Little Big Planet - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='jmillion']its on the website @ BB now
http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat160100050000&type=category

i havent been back there yet tho[/QUOTE]

You can actually use the store locator for the preorder pack it looks like, but I don't know if it works, it says available at most stores but then lists it as unavailable at all the stores near me. Using the store locator for the actual game however shows it as being available at every store near me.

This is the game that I want to buy a PS3 for but I'm hoping Sony will do some sort of bundle with LBP. Or if any store will do an unofficial bundle.

Check out these tiny billboards that have been placed in various places:
custom_1220965928495_LBP_BBweb.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5047143/more-tiny-billboards-this-time-for-littlebigplanet

The new video is one of my favorites so far (I love all of them). It describes/shows the enemy brain things too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/09/littlebigplanet-sackboys-in-the-wild/

Another great video, this time starring the narrator for the game talking about the Sackboy as a nature documentarian, I'm guessing?[/quote]

that's definitely not the game narrator. it's suppose to be Stephen Fry who is a million times more fit for the game than the guy in the trailer. The narrator in the trailer was great though.

Throw this in the rumor mill --- Went to put down my $5 at GS so I could get my Kratos, and the employee told me that his boss had gotten back from the GS Expo and said that Sony had a whole God of War themed pack that would be coming exclusively to GS along with the Kratos Sackboy (he mentioned a Medusa character, nothing else specfic). He also told me that his boss said Sony was also "pissed off" at Best Buy and there's a chance Nariko might become a GS preorder character as well.

Once again, just GS employee heresay so take it for what you want. . . .

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Throw this in the rumor mill --- Went to put down my $5 at GS so I could get my Kratos, and the employee told me that his boss had gotten back from the GS Expo and said that Sony had a whole God of War themed pack that would be coming exclusively to GS along with the Kratos Sackboy (he mentioned a Medusa character, nothing else specfic). He also told me that his boss said Sony was also "pissed off" at Best Buy and there's a chance Nariko might become a GS preorder character as well.

Once again, just GS employee heresay so take it for what you want. . . .[/quote]

Until you got to the last part I was with you. No way gamestop would get both, nor that Sony would risk having a fight with BestBuy over their biggest game of the year. If they want it to attract parents and casual gamers bestbuy will be more important than gamestop.

[quote name='Kayden']Baseless rumors from the mouth of a Gamestop employee to push preorders?

Incredulous.[/quote]

Well, he told me all that after I had already paid for it, which is why I figured someone had at least old him that and he personally wasn't just trying to blow smoke up my ass.

Picked up the Best Buy preorder with Nariko code today. Came in an actual PS3 case too, rather than cardboard box. Nice to have a spare case for free.

I just got mine from Best Buy also. Now I have Nariko and Kratos. I think I'm going to switch my preorder at Gamestop to Mirror's Edge since I know it's easy to cancel preorders there and I've never tried it at Best Buy.

Has anyone gotten the Circuit City sticker book yet? The CC near me didn't know about the pre-order and neither did the people at the corporate customer service.

[quote name='bballplaya210']I just got mine from Best Buy also. Now I have Nariko and Kratos. I think I'm going to switch my preorder at Gamestop to Mirror's Edge since I know it's easy to cancel preorders there and I've never tried it at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Really? They don't get all frowny face and hammer away at the computer like they're writing a novel? When I try to ask them to move money from one preorder to another they act like I'm forcing them to do physics problems or something.

I'm kinda po'd about my local Best Buy's right now. They said I have to pre-order the damn thing online and pick up the bonus in-store. That's crap and they know it.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm kinda po'd about my local Best Buy's right now. They said I have to pre-order the damn thing online and pick up the bonus in-store. That's crap and they know it.[/QUOTE]

I just did in-store pickup for the preorder bonus. They had it ready when I got there.

Well my dilemma is I pre-ordered from Gamestop first, and I intend on keeping that one (it's literally 2 minutes from my house driving) and with Best Buy's pre-ordering service online I'd have to shove $60 up front, which I don't want to do.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well my dilemma is I pre-ordered from Gamestop first, and I intend on keeping that one (it's literally 2 minutes from my house driving) and with Best Buy's pre-ordering service online I'd have to shove $60 up front, which I don't want to do.[/quote]

You can just add the $5 preorder right to your cart on the website and pay for only that. Then, have it shipped or pick up in store. I did store pick up with MGS4 to get the bonus dvd.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169990

Another new, neat feature that's in LBP:
"You'll have feeds of photos of you -- levels that you've been in, photos people have taken of you. Then we take it even further, like Facebook. In any photos we know what kind of Sackboys were in it, who they were logged in as, so we put a box around their face which you can click and go and see that person. So if there's a cool level with a guy wearing an awesome costume, you just D-pad up to him and hit X, and now you can see his levels, his favorites."

