are pre-ordered. The Switch version will absolutely get more pre-orders than the 3,500 copies the PS4 is getting printed.

I am just going for the standard edition on Switch myself. The CE is cool, but it's way too expensive for what you get with it.

What do you want from them? The same old tired salt and sanctuary request everyone is making? Thimbleweed is hardly junk.
Yeah, some of those comments aren't even worth respong ti, as Thimbleweed is for sure one of the top titles LRG has offered so far.. And it's a great first game to kick off LRG & NS coming together finally.

They will produce as many copies of Thimbleweed Park that are pre-ordered. The Switch version will absolutely get more pre-orders than the 3,500 copies the PS4 is getting printed.

I am just going for the standard edition on Switch myself. The CE is cool, but it's way too expensive for what you get with it.
This will be interesting for sure, but I don't know that the standard will top the PS4 qty's. I think it will be close either way, and be slightly below, or slightly above. With the CE being at 3000, I think that may take away from the standard version. If only the standard was being offered, I'm pretty sure then it would go above the PS4, but as is, I'll for sure be watching closely.

BTW, this is how you put info that needs to be seen in your games description:

Please Note: This item is a preorder and will not ship out until the games are manufactured with Nintendo. Due to the long production times associated with Switch cartridges, we expect to ship this item out by early July.

I've been doing this in my Ebay listings for who knows how long, and it's made important information easy to read, understand, and next to impossible not to see. Now if we can only get a working solution to the shipping status updates, we would really be moving on and up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, some of those comments aren't even worth respong ti, as Thimbleweed is for sure one of the top titles LRG has offered so far.. And it's a great first game to kick off LRG & NS coming together finally.

This will be interesting for sure, but I don't know that the standard will top the PS4 qty's. I think it will be close either way, and be slightly below, or slightly above. With the CE being at 3000, I think that may take away from the standard version. If only the standard was being offered, I'm pretty sure then it would go above the PS4, but as is, I'll for sure be watching closely.
With it being the first Switch release by LRG I expect the pre-orders to be big, but even with the CE I still expect a lot of people to be like me and not want to pay almost double for the CE and I've heard that pre-orders will be up for a couple of weeks even so I expect at least 5,000 standard editions to be pre-ordered, which would be great for LRG and future Switch releases.

With it being the first Switch release by LRG I expect the pre-orders to be big, but even with the CE I still expect a lot of people to be like me and not want to pay almost double for the CE and I've heard that pre-orders will be up for a couple of weeks even so I expect at least 5,000 standard editions to be pre-ordered, which would be great for LRG and future Switch releases.
Yeah, 5000 would be awesome, but having the orders open for weeks, takes away the "must have" mentality, so this will be interesting to watch no matter what.

Are you sure? I noticed that I could add many more than 1 CE to the cart.
You can always add as many as you want, as I don't think they have a "limit" in the system to stop past a certain number(if so, they don't use it). If you order past, they just refund you the orders, and put the stock back in the pool.

EDIT: Well, that's not true, as I do remember awhile back you couldn't order past 2 for the blind boxes, so I guess they do have a system, but even if it's allowing it, they'll fix it after the fact.

Now I remember what has kept me from getting that Thimbleweed Art Book - that shipping cost.  I had been close to checking out via Fangamer in the past and never pulled the trigger... I forgot why.  Nobody wants to use Media Mail as an option, I guess.   I was scared off when the LRG description was already explaining away the shipping cost by calling the book "super hefty", followed by saying it's "2 pounds."  Haha.... 2 pounds is "super hefty"?   I am sure that $12 shipping cost isn't far off from the actual shipping cost if they are using Priority/Parcel select.

Got my standard PS4 TP. Going rather slow, I'm surprised.
Point and click games aren't as popular as say platformers or a schmup. I for one am not shocked the game didn't sell out fast. Second batch will probably go even slower.

Now I remember what has kept me from getting that Thimbleweed Art Book - that shipping cost. I had been close to checking out via Fangamer in the past and never pulled the trigger... I forgot why. Nobody wants to use Media Mail as an option, I guess. I was scared off when the LRG description was already explaining away the shipping cost by calling the book "super hefty", followed by saying it's "2 pounds." Haha.... 2 pounds is "super hefty"? I am sure that $12 shipping cost isn't far off from the actual shipping cost if they are using Priority/Parcel select.
Yeah, I actually have that art book, and it's one of the smallest I own. It could easily be sent media mail for under $5, but you can't use media mail if you have video games in the order, so that might be why it's not offered, as most would buy that with other items. But on it's own, it should be allowed/used.

