Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Does it not disturb anyone else that there is a nonzero probability of dying before they even get their games from this company

Like, imagine, you get hospitalized, and the last things you can think of "..damn..4 months until my Shantae Rehash #73 collector's edition for the newest console....i'll never get to put it on my shelf and never play it"
If this isn't sarcasm I hope someday you experience sunlight without bursting into flame.

Yeah, I ordered Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles together from First Press Games on 2/19/21. Natsuki Chronicles recently got released but Ginga Force still hasn't been released. Then I ordered Crimzon Clover World EXplosion on 9/12/21. That isn't coming out anytime soon either. I am patient but after looking at those dates, how could these possibly take this long to produce? Limited run is lightning fast compared to this company.
I mean, i give LRG a lot of flak but Scam company isn't what I'd call them. Even if some CEs turn out shit the standard editions always come out as they're supposed to at the end of the day, which is more than I can say for FPG and Dispatch. Dispatch outright lost their business license, hasn't renewed it since losing it in August, and their owner has gone off the internet grid. FPG stealth delayed a bunch of games meant to ship out 2+ years ago into Q3 2023... And I have no idea why they just stealth delay constantly without communicating with people. Ginga Force was meant to ship in the Summer. Then November. Now Jan. Now likely some other time, with no reason given as to *why* it's delayed so much.

I legit feel LRG, even when it too stealth delays, is much easier to get an answer out of compared to FPG who just hide your comments and lock replies to their socials if you ask for an ETA. :( Shame too as I liked how Hole New World turned out and bought that, but since then it feels like a company running off limited funds. Least LRG doesn't have that issue even if their stuff isn't doing as hot as it used to, they have the funding to stick around

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I ordered Ginga Force and Natsuki Chronicles together from First Press Games on 2/19/21. Natsuki Chronicles recently got released but Ginga Force still hasn't been released. Then I ordered Crimzon Clover World EXplosion on 9/12/21. That isn't coming out anytime soon either. I am patient but after looking at those dates, how could these possibly take this long to produce? Limited run is lightning fast compared to this company.
Same here. Did you email them? I asked and they said shipping this month, and already half way through the month and not a peep from them.

I mean, i give LRG a lot of flak but Scam company isn't what I'd call them. Even if some CEs turn out shit the standard editions always come out as they're supposed to at the end of the day, which is more than I can say for FPG and Dispatch. Dispatch outright lost their business license, hasn't renewed it since losing it in August, and their owner has gone off the internet grid. FPG stealth delayed a bunch of games meant to ship out 2+ years ago into Q3 2023... And I have no idea why they just stealth delay constantly without communicating with people. Ginga Force was meant to ship in the Summer. Then November. Now Jan. Now likely some other time, with no reason given as to *why* it's delayed so much.

I legit feel LRG, even when it too stealth delays, is much easier to get an answer out of compared to FPG who just hide your comments and lock replies to their socials if you ask for an ETA. :( Shame too as I liked how Hole New World turned out and bought that, but since then it feels like a company running off limited funds. Least LRG doesn't have that issue even if their stuff isn't doing as hot as it used to, they have the funding to stick around
at least FPG you get your sh!t eventually

as for Dispatch, that scummy company ran off with my money and everyone else's money. I dont think we will ever get our games or money back from them fuck

Does it not disturb anyone else that there is a nonzero probability of dying before they even get their games from this company
That could be said of preordering anything from any company. Heck that can be said of making an online order for something... anything... from any company. Even calling up and ordering pizza from a local place there's a nonzero probability you could die before it shows up.

If it bothers you waiting for stuff... stop ordering things and go buy stuff in person at stores, trade shows, yard sales, and so on. And ultimately we are likely all dying with purchases we managed to get in hand but never end up playing. No sense in dwelling on that, though maybe give it some pause to ask yourself if you are making the most of your time here (on Earth). Not saying give up gaming but maybe cut back knowing you can't catch em all and play em all.

at least FPG you get your sh!t eventually
Well... Maybe. A lot of the stuff they still haven;t shipped was supposed to ship in like 2019/2020. They have shipped some games in the past but so did Dispatch.

