Looting in New Orleans

[quote name='bostonfrontier']that makes no sense at all....... so its ok to kill someone as long as they have life insurance cause their families will get the insurance money??DAMF[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous, walmart (or even you or I) could likely replace any goods we lost, the same can't be said for your idiotic comparison.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That's ridiculous, walmart (or even you or I) could likely replace any goods we lost, the same can't be said for your idiotic comparison.[/QUOTE]

no, the post that I quoted is ridiculous....... you're dealing with semantics now buddy....... and who sets the standards anyways,huh.........you????

I have not read all 100 post but will say this. The people that are looting are dumbasses. why the fuck would you steal flat screens and dvds that are soaked in water you can not play them as there is no power. I am going to get flamed for this but here goes. All the videos I have seen are 100% black people sdoing the looting they are the same ones crying race is reson they are not getting help(hell with the millions of others). They should use marshall law and shoot every fucker dead caught looting!

[quote name='evilmojo12542']I am going to get flamed for this but here goes. All the videos I have seen are 100% black people sdoing the looting they are the same ones crying race is reson they are not getting help(hell with the millions of others).[/QUOTE]

hmmm, since i saw only black people looting, they must be the only race doing it!!!

:roll:

edit: i can understand and sympathize with the first few sentences that you wrote, but the second part was unnecessary. are you implying that only blacks are looting? and that all of them are doing it? if not, you shouldn't even have added it into your paragraph.

edit2: new orleans community is mostly made up of black people (68% according to this website http://neworleans.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm). during the riots in los angeles, i saw mostly latino people looting. it doesn't mean that they were the only one's doing it and it doesn't accurately represent their whole community.

[quote name='evilmojo12542']...They should use marshall law and shoot every fucker dead caught looting![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you can't even use physical force to defend yourself against a home invasion under "normal" circumstances without fear of being sued by said invader. Imagine the scandal that would result if your idea went into effect and someone innocent (store owner or employee, etc.) got mistakenly shot and/or killed.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Unfortunately, you can't even use physical force to defend yourself against a home invasion under "normal" circumstances without fear of being sued by said invader. Imagine the scandal that would result if your idea went into effect and someone innocent (store owner or employee, etc.) got mistakenly shot and/or killed.[/QUOTE]

you are correct and that is sad! we can not even defend ourselfs against this without getting sued. but what other options are there currently? there are no jails to put them in. I saw on tv yesterday where a looter was told to put product back by a cop and he shot the cop in the head. at some point our goverment/millitary has to take controll and put a end to this crap.

man, its been 4 days now, I can't believe this situation is still going on....... how long will this go on? a week? a month?........ it kills me to see all of this going on

You know what burns my ass......a whole lot of people are throwing blame at the government for these people suffering......SHUT THE fuck UP.....thats all I want to say. This will be known as the Worst Hurricane is US History when this is done and people blame the government for not being faster. They even think its a racial issue now because mostly poor black people are left to suffer. Do you think if they were Whites it would be better for them. People need to get some perspective on this situation before they blame anyone

[quote name='lowgear26']You know what burns my ass......a whole lot of people are throwing blame at the government for these people suffering......SHUT THE fuck UP.....thats all I want to say. This will be known as the Worst Hurricane is US History when this is done and people blame the government for not being faster. They even think its a racial issue now because mostly poor black people are left to suffer. Do you think if they were Whites it would be better for them. People need to get some perspective on this situation before they blame anyone[/QUOTE]

very well said!!!!!!!!!! Everyone is in this mess and should help eachother. All I was saying is the government/millitary should step in end put a end to the looting crap. all looting does is make it harder in the end to recover. All these looters that have had there faces plastered on tv's around country should think about future. Who is going to hire a known looter? Cops have your picture and will catch up soon or later. is it worth it in the end HELL NO

[quote name='lowgear26']Do you think if they were Whites it would be better for them?[/QUOTE]

Well now that you mention it, there were several threads discussing how much press that one missing white chick in Aruba was getting. . . :D

Some people dont realize how FUBAR the Gulf Coast area is. The fact is If these people were in any other country they would have a hell of a lot less chance to survive at all. Its unfortunate to even think like that but its true and the Death toll will Shock the world when its all said and done...... and Not that I want to compare this to 9-11 but It will be more than Sept 11th and that is probably the magic number people need to see before they realize how bad this Situation really is.

