LOST SEASON 2 Topic board

[quote name='Greetard']Oh. I blanked; I thought I remembered the guy on the video calling the program "swan."

But that still doesn't explain how it logically ties into the "disease" that dummy made up.[/QUOTE]

they been talking about "the sickness" ever since season 1 ... where have you been. Even the french lady said the other members of her team came down with the sickness

now what is that sickness noone seems to know

ALSO on a side note... how do we know those people down in the bunker didnt push the button once and that destoryed the plane???

rememeber its a huge magnet and that could rip a plane in half right out of the sky... look at the boat that beached itself that was made of metal as well.. something just to think about.

remember the plane just ripped in half for no reason.. a powerful magnet could probally ripped it in half (front half passed though before the magnet was turned on?????????????/

o and another thing on the stick

Remember the saying ...........speak softly and carry a big stick ..... maybe that has something to do with it

[quote name='slidecage']look at the boat that beached itself that was made of metal as well.. something just to think about.[/QUOTE]

That :wall: boat :wall: was :wall: made :wall: of :wall: wood.

[quote name='Ledhed']That :wall: boat :wall: was :wall: made :wall: of :wall: wood.[/QUOTE]

wasnt there another boat made of metal??? maybe the french womans boat.

still though the point of the magnet ripping the plane in half still could of happened.

did that guy charlie kill did they ever confirm that he was one of the others.. How do we know that wasnt the other guy from the bunker

[quote name='slidecage']wasnt there another boat made of metal??? maybe the french womans boat.[/QUOTE]
I gotta admit slidecage, your posts in this thread aren't nearly as bad as people are saying nor are they as bad as your normal posts everywhere else.

Yeah, the French woman's research boat was (most likely) metal since it was something like 14 years ago they crashed. They weren't drawn in by a magnet though IIRC. They received transmissions of the number, which drew them to the island and they hit a rockshelf/coral reef that stranded them. Or something like that. She was pretty clear also that "the others" had some sort of sickness, which her crew members somehow acquired, forcing her to kill them.

And I can't imagine how Ana-Lucia could possibly become likeable. Unless the "sickness" suddenly morphs her back into Shannon. Or they write a storyline in which some sort of sacrifice is involved that brings Shannon back in return for Ana-Lucia's death. I'd shoot her if I was on the island.

I still don't like Ana-Lucia despite finding out about her background story.

And the tease for next week is so very intriguing.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I still don't like Ana-Lucia despite finding out about her background story.

And the tease for next week is so very intriguing.[/QUOTE]

I also still don't like her. So she killed someone in cold blood as a cop and that's suposed to make us like her ? Um, no.

[quote name='slidecage']they been talking about "the sickness" ever since season 1 ... where have you been. Even the french lady said the other members of her team came down with the sickness

now what is that sickness noone seems to know

ALSO on a side note... how do we know those people down in the bunker didnt push the button once and that destoryed the plane???

rememeber its a huge magnet and that could rip a plane in half right out of the sky... look at the boat that beached itself that was made of metal as well.. something just to think about.

remember the plane just ripped in half for no reason.. a powerful magnet could probally ripped it in half (front half passed though before the magnet was turned on?????????????/

o and another thing on the stick

Remember the saying ...........speak softly and carry a big stick ..... maybe that has something to do with it[/QUOTE]

There's one problem with your airplane theory. The trajectory of the fall is all wrong. The plane was probably traveling at around 400 MPH (rough estimate) and fell from around 30,000 ft. If the magnet in the bunker ripped it apart then it would have fallen to earth many miles away from the hatch and I get the impression that, while the island is big, its not that big and the hatch isn't that far from the coast. Furthermore, the plane fell in 2 parts on the island, the upper section we were originally following and the tail section which was just recently introduced. The tail section fell on the other side of the island which would be on the other side of the hatch from the main survivors. While I think we'll find out what ripped the plane apart eventually, it almost certainly could not be the magnet in the bunker.

what was up with all those Faces flashing in the dark could..... One looked like he was holding onto a women when the plane was crashing??? Another picture was jesus on the cross....

all i can figure out is all the faces was faces of people he hurt or turned his back on.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Last nights episode was awwwwwwful.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I really liked about the episode was Echo's backstory. The rest was just kind of "meh". I still really like this show but it doesn't feel like it has the same magic as last season.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Last nights episode was awwwwwwful.[/QUOTE]
I think the main problem is, there not even trying to put a compelling story in "current time" anymore, life on the island is stabilized for the most part so now they focus almost completely on the backstories. Not to mention there ability to "keep all the plates spinning" in terms of giving screen time to characters each episodes is deteriorating. Now the structure seems to be backstory focused on 1 character, secondary focus on 1-3 other characters, and cameos or no screentime at all for the rest.

all season it has gotten worse from season 1, it is too bad, hopefully they can rebound.

