Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm might pick up Knoxx for BL. anyone know how the add-on disc (dlc 1 and 2) works? like can I install it to my hdd and then copy it to usb and then move it to the new 360 S?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hmm might pick up Knoxx for BL. anyone know how the add-on disc (dlc 1 and 2) works? like can I install it to my hdd and then copy it to usb and then move it to the new 360 S?[/QUOTE]

Add on works just like the Fallout GOTY one, install it and play the original disc and you're fine. Haven't tried your method, but in theory it should fly.

Moxxi is so so, but kinda fun w/ other friends ala horde mode. A joke solo, but for you weapon hounds, it DOES have a bank that let's you store shit in it.

Zombie is a blast, a steal at 400.

Cannot wait for the Knoxx one!

Nice, good news for Borderlands DLC. I just started the game so I may just pick up all 3 even though everyone is saying Mad Moxxi is terrible. I'm afraid I'm addicted to achievements and completing my games 100% lol.

[quote name='destro4eva']Add on works just like the Fallout GOTY one, install it and play the original disc and you're fine. Haven't tried your method, but in theory it should fly.
[/QUOTE]

i THINK i read somewhere that gamestop wont allow you to do returns on used DLC only games like the border lands zombie/moxxi pack, is this true?

[quote name='bajingo']i THINK i read somewhere that gamestop wont allow you to do returns on used DLC only games like the border lands zombie/moxxi pack, is this true?[/QUOTE]Yes, it's in the return policy on their receipts.

Honestly, though, if you buy the double pack used for:
Purchase 14.99 - 1.50 Edge = 13.49
Trade in 5.00 + .50 edge = 5.50
Net Difference = 7.99 and if you're in the right state and use credit for the purchase there's no tax.

Plus, you can look for a trade in bonus. I did this when it was 30% and 6 TIV. That's a better deal all considered.

damn im glad i saw this thread.. im for sure buyin general knoxx. been planing on picking it up at $10 since i got borderlands back. but for $5:D

[quote name='limelight022']Mad Moxxi is extremely repetitive and boring, even moreso if you play alone. Not worth the 5 bucks even.
.[/QUOTE]
id have to disagree here. yes it gets old. but i got many many hours of gameplay out of it, and thought it was worth the $10, but for $5 id say its worth it. sure its no horde, but i found it fun and entertaining. ill say that it would bee a hell of a lot better if you could start on any wave you want, as the latter waves are the fun waves :D. but, its all opinion, and as always, different strokes or so they say ;)

[quote name='bajingo']i THINK i read somewhere that gamestop wont allow you to do returns on used DLC only games like the border lands zombie/moxxi pack, is this true?[/QUOTE]

You can't do a return if it's just download only codes. Borderlands and Fallout had 2-packs on disk so you could return those or trade them in.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You can't do a return if it's just download only codes. Borderlands and Fallout had 2-packs on disk so you could return those or trade them in.[/QUOTE]

hmm thats what i though, but a previous poster said otherwise. has anyone had actual SUCCESS in returning something like this, fallout discs or borderlands disc? i want to get the zombie/moxxi pack, install moxxi (already bought dr ned) and then return it. will they say no?

[quote name='bajingo']hmm thats what i though, but a previous poster said otherwise. has anyone had actual SUCCESS in returning something like this, fallout discs or borderlands disc? i want to get the zombie/moxxi pack, install moxxi (already bought dr ned) and then return it. will they say no?[/QUOTE]

I did it with the FO3 Operation Anchorage and Pitt disc. The lady working there gave me a weird look but took the return.

Any reason they didn't just force Destination Arcade on us rather than an optional app? Seems kind of odd to take the time to create something that so far is actually really nice (in visuals and efficiency) and make it completely optional. I was expecting it to run pretty slow considering it visually looks very nice, but it actually runs very fast.

I would almost like to see the style of Destination Arcade become the style of all the marketplaces. Being able to sort by cost is just such a nice feature. I mean I didn't know there was a 500 point game until now... or that Sonic and Knuckles was only 240 points.

