Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous - New PS3 Greatest Hits

evilsuperman33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
We're gonna be getting at least three games for the ps3 greatest hits catalog. I looked at the release list and saw Little Big Planet and Killzone 2 and Infamous. I have the scanned copy so i can show proof but also Resistance 2 is on that list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to know if the GH of LBP: GOTY has additional content, like the Pirates of the Carribean stuff that came out right after it. If it does, I'll kindly buy red.

[quote name='TheHelix']Would be nice if Amazon would price match Walmart.com.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm waiting for this too. I would much rather order from Amazon to save tax and a trip to the store. Yeah there is Site-to-Store but that takes forever and you still pay tax.

I want LBP, Resistance 2, and Infamous. So far the only matched Infamous. Already have Killzone 2. Played through the whole campaign and can't recommend it enough. Infact, I couldn't stop playing until I beat it.

Now I can buy Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet. I should of bought Dead Space months ago since it was 20 bucks.

[quote name='PrivatePixel']Does anyone know if SONY adds bonus content and/or patches to their Greatest Hits titles? If they don't, then I'll pick up games in the original cases.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, if the PS2 GH collection is any indication it's a crap shoot if they did or not, out of the almost 300 PS2 GH games about 15-20 or so have additional content as GH games, and are like version 1.1 or something sometimes. But I can't confirm it one way or another.

Also didn't know if the official listing of new GH games was posted or not if not here they are.

Edit:(saw Rirse posted this a page back, no biggie since I included which ones were actually added)

From the blog....

The newest additions to the “Greatest Hits” library include:

With nearly 40 “Greatest Hits” titles for you to choose from, you can pick up that AAA game you’ve had your eye on. Enjoy!

Link found here.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/01/new-ps3-greatest-hits-titles-available-now/

So they added quite a few more than expected. I'm just surprised they announced this before E3 with how many pretty big names they have on the list.

walmart has already adjusted

little big planet goty sold out online already
infamous
killzone 2

resistance 2 still not adjusted

I was going to head out to walmart to pick up infamous, but I decided to save some money and I'm getting it from goozex. Should start getting back into gooz trading anyway.

[quote name='killer9']walmart has already adjusted

little big planet goty sold out online already
infamous
killzone 2

resistance 2 still not adjusted[/QUOTE]
Walmart adjusted in store or just online? Cause I really only just want LBP but I can't find a B&M store that has the adjusted prices.

Amazon

has Infamous at $30

Kill Zone 2 is shown in greatest hits box, but still is $50

LBP GOTY is regular box still at $58

[quote name='jaredhenry13']Walmart adjusted in store or just online? Cause I really only just want LBP but I can't find a B&M store that has the adjusted prices.[/QUOTE]

online dont know if walmart b&m has adjusted yet

[quote name='h3ro']
f3ckqs.jpg

LBP GOTY edition confirmed. :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Has anybody actually found them at this price?[/QUOTE]

im guessing this is walmarts sunday ad so maybe sunday

Wasn't Soul Calibur IV already a Greatest Hits? My local Walmart has had copies of SCIV in red boxes for $20 for ages now.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Has anybody actually found them at this price?[/QUOTE]
Walmart.com has them, though not all are in stock. I ordered KZ2 and will grab LBP GOTY very soon.

This is a definite price drop as the Sony RLS site shows this as GH and the points value have been dropped to accommodate it. Let's just hope the ugly red cases don't ship for awhile.

can somebody post a printable ad for this...I am looking for an ad to PM with best buy tomorrow...Is it in this weeks walmart ad???

Taken from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/01/new-ps3-greatest-hits-titles-available-now/

I will wait until the Sunday ad. I think the BB coupon is good through the 4th and that is likely my only shot at $20 without a sale.

[quote name='EvilIA']I will wait until the Sunday ad. I think the BB coupon is good through the 4th and that is likely my only shot at $20 without a sale.[/QUOTE]

I was also waiting on that possibility, though FYI the BB ad thread for next week is up and nobody mentioned any GH games.

In the last few days, I think I've seen LBP GOTY jump from $53 to $58 right now on Amazon. Guess they're really trying to milk that price before the GH shows up.

[quote name='Byakurai']Taken from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/01/new-ps3-greatest-hits-titles-available-now/

[/QUOTE]

I posted the exact same thing one page back... (shows how much people take time to look over a thread) ;)

No biggie, the link by itself was posted on pg 12 and I missed it too, but I added the list of new games like you did as well.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Anyone know if these prices are at all stores after friday? Im pretty nooby at GH stuff lol.[/QUOTE]

If we knew, it'd be in here. A lot of us are chomping at the bit for LBP.

I visited 3 Manhattan BB's and none of them have this in stock. I looked in two Gamestops and no joy. I asked one Gamestop clerk and they confirmed that these were coming "sometime next week".

Amazon right now has LBP: GOTY for $31.80. They now include a disclaimer "This game has recently become part of the "Greatest Hits" program and the packaging has been updated. You may receive the standard or greatest hits version of the game; while packaging may vary, the game content is the same."

I went to Poway Target and they had LBP goty for full price. I know their price matching policy doesn't include online websites, so I didn't bother to ask. Then I went to the Carmel Mtn Rd Best Buy and they didn't have any copies. Finally, I went to the Mira Mesa location and they were able to price match it for me, so it came out to 32 something after tax. Best of all, I got a non GH edition so I guess it's good for aesthetics or reselling if I decide to do so. This was also the first time I ever priced match anything, so I'm not sure what I did was a big YMMV or standard Best Buy PM policy, but it feels pretty good to score a good deal this way.

*slaps next poster*

[quote name='ScubaKev']Amazon right now has LBP: GOTY for $31.80. They now include a disclaimer "This game has recently become part of the "Greatest Hits" program and the packaging has been updated. You may receive the standard or greatest hits version of the game; while packaging may vary, the game content is the same."[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

I think I'm just gonna look around some stores tomorrow and see if they have the black label LBP GOTY's for 30 instead of running the risk of getting a GH from Amazon.

The only one I'm considering is Resistance 2, and I've never beaten Resistance 1. Besides FNR4, I have all of those.

[quote name='KingBroly']The only one I'm considering is Resistance 2, and I've never beaten Resistance 1. Besides FNR4, I have all of those.[/QUOTE]

Resistance 2 is solid. I recommend it.

The final cut scene was pretty intense

Just got back from bestbuy and they were able to price match walmart. I also just saw that amazon has it for $31 dollars. Oh well, at least I got a black label copy. That's the only thing that matters... I guess.

if you order now, you should grab a normal copy.

but really, Red Cases ftw. :roll:
wish they were blue.

BLACK AND BLUE ! :hot::cold:

I wouldn't say anything is guaranteed until a store plasters the new price all over an ad. But it wouldn't hurt to check tomorrow, anyway.

[quote name='TheHelix']Anyone visit a B&M Walmart to confirm? I was gonna go but I didn't have the gas to make it there.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually gonna go to Best Buy, Toys R Us and Walmart right now. These stores are all across from one another at some plaza out here. Hoping to find these games for $29.99. Wish me luck.

[quote name='thesis88']I'm actually gonna go to Best Buy, Toys R Us and Walmart right now. These stores are all across from one another at some plaza out here. Hoping to find these games for $29.99. Wish me luck.[/QUOTE]Yeah. Please report back if any of the B&M stores have them for $30.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Best buy price matches online deals? wtf[/QUOTE]If they do I know where I'm going tomorrow. Even though Best Buy is like 30 minutes away.

bread's done
Back