It is disappointing that they got Chained Echoes though. It looks great but I don't know if I want to wait three years for them to possibly get a standard edition together.

I took a chance on FPG. I got the first three, but it was pretty clear that they were going to have problems fulfilling promises made, so even though I thought the second batch of games looked better than the first, I decided to quit while I was ahead.

I took a chance on FPG. I got the first three, but it was pretty clear that they were going to have problems fulfilling promises made, so even though I thought the second batch of games looked better than the first, I decided to quit while I was ahead.
same here. I bought a few games from them but lately with all these delays, Im no longer preodering from them.

I'd rather take my chances and just wait till they release the games and buy them if available

Well... Maybe. A lot of the stuff they still haven;t shipped was supposed to ship in like 2019/2020. They have shipped some games in the past but so did Dispatch.

It is disappointing that they got Chained Echoes though. It looks great but I don't know if I want to wait three years for them to possibly get a standard edition together.
Dammit. I was wondering if someone was going to do this, but totally missed who it was.

LRG may lie to their customers, have some interesting accounting of time, and have some of the worst communication a small business could have, but they're not a scam regarding their products.

A few products have been below the bar, infamously, but 99.9% you get what you paid for.

Whether you think it's the pandemic or LRG's poor logistics regarding delivery schedules, probably a little of both, it's obvious they can't get it right despite years of products. Seems like no small vendor really gets it right. Rather, they should report long lead times and post updates on each games page so purchasers know what's up. Their lack of communication is just befuddling.

Discord, Twitter, or Facebook is not good messaging. It should be readily available on the place I bought it first.

That said, scam has legitimate connotation, such as Logan Paul scammed people with an NFT project, and I don't think it fits with LRG.

I'm glad Chained Echoes is getting a physical, truly deserves (playing now), and I may get a copy, but it's to support the devs more than LRG. If they had a little slider like Humble and allowed me to choose where my money would go, I'd 0% LRG, 100% devs.

Edit: I feel like they lost their vision long ago. Felt like Forever Physical was a goal to aid in game preservation and enjoy providing a niche service. Now it just defines the lifespan of the plastic garbage in all those CEs.

LRG may lie to their customers, have some interesting accounting of time, and have some of the worst communication a small business could have, but they're not a scam regarding their products.

A few products have been below the bar, infamously, but 99.9% you get what you paid for.
LMAO, I never thought I would say this but yeah, I agree with that about LRG

When it comes to this business, the bar is so low these days with all these companies that it makes LRG look like God-tier

Still no shipping notification from the New Years games in hand shipping asap sale for me...
Same, 2 switch games, no blind boxes. Their logistics is shit. They’re either not employing enough people or not paying enough, or both.

I would have hoped the embracer buyout would have improved with an influx of capitol but clearly it just resulted in Josh and Doug giving even less of a shit because they got their payday.

It's like the reverse nowadays. People would rather not have LRG get the rights to titles so somebody else more reliable can release it.
Honestly, as frustrating as it is with them, is there anyone out there more reliable aside from the major publishers? Strictly Limited seems to have issues lately, we’ve already talked about First Press and the like, even Nicalis seems to be bordering on unreliable and they’re the closest among the limited print companies to being a major publisher.

I think Super Rare seems to be keeping their customers pretty happy these days, we’ll as far delivery goes, the whole Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime LRG re-print seem to set off some people as well so…

Honestly, as frustrating as it is with them, is there anyone out there more reliable aside from the major publishers? Strictly Limited seems to have issues lately, we’ve already talked about First Press and the like, even Nicalis seems to be bordering on unreliable and they’re the closest among the limited print companies to being a major publisher.

