Live Search Club Thread *NO MACRO/BOT/RETURN FRAUD TALK*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RockyRan']I AM dropping them an E-mail. You telling me to be quiet isn't going to solve things either. There's still a shipping issue here, so stifling people isn't going to make the problem go away.[/QUOTE]
This is CAG not, "I care about your shipping problems" land. What the hell are we going to do about it?

[quote name='CMaher']saw this, didn't listen to it so dunno, but it reads rather nicely :)

http://clublivecall.googlepages.com/

still not sure that I believe any of this, since that means that they have to go through how many logs and figure out who was cheating and who wasn't?[/quote] I call BS until they start banning people left and right. So far it has only been one here and one there and most of them are lying out there butts.

[quote name='CMaher']saw this, didn't listen to it so dunno, but it reads rather nicely :)

still not sure that I believe any of this, since that means that they have to go through how many logs and figure out who was cheating and who wasn't?[/quote]

Seems like the biggest load of shit ever

Got me a Zune, LifeCam, LifeChat headset (one of each), Arcade Unplugged, 3X Xbox360 Controllers, Zune leather case and the Tote Bag...going for Zoo Tycoon now...

Bow lets see if any of them get here....if not i dont really care...

lol @ that blog. this one was funny.
Her: Microsoft has been watching them the whole time and they know what's been going on. They are going to shut down the people who have been cheating completely and shut down their computers so they can't do anything at all.

Yeah, right.

still not sure that I believe any of this, since that means that they have to go through how many logs and figure out who was cheating and who wasn't?[/quote]

Her: Microsoft has been watching them the whole time and they know what's been going on. They are going to shut down the people who have been cheating completely and shut down their computers so they can't do anything at all.

:rofl:

Yea I just emailed microsoft, this is all legit I guess. They said they've been hiding little spys in ALL computers with a microsoft OS so I guess thats how they know if you botted or not.

[quote name='chodax']Yea I just emailed microsoft, this is all legit I guess. They said they've been hiding little spys in ALL computers with a microsoft OS so I guess thats how they know if you botted or not.[/quote]
I found an image of the culprit.
inch_high.jpg

Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised to see them end the points system altogether. Microsoft probably allocated X number of dollars toward prizes, and now it'll just become part of their regular games. In which case I'll just go back to other online crosswords, that don't require logins to track what you're doing. OOH! And maybe some word searches WITH the word list, as I really enjoy them.

I heard they are deleting the site altogether and everyones accounts without shipping what they haven't shipped yet. RUN LITTLE ANTS, RUN!! hahaha

That phone call is BS. Even if it was true, that girl doesn't know what in the hell Microsoft is doing. All she knows is that she get payed 6.50$ and hour to answer phone calls and hand out cliched answers.

---------------------------------------------
Sorry, I was wrong about the puzzles completed thing.

there are small charges of C4 in all of our HD's. get ready for the end. gates has button on his car keys that is next to the trunk release that will detonate them.

[quote name='Access_Denied']That phone call is BS. Even if it was true, that girl doesn't know what in the hell Microsoft is doing. All she knows is that she get payed 6.50$ and hour to answer phone calls and hand out cliched answers.

---------------------------------------------
Sorry, I was wrong about the puzzles completed thing.[/quote]
Lucky for her, $7.25 is the new minimum wage ;)

[quote name='CMaher']where are all the posts asking us when the site will be back up?[/quote]
When will the site be back up?

Happy now? :razz:

[quote name='CMaher']very much so! :)

wait, minimum wage is 7.50? i'm getting screwed[/quote]
They just passed a bill for it not too long ago, not sure if its in effect yet though. Not sure if its $7.25 or $7.50 but sometime soon its supposed to take effect, unless its already in effect and your getting screwed.

EDIT: Nevermind, its not in effect yet, I just found it.

"On May 25, President Bush signed a spending bill that, among other things, amended the FLSA to increase the federal minimum wage in three steps: to $5.85 per hour effective July 24, 2007; to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008; and to $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009."

[quote name='life.exe']They just passed a bill for it not too long ago, not sure if its in effect yet though. Not sure if its $7.25 or $7.50 but sometime soon its supposed to take effect, unless its already in effect and your getting screwed.

EDIT: Nevermind, its not in effect yet, I just found it.

