LOST Season 5 Discussion - 5/13: The Incident -

I totally called Widmore being Daniel's dad at the beginning of the episode when he mentions that he got a grant from him to his mother...the look on Eloise pretty much gave it away.

As far as Daniel getting killed, another give away...Danie's line towards the end "This is our present, anyone of us can die"...It wasn't going to be Jack or Kate so...

I'm probably looking to far ahead but I thought it would be kinda cool if Sawyer and Juliet end up being the skeletons that they ran into in the first season that they call Adam & Eve.

[quote name='FrankySox']ME EITHER!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised there isn't more action in here. This was an awesome episode.

You must be from the Chuck thread... sad.

There are only two episodes left obviously it's going to pick up.[/quote]

He asked if we were getting an episode or being jerked around. I answered jerked around because the episode was a recap episode.

You have to check dates of posts since this thread only moves like 1-2 days a week.

Im starting to think that Radzinsky might not have killed himself. Maybe he just wouldn't stop being an asshole so Kelvin got tired of it & blew his damn head off.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So where was young Daniel in 1977 if his mother was on the island then?[/quote]

In Widmore's ball sack.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Daniel was older than 30, surely.[/QUOTE]

hes gotta be. he was a professor at oxford in 1996 (during the desmond flashbacks). so either he was a professor at age 18 or hes already born. im leaning towards the latter, which means hes likely on the island.

I know. I was only joking.
Here's a thought. What if Eloise isn't really his mother? But more like his caretaker?
Raised by another ... sound familiar?
Why else would he have the name Faraday?

Also, while looking for Daniel Faraday's age on Lostpedia, all I could find was the original casting call for his character, which listed him as being in his late 30s.

[quote name='jaso']Radzinsky needs to die.
Jughead needs to explode.
Daniel needs to visit the temple of resurrection.[/QUOTE]

This. He is the most unconvincing hard ass I've ever seen.

And does it seem to anyone else that Jack is really phoning this season in?

[quote name='KingDox']

And come on, Jack is kidding himself if they think they can change the future.[/QUOTE]

Jack can do whatever he wants... haven't you watched the previous four seasons. This guy controls when everyone goes to the bathroom, he is a god!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Radzinsky is going to be the new Frogurt/Arzt. Annoy the hell out of viewers, then die in a comical way.[/QUOTE]

Meh, I hope Lost sticks with it's predestination mantra. Be too confusing if he ends up dying in a different way than they said he did.

Though I suppose Kelvin could've been lying.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']he was a professor at oxford in 1996 (during the desmond flashbacks). so either he was a professor at age 18 or hes already born[/quote]

You must have missed where he told his mom he was the youngest person to ever get his doctorate from Oxford.

[quote name='perdition(troy']You must have missed where he told his mom he was the youngest person to ever get his doctorate from Oxford.[/quote]

I was going to post this but I didn't remember the exact age he said. I think it was 18, but not sure.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Dammit it didnt say anything about richard that we didnt already assume!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

This. I wanna know why the hell he is the way he is :bomb:. Oh well; I predict a reveal in next weeks finale. It seems to be centered around the main 3 of the island (Jacob, Richard, John).

I can safely say I have no idea what the hell is going to happen anymore (usually you can make good predictions). For some reason I predict Sawyer's death. They seem to be setting him or Juliet up for it.

Like Richard said, everyone back then dies.

As for Locke's new plan... I didn't see that one coming. Also, didn't Jacob say "Help me" to Locke?

Tonight's episode was pretty amazing. The one letdown was the lack of explanation of Richard's backstory. Everything else was good stuff. I said, "Holy shit" about 8 times. And Eloise looked pretty damn hot, too.

Sweet! Even better!

This last episode was so great. The fact that
the bomb was buried underneath the Dharma Village
was huge. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I really didn't like how they let it be known that
Sawyer was coming back in the trailer for next week.
I figured he would, but it would have been nice for some suspense.

