-= Lockerz Prizes =- What Are You Getting? *No Referrals Allowed*

Haven't logged onto Lockerz in awhile, but I saw the redemption went live on Facebook about 4 seconds after they posted it, so logged in, missed out on a $50 BB gift card, but did snag a $50 Officemax gift card. Looks like I'll be able to put a decent dent in a new HD.

pointz are set to expire people

PTZ Expiration Update: As you know, PTZ expire a year from the month in which you earn them. However, since CONNECT and 24/7 redemption will launch soon, we want to give you the chance to put your PTZ to work for you. Therefore, we won't start to expire ANY PTZ until after these two features have launched (hint---it's REALLY soon:)).

24/7 is coming soon, and general redemptions (as we know them) are ending. We'd like to offer you the BIGGEST WEEK OF REDEMPTIONS EVER --- THREE general redemptions, with international AND U.S. friendly times...IF the membership can reach the BIGGEST PLAYER goal of 15 MILLION video watches in 3 days. Can you do it?8 hours, 57 minutes ago

hellz yeah 24/7 redemptions

[quote name='killer9']hellz yeah 24/7 redemptions[/QUOTE]

You've been a member of Lockerz long enough that you really should be able to anticipate just how disappointing the 24/7 redemption will be.

This site has been the biggest waste of time. I almost hope the make all my ptz expire soon so I don't have to waste more time on it thinking I could get something cheap on shop then increase their prices when I get close.

[quote name='killer9']most likely but atleast i will have a chance at sumthing unlike these general redemptions never get anything in those[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see everybody bitch when every item goes up like ten times when 24/7 happens.

But, it will be nice to dump off the rest of the ptz sitting in my account. I'll try to help get those 15,000,000 views (lol, that's really stretching it) but I've gotten much more than I would have expected out of the site, so it was nice.

I regret not buying the 720p LCD for cheap when they had the points low, now I have to wait for a glitch to come up in the system where they screw up the points and make them lower.

I was watching as many videos as possible and totaled up 98000 points, when I saw the tv listings come back I thought they were still going to be 98k.

24/7 Update: We're almost ready to launch Lockerz 24/7! It's taken a lot of hard work, planning and member feedback to shape the new program and we're excited to finally release yet another way for members to use their PTZ in addition to SHOP (up to 100% discounts) and surprise prize redemptions.

In the next couple of weeks, 24/7 will go live at PTZ Place which is our new prize bidding and redeem program. Every hour, we will launch new auctions for members on all your favorite redemption items, as well as new brands and Lockerz experiences. Every auction lasts 24 hours so that members across the globe can benefit. New auctions will launch EVERY HOUR, EVERY DAY, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Even better, NO reserve prices. -- iPads will start at 1 point! Excited? We are.

So Lockerz is ebay now well i wont be able to compete with the huger ptz totals but hopefully i can get sum free stuff

Basically only the people with 100k+ plus points will be able to participate in these auctions because they have more chances to win an item.
Im sure Lockerz benefits someway from this, I have a feeling its going to be like Beezid where everytime you place a bid you get charged for it, but in Lockerz terms, they will charge you an amount of points per bid.

Of course with 24/7 redemption there's a catch. The auctions are going to go to insane amounts, and unless there are a ton of prizes no one with less than 10k PTZ is getting anything.

They don't even show the number of people answering the Dailies anymore, but I remember it's gone from 200k to less than 100k. Couple that with the massive 15 million PLAY failure (they ended up with 5 million IIRC) and it looks like Lockerz is losing its membership. Sure they're probably still making tons of money on ads, bonus Daily questions, and whatever commission they get from SHOP, but the site is fast losing its appeal.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Of course with 24/7 redemption there's a catch. The auctions are going to go to insane amounts, and unless there are a ton of prizes no one with less than 10k PTZ is getting anything.

They don't even show the number of people answering the Dailies anymore, but I remember it's gone from 200k to less than 100k. Couple that with the massive 15 million PLAY failure (they ended up with 5 million IIRC) and it looks like Lockerz is losing its membership. Sure they're probably still making tons of money on ads, bonus Daily questions, and whatever commission they get from SHOP, but the site is fast losing its appeal.[/QUOTE]
In my opinion the 15 million PLAY thing was just a catch to attract people to view more videos, I knew it was going to be unreachable so they wanted people to waste away their points on viewing videos so that when TRIPLE POINTS happen, there will be less videos to watch and people wont be racking up the points.
The only base Lockerz has is SHOP, if they choose to take it out in the future the site is guaranteed to go down.

I hope they put up lots of giftcards for the 24/7 redemption, to be honest. I'm sure "terrible idea" and "fuck this shit, lockerz" will be tossed around frequently, but it's something you have to expect. They need to make money, and I'm sure there's some way they will get you, but I think the 24 hour auction format isn't too bad. It won't get stale waiting for days to see if you get out-bid, and hopefully they have a week or something where they put 2 or 3 items up per hour... But that's the thing... 24 items at any time for a user-base who actually use the site of a couple hundred thousand? That makes odds pretty shitty, to be honest.

Thinking about it more, what they probably are going to do is charge for shipping and handling for certain items, thats how they will make there money.

[quote name='killer9']well again the redemption screwed me i had 3 giftcards at the final stage only to be redirected to the prize page grrrrrr[/QUOTE]
They announced that there were some difficulties in redeeming the prizes and they said they were going to do it again.