Now I remember what has kept me from getting that Thimbleweed Art Book - that shipping cost. I had been close to checking out via Fangamer in the past and never pulled the trigger... I forgot why. Nobody wants to use Media Mail as an option, I guess. I was scared off when the LRG description was already explaining away the shipping cost by calling the book "super hefty", followed by saying it's "2 pounds." Haha.... 2 pounds is "super hefty"? I am sure that $12 shipping cost isn't far off from the actual shipping cost if they are using Priority/Parcel select.
Unfortunately video games don't apply for media mail.

Thimbleweed Park PS4 still around 50%?!? Can't believe it's lasted this long. Maybe everyone is going for the Switch release.
I have a feeling it's a combination of the price ($25 more to get it on the PS4/Switch with a couple of exclusive items not in the PC version) and the open order switch version. I did think the CE would go faster - the PS4 CE is even limited to TWO per person. Maybe it didn't have as much interest since most of the contents have been available via Fangamer for a long time.

DVD and Blu-ray qualify for media mail. That's the format of MOST video games. The content on the DVD/Blu-Ray shouldn't matter.
It shouldn't, but it does and is on the USPS site:

• Computer-readable media
    NOTE: Video games, computer drives, and digital drives do not qualify for Media Mail prices.

Would love for that decision to be lifted though. What about educational video games?!?

It shouldn't, but it does and is on the USPS site:

• Computer-readable media
    NOTE: Video games, computer drives, and digital drives do not qualify for Media Mail prices.

Would love for that decision to be lifted though. What about educational video games?!?
Technically, that would qualify, but those are far and in between, but it should be OK.

Finally broke my streak. As dumb as it sounds, feeling like you have to get them all and missing out is a really tough thing to push past.
So I got the two games I thought were interesting for a system I actually play, just gonna have to continue that.

I know some people make fun of people for saying "LRG is forcing them to get them all." But a person who truly is OCD tends to feel physically bad for missing out on something they collect.
I'm not full on OCD by any means, but feeling like I missed out bothered me for some time. Just gotta tell your self if you really want it down the road, you jut might have to pay a little extra. And with some of these games you could end up paying less from what I've seen.

Alright rant over, I am glad I got the games I wanted though. I just ate up all my data on my phone the day prior, and the extremely slow speeds had me thinking I'll have to aim for these later today.

First class is the same price or cheaper than media mail most of the time if you’re just sending one game.
That used to be true (well, I don't think it was ever cheaper than Media Mail, but it was close to the same) - not anymore. USPS jacked up their rates. A First Class package is now close to what Priority used to be.

I ship First Class all of the time. It's restrictive on weight, but a couple of games, even in a box, still come in under the limit. I typically pay from like $2.60 to $4.60 and it's much, much faster than Media. Ebay has nice discounts for shipping that help keep the cost down, and there are even ways to use eBay's discounts on other things that you are shipping that aren't for an eBay sale. 

I ship First Class all of the time. It's restrictive on weight, but a couple of games, even in a box, still come in under the limit. I typically pay from like $2.60 to $4.60 and it's much, much faster than Media. Ebay has nice discounts for shipping that help keep the cost down, and there are even ways to use eBay's discounts on other things that you are shipping that aren't for an eBay sale.
I utilize this discount also.

I used to ship First Class all the time, too, until the rates jacked up (and the rates did change - it's documented). $2.60 would be a discounted rate for 4oz. I guess I always ship out at 13 oz and that's where the jump really happened (and I use boxes, not those cheap mailers) - it seems like it was one flat cost up to 13 oz and now the cost varies by ounce. 13oz retails for $5.50 - I don't recall Ebay discounting first class. I get huge discounts on Priority, but I don't remember seeing discounts on First Class. $5.50 seems about what I was regularly seeing when I stopped using it. I think that's around what LRG charges, too.