Right when Locke said he didn't want to see Jacob to reunite with the other Losties, I had a feeling what he was going to say next. Heh. Awkward moment when Kate stepped into the sub. I loved Hurley's moments. "Fat guy," then they show him stealing food, and him trying to reinforce he's not from the future to Dr. Chang. haha

ummmm Why would the others want to live in the village... Unless to protect what is under it....

Also they still never showed what they did with all of the children they took......

I feel sorry for the others whos been waiting at the temple all year LOL

Also cant really remember but what was the cliffhangers of the other season... i think

Season 1---- What is the hatch
Season 2---- who are the others
season 3----- cant remember
Season 4--- Where did the island go

Got to love how the dude is going to hit a Atomic bomb with an axe (at least that is what it looked like to me)

also didnt they said they had to bury the bomb and sealed it concret since it was leaking... Why wasnt anyone sick since it was just sitting out in the open

[quote name='shinryuu']
Right when Locke said he didn't want to see Jacob to reunite with the other Losties, I had a feeling what he was going to say next. Heh. Awkward moment when Kate stepped into the sub. I loved Hurley's moments. "Fat guy," then they show him stealing food, and him trying to reinforce he's not from the future to Dr. Chang. haha
[/quote]

LOL! One of the funniest scenes yet! "What year were you born?" "...1931?" "You're 46 years old?" "...Yes" "Who's the president of the United States?" "Alright, dude, we're from the future."

i just cant see the whole abomb thing playing out. i have this feeling something will happen to stop it. but im really interested in seeing where this whole locke/richard/jacob thing is going. richard seemed very wary about taking john there and confirmed that with ben.

other thoughts

hurley/chang was awesome
i cant wait to see phil die
im glad to see sayid back, i cant help but think hes going to try and stop jack somehow
and im very very sad they actually killed daniel instead of working some island magic to bring him back

strell, the season 3 cliffhanger was that the flashbacks were flashforwards and jack & kate were off the island.

Someone mentioned something sort of jokingly (at least I think they were joking) that a leaky Jughead was responsible for the inability of the Others residing in the Dharma village to bear children to term. But it makes a lot of sense to me.

Crap. Someone at the other board I go to (which has "hover over this to view" spoiler tags) posted a spoiler about the finale and, due to the nature of that forum's spoiler tag system, my mouse cursor happened to rest upon it as I read the discussion about last night's episode. I hope it's not true... I mean, it sounds cool and all, but I hate being spoiled. :(

[quote name='jaso']Someone mentioned something sort of jokingly (at least I think they were joking) that a leaky Jughead was responsible for the inability of the Others residing in the Dharma village to bear children to term. But it makes a lot of sense to me.[/QUOTE]

I think that is a good guess.

I thought the episode was ok. It seemed to work as a pretty good setup episode. I wonder why Jack didn't pick up on Kate not wanting to erase the past 3 years. She would have lost the time she spent with Aaron and the good times she had with Jack. And ended up back in Jail.

But I really don't have that much simpathy for Kate. She's a murderer and doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. Its also really selfish to want to keep the 3 years of memories at the cost of how many lives? 30? maybe more? How many people died in the plane crash and in the events that followed? Jack is making the right move trying to erase the plane crash. But I doubt it will work.

The best part of the was Locke seeing Locke. That was awesome.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Maybe I missed something, but how did Locke know that the time-skipping version of himself was going to come out of the jungle right then?[/quote]

35cigch.jpg

I dont think Locke meant kill jacob as in like physically injuring him. I think he meant show everyone hes not real, thus "killing him". Maybe they will show up to his "cabin", locke opens the door expecting no one to be there... but there will be

Two hour finale? NICE! So does that extra hour add on to the current hourly count or are they on par with how many hours they said the last few seasons would be?

[quote name='KingDox']I think that is a good guess.

I thought the episode was ok. It seemed to work as a pretty good setup episode. I wonder why Jack didn't pick up on Kate not wanting to erase the past 3 years. She would have lost the time she spent with Aaron and the good times she had with Jack. And ended up back in Jail.

