Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mywhitenoise']Name one.[/QUOTE]

How's about you check the PS2 GH list that yours truly maintains in this very forum, lotsa games with additional content in there.

[quote name='KneeKnee']They are greatest hits because tons of people bought them. I got all 3 new when they released. Great games, all 3, no excuse for anyone to not own LBP now. Game truly is some of the most fun you can have with the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Only if you have friends to play it with. Game sucks hard when you play it alone. But when you do you three other friends, I agree: awesome multiplayer experience.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Only if you have friends to play it with. Game sucks hard when you play it alone. But when you do you three other friends, I agree: awesome multiplayer experience.[/QUOTE]And this is where the online feature comes into play. Play the levels online and people will join you.

Now I just have to wait to see when Amazon adjusts their prices for Resistance 2 and Killzone 2. Hopefully it'll be right on the first, and no foolin'.

[quote name='robodaddyo']And this is where the online feature comes into play. Play the levels online and people will join you.[/QUOTE]
People generally lack a mic and it's a lot less fun playing with people you don't know. Just my 2c

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Only if you have friends to play it with. Game sucks hard when you play it alone. But when you do you three other friends, I agree: awesome multiplayer experience.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. LBP is one of the best platformers in years with some really clever design that you'll probably miss if playing with friends. It's also balls hard in places, a refreshing change of pace from the too-easy-for-a-baby difficulty that the mainline Mario games have adopted.

So people are guessing that LBP: GoTY will be Greatest Hits?

Wow, that is a massive discount if true. Is the game not selling anymore or what to warrant a drop? I believe it was out only a few months ago.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']So people are guessing that LBP: GoTY will be Greatest Hits?[/QUOTE]I suspect it will be the original version that gets added.

[quote name='CaoPi']6 pages of people getting excited over 3 new GH titles? what's the big deal here?[/QUOTE]

Finding deals on first-party games has proven to be difficult on the PS3, so any addition to the GH line is welcome news!

[quote name='hpv']Couldn't disagree more. LBP is one of the best platformers in years with some really clever design that you'll probably miss if playing with friends. It's also balls hard in places, a refreshing change of pace from the too-easy-for-a-baby difficulty that the mainline Mario games have adopted.[/QUOTE]
Lulz.

What effect will this have on pricing? Will we see sites offering games like Infamous for ~$22 (like gohastings) lowering it into the mid teens?

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Lulz.

What effect will this have on pricing? Will we see sites offering games like Infamous for ~$22 (like gohastings) lowering it into the mid teens?[/QUOTE]

That'd be a hell of a deal for one of last year's best games.

[quote name='hpv']That'd be a hell of a deal for one of last year's best games.[/QUOTE]

For inFAMOUS? I'm not sure where all this love for this game comes from... I found it to be slightly above avg at best. (It might break the top 20.)

Edit: Granted, at that price its a good game... I just wish I hadn't paid anywhere close to full price on it.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I suspect it will be the original version that gets added.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it will. The game was released in 2008. Sony seems to leave games for 2 years before they bother with GH, especially 1st party.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I don't know if this has been reported yet, but yesterday I saw Resident Evil 5 in a greatest hits box.[/QUOTE]

It's something I mentioned on page 2 or 3, FYI, thanks for mentioning it again though as most people glossed over it, I guess or just weren't interested, I dunno.

I remember the regular version of LBP dropping to $30 once the GOTY edition was released.

I gave my brother my copy of LBP and have been having trouble since then trying to find a new copy for

[quote name='CaoPi']6 pages of people getting excited over 3 new GH titles? what's the big deal here?[/QUOTE]
On the PS3 its a very big deal. As soon as I got my PS3 (after years of having a 360), I said OK, now where are all the great cheap exclusives. There aren't any (or at least many). Oh snap!

[quote name='def PD']I remember the regular version of LBP dropping to $30 once the GOTY edition was released.

I gave my brother my copy of LBP and have been having trouble since then trying to find a new copy for

[quote name='evilsuperman33']I did cross reference checks on the greatest hits game and it shows that the Goty LBP is indeed the greatest hits.[/QUOTE]

If this is indeed true, then I'll be picking this up.

Midnight Club Los Angeles... now has all of the south central cars and maps included so better buy and greatest hit

Hm, all 3 are games I want to get, but have been waiting for the price to go down. LPB is cheap enough...assuming it's not the GoTY edition. I'm really hoping that the GH LPB is the GOTY edition, it would be pretty stupid otherwise if you ask me. Anyway, these becoming GH will make their likely sale prices even more tantalizing.

[quote name='hellhunde']GH are $30 or $20 normally?[/QUOTE]

$30 but sometimes you get them on sale for $20 or even $10

Silent Hill 2, Midnight Club: LA, Forza 2, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Tony Hawk's Project 8, Perfect Dark Zero... need I say more? All are worth more money as Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits because of their added content.

I was already planning to pick up Killzone and Infamous during the next B2G1 gamestop sale. I've been wanting to play through each again. Price-drops should make this a whole lot nicer. =)

[quote name='kurrptsenate']more of a collectors thing

not like you couldnt get an extra clear case and swap it[/QUOTE]

Unless the cover sheet is printed with the red bar--then no case will hide it.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I really hope it is LBP GOTY...[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely. Why would they have the regular and GotY editions at the same price when the latter offers more? Expect the original to drop.

Keep in mind that they recalled the original LBP retail package for the GOTY edition since they had the same product ID (Or something like that). I'm guessing this will be the GOTY edition.

If anyone wants Infamous for $20 shipped black label, I have one on my list. ;)

[quote name='Richlough']There will be new PS3 bundles in May, that's why they are so hard to find now .

Sony is throttling their shipments .[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna replace my 500gb motorstorm edition then. I wanna get rid of it before i end up with the ylod. Plus, i never use the bc.

[quote name='Richlough']There will be new PS3 bundles in May, that's why they are so hard to find now .

Sony is throttling their shipments .[/QUOTE]
BUT IT ALREADY DOES EVERYTHING, INCLUDING SHORTAGES!

well, what else can it possible do?

bread's done
Back