LOST SEASON 2 Topic board

HA HA HA

I TOLD Everyone around 3-5 months back what made the plane crash and everyone was saying NOPE your wrong. Last night proved it

now i can say TOLD YOU ALL WOOOO : )

now that is out of the way. i think last night show was very very lame compair to season 1 final .

season 1 had at least 5-10 answers left

last night had maybe 3

im sorry but last night didnt ad up. they dont have guns but they have tazzers Yea right. LOL

And where the hell is all the monsters on the island (polar bear season 1) the monster that killed the plane dude. Like they just all disappeared.

[quote name='slidecage']HA HA HA

I TOLD Everyone around 3-5 months back what made the plane crash and everyone was saying NOPE your wrong. Last night proved it

now i can say TOLD YOU ALL WOOOO : )

now that is out of the way. i think last night show was very very lame compair to season 1 final .

season 1 had at least 5-10 answers left

last night had maybe 3

im sorry but last night didnt ad up. they dont have guns but they have tazzers Yea right. LOL

And where the hell is all the monsters on the island (polar bear season 1) the monster that killed the plane dude. Like they just all disappeared.[/QUOTE]

overall i give last night show a 5 nothing major shocking

So,

The Others were just going to give Walt up so easily? What was it that they told Michael, "he was more than we bargained for (expected)?

I wonder why
Henry Gale looked pissed when he realized the the failsafe key had been turned inside the hatch

[quote name='shieryda']
I wonder why
Henry Gale looked pissed when he realized the the failsafe key had been turned inside the hatch
[/quote]

Maybe because

he knows it sends out a signal (as seen can be detected by those scientist guys hired by Desmond's girlfriend) and it may help people find this island that perhaps the Hanso Foundation is going through hoops to keep hidden.

[quote name='shieryda']So,

The Others were just going to give Walt up so easily? What was it that they told Michael, "he was more than we bargained for (expected)?
[/quote]

Something like that. Bottom line

Walt's kung fu is strong and they couldn't/didn't know how to handle it. The boys psychic, I tells ya, mutha-effing psychic!

[quote name='1modernboy']Something like that. Bottom line

Walt's kung fu is strong and they couldn't/didn't know how to handle it. The boys psychic, I tells ya, mutha-effing psychic!
[/quote]

:rofl:

That still don't essplain to me how he was showing up in random places soaking-wet and speaking backwards. By the way, lostpedia.com has listed most of what the "whispering" is on the island.

[quote name='shieryda']:rofl:

That still don't essplain to me how he was showing up in random places soaking-wet and speaking backwards. By the way, lostpedia.com has listed most of what the "whispering" is on the island.[/QUOTE]

An illusion created by the electro-magnetic fields present in the island?

And how did Desmond's GF know what to look for to find him? Did I miss that part?

[quote name='evanft']An illusion created by the electro-magnetic fields present in the island?

And how did Desmond's GF know what to look for to find him? Did I miss that part?
[/quote]

Do you think that

Penny was looking for Desmond, or for the island itself?

[quote name='shieryda']Do you think that

Penny was looking for Desmond, or for the island itself?
[/quote]

Oh definitely

Des. Didn't she say something like "With enough money and time you can find anyone" ?

And as for Walt's showing up places that he isn't,

he has all kinds of funky psionic voodoo going on! He's got power... More power than Grayskull!

I just started watching recently. I know, I know, stuck in a cave, I guess.

Anyway, can someone PM me a way to watch the first season....

I don't know if anyone has touched on this yet, but

what the hell is up with the remnants of the four-toed colossus?

[quote name='jshendel']I just started watching recently. I know, I know, stuck in a cave, I guess.

Anyway, can someone PM me a way to watch the first season....[/quote]

They have episodes available on abc.com for free. Not sure how far back they go. Or you can just buy/rent Season 1 on DVD.

[quote name='1modernboy']I don't know if anyone has touched on this yet, but

[/quote]

Oh, yeah! I was wondering what the heck was up with that, too!

Also,

the hatch that Sayid found. Is it a real hatch that has been filled with concrete, or just one that the Others were pretending to guard to throw off the characters? What was the symbol on it, if any?

anyone notice that was Libby who gave desmond the boat that crashed on the island.

I think libby was never nuts she was told to keep an eye on the people who was to land on the island and get them to that island.

libby gave desmond a way to the island and libby was watching the fat dude

i say she was one of the major people who planned the island

[quote name='Lice']Desmonds GF father is one of the people funding Dharma.... So it says in the website www.thehansofoundation.org[/quote]

Very intriguing. Can't get the site to work thought, is it correct or too much traffic right now?

EDIT: Must have been traffic. I got it to work.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone notice that was Libby who gave desmond the boat that crashed on the island.