Luckily I had just hit refresh as soon as General Redemption is live on the hallway

I tried to get a $50 Best Buy giftcard. Gone
I tried to get a $25 TGIF card. Gone

So I ended up getting a $10 McDonalds card, still waiting on confirmation though

Only time I ever got a prize was first redemption, got NHL 10 so I'm pleased with lockerz considering I only got dailypoints and no videos.

Auction will be a fail though

[quote name='AzzidReign']Thinking about it more, what they probably are going to do is charge for shipping and handling for certain items, thats how they will make there money.[/QUOTE]

Congrats! You called it!

How much is shipping?
During our beta period for 24/7, all shipping is free!

Looks like after beta, they're charging for shipping. Let's see how long beta lasts for, since the site was stuck in the beta phase for about a year or so...

[quote name='Vulgarism']Congrats! You called it!.[/QUOTE]
Yea I figured so I say shipping will probably cost around $4. That's if they want to be reasonable, if not then they will most likely be charging around $8.

i dont care i have 50000 ptz that i need to use so come on im gonna bid all of it on high end stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anybody else getting weird PTZ totals for videos? I got 12 for one video, and then 31 for two videos after that...

EDIT: done. Back to 4 ptz each again. Interesting...

Ahhh, intersting, I must have missed that. Thanks!!!

Anyways, FWB seems... Intersting, but I don't really have any friends who use Lockerz anymore anyways...

seems like a glitch or they upped the ptz value on the slider yesterday i could buy a slim xbox for 105 now i can get it for 62 cool wow i wish i had money right now i bet they are doing this to get people to waste there ptz before 24/7 hits

That could potentially be true. It'd be nicer for the people with a smaller number of PTZ, but it'd just be nice to dump the rest, get something half-way decent, and try to pack it up.

[quote name='killer9']I wanna use these before they expire just incase 24/7 is a bust[/QUOTE]

If you have over 50kptz I say keep them just in case.

24/7 is up as i figured the auction is insane way over bidding never have a chance with only 50k ptz

Oh man a 40in samsung hdtv damn it to hell i want it

how the beep can you have over 100000k points. I swear these losers probably spend 24/7 watching videos. I guess I will wait it out for a few weeks see if we get prices to lower once the top ppl use up their points. LOL at 55000 for halo reach. just fucking buy it for like 15 bucks with those points

I cannot compete for anything 50k ptz is not enough i personally believe lockerz is driving up these bids with false bids who is paying 60k+ ptz for 3 months of live

[quote name='killer9']I cannot compete for anything 50k ptz is not enough i personally believe lockerz is driving up these bids with false bids who is paying 60k+ ptz for 3 months of live[/QUOTE]

lol. true. I will just buy the wallpaper every 30 days to get into the bonus redeptions

[quote name='killer9']it is like lockerz has an auto bidder that bids 4 more ptz the instant i bid on anything[/QUOTE]
I haven't bid on anything at all but if that's how it is, it's playing the same game as Beezid, whenever you bid they have an auto bidder that will always outbid you.

I love popping my head in the thread and checking out Lockerz every couple months.

Seriously? Auctions now? Well, those 3000 points I have been sitting on for, what, a year aren't much help, not that they ever were.

But, hey - halloween themed videos are 31 points, so I should be able to stock up, right? Nope, because of the five videos I have tried to watch so far, only 1 of them (the Dailies, of course) had a captcha come up; the rest just stopped at a black screen at the end of the video.

They are a business and are trying to make money - but I am consistently surprised each time I log in (after long inactivity, granted) by what they've changed. Seriously, I would use shop if the discounts were actually worth anything. I can watch most of the same videos anywhere else anyway - so why should I help Lockerz's ad revenue?

But mostly, I'm disappointed that their Facebook discussion page is gone. That was quite entertaining...

my ptz give me a great discount on hdtvs and game consoles but im wary using my credit card on lockerz may just go with pre paid debit

[quote name='killer9']my ptz give me a great discount on hdtvs and game consoles but im wary using my credit card on lockerz may just go with pre paid debit[/QUOTE]
I've used my credit card on Lockerz about 3 times now and nothing fishy has happened.

Haha nice to know my 4k PTZ are worthless.

SHOP? Everything scales exponentially, and "125 PTZ for 25% off" applies to the most expensive item. Regular prices are high and their "discounts" mean nothing (because it scales).

24/7? Uh yeah 100k, not happening. Good to see a TV going for fewer PTZ than an iPad though.

[quote name='killer9']well just won a 50dollar bestbuy gift card in the auction but i have bidders remorse[/QUOTE]

Congrats, better than nothing eh? You could have that those ptz for a few more months and then had em disappear. Now you at least have a huge dent in a new game or a few dollars down to a new HD or something!

[quote name='killer9']well just won a 50dollar bestbuy gift card in the auction but i have bidders remorse[/QUOTE]

How many points did you get that for?

i bid 50956 ptz but they only took 46000 so how that happened thing is i was given 80 dollars to buy the new xbox an hour later ptz gone i was not expecting to win the bid

welp been 2 weeks since my auction win still no 50 dollar bestbuy gift card they approved me on the 26th they said 5 business days hmm sent 3 emails no reply i kinda want my ptz back if they are not going to send my card

when did the shop/wallpaper redemption happen. it was suppose to happen friday but they never update or alerted us. I didnt get in but was curious why no more speical redemptions since i got something everytime. now I dont know the times or when they are since they dont alert us

bread's done
Back