EDIT: The sorting features are very nice too. You can actually sort by multiple things rather than just one. So now I can sort by ESRB rating and then limit it further by price. Not too shabby at all. My only complaint thus far is that they should probably tone down the opening screen because the loading is pretty bad. Not only does it take awhile to get into the app, but then it takes awhile for the front page to fully load in.

EDIT 2: Another complaint. You can't really look up info on the games though. You can see things like price, amount of players (such as 16 multiplayer or something), ESRB rating, but not any more info than that. Nothing like what the game is actually about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about the Borderlands DLC.
Would it be better to wait and see if a game of the year edition with the dlc is released soon or should I grab the dlc on sale and pick the game up for cheap?

[quote name='Driver121113']Quick question about the Borderlands DLC.
Would it be better to wait and see if a game of the year edition with the dlc is released soon or should I grab the dlc on sale and pick the game up for cheap?[/QUOTE]

Well a GOTY edition would probably raise the price of the game by $20 or something. So you probably wouldn't be saving much by waiting just for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='Kaltic']Any reason they didn't just force Destination Arcade on us rather than an optional app?[/QUOTE]
I played around in it for a minute or two... then it crashed my 360. Deleted. Thank God it's only optional.

The Borderlands DLC sale could not have come at a better time for me. I just finished up Borderlands after dropping it back in November. Now I want to play more. I was gonna wait to maybe pick up the GOTY version whenever it went on sale or buy the DLC pack, but now I'll just download them on sale. The only problem is hard drive space, but I can deal.

[quote name='simmias']I played around in it for a minute or two... then it crashed my 360. Deleted. Thank God it's only optional.[/QUOTE]

Odd, I was using it for a good 45 minutes and never had it crashed. I understood why it was optional after realizing there was no information page. Still you get the info page in there and some apparent bugs fixed and it is far, far better than the current arcade marketplace (or any marketplace for that matter).

[quote name='Kaltic']Well a GOTY edition would probably raise the price of the game by $20 or something. So you probably wouldn't be saving much by waiting just for the GOTY edition.[/QUOTE]

Well that depends.

If they are going to put it all on a disc I would want that better.

Of course, if they are going to do what they did to AC2 'Complete Edition' (UK) and RE5 Gold edition and put it on a DLC code card, then yeah getting some or all of the stuff now would be the same.

[quote name='bajingo']hmm thats what i though, but a previous poster said otherwise. has anyone had actual SUCCESS in returning something like this, fallout discs or borderlands disc? i want to get the zombie/moxxi pack, install moxxi (already bought dr ned) and then return it. will they say no?[/QUOTE]

...kinda dirty though don't you think?

[quote name='Driver121113']Quick question about the Borderlands DLC.
Would it be better to wait and see if a game of the year edition with the dlc is released soon or should I grab the dlc on sale and pick the game up for cheap?[/QUOTE]

A GOTY Borderlands editon would be $60. As long as no more DLC is released for Borderlands, buying the game new now would be $40 MSRP and the DLC next week would be $15 for $55 total.

[quote name='reddjoey']-August 31st: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - 400 Microsoft Points

Not really an XBLA title, but I stuck it in there[/QUOTE]

Sure it's an XBLA title. Doesn't require Dead Rising 1 or 2. But the save data can be imported into Dead Rising 2, which is sweet. Great way to advertise the retail title.

so apparently on the week of July 26th, all Borderlands DLC will be discounted 50% off on Xbox Live.

