Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they got rid of what I wanted so I don't know whether it will be coming back and worth even doing anymore. :(

I wanted a copy of Office that they had, but it looks like it's gone.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Well they got rid of what I wanted so I don't know whether it will be coming back and worth even doing anymore. :(

I wanted a copy of Office that they had, but it looks like it's gone.[/quote]

It vanished when vista did I think. Then vista came back and office stayed missing. Maybe it will eventually show up again.

[quote name='iph03n1xi']I'm hoping for a FedEx truck to come by at like 6.
Does FedEx / USPS deliver on Saturday?[/quote]

USPS=yes, FedEx=most likely not (you gotta pay extra for a Sat delivery, and...well you're getting it for free :p)

I'm doubting the FedEx guy will be by my place today (it's 5:30p here atm), and USPS already delivered.

USPS already delivered to you? Or do they not deliver at such a late time?

I'm hoping for a FedEx guy today (5:31 at the moment) or a USPS guy tomorrow.

Some people ordered the same stuff as me on the same day and they've already gotten it... :(

[quote name='iph03n1xi']USPS already delivered to you? Or do they not deliver at such a late time?

I'm hoping for a FedEx guy today (5:31 at the moment) or a USPS guy tomorrow.

Some people ordered the same stuff as me on the same day and they've already gotten it... :([/quote]Of course USPS delivered it, its through the mail.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Of course USPS delivered it, its through the mail.[/quote]
o_O haha, I'm dumb.

I just got the mail like 3 minutes ago though, so there :D

O, I know why I got confused. I kept thinking UPS while saying USPS...lol.

I ordered Vista a couple days ago and the site predicts they'll ship August 1st. I hope copies will still go for ~$200 on ebay then. :D

[quote name='Scrubsy']Of course USPS delivered it, its through the mail.[/quote]

lol, exactly. The postman usually comes by my place between 11-2. They hadn't yet when I checked the mail @ 1, but they had when I checked again at 4. No dice though :(

Remember: USPS=white truck/van/car/jeep, UPS=giant brown van :cool:

And I hereby pledge to post a picture of my copy when I get mine in :)

[quote name='EskNerd']I ordered Vista a couple days ago and the site predicts they'll ship August 1st. I hope copies will still go for ~$200 on ebay then. :D[/QUOTE]

Not too likely. If everyone who placed an order for multiple Vistas gets them all, expect to see them all on eBay real fast. With so many up for sell the price will plummet. Since they are going for around $150ish now I would be surprised if you can even $100 by then.

[quote name='musha666']Not too likely. If everyone who placed an order for multiple Vistas gets them all, expect to see them all on eBay real fast. With so many up for sell the price will plummet. Since they are going for around $150ish now I would be surprised if you can even $100 by then.[/quote]

Still a free 100 dollars

[quote name='musha666']Not too likely. If everyone who placed an order for multiple Vistas gets them all, expect to see them all on eBay real fast. With so many up for sell the price will plummet. Since they are going for around $150ish now I would be surprised if you can even $100 by then.[/QUOTE]
The full retail version is about $200 .. the upgrade is ~150

The reason the price of Vista is so low on ebay is because, per typical ebay fashion, no one has a fucking clue what they're doing.

The $150-200 copies of Vista Ultimate are either upgrades or OEM versions. Upgrades require a previous install of a MS OS and OEM versions are bound to a single machine and, per the EULA, must be sold with actually PC parts. Additionally, the OEM version can only be used on one system. If you have to change a motherboard, you have to buy a new OEM version.

The reason the full retail version of Vista costs $400 is because you can use it on any machine, at any time, any number of times as long as its only on one machine at a time.

[quote name='Foladar']The full retail version is about $200 .. the upgrade is ~150[/quote]

i ordered the webcam nearly two weeks ago. has anyone actually received a webcam or heard of someone else receiving one? i have not received a shipping confirmation though i did receive the initial confirmation email. TIA

I finally got a response back from support about the blank e-mails. No real info, just what we figured:

Thank you for getting in touch with Live Search Club Order Support,

We apologize for any alarm this e-mail may have caused. This e-mail was
sent in error.

Please be assured that this e-mail is not a virus and will not harm your
e-mail account in any way.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter. Please
contact us if you have any further questions or concerns you would like
addressed.

Sincerely,

Live Search Club Order Support

Here's the generic e-mail I got when I asked them about my order...

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for getting in touch with Live Search Club Order Support,

Our records confirm that on 7/1/2007 you successfully placed an order for a Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate,order#xxxxxxxxxx.

The normal fulfillment timeframe for a Live Search Club Reward is eight weeks. Some of the rewards we offer will be processed and ship well before this eight week timeframe, as we strive to deliver reward our members order in ahead of schedule. If you do not receive your reward in this timeframe or have any further questions regarding your order please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

We hope you enjoy the Live Search Club program and we look forward to your ongoing participation.

Sincerely,

Live Search Club Order Support
[email protected]
http://club.live.com/ [/FONT]

I ordered Kameo Elements of Power on 6/30 and recieved it today.

