Live DoTW Deadliest Warrior | READ OP FOR MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on "Lara Croft and TGOL".

$7.50 (600 Points) seem like a "decent" deal, but the fact that this game was available for FREE (by mistake) for a whole day just irks.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on "Lara Croft and TGOL".

$7.50 (600 Points) seem like a "decent" deal, but the fact that this game was available for FREE (by mistake) for a whole day just irks.[/QUOTE]

It was never free on 360 and it's an excellent game, so IMO that is a silly viewpoint.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on "Lara Croft and TGOL".

$7.50 (600 Points) seem like a "decent" deal, but the fact that this game was available for FREE (by mistake) for a whole day just irks.[/QUOTE]
Yes, how dare we give those damn game developers our money when we can instead just take it out of their cold damn hands!

[quote name='Bloomy']The Endor DLC for Force Unleashed II is 80 points, but that price is apparently only in effect for December.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ndor-DLC/00000000-0000-4000-8000-00014c4107f2

http://lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed2/

There's also a character pack that's 80 points, didn't see it mentioned if that's also a December only price.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...ter-Pack/3ed8c433-50dd-4acb-a434-8f2bfbcc5d73[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that was only for December. May have to just buy it and save it for when I get the game some time down the road... the idea of killing Ewoks makes Force Unleashed II sound like a better buy. *Forgot to say, "Thanks for posting that." heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... been debating if I am going to buy all the DLC for Forza 3, or just buy Forza 3 Ultimate Collection and get the DLC that it doesn't have... :whistle2:k

Woah! Game Room has THE MAIN EVENT!!! I wasted many quarters on that game back in the days. Never imagined they'd put it on Game Room.

"Bouncing...Bouncing...Bouncing knee drop!"

Does anyone know some good sites that review XBL/PSN/Wiiware titles as their main purpose? I know gamespot and shipwreck here sometimes review some, such as pinball fx2 etc... but I'm looking for something more focused and in depth. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Luketaru']Does anyone know some good sites that review XBL/PSN/Wiiware titles as their main purpose? I know gamespot and shipwreck here sometimes review some, such as pinball fx2 etc... but I'm looking for something more focused and in depth. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

I know of xblafans.com but idk how good of a site it is exactly, I just know of it.

Bit on GoL. I was thinking of doing a PSN gameshare, but this is so much easier.

Definitely interested in Limbo at the end of the sale, and hopefully they discount Castlevania HoD dlc tomorrow (tired of co-oping with axe characters, lol).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone pick up Raskulls yet? I read on Joystiq that if you buy World Of Kieflings you could buy Raskulls from the WoK games menu.[/QUOTE]

Best XBLA game besides Castle Crashers IMO, and you don't need to but AWOK to access it early.

Someone just needs to send you a multiplayer invite to Raskulls, and when you accept, it gives you the opportunity to purchase it for 800msp. Leave your GT i'll be on in a few to send some invites if you want

[quote name='Luketaru']Does anyone know some good sites that review XBL/PSN/Wiiware titles as their main purpose? I know gamespot and shipwreck here sometimes review some, such as pinball fx2 etc... but I'm looking for something more focused and in depth. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

i always checkout metacritic.com shows you everyones score and then i usually read one high one low, and my fav. sites. gives a broad spectrum

Joystiq has an "XBL in brief" for almost every title where they give impressions from the demo. Giantbomb might have a "Quick Look" (a 15-30 min video of the guys playing the game and talking trash over it) Most blogs review a good % larger of XBL/PSN titles.

The Signed In podcast takes a significant portion of time on their show (1/2 to 2/3 of it) on just Indie Games and XBLA Games. Not a written review but maybe that helps also.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']Hmmm.... been debating if I am going to buy all the DLC for Forza 3, or just buy Forza 3 Ultimate Collection and get the DLC that it doesn't have... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

The only DLC Forza 3 UC doesn't have is the VIP Code ($10 seperately, was free with the Gamestop exclusive CE) and the latest car pack that came out last week for $5. It also has its own exclusive car pack code and videos from the Top Gear folks.

Picked up LC:GoL today after trying the demo, hopefully my GF will play with me. Will likely be getting Limbo too, trying to decide on Perfect Dark and Monday Night Combat. I never played the former on 64 so have no attachment (do have fond memories of Goldeneye though) and although I really liked TF2, I'm skeptical as to the replay value of MNC.

Then there's the question of getting ME2 DLC even though I have yet to even pop in the first one...

Damn you CAG further contributing to my massive backlog...

If you're looking for a review/feedback we could start one within the cag community via the 360 section. I buy tons of xbla & dlc and wouldn't mind contributing as well. That would easier, faster and most beneficial for us all. Hope Raskulls is worth the purchase. Anyone have full details on the game? (online multiplayer, local multiplayer, etc)

Picked Up Comic Jumper, LC:GOL, and Claptraps Revenge. Probably going to get Monday Night Combat, Hydro Thunder, and Perfect Dark. Also going to buy Raskulls on the 29th.