Secret Armory, 400 Microsoft Points ($5)
Zombie Island, 400 Microsoft Points ($5)
The Underdome, 400 Microsoft Points ($5)

i never got the chance to buy Zombie island and underdome so if any Cags want to join me on the xbox 360 send a pm

http://marketplace.xbox.com:80/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545407e7?of=3&cid=majornelson&partner=majornelson
(still 800 pts but wait until the 7/26 and the pts should update)

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']its cool, good looking out. i tried to look up the deal thru search but after a quick look thru i couldn't find it.[/QUOTE]

Well it's a good enough deal that I don't mind seeing it twice. ;)

I know I'll be grabbin Moxxi and Knoxx next week.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of a "newish" CAG to post deals, even if they are a repost. As cheeseknight points out though, a guy by the name of reddjoey is well known for keeping track of all the deals, be sure to do a brief search before posting a deal. ;)

I personally am planning on biting on Underdome, bought Secret Armory when it came out and bought Zombie Island on sale, so this will complete the expansions for me haha.

Btw I wonder if they're ever going to release the extra dlc they promised?

[quote name='Moltres423']
Btw I wonder if they're ever going to release the extra dlc they promised?[/QUOTE]

OMG, I sure hope they do. I bought both the zombie island and general knoxx expansions when they came out @ full price, and got moxxi on a deal. I am awaiting the 4th installment...I hope its just as awesome, if not more awesome, than the general knoxx expansion - with new vehicles, areas, enemies, bosses, and all... :D :bouncy:

[quote name='Moltres423']I appreciate the enthusiasm of a "newish" CAG to post deals, even if they are a repost. As cheeseknight points out though, a guy by the name of reddjoey is well known for keeping track of all the deals, be sure to do a brief search before posting a deal. ;)

I personally am planning on biting on Underdome, bought Secret Armory when it came out and bought Zombie Island on sale, so this will complete the expansions for me haha.

Btw I wonder if they're ever going to release the extra dlc they promised?[/QUOTE]

They are releasing a GOTY of borderlands in sept which is supposed to include a new dlc. These are just rumors but it is all over websites.

Then they got knoxx's twitter that had nothing new since the last dlc release but all of a sudden now it says he got a new mission (FROM THE FUTURE) tweeted on it. So something is for sure going on. They promised another after Knoxx cause it sold so well but then just let us all go where is it for like 3-4 months with no word what was going on.

I hate how they bugged the hell out of this game. The class mods that are new in the KNOXX dlc get deleted when you quit your game thinking they are modded items. This is a huge thing they should of fixed within a few weeks but has been months and why i stopped playing. I farmed my butt off for guns and other stuff to the point i rarely ever find better stuff then what i got. Those class mods are the only things i want now... I found over 50 but every one goes bye bye when you make a new game. I wish they fix stuff that is that major before they do another DLC.

I also heard it will not be story driven and level cap goes up. I am not sure if any is true.

:lol: Sounds like quite a few passed on Moxxi the first time around. I'm in the same boat. I'll nab it for 400 to check it out.

As for the new "plans from the future" tweet, I'm sure we'll here something the moment this sale is over. I'm assuming they make more off DLC (even on sale) than they would on a GOTY edition, so they want everyone to buy up this week.

Of course that's my own rampant speculation.

So everyone in the know about the GOTY, does it include all DLC? Or does it supposedly only include the newest unreleased DLC?

I have held off from buying this game because I like to save as much as possible when it comes to DLC. Thanks in advance, now I'm off to search about this alleged GOTY version. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']A GOTY Borderlands editon would be $60. As long as no more DLC is released for Borderlands, buying the game new now would be $40 MSRP and the DLC next week would be $15 for $55 total.[/QUOTE]
They're planning more DLC, at least one to coincide with the "GotY Edition".

Don't bother with Madd Moxxi, its just a grind. Not even worth $5. Each big arena takes 2.5 hours if you have a low level to host. Its boresville. But I can't recommend Dr. Ned and Gen. Knoxx enough, both are great.

Nice. In for some Borderlands DLC. It's killing me that Deathspank and Limbo are 1200 pts. I'll just have to work on my XBLA backlog and wait for them to go on sale (hopefully). I would've bit at 800 pts, though.

FYI to the anti-Moxxi folks, the DLC does come with a bank to store items. So, for some people, that might be worth the price of admission alone, if you like to hoard loot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back