I think Super Rare seems to be keeping their customers pretty happy these days, we’ll as far delivery goes, the whole Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime LRG re-print seem to set off some people as well so…
Super Rare has always been the best since they started from what I recall - with the rare exception of maybe a second batch coming later, they seem to take orders when they have product and ship almost immediately.

Speaking of re-prints - and I have to imagine this has been discussed already, but I must have missed it - did people know that there was an Ender Lilies reprint coming or that it was on the table? I sure didn't and paid Ebay prices for it right before that listing popped up for the reprint on Amazon. I guess when it comes to distro titles, even the ones that have a set pre-order period at one time are open game for a reprint.

Super Rare has always been the best since they started from what I recall - with the rare exception of maybe a second batch coming later, they seem to take orders when they have product and ship almost immediately.

Speaking of re-prints - and I have to imagine this has been discussed already, but I must have missed it - did people know that there was an Ender Lilies reprint coming or that it was on the table? I sure didn't and paid Ebay prices for it right before that listing popped up for the reprint on Amazon. I guess when it comes to distro titles, even the ones that have a set pre-order period at one time are open game for a reprint.
Super Rare also doesn't use an open preorder model, so the items are much harder to get if you don't order on day 1 for popular titles.

Say what you will about LRG, but the open pre-order model allows for many more people to get the game at MSRP. And you can't do open preorder with fast shipping unless you radically change the pricing and profit model.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that each model has pros and cons.

At the end of the day, I am a fan of the games, not the companies. I will pre-order a game I want regardless of the publisher.

That being said I buy most of my games at launch and at MSRP, so i don't fit the mold of a cheap ass gamer

Most of their distro titles are sold elsewhere. They're often coy about when/where it will be sold, though, presumably because they make better margins when you buy it directly and would prefer you purchase that way. But a lot of their pre-orders aren't hitting MOQ these days so they have to do something with those extra copies.

Super Rare also doesn't use an open preorder model, so the items are much harder to get if you don't order on day 1 for popular titles.

Say what you will about LRG, but the open pre-order model allows for many more people to get the game at MSRP. And you can't do open preorder with fast shipping unless you radically change the pricing and profit model.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that each model has pros and cons.

At the end of the day, I am a fan of the games, not the companies. I will pre-order a game I want regardless of the publisher.

That being said I buy most of my games at launch and at MSRP, so i don't fit the mold of a cheap ass gamer
The problem (well, one of them) is that LRG leans too heavily on the open pre-order model as a reason for long lead times. I think open pre-orders are a great idea, but it doesn't and shouldn't take a year for a game to be produced and shipped. Standard editions of their marquee titles (Scott Pilgrim, Shredder's Revenge, Streets of Rage 4) have been able to go out in 4-5 months, I assume because of the PR implications. But they've congested their own production, assembly, and shipping backlogs to the point where that won't happen unless a game is being given the fastlane treatment.

Most of their distro titles are sold elsewhere. They're often coy about when/where it will be sold, though, presumably because they make better margins when you buy it directly and would prefer you purchase that way. But a lot of their pre-orders aren't hitting MOQ these days so they have to do something with those extra copies.
I get that with some of their distro titles and it for sure usually the case now - many are clearly available at Amazon and LRG and they state it on their product page. "Ender Lilies" was released quite a while ago, went through it's limited pre-order period, shipped, went for inflated prices on Ebay due to the whole scarcity of it all, then - much later - popped up on Amazon.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not mad about it, I just don't recall this scenario happening that often (I don't remember a specific example period, I guess). I know something like "Streets of Rage 4" happened, but this is a LRG distro title distributed again by LRG themselves just without the "open pre-order" through their site for the second go-round. I wonder if there is anything differentiating this second batch from the first.

I don't think any promises were made regarding revisiting distro titles (I doubt it), so, again, it's not something that upsets me. I just didn't think it was a likely scenario until it popped up again.

