Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']A sackboy plushie would seal the deal for me hehe.[/quote]
QFMFT ... I REALLY hope they bring out the plushies along side this game.

I'm hoping Hastings will get the Kratos..but im pretty sure its going to go to Gamestop. Only reason i brought up Hastings is because in the town I live there are no GS, just walmart and Hastings. So I'm pretty much screwed, but dammit i want that kratos.

I just watched the gametrailers video in the link that's in the OP. I'm really impressed with what I saw. I know absolutely nothing about this game, but I am incredibly excited for it to come out now.

so appareantly you'll only be able to import ur own content with the PS eye

Question:

Will I be able to import my cat pics into my created levels?

biggrin.gif

Response:

yes you will! (If you have a PS Eye that is.)

you mean an exclusive in game commercial... (ref amazon)

That trailer does address a concern that I had about little big Planet, it shows that the level isn't just straight across, and there seems to be the ability to have some verticle type levels. At least there's the ability to add verticle parts to a level.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ahadi']I love the music in the Amazon trailer. Is that what the in game music will be like?[/quote]

yes, plus supposedly you can use objects within the game to create your own soundtrack.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes, plus supposedly you can use objects within the game to create your own soundtrack.[/quote]

I think that you can also mess with the music through in-game interaction, like having buttons the player can hit to turn it on and off (to use a simple example). You'll have control over a lot of it, I think.

Also, you'll most likely be able to use images off of your hard drive in the game. I don't see why they would require the PSEye. The developer, Alex, just said that that was the "easiest" way to get them in. I don't know about that.

I will be really disappointed if I can't make my own textures in photoshop and import them. I should start doing some level planning now! Can't wait for this to drop.

[quote name='orko60']I think that you can also mess with the music through in-game interaction, like having buttons the player can hit to turn it on and off (to use a simple example). You'll have control over a lot of it, I think.

Also, you'll most likely be able to use images off of your hard drive in the game. I don't see why they would require the PSEye. The developer, Alex, just said that that was the "easiest" way to get them in. I don't know about that.

I will be really disappointed if I can't make my own textures in photoshop and import them. I should start doing some level planning now! Can't wait for this to drop.[/quote]

yeah, a large part of my plans was to create a ton of art for the game to upload and use... >_< I hope ur right.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yes, plus supposedly you can use objects within the game to create your own soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm pumped to hear that. And all this talk about uploading pictures to make levels (if I'm reading it right) sounds awesome too. I honestly haven't read much into this thread, just the first page and pretty much the last two page or three pages, so I don't know too much about the game, other than it has some adorable characters and it looks like a really neat platformer. Though I'm worried that if I read into it too much, I might put it on too high of a pedastil and just be disappointed (Blinx Time Sweeper, I'm looking at you :lol:)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']yeah, a large part of my plans was to create a ton of art for the game to upload and use... >_< I hope ur right.[/quote]

I would assume that there would be a size limit, though, so don't get too crazy.

[quote name='orko60']I would assume that there would be a size limit, though, so don't get too crazy.[/quote]

if the game can take PNG files (oh I do hope so... I love PNG) then none of my files will ever be over 200kb

[quote name='Decker']The Kratos skin will be a Game Stop exclusive. Saw a big sign hanging in the store today.[/quote]

Yup - I saw the sign a few minutes ago while I was picking up Madden.

http://kotaku.com/5036122/where-should-you-pre+order-little-big-planet

The pre-order exclusives so far:
Folks who pre-order from GameStop get the exclusive Kratos in-game model, which is actually a costume in four parts - skin, goatee, blades, and clothing. Meanwhile, Amazon.com pre-orders come with the exclusive "LittleBigPlanet Creator" digital miniguide from Brady Games, possibly indicating that someone at Amazon lost a bet. So it looks like GameStop is on top so far, but they've still got the Nariko SackGirl pre-order location to reveal, and that could be a deal-breaker for me.

And specifics on the Kratos sackboy itself:

http://littlebigplanet.us.playstation.com/post/2008/08/Pre-Order-Details-Amazon--GameStop.aspx
OK, there were lots of questions on the PS Blog about this one, so I wanted to breakdown the above to clarify a few specifics. "Exclusive" = this is the only place in North America where you can get this exclusive costume. Currently there are no near future plans to distribute on the PS Store… "In-Game" = this is not a physical object - but the render looked so good, it sold me on that idea too. "Kratos SackBoy" = Nuff' said. "Downloadable" = Once you pre-order at GameStop, they'll give you a voucher w/ a promotional code which you can redeem on the PlayStation Store for your free download at LBP launch. Obviously you'll need a copy of LBP to access the content, but I think you guys get all that. And finally, "Costume" = the Kratos SackBoy costume actually consists of four different items (signature Kratos skin, goatee, Blades of Athena (on back), and Kratos garments. So, once obtained you can interchange these items with your normal costume inventory at anytime.

nice... I care less about everything on the Kratos other than the facial hair which will be very usefull... it's a bit silly though in some aspects since, if you have the time, you can recreate the entire costume... not as good looking but you can.

o man i saw the kratos and couldn't help myself, that thing looks cool as hell but...i thought we could create a near replica of that already, seems strange as a preorder item.

Where's the burlap sack going to show up? Either bestbuy or walmart would be good since I have some giftcards. I figure kratos and nariko will both be easy to obtain/make, the creation guide will probably be dated within a week when people start posting their own detailed guides, and stickers... eh.

On a related topic, anyone have any ideas on the best way to make a sackboy halloween costume (there are pictures of official sack boys in Japan that look awesome - and kind of creepy).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']First one that gets a physical SackBoy plushy gets my money. Plain or in some funky costume, it doesn't really matter.[/quote]
One guy at neogaf is selling them :p
cutesackboys1.jpg

cutesackboys2.jpg

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'd rather wait for official ones than pay for those.[/quote]

I'm hoping the official ones come with parts you can attach, kind of like Mr. Potato Head, specifically the kratos and nariko stuff. They will take the place of Darth Tater and Spud Trooper.

[quote name='happy']Where's the burlap sack going to show up? Either bestbuy or walmart would be good since I have some giftcards. [/QUOTE]

Dear god, I hope not best buy. My best buy is worthless at preorders, no one EVER knows how to ring them up, god forbid you confuse them more with an actual physical preorder bonus. They've tried to double charge me for some preorders multiple times.

Then again, if it's not gamestop or amazon (which were my first two choices to have it), I don't have many other stores local other than Best Buy. Ugh.

[quote name='happy']I'm hoping the official ones come with parts you can attach, kind of like Mr. Potato Head, specifically the kratos and nariko stuff. They will take the place of Darth Tater and Spud Trooper.[/quote]

I'm sure Velcro works.

Hey guys like i said in the thread I made I got a chance to play LBG for a bit, and while I really didn't get an opportunity to explore it as much as I would have liked if you have any questions, fire away and I would be glad to answer what I can.

unfortunately no, though that was the first thing I tried to do

they had like nothing unlocked only like 2 stickers and no outfits so I just went crazy with the stickers and put them everywhere.

I'm pretty sure the build they have up is old because it is not running smooth at all they really need to bump the frame rate up b4 release

lol thats kool, I will just type random thoughts on the game

I can imagine this game being extremely fun with the local multiplayer part of it

I had a lot of fun playing with total strangers, I can just imagine what you could do with all of your friends playing

I think its gonna be like smash bros for the PS3

bread's done
Back