[quote name='bornrunnin31']You can just add the $5 preorder right to your cart on the website and pay for only that. Then, have it shipped or pick up in store. I did store pick up with MGS4 to get the bonus dvd.[/quote]

I guess I could do that. But I'll still want to cancel it after getting the code you know. I'd rather have a 6 minute trip for 2 games (Fable 2 & LBP) at one store than a 45 minute trip for 2 games at 2 stores.

Okay, so LBP can act as a recent players list like Halo 3 where you can see their stuff. Interesting.

I finally have both Nariko and Kratos codes. I think I'm going to end up going with Circuit City though for the $10 gift card. I only wish I could get my hands on the pouch.

I mentioned in the PS Store thread that there is a LBP theme in the JPN store, which enters you into a promotion for the LBP beta.

Which better be bloody soon, since the game releases in fewer than 6 weeks.

Should I really consider preordering? The promo codes really don't appeal to me... but should I worry about the game being scarce?

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm kinda po'd about my local Best Buy's right now. They said I have to pre-order the damn thing online and pick up the bonus in-store. That's crap and they know it.[/QUOTE]
that sucks. I preordered mine at BB today and got my card and this nice case. Went and cancelled my GS one after

img4005op5.jpg

Damn. The Japanese LBP theme's much better than the Qore theme, which is a bit too bright even though they included a black line to help make the text more legible.

hmm well guess i'll probably preorder from bestbuy lol. At first I wanted Kratos, but then came to the conclusion that either would be cool with me. At least at BB I can get some reward points and an extra case lol.

Its Official! - LittleBigPlanet on shelves 10/21/08!

+ Posted by Mark Valledor // Marketing Manager, SCEA
For those of you who’ve pre-ordered and are anxiously waiting, we’ve received great news from Media Molecule - the game code has gone ‘GOLD’ and we’ve started manufacturing the PS3 cases, manuals and most importantly Blu-ray discs. Meaning, LittleBigPlanet will hit stores in North & Latin America on October 21 (With Europe releasing the same week). But trust us, you’ll want to be there with us during the first week. Why you ask?
During the first week only, to celebrate “Launch”, LBP fans everywhere will be able to download a FREE, Limited Edition Spacesuit costume for your SackBoy on the PLAYSTATION Store. (Get it…Launch…Spacesuit…o never mind)

In addition to the freebie, there will also be a rare “I was there Week One” T-Shirt available - to prove that you were… well… “there Week One.”

Now for those of you that haven’t pre-ordered, we would hate to think you went to the store and saw the dreadful “Sold Out” sign and missed out on the FREE download. So, if you want your spacesuit, you’re best bet is to guarantee your copy by heading to your nearest participating retailer and pre-ordering your copy. Besides…you’ll get additional pre-order goodies for FREE too.
In addition to the “gold” news, check out our LBP News Site for the official release for the final word on LittleBigPlanet’s features and how Media Molecule is still hard at work, to continually build the online community with new features to make your online experience an ever-evolving one.
See you there.

what are the chances that you can make the helmet open up using the emotions stuff to see sackboy's face inside. That would be incredible.

The bit of zipper you can see sticking out of the top of the shirt is a awesome touch as well. They need to market them at college bookstores as plush dolls wearing the school shirt. And maybe have a downloadable code come with it so your sackboy can wear your school shirt. Professional sports teams too.

PS3-Sense writes "We have mentioned before that there will be 20.000 invites for each region (Europe, America and Japan). And next week Sony will be sending out all 60.000 invites. The LittleBigPlanet beta itself will start on 29 September and will end on 12 October. So watch your mailbox closely."

[quote name='smiggity']PS3-Sense writes "We have mentioned before that there will be 20.000 invites for each region (Europe, America and Japan). And next week Sony will be sending out all 60.000 invites. The LittleBigPlanet beta itself will start on 29 September and will end on 12 October. So watch your mailbox closely."[/QUOTE]
Any word on what we have to be signed up for to get the beta invite?

bread's done
Back