*** In good news, our hawaiian salesrep, is back in charge of the extra's on lost. He had been shitcanned at the beginning of season 2, due to his friendship with a local newspaper reporter, that was leaking info on lost. Well due to his friendship with sawyer/said/mike/and jin, he is back, and will be giving me info on future shows. Last year, he sent me 3 scripts b4 the episodes ran."

Haven't watched last nights episode yet, so I don't know if they teased this future event or not

****SPOILERS*****

Kate will get kidnapped by the OTHERS, she will be held hostage and they will either kill her, or trade her back to the plane survivors in exchange for the guns. Our salesrep's son, is one of the others pictured carrying her thru the jungle

*****END SPOILERS******

one major point everyone on the island seems to forgot .... the others are coming to get them.... in the season final show last season everyone was screaming OOOO the others are coming ,,, run for your lives... The entire season this year seems everyone forgot they was coming and they are just having fun on the beach???

what happen to all the terror the others was going to come and eat them :)

the dark cloud isnt afaird of echo it was just showing echo was just as evil as the cloud was... both of their hearts are filled with darkness ???

that black dude seems to lost his mind cause there was nothing on the computer screen when he was talking to the walt person.. jack looks and the computer screen is blank.... remember it said not try to use it to talk to other people , maybe it does something to your mind....

maybe the sickness is people are going nuts cause the magnet causes people to see things that are not there (like they saw walt in the woods ) the island brings to life peoples thoughts... like the bear , the horse Ect ect ect...

if that is right someone should think of a Giant mashmellow man :)

SPOLIER MAYBE

Wonder how they are going to spin the lotto winner dude (hurley??) who seems to fall in love with that BLond hair chic who used to play on the drew carrey show)

[quote name='ryanbph']all season it has gotten worse from season 1, it is too bad, hopefully they can rebound.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, if it is anything like his other show Alias, Lost will continue to spin out of control into further and further levels of improbability until it becomes unwatchable.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Unfortunately, if it is anything like his other show Alias, Lost will continue to spin out of control into further and further levels of improbability until it becomes unwatchable.[/QUOTE]
true, but there have been moments in alias that are still solid.

[quote name='ryanbph']true, but there have been moments in alias that are still solid.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the season finale of season 4 was a blast!

[quote name='guardian_owl']Unfortunately, if it is anything like his other show Alias, Lost will continue to spin out of control into further and further levels of improbability until it becomes unwatchable.[/QUOTE]

i heard a rumor on campus that Lost is only planned for 3 or 4 years ... doubtful... then again you can only have so many backstories

whatever became of these shows

THRESHOLD (im i spelling that right) Used to watch every friday night.. they bumped it to tuesday for 2 weeks and now BOOM gone

anyone see the fall plans yet

if i had to guess

Thresehold was cancelled (dont know why one of the better shows)

Invasion Probally cancelled or moved to another night... cant keep lost viewers

surface.... again probally will be canned

i know night stalker was already canned

[quote name='slidecage']i heard a rumor on campus that Lost is only planned for 3 or 4 years ... doubtful... then again you can only have so many backstories

whatever became of these shows

THRESHOLD (im i spelling that right) Used to watch every friday night.. they bumped it to tuesday for 2 weeks and now BOOM gone

anyone see the fall plans yet

if i had to guess

Thresehold was cancelled (dont know why one of the better shows)

Invasion Probally cancelled or moved to another night... cant keep lost viewers

surface.... again probally will be canned

i know night stalker was already canned[/QUOTE]
Threshold has been cancelled, Night Stalker has been canceled

No word yet on Surface or Invasion to my knowledge.

The "disease" is a psychological one. They all went freakin lord of the damn fly's. If you haven't read that book do. I am quite sure the writers of the show have written all over their copies that they hawl into work every day.

Secondly this dharma initiative I think is a bunch of SICK psychological experiments and other experiments gone horribly wrong. That button pushing is completly similar to experiments where someone is told to push a button by an authority figure to cause pain to another subject (who is actually in on the whole scheme). They are in a sealed experimental enviornment, the island....Don't make any outside contact: -quarantine! -don't touch computer! so we can see how loony you get...

