Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Bestbuy getting River City Girls Physical?
Should be. They also have an exclusive BB cover. Per River City Girls Switch page

"Best Buy may be receiving a small number of copies of this game with alternate cover art. Best Buy has the ability to not move forward with their order, as it has not been finalized yet. Wait at your own risk."

Josh said the first 15k copies are in hand waiting for covers and manuals to be printed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Any comparison of PS4 vs switch for blazing chrome? Would rather get the switch version but the bloodstained debacle has me iffy
saw a detailed YouTube review comparing ps4/xb1 to switch. The switch suffers from big lag during a spider boss fight stage, and some miner slowdown on a snow level. There is also a missing(?) moving background layer Glitch on the red thunder storm level. The video stated the dev is working on a future patch to sort these things out on switch. I'm not sure if this patch has released yet.

ps4/xb1 run flawless at a constant 60 fps the entire game since launch.

Welp, guess Transistor's getting released in October then. So I just checked the product page on their site and it says they already have units on hand. I bought the standard edition and it's the only thing I bought in my order so it's not like they're waiting for something else to arrive. Ehhhh. :whistle2:k

Welp, guess Transistor's getting released in October then. So I just checked the product page on their site and it says they already have units on hand. I bought the standard edition and it's the only thing I bought in my order so it's not like they're waiting for something else to arrive. Ehhhh. :whistle2:k
My Switch copy shipped already.

Just checked tracking and it is arriving Wed

Jesus, they sure took long to get these tho. It wasn't like this when I ordered Dragon Fantasy. Maybe they just got more orders than they thought they'd get.

Jesus, they sure took long to get these tho. It wasn't like this when I ordered Dragon Fantasy. Maybe they just got more orders than they thought they'd get.
Those were the good old days. They sell multiple games pretty much every week now and have 100+ items pending shipment. They're a pretty big publisher by the numbers nowadays, but logistically I don't think they've quite figured all of the growing pains out.

Getting Aegis Defenders at Best Buy was a real pain.

On Friday night I went to one store where I had good luck in the past finding stuff. I didn't see the game on the shelf so I asked the associate working in the games department if he could help look for it. Of course he pulled up the Best Buy site on his phone and told me it was only available as a download. I tried explaining to him about how about how it was in store store sku only and he actually pulled up the LRG site on his phone and read the entire page. He was about to tell me it didn't exist, but thankfully the LRG site lists the game as being available at Best Buy. After a bit he finally agreed to go in the back and look for it. A few minutes later he comes out and tells me there are a lot of sealed boxes back there and he doesn't know where to look. Then he tells me he will find someone who knows where to look. After more waiting the manager came over, introduced herself and told me she would find the game. She came back out and told me they didn't have it, but I could download it. She showed me the Best Buy site on her phone. I thanked her for her time and told her I would try another location.

At the second store I encountered a real stubborn and lazy associate. I politely asked him if he could help me find the game. He said that all Switch games are out on the shelf alphabetically. So, I explained to him that Aegis Defenders was an in store only sku. He pulls up the Best Buy site and tells me it's download only. Then I asked him if he could look for it in the back. He repeats that all Switch games are out on the shelf alphabetically. I pleaded my case again about it being a special sku and asked him again if he could please go in the back to look for it. At this point he starts a mini argument with me and tells me I'm not listening to him. He was getting really rude, so I told him I would talk to the manager about finding the game. I then went to the front desk to ask about finding the game in the back. I spoke to a real nice guy who told me he couldn't leave his position to look for it. He was going to get someone to go look for it, but then decided he would go in the back himself to look. He quickly came back with the game and I thanked him.

If I could figure out a way to email the store manager of the second store I would like to report the first guy for refusing to help and the second guy for providing good service. I'm kind of regretting not buying Gunvolt from LRG directly now. I imagine it's going to be even harder to find, especially if it releases during the holiday shopping season.

Thanks for the story. Guess I'll load LRG on my phone if I make it to BB lookin' for Aegis Defenders. There is a way to leave feedback for a store on BB.com. I did it for a nice guy at my store but never received confirmation from corporate or the store. No clue if anyone ever bothered to tell him good job.

lol you should have went back to the lazy ass associate from the 2nd store and rubbed it in his face oh really all switch games are on the shelf 

That is kinda why I am regretting not ordering the last couple of LRG games that Best Buy will be carrying.  In the past, I won't even bother getting an employee to look unless I have "proof" that it's in stock at the store.  Having to go up and explain to them that Tyrok said River City Girls is REALLY there is going to be painful.  I wish they would just let me walk behind the counter.  

My closest Best Buy is the worst as far as putting games on the shelf goes.  I have to ask them to find a game 95% of the time.  Switch games have two stages - when they arrive, they get put up at the front in no particular order.  After some indeterminate amount of time, they will move them to a locked case by where the "older" Switch games reside on the floor.  What is actually on the floor is in no order.   The other Best Buys in my areas put games out in alphabetical order (there is one that ran out of shelf space, so if you want a game that starts with anything above an "S", it's in the back) and are pretty good at getting stuff out on the floor.  Maybe not on the day they came out, but soon enough.  

There are some good employees at the store, but there have been a couple who are not great.   One time, I asked a cashier for a new release that should be over in the cage next to the registers.   She went, quickly came back, and said they don't have it.  I went over to one of the good employees (who is now gone - this store had the two best BB employees I've ever encountered and they left at the same time) who works customer service, he left the customer service area, walked right past the cashier, went over to the cage, and immediately grabbed the game and rang me up.