I wonder how many of these people stayed back for this scenario specifically. I mean if they were gauranteed a 100% chance that they would die if they stayed I bet they would have evacuated. I suspect half of them stayed behind knowing they would have a great chance to shop for free.
Scum like that is only dragging our society down. They should be shot on sight if they are caught with anything besides toilet paper,food,water. Noone would miss them.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That's ridiculous, walmart (or even you or I) could likely replace any goods we lost, the same can't be said for your idiotic comparison.[/QUOTE]
stealing is stealing no matter what way you look at it...If I stole from wal mart I should get the same punishment, if I stole something from you. Stealing a tv, electronical gadgets, or anything that won't help you survive is wrong.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']no, the post that I quoted is ridiculous....... you're dealing with semantics now buddy....... and who sets the standards anyways,huh.........you????[/QUOTE]

The difference between stealing and killing is a lot more than semantics.

[quote name='ryanbph']stealing is stealing no matter what way you look at it...If I stole from wal mart I should get the same punishment, if I stole something from you. Stealing a tv, electronical gadgets, or anything that won't help you survive is wrong.[/QUOTE]

But the effect on the victim is very different. Basically they're both wrong, but the added psychological aspect of stealing from a person makes that one more damaging.

[quote name='lowgear26']You know what burns my ass......a whole lot of people are throwing blame at the government for these people suffering......SHUT THE fuck UP.....thats all I want to say. This will be known as the Worst Hurricane is US History when this is done and people blame the government for not being faster. They even think its a racial issue now because mostly poor black people are left to suffer. Do you think if they were Whites it would be better for them. People need to get some perspective on this situation before they blame anyone[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch of articles here http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64721 that show why the government has blame in this. Also, they seem a step behind whenever they actually do things. Basically, even if you don't blame anything on them now, they're doing an average job at best.

But you have people dying and near death in the convention center due to dehydration, how this could be anything but poorly handled is beyond me. 4 days and we can't any get water or food in there. I'm not saying even that we should have met the need, but something. And only recently places have begun mobilizing national guard troops.

Most of what I've read suggests that the people in the dome have mostly been cooperative and supportive of each other. Most aren't causing problems there.

TONY ZUMBADO: I've gotta tell you, I thought I'd seen it all, but just when you think you've seen it all, you go into another situation and you see something horrific. I've never seen anything in my life like this. ... I can't put it into words the amount of destruction that is in this city and how these people are coping. They are just left behind. There is nothing offered to them. No water, no ice, no C-rations, nothing, for the last four days.

They were told to go to the convention center. They did, they've been behaving. It's unbelievable how organized they are, how supportive they are of each other. They have not started any mêlées, any riots ... they just want food and support. And what I saw there I've never seen in this country.

We need to really look at this situation at the convention center. It's getting very very crazy in there and very dangerous. Somebody needs to come down with a lot of food and a lot of water. There's no hostility there ... they need support. These people are very desperate. I saw two gentlemen die in front of me because of dehydration. I saw a baby near death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9160710

It disgust me that politics are always brought into this......you people fucking suck! Do you realize how big this Hurricane was? Have you seen how its leveled the Gulf Coast? You have to Mobilize troops....gather Vehicles......gather food/Water/blankets...yada...yada. Im not saying that the Government is doing great but to place blame is just ignorant. Logistics is a big term that people need to realize the defenition of. This is just a massive operation and as Much as I hate the Government and Hate Bush.....I wont criticize them at this point because at least we have a government that can help....go to Russia and have a disater like this and see what help they give you......you wouldnt like it

[quote name='lowgear26']It disgust me that politics are always brought into this......you people fucking suck! Do you realize how big this Hurricane was? Have you seen how its leveled the Gulf Coast? You have to Mobilize troops....gather Vehicles......gather food/Water/blankets...yada...yada. Im not saying that the Government is doing great but to place blame is just ignorant. Logistics is a big term that people need to realize the defenition of. This is just a massive operation and as Much as I hate the Government and Hate Bush.....I wont criticize them at this point because at least we have a government that can help....go to Russia and have a disater like this and see what help they give you......you wouldnt like it[/QUOTE]

Read the articles, significantly cut funding for research and development for improvements of the system in place to be able to deal with future hurricanes in new orleans. A minor hurricane almost overwhelmed the system in place. Repeated warnings before and after that a sizeable hurricane would be devastating, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency ranked it in the 3 most likely disasters to occur in the u.s. in early 2001 (the others being a sanfrancisco earthquake and a terrorist attack in new york).