I’ve known lrg since day one with breach and clear on vita. And up front I’ll be chastised for saying this in this thread:

LRG is a borderline scam company, similar to an mlm or even kickstarter. They take money up front and use that to create the product. They can at times hold your money for years and you may have no recourse.

I come back to the thread as I am a hardcore collector. I have sealed GameCube and original Xbox games that I never got to play over the years. I’ve been a member here on CAG for nearly 20 years. I only buy physical. And I read this thread in the hopes lrg goes legit. It seems they never do.
Appreciate your persepctive. I definitely wished I had looked more into the fine print and the ways they operate. I only got notice of the sale because I had signed up to be notified about a book that says "cominig soon". This has been a learning experience.

Although not a scam, their ability to deliver in a timely fashion is questionable

I get that with some of their distro titles and it for sure usually the case now - many are clearly available at Amazon and LRG and they state it on their product page. "Ender Lilies" was released quite a while ago, went through it's limited pre-order period, shipped, went for inflated prices on Ebay due to the whole scarcity of it all, then - much later - popped up on Amazon.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not mad about it, I just don't recall this scenario happening that often (I don't remember a specific example period, I guess). I know something like "Streets of Rage 4" happened, but this is a LRG distro title distributed again by LRG themselves just without the "open pre-order" through their site for the second go-round. I wonder if there is anything differentiating this second batch from the first.

I don't think any promises were made regarding revisiting distro titles (I doubt it), so, again, it's not something that upsets me. I just didn't think it was a likely scenario until it popped up again.
Largely, their distro line seems to have been a way to skirt commitments they made to their numbered releases. No reprints, frequency of releases on a platform, etc. I'm kind of surprised they didn't spin it off as a separate branch from LRG since it's essentially just a traditional publishing line at that point.

I do think reprints are fairly new and sporadic, though. Unpacking and Shredder's Revenge are also being actively reprinted but I can't say I've been keeping track of everything to know if there was something before then or if there are other ongoing reprints.

After shipping and taxes are accounted for, unless the game has a large file size, I'm apt to just wait till it goes on sale now, get it from another country eshop for a fraction of the cost and not bother with a physical edition that I may or may not get for years

The problem (well, one of them) is that LRG leans too heavily on the open pre-order model as a reason for long lead times. I think open pre-orders are a great idea, but it doesn't and shouldn't take a year for a game to be produced and shipped. Standard editions of their marquee titles (Scott Pilgrim, Shredder's Revenge, Streets of Rage 4) have been able to go out in 4-5 months, I assume because of the PR implications. But they've congested their own production, assembly, and shipping backlogs to the point where that won't happen unless a game is being given the fastlane treatment.
It is worth noting that the only one who can make switch carts is Nintendo. LRG works with Nintendo to manufacture switch carts and Nintendo works with whoever they work with. There is no one else who can make them.

LRG then contracts with manufacturers to make cases and manuals, then get them assembled and shipped.

Because only Nintendo makes the carts there is a part of the backlog that can never be managed around.

It is worth noting that the only one who can make switch carts is Nintendo. LRG works with Nintendo to manufacture switch carts and Nintendo works with whoever they work with. There is no one else who can make them.

LRG then contracts with manufacturers to make cases and manuals, then get them assembled and shipped.

Because only Nintendo makes the carts there is a part of the backlog that can never be managed around.
Nintendo doesn't take 12 months to provide carts, even factoring in assembly of carts plus cases at a partner facility (LRG uses Technicolor). Usually it's 2-4 months, and you can see this timeline in action with other companies and even some of LRG's marquee releases like Shredder's Revenge and Scott Pilgrim. A well-managed release can ship out in their advertised 4-6 month window. When they get a lot of PR for releases, they tend to fast-track them (presumably so that first-time customers have a positive experience and return).