[quote name='kkeith89']Best XBLA game besides Castle Crashers IMO, and you don't need to but AWOK to access it early.

Someone just needs to send you a multiplayer invite to Raskulls, and when you accept, it gives you the opportunity to purchase it for 800msp. Leave your GT i'll be on in a few to send some invites if you want[/QUOTE]

Would you mind sending me a multiplayer invite if you get a chance? Been waiting for this game to come out since June.
gt:KASPENN

[quote name='Bigandtasty']the hell... I cave in and buy Burnout Paradise DLC in October and now it's FINALLY on sale. =(

It completed my "spend 2400 get 800" but still.[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC any good? I haven't popped in Paradise in awhile, but I liked it still.

[quote name='KASPENN']Would you mind sending me a multiplayer invite if you get a chance? Been waiting for this game to come out since June.
gt:KASPENN[/QUOTE]

just sent it

[quote name='KASPENN']Picked Up Comic Jumper, LC:GOL, and Claptraps Revenge. Probably going to get Monday Night Combat, Hydro Thunder, and Perfect Dark. Also going to buy Raskulls on the 29th.[/QUOTE]
You can buy Raskulls now through a world of keflings (not sure if it works with the trial version) but you just go into your blueprints and select the raskulls blueprint and purchase the full game from there. This works, see my gamercard

[quote name='kkeith89']Best XBLA game besides Castle Crashers IMO, and you don't need to but AWOK to access it early.

Someone just needs to send you a multiplayer invite to Raskulls, and when you accept, it gives you the opportunity to purchase it for 800msp. Leave your GT i'll be on in a few to send some invites if you want[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer, but I do plan on picking up AWOK as I loved the first game, which means I'll be getting Raskulls today too, just wanted to confirm that what Joystiq said about getting early was true...thanks!

Also, anyone that play AWOK know if the co-op unlocks achievements for both players? The first game only gave out achievements for single player play which was pretty weak.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes, how dare we give those damn game developers our money when we can instead just take it out of their cold damn hands![/QUOTE]
Exactly right?

Free > anything else.

Every CAG member's motto.

[quote name='kkeith89']just sent it[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Yeah, I just missed it. Walked out of the room for a sec. Came back in and saw that i had a new message, dissapeared before i could click on it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can buy Raskulls now through a world of keflings (not sure if it works with the trial version) but you just go into your blueprints and select the raskulls blueprint and purchase the full game from there. This works, see my gamercard[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Don't plan on buying A World of Keflings. I'll download the demo and see if i can access it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can buy Raskulls now through a world of keflings (not sure if it works with the trial version) but you just go into your blueprints and select the raskulls blueprint and purchase the full game from there. This works, see my gamercard[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize A World for Keflings had come out yet. I went and looked at the demo and holy shit, I was blown away by it. I have no use for online multiplayer but I can definitely use local co-op (which is something I thought the other was definitely lacking). When I saw the way the co-op windows switched between horizontal, vertical, and merged, I was like HOLY SHIT that's some awesome fucking shit there!

[quote name='KASPENN']Thanks. Don't plan on buying A World of Keflings. I'll download the demo and see if i can access it.[/QUOTE]

What you plan and what you do are two different things once you try the demo. I haven't played the new one but the first one was fun and relaxing. Plus it's something that a lot of people can enjoy and not just gamers like most of us.

[quote name='HDShadow']Is the DLC any good? I haven't popped in Paradise in awhile, but I liked it still.[/QUOTE]

Big Surf Island is good at 1000 and great at 560. It's basically more Burnout content across the board, with bigger stunts and more cars capable of doing stunts (if you hated stunt runs in normal Paradise City, the upgraded buggy from Big Surf Island makes them much easier).

The others are more questionable. Party Pack is alright if you occasionall have friends over; it's okay at 400 but only get it if you're completionist. Cops and Robbers can be fun with a full room but few people play online so it's hard to get a game of it going (might be slightly easier now.)

The car packs are fun novelties and might be enjoyable but I didn't get them. As a bonus to Big Surf you get toy versions of the Legendary Cars (e.g. the car based off the DeLorean, the Knight Rider, etc.) Not quite the same, but they're fun nonetheless.

I really hope the add-on for Alan Wake is The Writer and not The Signal like it was during the last sale. I mean, seriously, why was Microsoft only giving a deal to the people who bought it used? I'm a paying gold member darn it!
It's kinda funny too, they published the game yet reward the people who DIDN'T line their coffers lol.

When i tried to download the Raskulls trial from World of Keflings, it says that the price for the trial and the full game is -1 MSP.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm tempted to buy it to see what happens, but i only have a limited amout of points, and i want to save my points for Limbo and MNC,ECT., i cant afford all 3.

What should i do? Has anyone ever experienced a negative number as the price on XBL?