Finally broke my streak. As dumb as it sounds, feeling like you have to get them all and missing out is a really tough thing to push past.
So I got the two games I thought were interesting for a system I actually play, just gonna have to continue that.
I know some people make fun of people for saying "LRG is forcing them to get them all." But a person who truly is OCD tends to feel physically bad for missing out on something they collect.
I'm not full on OCD by any means, but feeling like I missed out bothered me for some time. Just gotta tell your self if you really want it down the road, you jut might have to pay a little extra. And with some of these games you could end up paying less from what I've seen.
Alright rant over, I am glad I got the games I wanted though. I just ate up all my data on my phone the day prior, and the extremely slow speeds had me thinking I'll have to aim for these later today.
Me too, other than the vita, everything else will just be games
I’m interested in

Dont ship media mail, or parcel post if you want it delivered with speed.

Parcel post is a holdover from decades ago, a PP package container will only ship from the plant *when it's full* so if it sits for weeks... it sits for weeks. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Media mail isn't like that, but it's still slower and subject to all sorts of rules and scrutiny. There are employees that part of their job is to randomly grab a few media mail packages and open them for verification. Carriers/clerks that see a media mail package that feels like it's not a book etc.. technically we are supposed to hold it aside and notify management. Most don't though cause of the hassle.

Yeah, 5000 would be awesome, but having the orders open for weeks, takes away the "must have" mentality, so this will be interesting to watch no matter what.
It definitely won't be as rare as other LRG releases for sure, but I feel like there a lot of people who are eating up anything cool when it comes to physical releases on Switch and it doesn't get much cooler than a physical copy of Thimbleweed Park right now.

I ordered it already myself, but it didn't have the urgency factor like most releases do and in this case, I think it will work in favour of Thimbleweed Park since that will give it time for word to spread that it is available for pre-order. I expect this to be a lot of peoples first LRG purchase.

It definitely won't be as rare as other LRG releases for sure, but I feel like there a lot of people who are eating up anything cool when it comes to physical releases on Switch and it doesn't get much cooler than a physical copy of Thimbleweed Park right now.

I ordered it already myself, but it didn't have the urgency factor like most releases do and in this case, I think it will work in favour of Thimbleweed Park since that will give it time for word to spread that it is available for pre-order. I expect this to be a lot of peoples first LRG purchase.
I don't know.... seeing how slow the PS4 versions are going isn't giving me much hope this is going to be a huge seller for their first Switch release. I apparently am not representative of many since I thought this was going to be one of their "major" releases. This was the longest I waited in line to checkout, too - I went from wondering if this would be the first time I missed something in the morning batch to seeing plenty of stock still available an hour later.

Dont ship media mail, or parcel post if you want it delivered with speed.

Parcel post is a holdover from decades ago, a PP package container will only ship from the plant *when it's full* so if it sits for weeks... it sits for weeks. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Media mail isn't like that, but it's still slower and subject to all sorts of rules and scrutiny. There are employees that part of their job is to randomly grab a few media mail packages and open them for verification. Carriers/clerks that see a media mail package that feels like it's not a book etc.. technically we are supposed to hold it aside and notify management. Most don't though cause of the hassle.
Yeah, I pretty much stopped using Parcel Post awhile back, as priority mail is cheaper 9/10 times. I do use media mail daily, as I'm selling tons of books lately, and the cost of any other service doesn't work out. If not for media mail, I wouldn't be selling as much as I do.

EDIT: I also think all the games being offered today may have had an effect on overall sales. It's just to much for one day, especially for the collector crowd. I've always thought the qty's used for the PS4, would work just as well for the NS. Of course the NS fan base is probably more rabbid than any other, but the user base is still really small compared to the PS4. So I personally never saw the need to go bonkers on qty's, as I just don't see the market supporting that right now(maybe later on for sure).

I have a feeling it's a combination of the price ($25 more to get it on the PS4/Switch with a couple of exclusive items not in the PC version) and the open order switch version. I did think the CE would go faster - the PS4 CE is even limited to TWO per person. Maybe it didn't have as much interest since most of the contents have been available via Fangamer for a long time.
I have a feelings it's because things aren't so "limited" when there are open pre-orders.

Slept in today. I see Thimbleweed is still available and there are no limits on quantities purchased today. I'll pick one PS4 version up later today sometime maybe. It's my guess that there won't be a ton of Switch pre-orders but we'll see. Not sure how much the insanely rabid Nintendo fanbase crosses over with LRG.

DVD and Blu-ray qualify for media mail. That's the format of MOST video games. The content on the DVD/Blu-Ray shouldn't matter.
Video games do not qualify for media mail, and when you sell them through Ebay or Amazon now they no longer offer the in-service purchase to ship them that way. However, blu-ray movies are acceptable for media mail.

