Lock Me Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='evanft']Man, the White Sox are beating the shit out of the Tigers right now.[/QUOTE]

The White Sox are too streaky. And the pitching (except Garland) sucked.

IMO, one of the Tigers' biggest problems right now is Leyland's reluctance to pull his pitchers when they're clearing having a bad night. I mean, Robertson allowed 7 runs before he pulled him. WTF?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']

C Tek
1B Youk (take that you rat bastard Gibson)
2B Loretta (unless you can get someone better, why trade him? Adam Kennedy is a possibility)
3B ? I don't see any of the minor leaguers getting called up, unless Pinckney has an outstanding camp (if he's invited at all) I don't see any better 3B on the market unless former Braves Betemit or Marte (not gonna happen) become expendable. It's Lowell again or Betemit IMO.
LF Unless Manny is Manny again, he's there.
CF I see a Juan Pierre signing...
RF Crisp. I don't see Nixon resigning unless it's going to be a platoon.
DH Do we really need to spell it out?
SP Shill
SP Beckett
SP Wakefield (must resign Mirabelli)
SP ? Clement?
SP ?
.[/quote]

couple things...It is highly unlikely that the sox will resign both alex gonsalez and loretta both free agents at the end of the year. Dustin pedroia will most likely be the 2b next year. Rumors are the ss target is julio lugo, and the fallback is gonsalez. As been stated willie mo pena will be the rf. I wouldn't be suprised if the moved lowell, and put youk back to his regular position at 3b. They have 2 guys in AAA that could come up in pena (former tiger player) and choi. (they might have let choi go, not sure) I highly doubt clement will be back in boston next year. There is nothing physically wrong with him according to the doctors, imo it is all mental. Complaining that his shoulder hurts when he throws. I also think lester and papblebon will be in the starting rotation. They do need to find a closer though. Also the sox didn't really want to trade for andrew jones, they wanted him to trade for oswalt, and the astro's needed offense, and the braves wanted young cheap solid prospects.

Willie Mo? Say it ain't so, he's way overrated. IMO he's sucked ever since the trade.

Didn't think about moving Youk to third. Good idea.

I think they are higher on A-Gone than Loretta, but damn if he isn't having a good year. IMO Lugo is also overrated. If I were the Red Sox, I'd keep both and pick up a good cheap 3B to platoon with Lowell (they've already agreed to pay his contract, no one else is going to want him). Good call on Lester (and the other kid) I forgot about.

BTW, Choi is crap. You heard it here first.

You're right, I just looked up the contract for Gonzalez, and Crisp too. I don't see Crisp back as I learned he got arbitration for this year.

I think crisp was signed to a contract extensions at the begining of the season. He filed for arbitration when he was with clevand, and the case had either just happened or shortly happened after the sox got him. I am pretty sure the new contract kicks in next year, like what they did with david ortiz contract. While willie mo hasn't played rf in fenway well, he has played very decent/above avg in the field away from fenway. Also besides the high K's which needs to be worked on, he is hitting for power and avg. He has about 200 ab, and is hitting around .300. I would rather have him bat 5th then youk which is currently happening. Pitchers will at least fear that pena will knock the shit out of the ball hitting behind manny.

Loretta is having a great year, but the sox don't want to sign him to a 3 - 4 year deal, which a player at his age will be looking for. I have no idea why the fuck they love lugo, who wants around 9mill a season. He hasn't proved he can play in boston, while gonsalez has played awsome in the field and has hit well. Supposedly gonsalez will resign for around 3 - 4mill a season, but wants a 3 - 4 year deal. While he is having a great season, maybe due to the wall in fenway but his history on offense is a little scary to lock up for a couple of years. But about 5 mill less the lugo, i don't know wtf the sox are thinking. Gonzo agent approaced boston a couple wks ago stating they wanted to resign for the numbers above and boston told him they don't negotiate in midseason. That is the kiss of death, as they signed ortiz (2x) cocco crisp and beckett to contract extensions mid season.

I am positive pedroia will be on the team with a starting job next season. He is currently on the team with alex gonzo on the dl. He played ss the first night, 2b last night and will be starting 2b tonight. Choi/pena may or may not make the team next year, but they only reason they would is if they move lowell and put youk at 3b. They have some young kid in either double a or single a that got a good long look at spring training. Maybe he might make it. I think with lowells season this year offensively and his history defensively, several teams will be willing to eat a large part of the contract. Not all of it, but a good deal of it.

Ummmm, i found a reliable source for Free Agents,Here are some of the people that most teams would like to pick up. Oh yeah, the teams could also still re-sign these people so this list is subject to change.(One other thing some are these players are going to retire, but the site didnt state most of the people who are going to retire.

