Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

Gamepro site is updated, contest page up within the hour, registered members only.

I would also like to say that Gamepro's site is the most popularized one so far; odds of getting a code are slim because they only have 1250 and have plugged this for almost a week.

Don't worry!

The Gamepro contest is -NOT- first come first serve.

Here's their last update;

UPDATE 2: Still working on the problem here (we apologize for the delay!), and we hope to have the contest up and running soon. The contest is not first come, first serve, so please refrain from mashing the Refresh button--it won't help you win a beta code.
NOTE: GamePro.com is the ONLY place you can register for entry into the LittleBigPlanet beta. Registering on BlogFaction sites (incuding GamePro Arcade and GameGirl) won't register you as a GamePro.com user (due to technical limitations). If you want to win a beta code, be sure to sign up on GamePro.com only. Any registration errors will be fixed today, and you'll have plenty of time to enter today to win. Thanks again for your patience.

I tried to register yesterday (gamepro) but the captcha was so screwed I coulding tell what the letters/numbers were. It even had symbols??? So now I tried to register and no dice. I guess I'm going to wait for the other sites to update and give up on gamepro

Jeesh, people REALLY want LBP. This is a huge exclusive for PS3.

(yea cannot do anything on gamepro...) Sucks that it is not first come first serve, now we are gonna have to wait like a week for them to sort out the winners... I WANT IT NOW!

Any word on other sites, supposedly every major site should be getting them and putting them up soon. They should have sent cheapy some codes to give away, he has been talking the game up for a long time now.

I haven't checked out Gametrailers, nor will I. 1up is supposed to go out at 6pm est from what I've heard. Gamespot's shit might not be first come, first serve after all and they just closed their shit today (morons).

Also, I'm going to get a new router. 192.168.2.X is bullshit, and it's not applicable for gaming (I ain't doing NAT3, even port trigger won't work because it's .2.X), so...I may not be able to download the beta even if I get a code.

I read earlier (I forget where now) that a gamespot employee posted on their forum that all the email addresses were collected for the contest and emails would be sent out later on.

I'm going to head off to class now, but if 1up is really starting at 3pst then I am screwed, unless it too isn't first come first serve. Oh well, gamespot, gamepro and ign are my backups.

192.168.2.* has nothing to do with NAT3 or port triggering you should be able to change that in your router settings, like I changed mine to 192.168.3.* and everything works fine.

IGN updated their beta key giveaway post.

[quote name='IGN']
UPDATED (9/29/08 @ 11 A.M.): Whew -- we're done taking submissions. Thanks for the overwhelming number of submissions, folks. We're going through the e-mails now and will be sending out the codes as we can over the next few days. If you got something in before now, watch your inbox.[/quote]

[quote name='imascrub']IGN updated their beta key giveaway post.[/quote]

This was for the "send us your level idea" thing right? If so, there's still hope for me I guess.

I think they're being very subjective about it (IGN) while the other sites have no idea what to do (Gamespot).

bread's done
Back