EDIT: I also think all the games being offered today may have had an effect on overall sales. It's just to much for one day, especially for the collector crowd. I've always thought the qty's used for the PS4, would work just as well for the NS. Of course the NS fan base is probably more rabbid than any other, but the user base is still really small compared to the PS4. So I personally never saw the need to go bonkers on qty's, as I just don't see the market supporting that right now(maybe later on for sure).
Fun fact: March currently has the highest number of LRG releases (in terms of number of titles; not cover variants, multiplatform, etc.) at nine. Previous record was eight from August 2017 (which had Ys, Wonderboy, and Night Trap). Not to mention the other companies that have come out to offer limited print releases - I know Bunny Must Die is out today, Sir Eatsalot was earlier this week, and I think there was another release early in the month.

I'm not trying to be critical of any company or person here (what I know is limited to what's publicly available), but it'll be interesting to see what happens in the limited print space over the next few months. The game has changed a lot from when it was just LRG. Novelty seems to be less of a factor than it was, and it's definitely showing on some of the less well-reviewed titles that tend to stay in stock. Competition in the space is good, though, so I'm excited to see how companies adapt.

I have a feelings it's because things aren't so "limited" when there are open pre-orders.

Slept in today. I see Thimbleweed is still available and there are no limits on quantities purchased today. I'll pick one PS4 version up later today sometime maybe. It's my guess that there won't be a ton of Switch pre-orders but we'll see. Not sure how much the insanely rabid Nintendo fanbase crosses over with LRG.
The Switch version of the big box CE sold out within 3 minutes (with a limit of 1 per person). The PS4 version of the big box CE is still in stock with 43% left almost 2 hours after going on sale with a limit of 2 per customer. Switch started with 3000 total CE copies and PS4 was 2500 total CE copies. I think that shows that the Switch fan base is just a little bit more rabid than the PS4 fan base ;)

The Switch version of the big box CE sold out within 3 minutes (with a limit of 1 per person). The PS4 version of the big box CE is still in stock with 43% left almost 2 hours after going on sale with a limit of 2 per customer. Switch started with 3000 total CE copies and PS4 was 2500 total CE copies. I think that shows that the Switch fan base is just a little bit more rabid than the PS4 fan base ;)
That's true, but I also think those with dual systems, preferred the NS over the PS4. The same way Vita games would sell out faster than PS4 offerings, as some games are just preferred on a certain device over another.

Good point. It's either that or people really were into that phone book over a cassette tape.

I would've bet money the PS4 CE and game would've been a quick sellout... well, I guess I technically did. :) I wasn't planning on getting rid of it any time soon, but I always like the idea of being able to recoup my cost if I changed my mind. That won't be happening here, for sure. These are going to see some Ebay discounts.

That's true, but I also think those with dual systems, preferred the NS over the PS4. The same way Vita games would sell out faster than PS4 offerings, as some games are just preferred on a certain device over another.
Beyond the general Nintendo fanboy, most people see a real value in the hybrid console model. Being able to have a console experience in handheld form has been a lifelong dream for me, which is why I loved the Vita for what it attempted to achieve, and more so the Switch for what it has excelled at. Knowing Sonys track record with following popular tech (Gameboy-PSP, Wii-Move, Oculus-PSVR), there is no doubt in my mind that they aren't secretly developing a hybrid console competitor. Sure, they confirmed that there won't be a successor to the PS Vita, but that's not stopping them from rebranding under another name. Either way, Nintendo honed in on what most gamers have been looking for, and for that, I believe you'll continue to see the Switch gain in popularity over it's competition.

Still no, because it's not for educational material either. Kid's activity books also don't count towards media mail, despite being used in school. They really should just rename it.

Books, consisting wholly of reading matter, scholarly bibliography, or reading matter with incidental blank spaces for notations and containing no advertising, except for incidental announcements of books.
Workbooks don't qualify, for example.

Comics don't qualify, but some locations take that to mean manga and trade paperbacks, which isn't supposed to be the case. Comics don't qualify because they're periodicals with ads.

Comics don't qualify, but some locations take that to mean manga and trade paperbacks, which isn't supposed to be the case. Comics don't qualify because they're periodicals with ads.
Yeah, this is the bulk of what I sell, and no issues so far. I've mailed comics that way in the past, even though I knew ads in a book kills the deal.

bread's done
Back