Which tells me, in turn, that it's some kind of internal process or negligence extending the timelines - not getting pre-approval for assets, not ironing out contracts, having too much product or too few employees in the warehouse at once, or so on. If that's how they want to run things, that's fine (things still seem to be selling well enough, after all). But it feels disingenuous at that point for them to shirk blame by saying "that's just how open pre-orders work" or advertise 4-6 month delivery on their website that they have no intention of hitting.

All of this for standard releases, keep in mind - there are quite a few more factors at play for CEs since a lot of the components have to be independently designed, created, and many ship from overseas.

Same, 2 switch games, no blind boxes. Their logistics is shit. They’re either not employing enough people or not paying enough, or both.

I would have hoped the embracer buyout would have improved with an influx of capitol but clearly it just resulted in Josh and Doug giving even less of a shit because they got their payday.
I was worried about my blind boxes and this has been discussed before. The New Years Day sale items will be shipped end of Q1 (per email I received from LRG). So why don't we all reconvene in April and discuss how we got the worst games EVER? :argue: :beer: :whistle2:

They should have been more clear on the blowout sale. Unless I missed something, I recall the email saying items were in hand and would ship ASAP. I get it, that's fairly vague but 3 months isn't really ASAP in my opinion. Yes 3 months is lightning fast for LRG but that's nonsense to take that long to send stuff that's already been produced. BTW I am referring to non blind box items as I understand those take longer due to the boxes needing to be made.

I was worried about my blind boxes and this has been discussed before. The New Years Day sale items will be shipped end of Q1 (per email I received from LRG). So why don't we all reconvene in April and discuss how we got the worst games EVER? :argue: :beer: :whistle2:
They should have been more clear on the blowout sale. Unless I missed something, I recall the email saying items were in hand and would ship ASAP. I get it, that's fairly vague but 3 months isn't really ASAP in my opinion. Yes 3 months is lightning fast for LRG but that's nonsense to take that long to send stuff that's already been produced. BTW I am referring to non blind box items as I understand those take longer due to the boxes needing to be made.
They originally positioned the messaging that the blind boxes would take till the end of the quarter but everything else was in hand ready to ship “ASAP”

https://limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/next-monday-get-ready-for-the-blowout-event-of-the-year?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=campaign&_kx=DgE88OZPzMF9LlOik8uLoq1waWZorMqL_dWP8pl-PTM%3D.UsXyyC

“ BUT WHEN DO THE SALE ITEMS SHIP?

Most of our items will be dispatched from our warehouse ASAP. Because these items are left over from their original print runs, they are in hand and ready to go, with the exception of the blind boxes. Items chosen to go into blind boxes have been sent out to get dressed up in our all-new packaging, so there will be extra processing time for these items. However, we expect all of them to be shipped out by the end of Q1 2023.”

There’s been very few reports or posts of anyone getting their blowout sale stuff yet so it’s not like everyone complaining here just happens to be at the back of the line. It’s pretty clear at this point the in stock items won’t ship before the end of the quarter and it’ll probably new a few more months after that for blind boxes.

I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it, their logistics is complete garbage. I don’t know if they’re still trying to run their company with just one guy shipping with a temp agency but whatever it is they are doing, ain’t workin’.

Yeah it's not the end of the world or anything just kind of misleading. Ive waited over a year before so i can certainly wait 3 months. I just cant think of any other official business where its acceptable to wait 3 months to ship an instock item. That should raise tons of red flags about their shipping process so youd think a manager would be all over making an improvement. I want to like LRG, I've defended them quite a bit. I just wish they would make some much needed improvements. Also that auto-added shipping protection charge rubs me the wrong way for sure. I made a post about it a little while ago but never saw a reply from Doug. I still want to think that's a mistake but it really does feel intentional at this point.

From what I've seen their shipping speeds took a big noticeable drop at around the time that TMNT Shredder's Revenge showed up.  My thoughts is that between their normal release and their increased amount of distribution titles, including games like TMNT and Tetris which also got major retail distribution from them, they are just overloaded.  They could also be short staffed experiencing manpower issues that many places are having.  I think it is probably a bit of both things going on at once.