"On May 25, President Bush signed a spending bill that, among other things, amended the FLSA to increase the federal minimum wage in three steps: to $5.85 per hour effective July 24, 2007; to $6.55 per hour effective July 24, 2008; and to $7.25 per hour effective July 24, 2009."[/quote]
I don't know where you live, but as of July 1, 2007, the new minimum wage in Illinois is 7.50$.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm#Illinois

There's a link of the minimum wages in the US. I guess Illinois' is going to go up a quarter a year.

This is gay. I never use IE so when I was told it would work without it, it forced me to start using IE again. Then yesterday afternoon, I start getting Virus alerts. I kind of fixed it and then this mourning, even WORSE viruses and worms try attacking my computer. I remove it, reboot, and the SAME crap pops up again. I read the file that is being infected and find out its from IE.

Piece of **** M$ and their crappy browsers!! I'm sitting here trying to fix all this crap, wasting my damn time.

[quote name='nikelecious91']This is gay. I never use IE so when I was told it would work without it, it forced me to start using IE again. Then yesterday afternoon, I start getting Virus alerts. I kind of fixed it and then this mourning, even WORSE viruses and worms try attacking my computer. I remove it, reboot, and the SAME crap pops up again. I read the file that is being infected and find out its from IE.

Piece of **** M$ and their crappy browsers!! I'm sitting here trying to fix all this crap, wasting my damn time.[/quote]
At least you have virus protection. I'm still to lazy to download it. I never had to worry about it when I had Firefox, but NOOOOOOO, I have to IE. Microsoft should just buy a license from Firefox to make it the official browser of Windows, instead of IE.

I found an extension for Firefox called IE Tab. I'm pretty sure that it should work with club.live.com, but I can't test it, due to the site being down. But when the site is up, I'll post my results.

It's so easy to spot the fakes because everything says "Microsoft is going to X" when Incentive Logic is in charge of the whole thing. Its like saying Chevy is going to fine you for a speeding ticket.

[quote name='Foladar']lol @ that blog. this one was funny.

Yeah, right.[/quote]

yeah, but do you really think it's a good idea to play now while the site is "down" ?

and PLEASE don't talk about bots or scripts or hax or whatever the hell in here.

[quote name='Access_Denied']OK, I found out you can still player the games. Just go to:

http://club.live.com/GamePlay.aspx?page=xxxxxxx&mode=play

And replace the x's with the game name. And I found out that the IE tab thing DOES work, HOWEVER, LM doesn't work with it yet. So, either play legit, or use Parker's bot. Hopefully the creator of LM can fix this.[/quote]

But you won't recieve any points for doing it this way because you have to be logged into the club.live.com site in order for it to recognize that you are earning points. it will tell you 'points earned' at the end of each puzzle, but then it will prompt you to log in, in which it then takes you back to the 'under maintainence' page.

and regardless, there is no reason to play these games until people start getting high end prizes that they ordered after 6/24ish anyway (around when they first pulled vista) MS probably took the site down to do the math and see if it is worth the cost to ship anything, or just say "everyone cheated, all prizes from 6/22-current that have not shipped will not be shipped. Feel free to start over.

[quote name='WarriorDyke']But you won't recieve any points for doing it this way because you have to be logged into the club.live.com site in order for it to recognize that you are earning points. it will tell you 'points earned' at the end of each puzzle, but then it will prompt you to log in, in which it then takes you back to the 'under maintainence' page.[/quote]

unless u have ur account always signed in

what do you mean? and also, they didn't fix the leaderboards, people with point totals that they shouldn't have are still at the top.

[quote name='rockinaway247']"Microsoft may limit the quantity of Tickets or Rewards per Participant or per household"
-Part of ToS[/quote]

But, when I signed up, I didn't agree to THOSE ToS, I agreed to the OLD ones. So I don't have to pay attention to the new ones. And, I lost 11,525 tickets. :(

Microsoft reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or cancel the Program and shall have no liability as a result of such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Program.
From the ToS. You agree to any variation of the ToS at any time when it was modified. It doesn't matter if you agreed to the old ones first.

Oh yeah, and MS Office is back up...unless it was back up before the site temporarily shut down.

but you did agree to this

Microsoft reserves the right at any time to modify, suspend or cancel the Program and shall have no liability as a result of such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Program. Any changes Microsoft makes will be effective immediately on notice, which it may give either by posting the new Terms on the Program site at http://club.live.com ("Site") or via electronic mail. A Participant's participation in the Program after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. A Participant should review the Terms periodically to ensure his/her familiarity with the most current version. A Participant will always be able to tell when the version was last updated by checking the "Last Revised" date at the top of the Terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back