Would the above have helped? The funding was likely cut too late to make a difference. But the warnings had long been there and little was done, and later nothing was being done.

The issue on the ground is the government is doing less than anyone would have expected and moving much to slowly. If the government doesn't mobilize troops, gather food, supplies etc. until 4 days after, there's a problem. The size of the disaster should have made them mobilize faster, as the areas which weren't hit would be the mobilization.

There's also the issue of our reluctance to allow people to help. Canada seems pretty intent (as well as many other countries) on sending supplies and workers, but we seem to be dragging our feet.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Read the articles, significantly cut funding for research and development for improvements of the system in place to be able to deal with future hurricanes in new orleans. A minor hurricane almost overwhelmed the system in place. Repeated warnings before and after that a sizeable hurricane would be devastating, and the Federal Emergency Management Agency ranked it in the 3 most likely disasters to occur in the u.s. in early 2001 (the others being a sanfrancisco earthquake and a terrorist attack in new york).

Would the above have helped? The funding was likely cut too late to make a difference. But the warnings had long been there and little was done, and later nothing was being done.

The issue on the ground is the government is doing less than anyone would have expected and moving much to slowly.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you will blame the Government when the next big Quake destroys Cities in California.........its not like they have unlimited resources in this country......its so easy to sit back and Second-guess when an event happens and its boggles my mind how your mind works. What is the govt supposed to do...predict the future? I said in another post that Logistics is a word people should look into......It will answer your problem of speed and the help not coming fast enough

[quote name='lowgear26']I suppose you will blame the Government when the next big Quake destroys Cities in California.........its not like they have unlimited resources in this country......its so easy to sit back and Second-guess when an event happens and its boggles my mind how your mind works. What is the govt supposed to do...predict the future? I said in another post that Logistics is a word people should look into......It will answer your problem of speed and the help not coming fast enough[/QUOTE]

Not a very difficult future to predict when everyone is warning you that this is likely to happen if a hurricane hits, and not only do you ignore those warnings but you cut funding that was intended to minimize damage. As it is, the place is below sea level and sinking. Read this article http://www.hurricane.lsu.edu/_in_the_news/houston.htm, there's many more but that sums it up pretty well. And it was written in 2001.

It the government found that there was minimal protection against earthquakes in a major city that was very likely to have earthquakes, and decided to significantly cut funding that could improve earthquake resistance, despite repeated warnings. If that were to happen, then yes they should have some blame.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Not a very difficult future to predict when everyone is warning you that this is likely to happen if a hurricane hits, and not only do you ignore those warnings but you cut funding that was intended to minimize damage. As it is, the place is below sea level and sinking. Read this article http://www.hurricane.lsu.edu/_in_the_news/houston.htm, there's many more but that sums it up pretty well. And it was written in 2001.[/QUOTE]

Ive read and heard this for the last 2 days......have you seen some of these towns on the coast......they were leveled.....why didnt we build barriers in all coastal cities in Hurricane zones......its just not possible. I realize New Orleans was high Risk but again...how do you know when this will happen and how do you know if they wouldve been saved if they were funded better? All you are doing is making assumptions about "what ifs" and you cant run a business or government with that kind of thinking.

[quote name='lowgear26']Ive read and heard this for the last 2 days......have you seen some of these towns on the coast......they were leveled.....why didnt we build barriers in all coastal cities in Hurricane zones......its just not possible. I realize New Orleans was high Risk but again...how do you know when this will happen and how do you know if they wouldve been saved if they were funded better? All you are doing is making assumptions about "what ifs" and you cant run a business or government with that kind of thinking.[/QUOTE]

But the issue with new orleans was the levees broke, not the hurricane itself.