The thing that totally gets me is that the dharma initiative was started in the 60's and if anyone took any kind of descent college psychology courses they would KNOW that in the 60's they did all kinds of really kind of sick experiments. Psychological testing rules and regulations of today are pretty much a reaction to experiments that took place in the 60's that did not take into acount the welfare of the participants at all. There are a ton of disturbing ones. They did kinda sick things totally in the name of science. Like the ends of the knowledge gained justify whatever means necessary. I think this ISLAND is just a buch of sick experiments and lies told to the experimentees that totally got out of hand and then the project managers either died or thought everyone on the island died or just tried to get it out of their heads and forgot about it.

Somehow I think the island in general attracts bad luck. Not some evil conscious being just bad karma or somesuch. I think that smoke is a part of some kind of machine they made on the island and it is mechanical. I think it is a security device in disrepair gone bad.

both surface and invasion got renewed for the spring season. Night stalker, may be picked up by the sci fi channel.

The problem with threshold was it followed a Ghost Whisper on fridays at 9pm. After watching ghost whisper 2x, I would imagine the crowd that is into that show, would not be into threshold. Between the fucked up tv scheduling due to the holidays/world series, threshold didn't air for a couple weeks, and then changed nights with the successful Close to Home. The did a poor job in alerting watchers of the switch, and then over the next 4 wks, in which they were judging if to give it a full season, the first week they didn't advertise on the switch, the next week it was pre empted, the following wk it aired, and then the 4th week it was scheduled to air, and they shitcanned it on monday, and pulled it from airing on tuesday.

Surface (of the 3 new sci fi shows) I thought was the weakest. But numbers wise, it has been doing very well. Invasion, (which I feel has good writting, but due to following lost, needed to have less character development in the begining of the series) was a ? one, but it has increased in numbers at the end of the fall season.

[quote name='FuzyBaffy']The "disease" is a psychological one. They all went freakin lord of the damn fly's. If you haven't read that book do. I am quite sure the writers of the show have written all over their copies that they hawl into work every day.

Secondly this dharma initiative I think is a bunch of SICK psychological experiments and other experiments gone horribly wrong. That button pushing is completly similar to experiments where someone is told to push a button by an authority figure to cause pain to another subject (who is actually in on the whole scheme). They are in a sealed experimental enviornment, the island....Don't make any outside contact so we can see how loony you get...

The thing that totally gets me is that the dharma initiative was started in the 60's and if anyone took any kind of descent college psychology courses they would KNOW that in the 60's they did all kinds of really kind of sick experiments. Psychological testing rules and regulations of today are pretty much a reaction to experiments that took place in the 60's that did not take into acount the welfare of the participants at all. There are a ton of disturbing ones. They did kinda sick things totally in the name of science. Like the ends of the knowledge gained justify whatever means necessary. I think this ISLAND is just a buch of sick experiments and lies told to the experimentees that totally got out of hand and then the project managers either died or thought everyone on the island died or just tried to get it out of their heads and forgot about it.

Somehow I think the island in general attracts bad luck. Not some evil conscious being just bad karma or somesuch.[/QUOTE]
on tvguide, they had a section on cracking the lost clues. It was speculated, that the others that took walt from the boat, look like and older version of the guy on the tape giving instructions. It was speculated, that the people in charge went crazy, and became the others.

[quote name='ryanbph']both surface and invasion got renewed for the spring season. Night stalker, may be picked up by the sci fi channel.

The problem with threshold was it followed a Ghost Whisper on fridays at 9pm. After watching ghost whisper 2x, I would imagine the crowd that is into that show, would not be into threshold. Between the fucked up tv scheduling due to the holidays/world series, threshold didn't air for a couple weeks, and then changed nights with the successful Close to Home. The did a poor job in alerting watchers of the switch, and then over the next 4 wks, in which they were judging if to give it a full season, the first week they didn't advertise on the switch, the next week it was pre empted, the following wk it aired, and then the 4th week it was scheduled to air, and they shitcanned it on monday, and pulled it from airing on tuesday.

Surface (of the 3 new sci fi shows) I thought was the weakest. But numbers wise, it has been doing very well. Invasion, (which I feel has good writting, but due to following lost, needed to have less character development in the begining of the series) was a ? one, but it has increased in numbers at the end of the fall season.[/QUOTE]

i got bored very quickly with invansion.. you knew that cop was an alien withina few shows... i hope SCI FI picks up threshold and puts it on the Friday night SCI FI line up

[quote name='slidecage']i got bored very quickly with invansion.. you knew that cop was an alien withina few shows... i hope SCI FI picks up threshold and puts it on the Friday night SCI FI line up[/QUOTE]
IMHO there are worthier shows to bring back and put on Sci-fi friday, problem is they have a full docket already.