-Moises Alou(OF)
-rod barajas(c)
-migeul batista(p)
-ronnie belliard(2b,OF)
-Barry Bonds(OF)he said that he wont move from the GIANTS.
-Craig biggio(2b)
-Mark beurhle(p)
-Jeromy Burnitz(rf)
-Mike camereon(OF)
-Sean Casey(1b)
-Roger Clemens(p)He's going to retire,5% chance he won't
-Franisico Cordero(RP)
-Jermaine Dye(RF)
-Jim Edmonds(CF)
-Carl everett(rf)
-Steve finley(CF)
-Cliff floyd(LF)
-Eric gagne(CL)
-Nomar Garciaparra(UTIL)
-Tom Glavine(SP)
-Luis Gonzalez(LF)
-Todd Hollandsworth(OF)..I think
-Torii Hunter(OF)
-Adam kennedy(2B)
-Ryan klesko(1B)
-Steve Kline(RP)
-Carlos lee(OF)
-Cory lidle(SP)
-Ted lilly(SP)
-Javy lopez(C)
-Mark loretta(2b)
-Julio lugo(ss,2b)
-Greg Maddux(SP)
-Jason marquis(sp)
-Gary matthews jr.(OF)
-Jose mesa(RP)
-Kevin millar(1b)
-Bengie molina(C)
-Mark mulder(SP)
-Mike mussina(SP)
-Troy percival(RP)
-Andy pettite(sp)
-Mike piazza(c)
-Juan Pierre(OF)
-Jason schmidt(SP)
-Gary Sheffield(RF)
-John Smoltz(SP)
-alfonso soriano(2b,OF)
-Frank Thomas(DH)
-Ron Villone(RP) my cousin bitchz : )
-Tim wakfield(SP,RP)
-Todd walker(1b)
-David weathers(rp)
-Jeff weaver(SP)
-David wells(sp)
-Bob Wickmen(CL)
-Kerry wood(SP) he's so-so. When hes healthy hes a great pitcher,but hes rarely healthy.
-Barry Zito(SP)

[quote name='assasin4hire']Ummmm, i found a reliable source for Free Agents,Here are some of the people that most teams would like to pick up. Oh yeah, the teams could also still re-sign these people so this list is subject to change.(One other thing some are these players are going to retire, but the site didnt state most of the people who are going to retire.

-Moises Alou(OF)
-rod barajas(c)
-migeul batista(p)
-ronnie belliard(2b,OF)
-Barry Bonds(OF)he said that he wont move from the GIANTS.
-Craig biggio(2b)
-Mark beurhle(p)
-Jeromy Burnitz(rf)
-Mike camereon(OF)
-Sean Casey(1b)
-Roger Clemens(p)He's going to retire,5% chance he won't
-Franisico Cordero(RP)
-Jermaine Dye(RF)
-Jim Edmonds(CF)
-Carl everett(rf)
-Steve finley(CF)
-Cliff floyd(LF)
-Eric gagne(CL)
-Nomar Garciaparra(UTIL)
-Tom Glavine(SP)
-Luis Gonzalez(LF)
-Todd Hollandsworth(OF)..I think
-Torii Hunter(OF)
-Adam kennedy(2B)
-Ryan klesko(1B)
-Steve Kline(RP)
-Carlos lee(OF)
-Cory lidle(SP)
-Ted lilly(SP)
-Javy lopez(C)
-Mark loretta(2b)
-Julio lugo(ss,2b)
-Greg Maddux(SP)
-Jason marquis(sp)
-Gary matthews jr.(OF)
-Jose mesa(RP)
-Kevin millar(1b)
-Bengie molina(C)
-Mark mulder(SP)
-Mike mussina(SP)
-Troy percival(RP)
-Andy pettite(sp)
-Mike piazza(c)
-Juan Pierre(OF)
-Jason schmidt(SP)
-Gary Sheffield(RF)
-John Smoltz(SP)
-alfonso soriano(2b,OF)
-Frank Thomas(DH)
-Ron Villone(RP) my cousin bitchz : )
-Tim wakfield(SP,RP)
-Todd walker(1b)
-David weathers(rp)
-Jeff weaver(SP)
-David wells(sp)
-Bob Wickmen(CL)
-Kerry wood(SP) he's so-so. When hes healthy hes a great pitcher,but hes rarely healthy.
-Barry Zito(SP)[/QUOTE]

Half the guys you posted will only get a small amount of interest from a few teams. Also, Bonds has stated multiple times that he would love to be a DH for a west coast AL team. He's also stated that he would love to stay with the Giants. Nowhere has he said that he would not play for any team besides the Giants because he knows that the Giants may not be interested in re-signing him.