But I really don't have that much simpathy for Kate. She's a murderer and doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. Its also really selfish to want to keep the 3 years of memories at the cost of how many lives? 30? maybe more? How many people died in the plane crash and in the events that followed? Jack is making the right move trying to erase the plane crash. But I doubt it will work.

The best part of the was Locke seeing Locke. That was awesome.[/quote]

Way more than 30 have died. They started out with 48 main seciton survivors, and now we're down to about 9, not to mention all the tail section people who did, the people who died when the plane crashed, and everyone who has died as a result of the plane crashing (several other's, Charlotte, Nadia, etc.)

I still have a lot more questions:

Whatever happened to the rest of the Losties?...all the "not so main characters" are they considered dead with everyone else?

Whatever happened to bernard and Rose? could they have ended up stuck in a time flash? are they the Adam and Eve skeletons found in the cave in the first season?

[quote name='joe2187']I still have a lot more questions:

Whatever happened to the rest of the Losties?...all the "not so main characters" are they considered dead with everyone else?

Whatever happened to bernard and Rose? could they have ended up stuck in a time flash? are they the Adam and Eve skeletons found in the cave in the first season?[/quote]

My co-worker said (and I trust him) that Bernard and Rose are scheduled to appear in the season finale. So you should see them next week.

They should just kill off Bernard and Rose and be done with it. It's too close to the series finale to have bullshit tertiary characters.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They should just kill off Bernard and Rose and be done with it. It's too close to the series finale to have bullshit tertiary characters.[/quote]

Just be glad they killed off Nicky and Paulo.

[quote name='munch']I like Bernard and Rose. . . .[/QUOTE]

So do I, I hope they also got traped in 1977 and got off the island to live a decent life. Of course Rose said she never wanted to leave the island. But come on, the Island blows. And onlt bad things happens there.

I really liked it when sawyer said "Good Ridance" to the island in the last episode.

I read an interview with whoever is running the show. He made it seem if you want, or expecting answers about the island than you are out of luck. He compared the island to Star Wars "the force" and it just works the way it does.

Jimmy Kimmel Live always has Lost themed segments on Wednesday nights, but this coming Wednesday, Matthew Fox will be on. Also appearing as a guest will be Ben McKenzie, for my fellow OC and Southland fans.

[quote name='KingDox']I thought the episode was ok. It seemed to work as a pretty good setup episode. I wonder why Jack didn't pick up on Kate not wanting to erase the past 3 years. She would have lost the time she spent with Aaron and the good times she had with Jack. And ended up back in Jail.

[/quote]

I think it was already mentioned/speculated that
Kate is pregnant. You know the whole night with Jack before they went back to the island. That is why she doesn't want to erase the past 3 years. She did ask Jack, "What about us?" Also, when Sayid shot the Other with the rifle, the first thing she did was put her hand on her stomach. When Sayid said that he had changed the future by killing Ben, she asked them if it was ok to kill children and blow up bombs now. She is acting with the best interests of her unborn child in mind even if it means she has to go against Jack.

That is what I think will ultimately force Jack to change his mind about detonating the bomb. Maybe Sayid isn't there to stop Jack but to attempt to continue with the plan to blow up the bomb. He did say to Jack that if they failed, atleast they would be put out of their misery. I'm sure Sayid wants to change the past so that Nadia never dies.

Great episode. It's funny how Sawyer was first portrayed as a "manly man" that showed no emotion and didn't seem to care about anything and now he gets all flustered anytime Kate walks in. You can see the hurt in Juliet's eyes because, even as Sawyer has told her that he loves her and has her back, she can tell that he still has feelings for Kate. It's just like when you're wife/gf catches you looking at another woman... it's really hard to play off.

The exchange between Hurley and Chang was priceless. This kind of episode is what Lost is all about. I can't wait for next week. Oh yeah, Locke is a badass motherfucker.

bread's done
Back