It's almost assuredly a volume issue. As of October 2019 they had over 100 items in the production/shipping queue. It's only continued to get worse, and there's no longer a good way to identify how many products are in the pipeline (their shipping updates page now only has a few rows of items). Last time anyone was able to count it was over 300.

Throwing a bunch of one-off orders from the blowout into an already backlogged queue only exacerbates the issue. It stinks for the people who ordered a game with an "ASAP" shipping estimate that's likely going to be a month plus and it sucks for the 18+ month old orders that are getting bumped back in the queue.

However, I don't really feel bad for LRG on this. It's the equivalent of throwing gas on a fire and being surprised that it spread. This outcome was entirely forseeable but they plodded on with the blowout and continue to churn out weekly releases nonetheless.

Yeah it's not the end of the world or anything just kind of misleading. Ive waited over a year before so i can certainly wait 3 months. I just cant think of any other official business where its acceptable to wait 3 months to ship an instock item. That should raise tons of red flags about their shipping process so youd think a manager would be all over making an improvement. I want to like LRG, I've defended them quite a bit. I just wish they would make some much needed improvements. Also that auto-added shipping protection charge rubs me the wrong way for sure. I made a post about it a little while ago but never saw a reply from Doug. I still want to think that's a mistake but it really does feel intentional at this point.
Yep, as much as I'll defend them as well, those are all pretty ridiculous.

Literally, what they "promise" is accurate, but they have to know when using a term like "ASAP" that anyone would think it's going to ship pretty quickly. But, that "P" means "possible" and for LRG that possibility is tied to their odd "shipping queue" logistics that hold game lots in an apparently unbreakable holding pattern. Once their team has committed to working through a release, it just can't be interrupted by someone placing an order for an in-stock item. Impossible!

I found that out the hard way when I waited a couple months to get an in-stock distro title. Cancellation wasn't possible, either! It was in the "queue". Once it's in a queue, there is no escape. And I think it sat in that queue for another 3-4 weeks. I ultimately got it and I honestly have no idea why I even cared - I've had it for I don't know how long and still haven't opened it, so.... I guess that's why I am never really bothered by any of LRG's shipping delays or long lead times. We were made for each other.

But, yeah, when I see an e-mail touting an ASAP shipping time, I can only laugh.

Logistics is hard, make no mistake, but having done this for years now, either hire an outside consultant who has experience in growing small to medium internet based systems or partner with a professional distribution agent.

No real excuse for it at this point; the timeliness of releases getting to LRG's warehouse is its own matter, but once product is in hand, reducing inventory on hand and handling times are both massive cost savings for a company. It's literally a win-win to improve your materials processing to get inventory off shelves and into the hands of happy customers.

Doug seemed like he wanted to express that they're improving, but all his responses were "talk the talk, but can't walk the wall." Still feels like the "My First Business" level of capabilities when they're trying to paint themselves as a premiere company defining their market sector.

And again, expending resources on opening a physical store (because they wanted to?) instead of investing that time and effort to correcting the in-house management issues is still incredibly dumb, no matter how much it makes the company owners have a warm fuzzy being game store owners now, too.

Doug didn't seem to quite process opportunity cost and ensuring your core business is ship shape before creating new ventures, but what do I know, I'm just some random internet dude with absolutely no background in large, market driven acquisitions involving both small, medium, and large (international) based businesses? (this is sarcasm)

They're lucky they have Gamers™ as their fanbase, as well as collectors and flippers (still?), a bunch of irrational , particularly whiny, but still subservient lot as their core customer base. As long as they don't commit any major sin (looking at you WotC!), their customer floor of people who will order just about anything (ex. Bill & Ted) is going to remain pretty high.

Logistics is hard, make no mistake, but having done this for years now, either hire an outside consultant who has experience in growing small to medium internet based systems or partner with a professional distribution agent.