I think libby was never nuts she was told to keep an eye on the people who was to land on the island and get them to that island.

libby gave desmond a way to the island and libby was watching the fat dude

i say she was one of the major people who planned the island[/quote]

Nice call. Also she mentioned the boat was named after her. Is Libby short for "Elizabeth"?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Very intriguing. Can't get the site to work thought, is it correct or too much traffic right now?

Nice call. Also she mentioned the boat was named after her. Is Libby short for "Elizabeth"?[/QUOTE]

Someone please check out the executive bios. Click on Peter Thompson. There are letters flashing over the picture, but I can't figure out what they are spelling.

[quote name='greendj27']Someone please check out the executive bios. Click on Peter Thompson. There are letters flashing over the picture, but I can't figure out what they are spelling.[/quote]

survivorguilt

taken from: http://thelostexperience.com

Anyone try to sign up for the newsletter? After you enter your name. Then it asks you if "can you read this" you say yes, and i says."OK its me Persephone, whats the password"

Could this be what Desmond and Lock talked about: "What did one polar bear say to the other polar bear"?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']survivorguilt

taken from: http://thelostexperience.com

Anyone try to sign up for the newsletter? After you enter your name. Then it asks you if "can you read this" you say yes, and i says."OK its me Persephone, whats the password" [/quote]

The password is: breakingstrain

[quote name='LinkinPrime'] Could this be what Desmond and Lock talked about: "What did one polar bear say to the other polar bear"?[/quote]

The thing Locke asked Desmonde was, "What did one snowman say to the other?" and the answer is something like "It smells like carrots in here".

[quote name='1modernboy']I don't know if anyone has touched on this yet, but

[/QUOTE]

TIME PARADOX

I belive that the others are telling the truth about being the "good guys" it's the Hanzo Foundation that's Evil. I think the others are trying to take control of the island and bring Hanzo down. The others have only done what they did as a means to an ends. TV shows always do the "OMG the evil guys are the good guys!! and the REAL evil guys are even MORE Evil". You wait and see.

Also I think no one died when the hatch went on over load. It wasn't an "Boom" type explosion more like an EMP that sent metal objects all over the island. Since the guys aren't made out of metal they are fine. Also why would they kill desmond now that they brought his GF into play ?

I think desmond's GF found out some how that her dad sent Desmond on the island. But she didn't know where the island was, but thanks to the trusty Hatch Overload she now knows.

To me, the most interesting thing, and the one idea that I keep going over in my head since the finale last night:
When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. In case Dharma loses somebody, if they die, go crazy, leave, anything, they'll stop pressing the button, right? So, if the button isn't pushed, the...whatever it is, goes off, the electromagnetic field. When it goes off, it drags down a plane or maybe a boat from the shore and viola! New button-pushers!

But then, of course, you have to wonder why that didn't happen when the button was pushed by 'Henry Gale' when Locke was trapped in the hatch. Although, since he seems to be pretty high up in ranks with The Others, it's possible that he's in on 'it' whatever it may be, and he knows another code, which is why the food dropped.

Do you think spolier tags are neccessary anymore? If someone doesnt want the show spoiled then why are they in a Lost Thread?

Ok heres what im thinking is going on... Desomnds girlfriends Dad was one of the guys who funds the dharma project

SHe knows about the experiment and how it works so she sends up this team to find him. This team was flying in a plane in a artic setting. Why? because this is all in a bio dome in the arctic. hence to why the tide is rising on the beach as well as having a polar bear running around. Plus it wouldnt be found for not alot of passerbys hang out in the frozen tundra...

The man with desmond in the hatch in the yellow suit was kates dad

Thats what i picked up...

[quote name='Lice']
The man with desmond in the hatch in the yellow suit was kates dad

Thats what i picked up...[/QUOTE]

Kate's dad was shown on a previous episode already, he was in the army but it wasnt him.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Kate's dad was shown on a previous episode already, he was in the army but it wasnt him.[/quote]

Well then he worked with her dad... He is connected to him...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Kate's dad was shown on a previous episode already, he was in the army but it wasnt him.[/quote]

Well then he worked with her dad... He is connected to him...

[quote name='Lice']Well then he worked with her dad... He is connected to him...[/QUOTE]

He wasn't Kate's dad, but he WAS in Sayid's flashback.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']He wasn't Kate's dad, but he WAS in Sayid's flashback.[/quote]

I'm thinking that's why Kelvin (sp?) was discharged from the Army. Because he gave Sayid the order to torture his commander.

what do you guys think the key did at the end?

my thoughts 'it broke the dam'
instead of the pulse pulling stuff it in blew it out(reversed polarity maybe?)
and in another 108 minutes they are going to be hella screwed....
cause the timer got busted and the computer.......