[quote name='greendj27']Half the guys you posted will only get a small amount of interest from a few teams. Also, Bonds has stated multiple times that he would love to be a DH for a west coast AL team. He's also stated that he would love to stay with the Giants. Nowhere has he said that he would not play for any team besides the Giants because he knows that the Giants may not be interested in re-signing him.[/quote]

Why would only a few teams take half those guys?Most of them have been all-stars some time in the last 5 years and the ones who haven't are mostly in their first few years of being in the majors

[quote name='assasin4hire']Why would only a few teams take half those guys?Most of them have been all-stars some time in the last 5 years and the ones who haven't are mostly in their first few years of being in the majors[/QUOTE]

Just because someone was once an All-Star does not mean they still are. A lot of those guys are getting old and will have limited interest.

Add to it that Clemans isn't guaranteed to retire. He will most likely play next season the same way he did this season, and only pitch half of it. Why would you change something like that, where you work half a year and still make more than some players that have played all year. Thats easy money, especially since he works out like crazy in the off season.

[quote name='craven_fiend']And BP Milton showed up tonight. 2 long balls already.[/quote]

Yeah got lucky Winn has been slumping and Pete Happy came outta nowhere with that one. Freel made a T.O. esque catch, that was pretty fucking nice.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Yeah got lucky Winn has been slumping and Pete Happy came outta nowhere with that one. Freel made a T.O. esque catch, that was pretty fucking nice.[/quote]

I am not even watching it, just want to listen, as I'll throw the remote at the TV if I watch it.

The Reds blew their chance last night to tie St Louis, hopefully they don't tonight.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I am not even watching it, just want to listen, as I'll throw the remote at the TV if I watch it.

The Reds blew their chance last night to tie St Louis, hopefully they don't tonight.[/quote]

Well if you were watching it you could see how much I hate Shea "Ricky Ledee Jr"

[quote name='evanft']Man, the White Sox are beating the shit out of the Tigers right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the boys got their asses handed to them today.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I am not even watching it, just want to listen, as I'll throw the remote at the TV if I watch it.

The Reds blew their chance last night to tie St Louis, hopefully they don't tonight.[/QUOTE]

Nothing personal, but I'm hoping for a loss to bring the Brewers closer to the wild card.

the brewers blew their chance of winning the wild card when they traded carlos lee...They should've reworked that trade a little to get cordero and blalock...

[quote name='assasin4hire']the brewers blew their chance of winning the wild card when they traded carlos lee...They should've reworked that trade a little to get cordero and blalock...[/QUOTE]

The Rangers weren't willing to give up Blalock in the trade. Besides, if the Res lose tonight, the Brewers are only 3.5 games out. They still have a decent chance with the way they are playing lately. Hell, they are only 4.5 games out in the Central and St Louis is fading fast. Getting Cordero to solidy their bullpen was huge.

Bob Wickman will either retire, or resign with the Braves. Yeah I said it. Write it down, take a picture, send it to him.

If that list is correct, Buhrle (sp?) will sign for big money somewhere. I believe Glavine is due his 4th year option. Braves have a cheap club option on Smoltz. Soriano should resign with the Nats. Maddux will probably try and work something out with the Dodgers. I see Big Hurt signing on with another AL team, I don't think Oakland can afford him. (I see them actually resigning Zito)

As for the rest of the list, at least 2/3 is 'who the fuck cares?'

[quote name='greendj27']Nothing personal, but I'm hoping for a loss to bring the Brewers closer to the wild card.[/quote]
Oh I know Green, you are Brewers through and through. Hell I'd love to see the Brewers make the playoffs, if it means no Cards and the Reds are in too.

And I am glad I turned the game on last night Jin. Didn't turn it on until the 6th, and was I glad I did. I would've missed the fireworks. If only the Reds would play Ross every game, he deserves it already.

Edit: Oh yeah, back in first for the day atleast. And Encarnation (sp) is going to be huge for the Reds if they can keep him there.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Oh I know Green, you are Brewers through and through. Hell I'd love to see the Brewers make the playoffs, if it means no Cards and the Reds are in too.

And I am glad I turned the game on last night Jin. Didn't turn it on until the 6th, and was I glad I did. I would've missed the fireworks. If only the Reds would play Ross every game, he deserves it already.

Edit: Oh yeah, back in first for the day atleast. And Encarnation (sp) is going to be huge for the Reds if they can keep him there.[/quote]

I was on the verge of fucking puking to put it nicely, Hennesey goes out and kicks the crap out of the Reds line-up, the offense does the job with a solid 3 runs and then bam, are bullpen blows it. Kudos that that Ross kid, but I came home around 1 AM, and saw that the Giants lost, shitty way to go to bed, and now it's a shitty way to wake up.

[quote name='greendj27']Just because someone was once an All-Star does not mean they still are. A lot of those guys are getting old and will have limited interest.[/QUOTE]

yeah rep doesnt go a long way but all these guys wil be picked up one way or the other. i cant see guys like marquis or zito stay on the FA train for long. I hope the met get zito or try to get someone like marquis...it would be good to have him back.