No real excuse for it at this point; the timeliness of releases getting to LRG's warehouse is its own matter, but once product is in hand, reducing inventory on hand and handling times are both massive cost savings for a company. It's literally a win-win to improve your materials processing to get inventory off shelves and into the hands of happy customers.

Doug seemed like he wanted to express that they're improving, but all his responses were "talk the talk, but can't walk the wall." Still feels like the "My First Business" level of capabilities when they're trying to paint themselves as a premiere company defining their market sector.

And again, expending resources on opening a physical store (because they wanted to?) instead of investing that time and effort to correcting the in-house management issues is still incredibly dumb, no matter how much it makes the company owners have a warm fuzzy being game store owners now, too.

Doug didn't seem to quite process opportunity cost and ensuring your core business is ship shape before creating new ventures, but what do I know, I'm just some random internet dude with absolutely no background in large, market driven acquisitions involving both small, medium, and large (international) based businesses? (this is sarcasm)

They're lucky they have Gamers™ as their fanbase, as well as collectors and flippers (still?), a bunch of irrational , particularly whiny, but still subservient lot as their core customer base. As long as they don't commit any major sin (looking at you WotC!), their customer floor of people who will order just about anything (ex. Bill & Ted) is going to remain pretty high.
i like to believe that they HAVE TO improve now that Embracer bought them. I cannot imagine that this conversation did not happen between Embracer and LRG

"If we port a game, how long will it take you to manufacture and ship to retail?" -Embracer

"9-12 months" -LRG/Doug/Josh

"WTF???!!! That long? Why?" -Embracer

"reasons...." -LRG/Doug/Josh

"THATS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Either improve or tell us what can be done to ship out games faster" -Embracer

Thats what i like to believe happened. I know its wishful thinking lol but it must have passed through Embracers mind when thinking of acquiring LRG to help distribute their games, no?

i like to believe that they HAVE TO improve now that Embracer bought them. I cannot imagine that this conversation did not happen between Embracer and LRG

"If we port a game, how long will it take you to manufacture and ship to retail?" -Embracer

"9-12 months" -LRG/Doug/Josh

"WTF???!!! That long? Why?" -Embracer

"reasons...." -LRG/Doug/Josh

"THATS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Either improve or tell us what can be done to ship out games faster" -Embracer

Thats what i like to believe happened. I know its wishful thinking lol but it must have passed through Embracers mind when thinking of acquiring LRG to help distribute their games, no?
I think you should read up on what Embracer is and how it grew. The guy running it is basically a video game and comic fan who turned a mail order business selling used comics and games into a multi-billion dollar set of acquisitions. While I think it would make a lot of sense to outsource fulfillment, I get the sense that Embracer is not the kind of company that imposes a lot of typical business efficiency practices on its acquired companies. As such, I suspect that not a lot about LRG is going to change post-acquisition for better or for worse.

I may not have the background you seem to but as I heard a comedian say once, “I don’t need to be a pilot to know something is going wrong when a helicopter is in a tree”

I would be absolutely fascinated to see their warehouse. I mean, they’ve got literally thousands of skus going at this point and products waiting to be shipped on different timetables, it’s got to be an absolute mess.

Just got notification that both of my New Years orders got shipped. I was one of the lucky few who got the Jax 1 & 2 CEs.

Count me in for a classic edition of Powerslave. Big fan of those longboxes

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1616495636597329923?s=20&t=421tvtfuYv4Ddc8A3UTD_w[/size]
For some dumb reason I thought the digital version never came out, but it did last year. Steam wishlisted!

Oddly this is yet another game with xbox listed at LRG3 but not releasing on it now. Those numbers for xbox skus from the site’s javascript were *really bad* outside of Turtles and RCG2, so I wonder if they’re only putting out big name names now, like monkey island. That or they are waiting for earlier xbox titles to get in hand first…

bread's done
Back