There is another who has more than once just told me they don't have something without even looking.  Twice I've immediately ordered it for store pick-up right after he told me, went to do something else in the area, and had it ready for pickup within 15 minutes.  A third time other people found it after he declared it wasn't there.

wow that sounds horrible. I thought it was going to be like how those other LRG releases were, where two of each game was just sitting on the shelf everywhere.

Has anybody's Psychonauts or Accounting+ shipped out yet?  I checked my order status and it says that it's READY and IN-HAND but haven't gotten any tracking numbers yet.  It's been a week, I wrote them an email but haven't heard back.

Has anybody's Psychonauts or Accounting+ shipped out yet? I checked my order status and it says that it's READY and IN-HAND but haven't gotten any tracking numbers yet. It's been a week, I wrote them an email but haven't heard back.
They're in-hand, but so are ~20 other items. They're also giving priority to RCG and Celeste, so it'll probably ship sometime this month or next.

They're in-hand, but so are ~20 other items. They're also giving priority to RCG and Celeste, so it'll probably ship sometime this month or next.
Odd they'd give priority to RCG when last reported they didn't even have the printed materials for it yet and they still need packaged.

I'll be sure to post the street date and sku of any of these upcoming Best Buy releases that are too small to be on the website. You just have to be sure they are searching for it via rss on a computer or the employee app (not the regular Best Buy one).

Having someone look in the back is pretty much going to happen at every store since there is only room for maybe 150 Switch games on the floor and some have 200+ in stock.

I'll be sure to post the street date and sku of any of these upcoming Best Buy releases that are too small to be on the website. You just have to be sure they are searching for it via rss on a computer or the employee app (not the regular Best Buy one).
Thanks Tyrok! I really appreciate this and I know others will too. Makes it a lot easier trying to get these in store only games.

Has anybody's Psychonauts or Accounting+ shipped out yet? I checked my order status and it says that it's READY and IN-HAND but haven't gotten any tracking numbers yet. It's been a week, I wrote them an email but haven't heard back.
Yes, my Psychonauts arrived Friday, September 27.

So is Best Buy only getting a small amount of River City Girls or something? I know the Gunvolt game is only getting 2500, but never saw anything for RCG.

Seems like they aren't saying how many BB will be getting anymore on the recent listings.

Its starting to look like their "Distribution line" is just another way to circumvent the 2-3 Switch releases per month they promised Switch collectors when they originally started carrying Switch games.  Guess they want to burn out the Switch collectors as much as they burned out the PS4 collectors.

In VR news, Accounting+ is up for preorder at Best Buy.  Not sure how many copies they are getting but a preorder is good news.  BB is also supposed to be receiving copies of Red Matter, but I don't see it listed yet on the BB site.

Its starting to look like their "Distribution line" is just another way to circumvent the 2-3 Switch releases per month they promised Switch collectors when they originally started carrying Switch games. Guess they want to burn out the Switch collectors as much as they burned out the PS4 collectors.

In VR news, Accounting+ is up for preorder at Best Buy. Not sure how many copies they are getting but a preorder is good news. BB is also supposed to be receiving copies of Red Matter, but I don't see it listed yet on the BB site.
really the listing for Red Matter on LRG site says nothing about a best buy release

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-282-red-matter-ps4?_pos=2&_sid=6a5989d02&_ss=r

Its starting to look like their "Distribution line" is just another way to circumvent the 2-3 Switch releases per month they promised Switch collectors when they originally started carrying Switch games. Guess they want to burn out the Switch collectors as much as they burned out the PS4 collectors.
I don't know if the releases are any different behind the scenes, but it certainly does seem that way. If volume wasn't a concern I could definitely see things like Luminous Avenger being a limited run.

Yeah, it was mentioned in the last Fireside Chat that Best Buy will be carrying two of their VR games- - Accounting+ and this.

Also, in other Best Buy news, Aegis Defenders can now be ordered for shipping and store pick up from the BB website.
I saw a price tag for Aegis Defenders with 3 copies today in store!

Just to be sure has anyone played Aegis Defenders or this more of the OMG so rare type thinking? I think I got it on PC but it just looks OK with not super impressive graphics or anything. Just curious is all.

Just to be sure has anyone played Aegis Defenders or this more of the OMG so rare type thinking? I think I got it on PC but it just looks OK with not super impressive graphics or anything. Just curious is all.
People were slamming the game when it was announced, but I have learned to ignore any hype or hate, because I have missed games I have really enjoyed, and bought some that I can't stand due to listening to others. I tried the demo and enjoyed it so I picked it up. I have found it to be fun, a mix of different elements of puzzle solving, exploring, and tower defense.

It does seem that since this was a lower print run to BB, that people are going after it now.

[attachment=32839:rogue.jpg]

Rogue Legacy

[attachment=32840:transistor.jpg]

Transistor

[attachment=32841:freedom.jpg]

Freedom Planet

[attachment=32842:aegis.jpg]

Aegis Defenders

Are all available to order at Best Buy.

That Rogue Legacy Cover is excellent. I pre-ordered that today.
Glad I passed on getting it direct. There was nothing to pair it with that I was interested in.

My copies of Transistor and Freedom Planet are shipping from Limited Run.

I think the Best Buy cover art for both of these is really good too. I may have to order the cover sheets for these from Limited Run.

Did LRG's CS go downhill or something? I contacted them about damaged PAX west items and no response after 2 days... before, seems like they'd respond with 24 hrs. 

Also, does anyone know what's up with Battle Princess Madelyn? 

Did LRG's CS go downhill or something? I contacted them about damaged PAX west items and no response after 2 days... before, seems like they'd respond with 24 hrs.

Also, does anyone know what's up with Battle Princess Madelyn?
Gone downhill? When was it ever at the top? LOL

bread's done
Back