Ironically it came at the same time as my check for my xbox 360 from Gadget City.

So now i have a game for the 360 im buying with the check.

Hopefully the controlelr i ordered on 06/25 will get here before too long.

Ordered Vista on 29th, Controller on 30th, Zoo Tycoon on the 1st, Flight Sim and LifeChat VX-6000 on the 2nd.

Nothing yet.

I have a question. Are you guys ordering all of the prizes from one account, or are you guys racking up points on different accounts and ordering prizes from different accounts? Is having multiple accounts allowed?

Well, I ordered my Vista today. I also ordered a new PC today, so here's hoping it ships a LOT sooner than the 8/31 estimated date. ;) I'd like to be able to load it on the new PC around the time it gets in (it shipped w/ Vista Home Basic).

[quote name='uagent']USPS=yes, FedEx=most likely not (you gotta pay extra for a Sat delivery, and...well you're getting it for free :p)

I'm doubting the FedEx guy will be by my place today (it's 5:30p here atm), and USPS already delivered.[/quote]

Its through fed ex home delivery. they do deliver on Saturdays.

You can upgrade at any point with minimal hastle. All it really needs to do is unlock access to the features as I believe everything is there anyways.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I ordered my Vista today. I also ordered a new PC today, so here's hoping it ships a LOT sooner than the 8/31 estimated date. ;) I'd like to be able to load it on the new PC around the time it gets in (it shipped w/ Vista Home Basic).[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']You can upgrade at any point with minimal hastle. All it really needs to do is unlock access to the features as I believe everything is there anyways.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but the question is will a full version upgrade? I'm assuming the Ultimate we're getting is full, anyway.

Yes, I believe so. The version they are shipping is the full retail version of ultimate. That is both 32 and 64 bit.

[quote name='argyle']Yea, but the question is will a full version upgrade? I'm assuming the Ultimate we're getting is full, anyway.[/quote]

The only reason I'm asking is because in the past (w/ XP) you could not install a full version over a existing Windows OS & have it upgrade - your only option was to format & install fresh.

But if you guys are saying Vista isn't like that, that's cool. I know they've changed things - when I installed my Vista Home Premium upgrade on my existing pc, it wouldn't let me install it on a empty hdd - I had to have XP loaded first. In the past you could start a install from an upgrade disk on a blank hdd and it would just ask you to insert your previous version's setup disk at some point.

Theres actually a way around that. Don't enter any key and don't activate and then install. After, reinstall and "upgrade" from your Vista install to your Vista install.

If I compile a Clink screenshot pack (the new ones, I mean, not the few that are already out there), would it be any good?

What I mean is, should I do it since I can't find any out there?

EDIT= I guess I'm just going to start screenshotting.

[quote name='RESmonkey']If I compile a Clink screenshot pack (the new ones, I mean, not the few that are already out there), would it be any good?

What I mean is, should I do it since I can't find any out there?

EDIT= I guess I'm just going to start screenshotting.[/quote]

Lol, knock yourself out :D

Clink is fairly meh. I think it only rewards like 4 tickets or something, not worth the time, and just not really that interesting. But uh, if you wanna go through with it, as iph03n1xi said, knock yourself out :)

btw, I was wondering, y'know how in the example screenshots they're supposed to show you what puzzles you've played through and your status, am I the only one *not* seeing them? I just get a bunch of blank spaces, then the "Play" or "Cancel" buttons. I figure it's 'cuz I'm usin' Linux, though *theoretically* the Flash clients are the same and it shouldn't matter...

Back in my Ubuntu days (last year), Flash player for Linux was a no-no. (No support, old version, ran like s---, not worth it).

They have released a good flash build now, no?

The only time any puzzles show up in that box for me is when I didn't complete the full puzzle and only got partial points. For example, the broken flexicon puzzles.

Yeah, there's some 80% cutoff or something. If you just blew the puzzle off, then it'll be there. My Flex. says I have a 77% complete puzzle not finished.

[quote name='RESmonkey']Back in my Ubuntu days (last year), Flash player for Linux was a no-no. (No support, old version, ran like s---, not worth it).

They have released a good flash build now, no?[/quote]

Yeah, they released Flash 9 Player officially in like October of last year. Still no 64-bit unfortunately, so I have two installs of FireFox on my desktop: a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version.

And lmao at "just blew the puzzle off"

Also, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's come across broken puzzles. I got one the clue was "Bacon seen on screen", all the letters were confirmed except v, and the search hint was "footloose tremors" but it would not let me enter kevin. So for my efforts I received 23 tickets, since I had the rest of the puzzle solved :(

[quote name='uagent']

Also, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's come across broken puzzles. I got one the clue was "Bacon seen on screen", all the letters were confirmed except v, and the search hint was "footloose tremors" but it would not let me enter kevin. So for my efforts I received 23 tickets, since I had the rest of the puzzle solved :([/QUOTE]

Evidently the answer to that one is keDin. Duh. Who ever heard of Kevin bacon anyways:p

A lot of words on flexicon are misspelled but that has to be one of the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back