Edit: here is a picture.
IMG00100.jpg

[quote name='macontosh2000']When i tried to download the Raskulls trial from World of Keflings, it says that the price for the trial and the full game is -1 MSP. [/QUOTE]

Strange. You should experiment and see what happens

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']I really hope the add-on for Alan Wake is The Writer and not The Signal like it was during the last sale. I mean, seriously, why was Microsoft only giving a deal to the people who bought it used? I'm a paying gold member darn it!
It's kinda funny too, they published the game yet reward the people who DIDN'T line their coffers lol.[/QUOTE]

But if you get them to by the DLC at $X, that's $X more than you would have gotten

[quote name='macontosh2000']When i tried to download the Raskulls trial from World of Keflings, it says that the price for the trial and the full game is -1 MSP.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm tempted to buy it to see what happens, but i only have a limited amout of points, and i want to save my points for Limbo and MNC,ECT., i cant afford all 3.

What should i do? Has anyone ever experienced a negative number as the price on XBL?

Edit: here is a picture.
IMG00100.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I don't have a pic but,
Your balance is too low:
Required Balance: 4294967295

Tried the demo for World of Keflings for about 10 minutes, also played the demo for Ilomilo. They were alright, just didn't seem like the type of games I'd play more than a few times. Wasn't able to purchase Raskulls through the demos, definetly will be a first day buy for me though. "Mario Kart + Castle Crashers + Bomberman = Raskulls". I'm in.

[quote name='dogmae']I don't have a pic but,
Your balance is too low:
Required Balance: 4294967295[/QUOTE]
HAHA, Man that's crazy.

I am kinda hoping that when the Alan Wake stuff comes (if it does), that it will include the full game download in the offer. I mean, they are already giving the code away in the hardware bundle packs, so why not?

Recently came across this one: xblaratings.com. It's worth a look.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']I really hope the add-on for Alan Wake is The Writer and not The Signal like it was during the last sale. I mean, seriously, why was Microsoft only giving a deal to the people who bought it used? I'm a paying gold member darn it!
It's kinda funny too, they published the game yet reward the people who DIDN'T line their coffers lol.[/QUOTE]

Well NOW, if people buy it on Games on Demand, they have to buy The Signal, it's not included.

Wish they would have made more than 2 dlc episodes for Wake.. Loved that game.

Also have a signal DLC up for trade...will listen to any trade offers

For those on the fence for the final 2-3 hours of the Lara GOL deal, maybe this will sway your decision. I'm not a Kane & Lynch fan at all, but the free download that allows you to play GOL as Kane or Lynch is frickin' hilarious. Both characters are completely animated and voiced for the entire adventure, they even appear in cut scenes. The language is bleeped-out repeatedly which is pretty funny when you hear it. I was happy spending 600 for GOL, but the free K&L add-on has really been a surprise. 600 pts for all of this is worth it in my book.

[quote name='macontosh2000']When i tried to download the Raskulls trial from World of Keflings, it says that the price for the trial and the full game is -1 MSP.

Is anyone else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

Just got the same error when a fellow CAG sent me an invite for Raskulls. Also got the same results: "Your balance is too low: Required Balance: 4294967295"

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not sure if this was posted already, but Castlevania is 600 points right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

Is this game recommended by CAG? Never really played Castlevania games before

[quote name='tunavi']Thanks for the heads up.

Is this game recommended by CAG? Never really played Castlevania games before[/QUOTE]

This isn't your normal Castlevania. It's kind of a mashup of fan favorite Castlevania characters with similar gameplay, but more of a co-op experience...I think. I only played the demo.

[quote name='tunavi']Thanks for the heads up.

Is this game recommended by CAG? Never really played Castlevania games before[/QUOTE]

I didn't like it, I bought it to play with a friend on release and haven't touched it. He seemed to like it a lot though.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This isn't your normal Castlevania. It's kind of a mashup of fan favorite Castlevania characters with similar gameplay, but more of a co-op experience...I think. I only played the demo.[/QUOTE]
The demo was bad. I knew this would go on sale eventually and I have no problem picking it up for 600points. If anyone wants to play sometime send me a message and we can goof around. There really needs to be additional levels for it though. If memory serves there are only 4 stages-I know they take a long time to get through but still that's not much variety.

[quote name='thedream77']For those on the fence for the final 2-3 hours of the Lara GOL deal, maybe this will sway your decision. I'm not a Kane & Lynch fan at all, but the free download that allows you to play GOL as Kane or Lynch is frickin' hilarious. Both characters are completely animated and voiced for the entire adventure, they even appear in cut scenes. The language is bleeped-out repeatedly which is pretty funny when you hear it. I was happy spending 600 for GOL, but the free K&L add-on has really been a surprise. 600 pts for all of this is worth it in my book.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Knowing that Kane & Lynch are animated and voiced is probably going to push me over to buy Lara Croft since 600 is pretty cheap (now hopefully I can convince the wife to play it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back