Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you on the fence about resistance 2, I bougt the game at full price & never looked back. It's single player was pretty awesome in that it was a fps with actual boss battles, it had competitive multiplayer which was fairly deep, & probably my favorite thing about resistance 2 was the coop multiplayer.

[quote name='powersofi']Any opinions on Killzone 2? That's the only one I don't have. Infamous is a must-buy if you haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Um , Halo killer, hello ?

[quote name='powersofi']Any opinions on Killzone 2? That's the only one I don't have. Infamous is a must-buy if you haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

I had a question about infamous. I just played the demo and it was awesome but the game seriously needs some AA, is this somewhat better in the real game?

I like it, but some people don't. There is a demo up on PSN that gives you a really good idea of what the single player is like. There might even be a multi-player demo... but I'm not 100% sure on that.

IMO it's definitely worth $30.
[quote name='Mikocouch']I had a question about infamous. I just played the demo and it was awesome but the game seriously needs some AA, is this somewhat better in the real game?[/QUOTE]
You won't buy it because of some AA...? What the game really needs anyways is better animation.

Oh so it is LBP GOTY that's going GH. Earlier posts in this thread confused me by saying it wouldn't be. Oh well, no harm done and great news.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Most of these can be found at the $30 price mark or cheaper on the 'net.[/QUOTE]

Point me to the direction for Little Big Planet GOTY edition for 30 bucks.

[quote name='maximus101']Point me to the direction for Little Big Planet GOTY edition for 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I found the lack of sources or links particularly hilarious.

Definitely gonna pick up LBP. I'm gonna wait on inFAMOUS. I have a feeling it'll keep dropping. I hear LBP is actually hard to stick with, even tho it has so much playability, but I'm still gonna get it.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']

You won't buy it because of some AA...? What the game really needs anyways is better animation.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying i wouldn't buy it because of the lack of AA, I was just wondering if it is better in the actual game.

I just noticed the GH boxart for inFAMOUS has the evil version of the main character, what's his name, Cole?

[quote name='Guy Legend']Nice, finally.

Resistance 2's msrp is still $60....a game that launched at the same time as Gears 2. Wtf Sony.[/QUOTE]

Really? I should sell mine lol. I loved the first one but I couldn't even get halfway through the 2nd.

I just tried playing it yesterday, not too used to controls. I don't know how I got so used to it before. Played 57 hours online on it also haha.

Try the demo on the store, change your sensitivity and such and see if you like it. For me, it's worth the buy.

[quote name='hqn101']That means you can grab Infamous at Best Buy for $20 with RZ coupon.[/QUOTE]

Only if BB drop their retail price. It's YMMV if they will price match and do the coupon.

I'm going to wait until newegg updates the infamous price. I have to pay tax on amazon, and newegg probably will have the price down a couple dollars or so.

[quote name='Link127']infamous price updated on Amazon

still waiting for LBP & Killzone[/QUOTE]

LBP GOTY is $30 at Walmart

Thanks for the feedback on Killzone. I haven't been able to get used to playing FPS' on console yet really, I mainly play FPS' on PC so the keyboard plus mouse thing is ingrained in my mind. I'm gonna check out the demo though. It sounds like one of the best/most accessible FPS' out therefor PS3. I didn't like the demo of Resistance 2 I played a while back.

KZ2 is a fantastic game, but it seriously feels like the controls have a heavy dose of mouse smoothing on, which paired with analog sticks is just disgusting. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about on PC. Mouse smoothing creates a very annoying smallish delay. Well Guerilla games thought they'd add a weighty feel to the game and it just throws you off real bad.

Idk, I couldn't play the game after awhile. The weighty delay just pissed me off. The high sensitivity they added in later helped, but it was still there.

Just a forewarning to anyone used to PC shooters.

Word to the wise about KZ2 - the SP is very cheap. All kinds of deaths that you have to go through in order to learn the 'trick'. I know most people are into it for MP, but I don't play online at all and found the game to be extremely disappointing. It's the only game I've started and haven't finished in the past couple of years.

I begrudgingly went WM today to grab LBP. In store price was $60. I showed them wm.com on my iPhone and they refused to PM it, saying walmart.com is not walmart. I laughed at the clerk and said I would gladly go to BB to purchase it and they will price match walmart. They did, and I bought two at BB.

I think instore walmarts will have it at the price tomorrow or so. I was at walmart today and checked for the hell of it. They had LBP, KZ2, R2 and infamous all next to each other. But not at GH prices. Only a matter of time.