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone know what's going on with this ..

www.savejoop.com[/quote]

No idea but this shirt is cool:

hans-no_large.jpg

[quote name='chimpian']what do you guys think the key did at the end?

my thoughts 'it broke the dam'
instead of the pulse pulling stuff it in blew it out(reversed polarity maybe?)
and in another 108 minutes they are going to be hella screwed....
cause the timer got busted and the computer.......[/quote]

Didnt the key shut off the whole system? It's my understanding that they wont have to worry in 108 minutes because Desmond turned everything off and now it just doesnt build up (nor release) energy anymore.

Anyone notice Libby said her dead husband's name was "David"? I wonder if there's any connection to Hurley's imaginary friend Dave? After all, Libby was at the same mental hospital.

I think that Penny Widmore probably has no idea Desmond is still alive. The electro-mag research initiative is a Hanso active project. Also, the hot air balloon that carried the real (dead) Henry Gale had a Widmore logo on it. The real Henry Gale might be who she's really looking for.

Also, I think the polar bear (like the Dharma shark) is just a Dharma/Hanso experiment gone amok. After all, this was written on the blast door map: "Stated goal, repatriation accelerated de-territorialization of URSUS MARITIMUS through gene therapy and extreme climate change." Ursus Maritimus is latin for Polar Bear.

[quote name='kaw']Anyone notice Libby said her dead husband's name was "David"? I wonder if there's any connection to Hurley's imaginary friend Dave? After all, Libby was at the same mental hospital.

I think that Penny Widmore probably has no idea Desmond is still alive. The electro-mag research initiative is a Hanso active project. Also, the hot air balloon that carried the real (dead) Henry Gale had a Widmore logo on it. The real Henry Gale might be who she's really looking for.

Also, I think the polar bear (like the Dharma shark) is just a Dharma/Hanso experiment gone amok. After all, this was written on the blast door map: "Stated goal, repatriation accelerated de-territorialization of URSUS MARITIMUS through gene therapy and extreme climate change." Ursus Maritimus is latin for Polar Bear.[/quote]

Whoa, good stuff.

Almost forgot about the shark with the logo, that was trippy.

[quote name='Maklershed']Didnt the key shut off the whole system? It's my understanding that they wont have to worry in 108 minutes because Desmond turned everything off and now it just doesnt build up (nor release) energy anymore.[/QUOTE]

I think it did a bit more than just shut off the system. The hatch seal was shot to the other side of the island. I thought it blew the whole thing up because that hatch was useless now that the computer and counter were both destroyed by Locke.

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone know what's going on with this ..

www.savejoop.com[/quote]

I heard it was only a fan site, and has nothing to do with the lost experience. WHOIS lookup seems to agree as it's registered to some guy in Herndon, VA. Good way to sell some t-shirts though.

I was just reading the Lostpedia page. There's a good theory on there about the possibility of Desmond shutting down the system with the fail safe key either released a shield or invisibility cloak that was surrounding the island.

Knowing that fact, it may explain why the Portuguese researcher guy (that was reporting to Desmond's girlfriend) was pissed he didnt see the message on the computer earlier. Perhaps after the system is shut down and the cloak/shield is released it's only temporary until it comes back up again. Meaning anyone looking for the island only has a small time frame to search. And perhaps Penelope knows the general whereabouts of the island (Arctic circle?), thanks to information possibly stolen from her dad, but she doesnt know exactly where it's at.

I think the reason for the guys were in the Arctic, is because of the electromagnetic properties of the north pole. Here's an image that shows it better than I could describe it:

magfield.gif

I think they're in the Arctic because it's out of the interference of earth's magnetic field, and they can more easily detect anomalies.

I still think the island is northeast of Fiji. The plane crashed in the end of September, and Locke said in the last episode they had been there 60-65 days. That would put them in early December. Not much light in the Arctic circle in December. As for the "tide rising", maybe that just the illusion, and the island is sinking. Atlantis anyone?

in this weeks Entertainment weekly it said with the ratings falling on lost. they are looking at giving a date to wrap up the series. Heard on other sites that they might even try to wrap it up at the end of this year. They are now trying to say it was only planned for a 3 year run.

[quote name='slidecage']in this weeks Entertainment weekly it said with the ratings falling on lost. they are looking at giving a date to wrap up the series. Heard on other sites that they might even try to wrap it up at the end of this year. They are now trying to say it was only planned for a 3 year run.[/quote]

I overhead someone in my office talking about this but never knew the actual source. IMO if they end it with S4 I'd be happy but I definately prefer an actual ending vs. just pulling the plug on a show. I'm looking at you Invasion and Surface :roll:

[quote name='cag1000']ok so 3 big questions were supposed to be answered tonight. What the fuck I can't count 1 the entire episode.[/QUOTE]

1) Where did Jack get his tattoo.
2) Did Jack ever sleep with an asian chick.
3) I don't know....

bread's done
Back