LittleBigPlanet 2 - Out now! Get yer levels/games/genres today!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
But I'll probably wait on LBP 2 cuz I don't wanna get the gimped version when they decide to do a GOTY edition after releasing a vanilla version first.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, now, the original version is hardly "gimped" compared to the GotY. The GotY version really only has one "required" piece of DLC in it, and that is the MGS/paintgun stuff which was what, a $6 download? The rest is just costumes you could easily do without. I swapped my original for a GotY (thankfully back when I could still sell my original for $40+) and haven't even touched any of the extra stuff (as I already had the MGS pack).

I've been meaning to get back into the game but really haven't touched it much at all in about a year. My kids go through phases of playing it off and on, still, though. I bought them a PS3 in Dec. 2008 solely for LBP. Maybe this news will spur me to go for a few more of the trophies - especially the online ones.

[quote name='tholly']Pre-ordering as soon as Amazon.com puts it up for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Yep, me too. I think I have some old orders I can add this in to ;). If not, maybe I can use the $20 credit I'll be getting from SMG2. But this is pretty much as close as a sure thing day one purchase for me as there can be.

[quote name='JaxMoney']I don't know why Game Informer says it's releasing in 2010 when it's barely beginning development[/QUOTE]

Because it is something they could have just made into an add on:lol:

Reading the IGN article & seeing the trailer got me really curious about this. Between GOW III, Modnation Racers, & now this, I'm really considering getting a PS3. Once the new models are in stores of course.

anyone know how the 'game of the year' content will go over into lbp2?
i know they said that the dlc would be usable in this game but what about the dlc that's on-disc on the game of the year edition?

[quote name='chssnaredrum04']anyone know how the 'game of the year' content will go over into lbp2?
i know they said that the dlc would be usable in this game but what about the dlc that's on-disc on the game of the year edition?[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same, I think we're up the creek man. The disc-based DLC probably isn't going to make it over.

Can't wait for the game, just wish they would make it downloadable so you could instantly fire the game up for some quick creative sessions.

That is awesome. I just preordered. This is one of the few games my wife and I can play together, and all that extra stuff sounds great for $20 more.

Best Buy for me - gotta have those alien costumes!!!

but I have an Amazon gift card.. argh what to do what to do..

oh, wait - the collector's edition includes ALL of the preorder costumes!? sign me up for that through Amazon!!!

This probably takes Best CE of the year for me. In-game items collecting all of the BS with store exclusives AND a plushie? AND book ends I will totally use now? Yeah. I'm getting this. Definitely.

I've actually been looking for bookends anyway, so this is AWESOME! Plus, since I have that sony chase card, I'll just throw my accumulated points at it and get it for free! Thanks OP! (also, might want to update your first post with the link, instead of having it a couple posts down)

[quote name='Zmonkay']I've actually been looking for bookends anyway, so this is AWESOME! Plus, since I have that sony chase card, I'll just throw my accumulated points at it and get it for free! Thanks OP! (also, might want to update your first post with the link, instead of having it a couple posts down)[/QUOTE]

Noted and edited!

Remember, this is a "limited" run. Whatever amount that means. I'm guessing at least 1,000,000. lol

Now this is a good LE. And not overpriced. 20 extra bucks for a sackboy plushie, bookends and a bunch of DLC?

Yeah sign me up.

I hate most CEs and I haven't fallen in love with LBP, but I'm placing an order. It's a good price considering what you get compared to most other CEs. Plus you get physical items and not just digital content that we all know will be available as DLC down the road.

I might sell the bookends though.

Look I'm in Canada and I'm going to order the CE. Now I just have to decide if it's going to be from Amazon or GameStop. With GameStop atleast I can trade in some old games and apply the credit towards it. But with Amazon, I just have to wait for delivery. Hmmm....Anyways the bookends is what sold me. It looks awesome.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...2-demo-beta-expansion-all-coming-in-december/

-LBP2 demo is coming on December 21 and the full game is coming January 18.

-They're also going to release a PSN game called Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves with 10 levels that feature Move support on December 14 for $14.99. It's included on the LBP2 disc, but will be free for PS+ people to download on December 7. They'll also be giving it out for free to thousands of LBP fans.

-They're expanding the beta a bit in December to more PS+, the LBP community, and other giveaways.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...2-demo-beta-expansion-all-coming-in-december/

-LBP2 demo is coming on December 21 and the full game is coming January 18.

-They're also going to release a PSN game called Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves with 10 levels that feature Move support on December 14 for $14.99. It's included on the LBP2 disc, but will be free for PS+ people to download on December 7. They'll also be giving it out for free to thousands of LBP fans.

-They're expanding the beta a bit in December to more PS+, the LBP community, and other giveaways.[/QUOTE]
According to IGN the Sackboy Prehistoric Moves mini game is going to only be $5.99 and not $14.99.

I made a post in the original LBP thread linking to the page for it on IGN.

