Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evilsuperman33']We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous.[/QUOTE]

Source? Linky?

[quote name='paddlefoot']That doesn't make much sense. Didn't Sony stop producing the original LPB upon the GOTY edition's release?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they discontinued the original. I've heard no mention of that and it's still widely available everywhere. A lot of games have a GOTY edition and a regular edition selling side by side though. Fallout 3 and Oblivion for instance.

You'd save a lot of money by buying the GH version, getting a blank case of your choosing (Blockbuster and Gamestop just give 'em away, usually), and then printing off the cover of your choosing using thecoverproject or any similar site of your choosing.

Just sayin'.

[quote name='the7k']You'd save a lot of money by buying the GH version, getting a blank case of your choosing (Blockbuster and Gamestop just give 'em away, usually), and then printing off the cover of your choosing using thecoverproject or any similar site of your choosing.

Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

I can never find the right paper, I try a custom cover paper felt weird.

[quote name='sabanoo']
It bothers me more when they don't match (e.g. normal case and GH disc).[/QUOTE]

Same. I have a fair number of various GH versions of games across probably 8 systems but in (I think), every case the disc matches the case.

I'm off to sort my urine jars.

If given the choice I would grab the regular version, however if the GH is cheaper than I would go for GH.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just be glad it doesn't look like this:

701866-rfomplat_super.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Actually I'd prefer that over the red case.

[quote name='hqn101']I already hate the 360 platinum hits cases, and with the PS3 red ugly boxes its just terrible for my collection, good thing I already got these games.[/QUOTE]I think the new Xbox 360 Platinum Hits case is much better on the eyes.

[quote name='Virsago']They need to make Heavenly Sword a GH, so it can drop below $20.
It's 36.99 at amazon now, it needs to go way lower.[/QUOTE]

I've seen it at Wal-mart for $19.96.

[quote name='MSI Magus']They are indeed horrible, however that does not mean your stuck buying them when they come around. Honestly its usually intially still far easier to find a non GH copy then GH copy on the used market. Its not till years later that GH becomes the minority and costs you more.[/QUOTE]

huh? i've -never- seen a GH version worth more than black label, ever. even 'years later'. In fact, years later the BL goes up in value. unless you just reversed everything by accident?

I'll probably eventually pick up Infamous when it becomes lower than $30 or in a good sale. You sort of have to wonder why Sony stopped just repackaging the regular copies of their games and putting the Greatest Hits label on as a packaging sticker. My copy of Ratchet and Clank Future: TOD was like this and I believe Metal Gear Solid 4 was like this for a time.

One interesting thing about these new Greatest Hits is that they will have the new PS3 label while the black labels won't. My copy of Uncharted 1 is like this, came with the dualshock bundle, so I'd expect this will carry over.

Prob.all red cases. Whatever.. All Sony titles. Doesnt suprise me Sony is going to milk the titles as long as they can. I noticed the bioshocks on the shelves now are all like plastic wrapped and no y folds. Kinda garbage if you ask me. The can at least y fold them instead of it looking like somebody is sealing them in there basement.

[quote name='affa']huh? i've -never- seen a GH version worth more than black label, ever. even 'years later'. In fact, years later the BL goes up in value. unless you just reversed everything by accident?[/QUOTE]

He meant the black label

[quote name='affa']huh? i've -never- seen a GH version worth more than black label, ever. even 'years later'. In fact, years later the BL goes up in value. unless you just reversed everything by accident?[/QUOTE]

Actually, Greatest Hits are more sought after and worth more if they contain bonus content

It'd be nice if all GH games received mandatory trophy updates (of course, the titles in this thread already shipped with trophies).

Still, with talk of Heavenly Sword possibly being one, and other games like MGS4 and NGS, it'd be nice.

For some reason I don't mind the red cases, but I HATE the grey ones on the 360. I only a couple on each anyways (Dead Space & ME on 360, Uncharted on PS3). I will try and get LBP and Infamous in the non-red case once this is official first. But if I can get em for $20 or less in the red, its all good.

[quote name='evilsuperman33']The shipping date shows 4/1 so probably the first week of april.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP.

Hmm.. Now when does that Best Buy coupon expire. I'd bet right after this price drop. It seems often that BB know of this and does the coupon to almost reflect the new price.

[quote name='hqn101']I can never find the right paper, I try a custom cover paper felt weird.[/QUOTE]

Use glossy print paper. I use Kodak Gloss Photo Paper - it looks great.

Its not a rumor price drop dude, I have the paper showing all the release dates and it doesn't say one way or another if its GOTY or not! I'll check into that when i go into work tonight because I'll cross reference to see what it is. I won't be home til 2am but i'll definitely let ya'll know which one it is.

They are greatest hits because tons of people bought them. I got all 3 new when they released. Great games, all 3, no excuse for anyone to not own LBP now. Game truly is some of the most fun you can have with the PS3.

[quote name='sadunk']If it happens before April 4th, you can get Infamous for another $10 off at BB with coupon.[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on this coupon? I would love to get Infamous for 20$ in a couple weeks!

Sweet, I was thinking about getting LBP but the GOTY is still $60 MSRP right now. I'm sure the GH version will have the GOTY content, it seems obvious.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Name one.[/QUOTE]

the greatest hits version of midnight club: los angeles comes with extra content and all the DLC for the game.
that's the only greatest hits game that comes to mind right now that has extra content.

Only few games i wanted on PS3
1. Uncharted 2
2. Killzone 2
3. Katamari Forever
4. Heavy Rain
5. Yakuza 3
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
8. LittleBig Planet GOTY

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Name one.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget back on PS2 Silent Hill 2's greatest hit had the extra scenario from the XBOX only version.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Could you elaborate on this coupon? I would love to get Infamous for 20$ in a couple weeks![/QUOTE]

Best Buy Gamer Zone puts out coupons for games. they have a current coupon for 410 off infamous coupon. Log in to Best Buy's reward zone website. Then on the right menu select gamers club/zone. Then select special offers. There is a link to a $10 coupon.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Only few games i wanted on PS3
1. Uncharted 2
2. Killzone 2
3. Katamari Forever
4. Heavy Rain
5. Yakuza 3
6. White Knight Chronicles
7. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
8. LittleBig Planet GOTY[/QUOTE]

No MGS4, God Of War III, Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Infamous, Wipeout, Warhawk, or the first Uncharted?
...god damn we had some great games come out in the last 3 years.

[quote name='KneeKnee']They are greatest hits because tons of people bought them. I got all 3 new when they released. Great games, all 3, no excuse for anyone to not own LBP now. Game truly is some of the most fun you can have with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that, game is not for everyone for me was kinda but gets old especially since there are only a few very good user created levels

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I wouldn't say that, game is not for everyone for me was kinda but gets old especially since there are only a few very good user created levels[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I personally don't get it as much as most people do. I SUCK at creating levels, and I didn't have that much fun playing.
If they fixed the physics...made it feel like a real platformer, and had real enemy AI (like evil sackboys), then this game would be perfect.

Whoa, that GH logo is mad ugly.

Anyway, I'd maybe jump on infamous just to get the trophies I didn't pick up on my first go.

bread's done
Back