[quote name='guardian_owl']IMHO there are worthier shows to bring back and put on Sci-fi friday, problem is they have a full docket already.[/QUOTE]

i thought there was an opening this fall as Stargate was wrapping up and wouldnt be back??

[quote name='slidecage']i thought there was an opening this fall as Stargate was wrapping up and wouldnt be back??[/QUOTE]
Nope, they renewed it for a 10th season which officially makes it the longest running Sci-fi series which I suspect is the main reason they renewed it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Nope, they renewed it for a 10th season which officially makes it the longest running Sci-fi series which I suspect is the main reason they renewed it.[/QUOTE]

is the 10th the final season then cause i heard they wanted to push all the foucs on the other stargate show... how i heard it they was going to merger the two into one show??

It was just a ho-hum episode. The black cloud is pretty stupid if you ask me. Did anyone else find it odd that Jack and Michael were target practicing with a gallon jar of the "Dharma Initiatve salad dressing ranch composite"? I mean your marooned on a damn jungle island with foliage (read salad) everywhere. Composite ranch dressing or not I wouldn't be wasting it.

The best part of this episode was the preview for next week's episode. Michael tries to find Walt, and Jack forms a group to go after him. At the end of the preview, the group is surrounded by a ring of torches, and one of the Others whispers, "This is our island."

[quote name='Greetard']The best part of this episode was the preview for next week's episode. Michael tries to find Walt, and Jack forms a group to go after him. At the end of the preview, the group is surrounded by a ring of torches, and one of the Others whispers, "This is our island."[/QUOTE]
I guess one of "The Others" is an expert in pyrotechnics...

I thought the epsiode was pretty good. I don't have a big problem with the black smoke itself, but that better not be what's ripping all the trees out of the ground.

I want a monster. Please don't disappiont me, guys.

[quote name='megashock5']I thought the epsiode was pretty good. I don't have a big problem with the black smoke itself, but that better not be what's ripping all the trees out of the ground.

I want a monster. Please don't disappiont me, guys.[/QUOTE]
When I first saw the figures flashing in the smoke I figured it was some kind of monster which feeds on souls or some kind of phantasm. It would seem whatever it is, it is capable of destroying trees.

[quote name='Greetard']The best part of this episode was the preview for next week's episode. Michael tries to find Walt, and Jack forms a group to go after him. At the end of the preview, the group is surrounded by a ring of torches, and one of the Others whispers, "This is our island."[/QUOTE]

that is what it makes you think.. watch it be one of the plane people say it to one of the tail people or something stupid like that...

we made all of this stuff and now the people who came from the other side of the island are just helping themself to our junk... or it will be lock who say

this is now our island and they took words out...

then again maybe its David copperfeild...i think that would explain what happen to him LOL

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Maybe it's my imagination, but the smoke sounded like a helicopter.[/QUOTE]

It was more of a clicking sound to me like a huge ass clock.

I think the smoke is what people want it to be. It is fear. Charlie and Eko didn't know what it was going to be, so it came out as black smoke. The smoke was the polar bear, the horse, and whatever the fuck else people have seen. It can be seen by more than one person at a time, and Walt has a powerful influence on it. That's my theory.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I think the smoke is what people want it to be. It is fear. Charlie and Eko didn't know what it was going to be, so it came out as black smoke. The smoke was the polar bear, the horse, and whatever the fuck else people have seen. It can be seen by more than one person at a time, and Walt has a powerful influence on it. That's my theory.[/QUOTE]

And Lock referred to it as "the most beautiful thing he's ever seen"

man last weds show was boring.... one clue was that Lock father might been the one who stold everything from Swayers family.... read this on another board ..

[quote name='slidecage']man last weds show was boring.... one clue was that Lock father might been the one who stold everything from Swayers family.... read this on another board ..[/QUOTE]
what?

[quote name='guardian_owl']what?[/QUOTE]

lock father did with Swayers mother or something like that.. something about how swayers family was conned out of all their money or something

like how he Ripped off lock kidney they think they ripped off swayers family

[quote name='slidecage']lock father did with Swayers mother or something like that.. something about how swayers family was conned out of all their money or something

like how he Ripped off lock kidney they think they ripped off swayers family[/QUOTE]
SAWYER. His name is SAWYER. Jesus frickin' Christ...

bread's done
Back