[quote name='integralsmatic']yeah rep doesnt go a long way but all these guys wil be picked up one way or the other. i cant see guys like marquis or zito stay on the FA train for long. I hope the met get zito or try to get someone like marquis...it would be good to have him back.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply that they wouldn't find a team. I just meant that there aren't going to be a bunch of teams fighting over most of those guys, with a few exceptions.

[quote name='starman9000']Big series between the Sox and Twin's this weekend. I hope Cleveland can take a few from Detroi'[/quote]

Looks like you got your wish for the night. The stars are aligning for the Twins.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Looks like you got your wish for the night. The stars are aligning for the Twins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it didn't look good for a while, but Hunter has been on a tear. (or is it tare?) Also nice that the Yanks and Red Sox lost.

Well, hopefully this can continue for a few more. I don't like seeing Radke out so early though.

[quote name='greendj27']Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to imply that they wouldn't find a team. I just meant that there aren't going to be a bunch of teams fighting over most of those guys, with a few exceptions.[/QUOTE]

agreed with that.....with little marquee FAs on that list it will be a war for guys like soriano and zito. I think most of those guys on that list will resign for the same or a slightly higher salary.

[quote name='starman9000']Twins are looking good again, hopefully Santana can be himself.

Are there any WhiteSox fans here? Why do they boo so much?[/QUOTE]

It's because they weren't fans until last year after the Sox won the Series. Now they are back to their old ways.

[quote name='greendj27']It's because they weren't fans until last year after the Sox won the Series. Now they are back to their old ways.[/QUOTE]

I suppose that makes sense, it was just weird. They were booing hits in the first inning.

[quote name='evanft']Stupid fucking Tigers again.[/QUOTE]

Pretty nice that you guys built up such a huge lead, the Twins have been winning like crazy the past few months and are still back by 4.

when the fuck are the red sox going to learn that mike timlin hasn't been a good pitcher since 04? Last year his era was low, but he allowed over 50%, close to 60% of inherited runners to score. This year his era is horrible (after having it below 2.00 for most of the season) and he still is letting inherited runners score.

Giants take 3/4 from a joke of a team called the Reds.

Next up HotLanta which the Giants never do well in.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Dear Red Sox,
How the fuck did you just get swept by the Mariners?

Love,
Me

PS. fuck you.[/QUOTE]

Well, keep in mind that is the same team that was swept at home by the Yankees in a FIVE game series.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Giants take 3/4 from a joke of a team called the Reds.

Next up HotLanta which the Giants never do well in.[/quote]

Not really a joke of a team, just a bad weekend. But then again, if a bad weekend makes a team a joke, I guess the Giants are a joke too.

[quote name='ryanbph']well the yanks only won 1 in the series with seattle I think.[/quote]

Yeah, the Yanks won the finale of the series I believe. And since last the Massacre, the Yanks and Sox have only won 2 times each.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Not really a joke of a team, just a bad weekend. But then again, if a bad weekend makes a team a joke, I guess the Giants are a joke too.

Yeah, the Yanks won the finale of the series I believe. And since last the Massacre, the Yanks and Sox have only won 2 times each.[/quote]

Where the fuck did David Ross come from? Dude hit's .678 slugging % against the Giants, outta nowhere.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Where the fuck did David Ross come from? Dude hit's .678 slugging % against the Giants, outta nowhere.[/quote]

The Reds screw him over far too much. He should be their every day catcher, and yet he's lucky to be every other day. Had he played the entire series, it may have been a better outcome for the Reds.

And a joke of a team would be the Royals, Pirates, or Devil Rays.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The Reds screw him over far too much. He should be their every day catcher, and yet he's lucky to be every other day. Had he played the entire series, it may have been a better outcome for the Reds.

And a joke of a team would be the Royals, Pirates, or Devil Rays.[/quote]

Take out Pirates replace them with Cubs, fuck it, have both.

[quote name='craven_fiend']The Reds screw him over far too much. He should be their every day catcher, and yet he's lucky to be every other day. Had he played the entire series, it may have been a better outcome for the Reds.

And a joke of a team would be the Royals, Pirates, or Devil Rays.[/QUOTE]

yeah too bad Kazmir and Crawford are wasting their careers there...i would love to see Kaz back in a met uni and for him to spit in Jim Duquette or steve phillips face for dealing him...although maine and pelfry are coming along nicely...

I dont think the reds think he is stable enough to call a good game. He looks good offensively but lets see if he can consistently call good games. i also think they are waiting for Larue's contract to be up so then they could slot Ross as the everyday man. The Reds looks good for the future...dam cincy teams are on the up and up.

Nice to see the Diamondbacks playing so well against the Padres.

It puts me in an awkward position though, considering I'm from San Diego and a fan of the Padres as well. But when it's a game between those two teams, Go Diamondbacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back