If anyone got an invite to the LB2 beta and had a code that didnt work like this one AFPO-VCHR-CODE I foud this on the Playstation forums. The real code is located in the source code of the e-mail and for whatever reason displayed the other bogus code.

Blastroid wrote:

How to get the correct code from the e-mail via hotmail
1. In hotmail near the "Reply" with a down arrow click it then choose "View Message Source".
2. Wait a little while and the source will be display in a new window.
3. Somewhere near the top at around line #50 you will see "Use your voucher to enlist in the fun:" with the correct unique code you would have recieved if the e-mail was coded properly.

There should be close to the same method for other e-mail clients.

Too bad, I didn't receive a code for Sack's Prehistoric Moves, nor a code for the LBP2 beta. ;_;

Oh well, I just need to wait for the full game to come out!

LittleBigPlanet-2-Banner.jpg

Amazon Link

Game Summary / Feature :
Sackboy is at it again! Join Sackboy in a completely new Play, Create, Share adventure.
A world of Play is at your fingertips! Whether it's the 50 plus levels in the whimsical storyline, or the endless multiplayer fun - there's an infinite amount of gaming experiences for you and your friends.
Create your own games! Customize everything! From your Sackboy's appearance to creating any game you want - racing games, mini-games, action/adventure games, and even multiplayer shooters.
Games to Share! Go online and discover new games that other players have created. With over 2MM levels already there, your gaming options are endless.
Enjoy 4-player support online and offline in created games using new features and abilities

For Game Information The Following Sites Are Great :

http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-us/
http://www.littlebigplanetguide.com/
http://www.lbpcentral.com/
http://www.littlebignetwork.com/forum.php
http://www.littlebigplanetoid.com/

The standard edition retails for the usual $59.99 and the Collectors Edition retail for $79.99.

Standard Box Art :
61MsoxVB-yL._AA300_.jpg

Collector's Edition Box Art :
51zrg63ytBL._AA300_.jpg
What's included in the Collector's Edition you might ask ?
A copy of LittleBigPlanet 2 – duh.
Your own little “Sackboy” – 7” of plushie-goodness for you to accompany you on your journey thru LBP2.
Exclusive LBP2 “game ends” – keep your PS3 games in a tidy, organized and ‘Sack-ured” within these unique bookends
One stop shop for exclusive DLC + more – regarding in-game content, the LBP2 Collector’s Edition comes packed with 11 different pre-order costumes, including:
Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3’s “Aliens” Sackboy Costume
Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Sackboy Costume
The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Sackboy Costume
PlayStation’s “Ratchet” Sackboy Costume
PlayStation’s “Clank” Sackboy Costume
Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Sackboy Costume
Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Sackboy Costume
Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Sackboy Costume
Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Sackboy Costume
And exclusive to the LittleBigPlanet 2’s Collectors Edition:
PlayStation’s “Jak” Sackboy Costume
PlayStation’s “Daxter” Sackboy Costume
5 exclusive LBP2 PSN Avatars – Lastly, complete your PlayStation experience with a new identity on the PlayStation Network with these new avatars.

Pre-Order Bonuses :

Amazon :
4820500605_a9dc4f77ce_m.jpg

BestBuy :
4821119968_0fc9c1de32_m.jpg

Gamestop :
4821120004_9dd147000d_m.jpg

demo is out?
brb downloading

I am also grabbing the collector's edition
i loved the gameplay and the mechanics of LBP so i decided to fork over the other 20 bucks and grab this CE.
My first CE that i would actually pre-order.
i usually do not do this cause i feel all the CE of these newly released games are just not worth it.

LBP2 CE proved me wrong :D

[quote name='cRodz']demo is out?
brb downloading

i loved the gameplay and the mechanics of LBP so i decided to fork over the other 20 bucks and grab this CE.
i usually do not do this cause i feel all the CE of these newly released games are just not worth it.

LBP2 CE proved me wrong :D[/QUOTE]

Yup same here :D

[quote name='cRodz']demo is out?
brb downloading

LBP2 CE proved me wrong :D[/QUOTE]
Same with me also. First CE I'm pre ordering for myself and first I've seen that seems to be done right in a long time. Seems like a very good value.

[quote name='Saint Noir']So, how's the demo? Really looking forward to grabbing the game. Maybe even a CE if I can find one at my store of choice.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the demo. There are only 3 levels. The first level was a race using the grappling hook and it was a lot of fun. The second level was basically just showing off the new vehicle, it wasn't all that interesting I though, but I'm sure the vehicles could be used in exciting way in other levels. And the last level is a multiplayer minigame where you're shooting missiles out of the creatinator at each other.

I have had the CE preordered at amazon since they announced it.

I thought the demo was lame and a poor showcase of this franchise
I look forward to user created content since MM clearly did not showcase anything noteworthy

Wow... Once I heard about this Demo.... i rushed to my dusty never used PS3, hooked it up, updated my firmware, and attempted to DL the demo.... I have a 20MB connection and this download is moving at a snails pace.... Is this the norm on the PSN?

bread's done
Back