This isn't a case where you can look back and say "we did everything we could", as extremely little was being done.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']But the issue with new orleans was the levees broke, not the hurricane itself.

This isn't a case where you can look back and say "we did everything we could", as extremely little was being done.[/QUOTE]

that may be true but the blame has to be on everyone and not just the government. State officials shouldve tried harder.....residents shouldve tried harder.....to blame one agency is wrong

[quote name='lowgear26']that may be true but the blame has to be on everyone and not just the government. State officials shouldve tried harder.....residents shouldve tried harder.....to blame one agency is wrong[/QUOTE]

State officials did complain when funding was cut, not much else they can do since the federal government was in charge of it. I don't see what residents could have done. Louisiana is a very poor state anyway.

When are people going to understand that people, government, and countries are RE-active and not PRO-active. This concerns everything from hurricane prevention to smoking to obesity to driving gas guzzling SUVs to terrorism. Many don't quit smoking or over-eating until they have serious health problems. People don't stop driving SUVs until gas prices hit $3 a gallon (geez I hope).

And as for terrorism...

If airports had suddenly cracked down on security in the 90s there would be an uproar from people who would have found it to be an over-reaction and a huge hassle to their travelling convenience. It may (and I stress may) have stopped September 11th, but we'll never know.

The real reason is that business can't afford to be pro-active in a competitive market because they will lose money. I know from being in management myself that you will get nothing done unless it a) has proven ROI or b) has proven ROI. (ROI is return-on-investment for those of you who don't know).

Politics work the same way. In politics, ROI transfers into votes and campaign contributions. Instead of profits, politicians function on power.

And moreover for hurricanes...

The problem is that being PRO-active is often difficult and is sometimes a gamble.
In the realm of politics somebody (on booth sides) is always bitching about funds being mis-managed. If there had been tons of dough thrown at the Gulf Coast for flood prevention and hurricane crisis management, people in Wyoming would be bitching about the waste of money in LA and that they need money to keep Yosemite park open. And if nothing happens in the Gulf Coast with all the money that would be spent, the people bitching will win.

It just so happens that there was a big storm that kinda messed up things, so now people are bitching about how funds were cut and the finger pointing begins.

I say we focus on the sure things that definitely require being PRO-active. Things that all Americans need: Education, Affordable Healthcare, Jobs, and Defense. Since you can't really get an education or a job in New Orleans right now, we'll have to start from square one there. The government gambled on having to be RE-active and they lost this one. Some will say they lost with Iraq. Whatever you think, we at least have the option to vote the current batch of idiots out so a new batch of idiots can take their place :)

The only thing I would loot is a Springfield A303, and then I would sit on my porch, and watch the looters try...because with my luck, id be going to town at the local best buy...while some low life was going to town on my house

[quote name='JimmieMac']Black people hate black people too.[/QUOTE]

So, that's why they refer to themselves as that.

Watch out for a CAG that just now got a lot of stuff to trade that has some WATER damage on some items and multi-copies of many games. You might of seen him on TV.

[quote name='azel']When are people going to understand that people, government, and countries are RE-active and not PRO-active. This concerns everything from hurricane prevention to smoking to obesity to driving gas guzzling SUVs to terrorism. Many don't quit smoking or over-eating until they have serious health problems. People don't stop driving SUVs until gas prices hit $3 a gallon (geez I hope).

And as for terrorism...

If airports had suddenly cracked down on security in the 90s there would be an uproar from people who would have found it to be an over-reaction and a huge hassle to their travelling convenience. It may (and I stress may) have stopped September 11th, but we'll never know.

The real reason is that business can't afford to be pro-active in a competitive market because they will lose money. I know from being in management myself that you will get nothing done unless it a) has proven ROI or b) has proven ROI. (ROI is return-on-investment for those of you who don't know).

Politics work the same way. In politics, ROI transfers into votes and campaign contributions. Instead of profits, politicians function on power.

And moreover for hurricanes...