Might give LBP a shot for the third time. First time I tried playing it off and on on my brother's PS3 and just couldn't get into it. A few months ago I got the GotY edition and still couldn't get into it. fuck it, I may just say it's not for me and stop trying to force myself to get into it.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']KZ2 is a fantastic game, but it seriously feels like the controls have a heavy dose of mouse smoothing on, which paired with analog sticks is just disgusting. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about on PC. Mouse smoothing creates a very annoying smallish delay. Well Guerilla games thought they'd add a weighty feel to the game and it just throws you off real bad.

Idk, I couldn't play the game after awhile. The weighty delay just pissed me off. The high sensitivity they added in later helped, but it was still there.

Just a forewarning to anyone used to PC shooters.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Whereas CoD feels almost too fluid due to the 60fps and animations (this is a good thing, though) KZ2 always felt unnecessarily heavy control-wise. It's a shame, too because the game is gorgeous to look at it. I still play it from time to time, but feel like I'd play it more often if the guns didn't "feel" so heavy.

[quote name='Romeo']I begrudgingly went WM today to grab LBP. In store price was $60. I showed them wm.com on my iPhone and they refused to PM it, saying walmart.com is not walmart. I laughed at the clerk and said I would gladly go to BB to purchase it and they will price match walmart. They did, and I bought two at BB.[/QUOTE]

Walmart clerks have it bad enough with you giving them a hard time for following a rule that's been around for years. B&M doesn't pm dot com. It can be annoying, but that's reality. No point in being snide about it.

Will definitely pick up LittleBigPlanet GOTY. I've been dying to play it recently and kicking myself for selling it way back when.

Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are some pretty great shooters in my opinion.

If only my little brother hadnt convinced me to get him LBP a few months back. I couldve saved 20$, easily enough for another game or atleast almost another one.

But anyone who doesnt own either LBP, Killzone 2, or Resistance 2 should definitely do so after they become greatest hits. Infamous is extremely fun as well, but for some reason I can imagine that dropping lower than 30 in due time,

[quote name='Romeo']I begrudgingly went WM today to grab LBP. In store price was $60. I showed them wm.com on my iPhone and they refused to PM it, saying walmart.com is not walmart. I laughed at the clerk and said I would gladly go to BB to purchase it and they will price match walmart. They did, and I bought two at BB.[/QUOTE]

1. no one in walmart actually cares/worries when you say " I am going to a different store". They think "ok see ya. we will survive just fine without you and you'll most likely be back anyway".

2. I guess you didn't notice this part from Walmart.com: "Due to differences in distribution, regional competition and other factors, online prices do not always match store prices, and prices may also vary between stores.

Prices shown on Walmart.com are online prices only. Walmart stores do not honor or match prices from Walmart.com, other online sellers or advertisements outside of a store's local trade territory."

So yeah actually they were right and you looked kinda stupid

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ChestyMan']
So yeah actually they were right and you looked kinda stupid[/QUOTE]

Just because it's policy doesn't make it a good business decision.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I need me some LBP GOTY! Any news if Best Buy dropped the price yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't know how accurate the website is, but the website shows the original prices for LBP, Killzone 2, and Infamous.

So glad I didn't buy LBP a few weeks back for $50.

Might get all three if I can fin them on sale. Does LPB come with the GOTY stuff, or just the game?

If bestbuy drops the prices soon, Infamous would be a decent deal since you should be able to get $10 more off with the reward zone coupon. I think the coupon is good till April 4th

I just PM'ed over at Best Buy with the WalMart print out.

So anyone not wanting to wait until tomorrow or wants the black label easy PM

Aw man, that means now I gotta buy three games (Resistance 2, Killzone 2, God of War Collection) before the red cases take over the shelves. Was hoping for a better deal on God of War Collection but I value the black label.

Can someone confirm that Best Buy or Gamestop has LBP: GOTY at 29.99?

I need to score a LBP before the red labels infect the supply

Does anyone know if SONY adds bonus content and/or patches to their Greatest Hits titles? If they don't, then I'll pick up games in the original cases.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Can someone confirm that Best Buy or Gamestop has LBP: GOTY at 29.99?

I need to score a LBP before the red labels infect the supply[/QUOTE]
Yeah I want to know if the price drops today or tomorrow.

Or if I can find a store that will price match today with the walmart webpage.

bread's done
Back