The problem is that being PRO-active is often difficult and is sometimes a gamble.
In the realm of politics somebody (on booth sides) is always bitching about funds being mis-managed. If there had been tons of dough thrown at the Gulf Coast for flood prevention and hurricane crisis management, people in Wyoming would be bitching about the waste of money in LA and that they need money to keep Yosemite park open. And if nothing happens in the Gulf Coast with all the money that would be spent, the people bitching will win.

It just so happens that there was a big storm that kinda messed up things, so now people are bitching about how funds were cut and the finger pointing begins.

I say we focus on the sure things that definitely require being PRO-active. Things that all Americans need: Education, Affordable Healthcare, Jobs, and Defense. Since you can't really get an education or a job in New Orleans right now, we'll have to start from square one there. The government gambled on having to be RE-active and they lost this one. Some will say they lost with Iraq. Whatever you think, we at least have the option to vote the current batch of idiots out so a new batch of idiots can take their place :)[/QUOTE]

Well, they had a program in place which they cut. That's proactively reactive I guess ;) .

And when you have numerous warnings but don't listen, don't be suprised when you start getting blamed.

man, they cut a few million on those programs ........... but this even is gonna cost billions for the government.......... way to save money

Federal response called `a national disgrace'

BY TAMARA LYTLE

The Orlando Sentinel

WASHINGTON - (KRT) - Rage and resentment reached a crescendo Thursday among victims of Hurricane Katrina who felt the federal government had abandoned them at their most desperate moment.

Bush administration officials acknowledged the anger but said they were moving as quickly as possible to mobilize thousands of troops and other personnel to the area.

Critics were in no mood for excuses, though, as New Orleans slid further into chaos - with people literally dying in the streets, snipers taking shots at relief workers and hunger spreading throughout the area.

Terry Ebbert, head of New Orleans' emergency operations, called the response from the Federal Emergency Management Agency "a national disgrace."

"FEMA has been here three days, yet there is no command and control," Ebbert said. "We can send massive amounts of aid to tsunami victims but we can't bail out the city of New Orleans."

The two scenes - calm, reassuring reaction in Washington and seething anger and fear along the Gulf Coast - showed the stark disconnect between the hopelessness of a dying city and the reaction of those who were being asked to help.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/12537562.htm

[quote name='miniarnold']I do not understand this rationale at all. Why would you shoot the people that are trying to help you?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps the rescue workers had journalists with them (cameras, etc.) or were simply witnesses to further looting. The looters had more property yet to steal and didn't want more and more potential witnesses coming in. :D

if the media can get into these areas to watch the looters etc. then why the fuck can the relief workers with aremed national guard people get in with food,water,medicine? for that matter maybe the media should be trying to get supplies in since they seem to have no problems. Who ever is in charge of this relief effort fucked up big time as nothing is working

[quote name='zzl365']Come on, what else could he mean by "type?" Did he mean the "type" that like long walks on the beach? How would he know anything about these people besides what they look like? I didn't know that each of the looters had a personality questionairre after they were captured on camera. This guy is clearly being racist, especially with his notice how they all look the same comment. Of course many of the looters are low class individuals, so are all criminals. But don't you think that there are so many black looters partially because there is a large black population in New Orleans? Don't you think that maybe there are a lot of black looters, because many of the poorer neighborhoods are primarilly black? Which means the people in these neighborhoods were less likely to be able to get out of the area, as they were less likely to have a car or less likely to be able to afford a hotel, etc. The point is that the fact that they are looters has nothing to do with the fact that they are black, but for some reason Bostonfrontier is intent on trying to convince people otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Great point and Brian Williams said the exact same thing last night on NBC News. A lot of the people looting are lower class and they did not have transportation to leave. A lot of them did not want to leave the few possesions of value that they have. The looting of material possesions is stupid however if a natural disaster hit a rural area such as North or South Dakota you would see the same thing.

[quote name='musha666']I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.[/QUOTE]

That's so true, people are too quick to play that defense. It just amazes me the supposed desire we all supposedly have for race not to be an issue, yet nobody is willing to let it just die. If he meant it racist, set the better example, be the better person, if you keep laughing at a child telling daddy to fuck off because it's cute....guess what, he's gonna keep doing it.

Personally I don't know exactly what he meant, maybe it was because they were "black", maybe he meant low lifes, doesn't matter what race they are. When I see them doing it on TV, first thing I think of is low life theif bastards. People are shooting at rescue attempts?! There are people down there who need the help badly, and they are SHOOTING!

And yes, it's sad what the people who stayed are going though, I've actually had trouble sleeping just thinking about it, but the people looting TVs and DVD players and such should be very harshly dealt with. The suffering they are going through is terrible, but it doesn't give them a free card to outright theft.
If they would stop thinking only about themselves, things might be able to work better and faster.

[quote name='shieryda']I found a picture of a dude wading through waist-deep water and sewage floating a cooler full of Heineken's...

Hope he can drink them piss-warm![/QUOTE]

When its all you got, you wont even notice... have drunk many warm and hot beers in my time...

[quote name='lionheart4life']Why aren't other countries giving billions and billions of dollars and sending over all of their relief staff like we did with that tsunami?[/QUOTE]

Because you don't read the news.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...s_mixed_signals_on_accepting_aid_from_abroad/

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/09/02/russaid.shtml

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEH20050902034715&Page=H&Title=Top+Stories&Topic=0

There are stories elsewhere, of course.

Finally, if you can't recall what our initial offer to the tsunami victims was (which left 200,000 dead and millions displaced and ravaged), http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6762079/

[quote name='azel']When are people going to understand that people, government, and countries are RE-active and not PRO-active. This concerns everything from hurricane prevention to smoking to obesity to driving gas guzzling SUVs to terrorism. Many don't quit smoking or over-eating until they have serious health problems. People don't stop driving SUVs until gas prices hit $3 a gallon (geez I hope).

[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='kittie']So, that's why they refer to themselves as that.[/QUOTE]

That's what a lot of ignorant people do. I never refer to myself or anyone else as one, it's ignorant. When the n-word became a casual greeting it really was one of the worst things that could have ever happened.

in my opinon..if theyr carrying food and diapers, let them be..if theyr taking tvs sneakers, clothes (footlockers being looted left and right) .SHOOT ON SIGHT

A death penalty for any even suspected of looting sounds kind of harsh.

What if someone puts their stuff in a contractor bag or cardboard box to try and take it with them? If soldiers see someone running with a trash bag and a TV or shoe box, they will kill them.

[quote name='mykevermin']Because you don't read the news.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...s_mixed_signals_on_accepting_aid_from_abroad/

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2005/09/02/russaid.shtml

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEH20050902034715&Page=H&Title=Top+Stories&Topic=0

There are stories elsewhere, of course.

Finally, if you can't recall what our initial offer to the tsunami victims was (which left 200,000 dead and millions displaced and ravaged), http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6762079/[/QUOTE]

Thanks, you're right I actually haven't been reading the news and I'm pleasantly surprised that there is proof to prove me wrong. They haven't been talking much about this on the news on TV though strangely, or maybe I just missed it.

[quote name='greydemise']in my opinon..if theyr carrying food and diapers, let them be..if theyr taking tvs sneakers, clothes (footlockers being looted left and right) .SHOOT ON SIGHT[/QUOTE]

Seriously, aren't there more important things to worry about down there (i.e. getting food and drinking water down there, saving and evacuating victims, etc.) than whether or not a few people are stealing something from Wal*Mart?

[quote name='musha666']I think its funny how the first thing YOU think he meant was something racist. Maybe you have a little in you?

And even if by 'type' he meant black people. Who cares, they are black people doing it. Nothing racist about that.

The mayor gave permission to peopel to protect their property any way they can. So hopefully more than a few looters end up floating down the flood waters and become gator food.[/QUOTE]

there was a letter to the editor today about media focusing almost solely on black people looting, that they should focus on looters of all races, even though their actions were despicable. the fact is, most of the looters are the poorer people, which inevitably are the blacks. i thought the same thing the second poster thought, but the OP clarified.

My feeling is this on the subject of looting during this situation: What do you expect to happen when people are stranded and desperate? This is one of the poorest parts of the United States. Also, people that can't afford most of these things when given the chance take what they can take what they think is valuable even when there isn't any power or need for it now.

The only looting that was worth doing is getting into stores that have food and drinks that can help you to survive anything else is worthless to you at this point.

bread's done
Back