Lots of Rock Band DLC On Sale - Xbox360

Shadowiii

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I don't remember this being announced, but a BUNCH of Rock Band DLC seems to be priced down.

Xbox 360 DLC sale runs through January 11th.
PlayStation 3 DLC sale runs from January 11th through January 25th.

http://www.rockband.com/blog/ten-packs-dlc-sale

Taken from RockBandAide:

Moving Pictures” is typically priced 880 MSP ($10.99), but is currently marked down to 440 MSP ($5.50), and contains the following songs:

• The Camera Eye
  • Limelight (Original Version)
  • Red Barchetta
  • Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
  • Vital Signs
  • Witch Hunt
  • YYZ
The Cars” is typically priced 1,200 MSP ($14.99), but is currently marked down to 680 MSP ($8.50), and contains the following songs:

• All Mixed Up
  • Bye Bye Love
  • Don’t Cha Stop
  • Good Times Roll
  • I’m in Touch with Your World
  • Just What I Needed
  • Moving in Stereo
  • My Best Friend’s Girl
  • You’re All I’ve Got Tonight
Update: Looks like there are quite a bit more packs that are also on sale…
Nine Inch Nails Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• March of the Pigs
  • The Collector
  • The Perfect Drug
Oasis Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Don’t Look Back in Anger
  • Live Forever
  • Wonderwall
Weezer Pack 02 – 240 MSP

• My Name Is Jonas
  • Pork and Beans
  • Undone (The Sweater Song)
Evanescence Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Bring Me to Life
  • Call Me When You’re Sober
  • Weight of the World
The Police Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Can’t Stand Losing You
  • Roxanne
  • Synchronicity II
Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Volcano
  • Margaritaville
  • Cheeseburger in Paradise
All That Remains Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Chiron
  • This Calling
  • Two Weeks
I've been waiting for the NiN DLC to go on sale, so I'm all over this!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simmias']This. I've long been a Harmonix supporter, but I fear for their long-term viability. I mean, who's going to buy a $320 peripheral? (Besides me :) ) Who really cares about keyboards? I want pro drums and pro guitar, but there aren't a lot of people like me left. My friends are tired of these games these days, and I think most other people are, too.

I don't know. I just think that when you have a dwindling fan base, you don't implement policies that piss people off and cost people more money, even if it costs you more money to produce it. It's short-sighted.[/QUOTE]

+1 and the post you quoted as well.

Do you live in TX so we can jam? :) haha.

I think most of my friends are tired as well. I mean we used to have GH1/2 :pS2: "parties" every week and then later RB1/2. It's a great party/group game and since I've picked up RB3 we haven't gotten together to play.

Truth be told I haven't played in quite some time but that's mostly because I don't have enough room for the Ion drums right now.

ALSO, I want the Pro Fender guitar.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']He's not trolling. He just made in post at the same time he was pre-ordering Guitar Hero: Justin Bieber, Guitar Hero: Jonas Brothers, Guitar Hero: Hilary Duff and DJ Hero 3: The Road to DJ Hero 4.[/QUOTE]

I heard the Justin Bieber CE comes with free kneepads.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Stingy CAGs need to remember that people actually pay $1 at a bar to hear a song one time. When you look at it that way, $2 for a Rock Band song (with 4 ways to play, 13 different charts to accommodate difficulty levels, forward-compatible pro drum features for a game that didn't exist yet when the DLC came out, and whatever licensing fees were associated with it) is not a bad deal at all.

Not to mention that pretty much no one here paid full price for their MS points anyway. Suck it up, people. :p Thanks for the post, OP.[/QUOTE]

This right here is why I have over 200 DLC songs. I already have pretty much all the stuff on sale I would already want since I usually buy RB DLC day one rather then wait for a random sale. You know people spend money on ring tones that aren't even an entire song?

Plus I've download plenty of MP3s so I think I owe it to the music industry to give back when I can.

Harmonix also has a sale on Rock Band games & DLC discs from their web store (powered by Amazon) they had Beatles Rock Band for $12.99 and some of the DLC discs (Rock Tracks Vol. 2) for $5.99

[quote name='crapstack']I stumbled across this too, The RB track pack 2 is on sale for $5.59 with free Prime shipping.. Not too bad for less than the price of 3 DLC tracks - http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Tra...8I/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1294265468&sr=8-12[/QUOTE]

That is AWESOME. I had not seen this (the deal, that is- I've obviously seen the track pack before) until just now, and I am pouncing. Thanks, crapstack! (Also, great username.)

[quote name='Tarskidx']I am just speculating as these are great deals indeed, but who feels that the Harmonix sale for $50 and taking on their debt will hamper their growth with continuous new licenses?

I mean to get big name artists will cost a lot of money and incur more debt which I don't think this Columbus Nova wants to inherit. I mean wasn't that the reason why Viacom sold them for nothing more than tax break anways was due to RB3 lukewarm sales and their increased debt for new licenses?

To me this will stunt their long term growth and maybe they'll discount more songs to try and increase tepid sales or go the way of GH and seldom have new content after their current slate of DLC is exhausted.[/QUOTE]

IMO it's kinda hard to talk about debt for Harmonix... seing as how when the last earning report came out was right at the end of their development cycle for RB3. So all the money had been put into development with no sales other than from dlc for the last year.

Now is that saying the debt is meaningless... no but it's probably not as bad as it looks on paper.

I wish the Tom Petty Live tracks woudl go on sale again. I waited too long deciding on them when they had the 50% off sale in the summer and now I wish I had them. I don;t know what my addiction is to these games. I buy shittons of track packs and the games when they clear at Target, but haven't actually PLAYED one of these games for a while. And to go back to a time when I played a LOT, I'd have to go back to GH III:LoR...

Heh. Ended up making a purchase after all. Already owned a song in one of the 3-packs, but decided to bite the bullet and buy the pack for the other 2 tracks.

Btw, OP might want to add the following info:

http://www.rockband.com/blog/ten-packs-dlc-sale

[quote name='confoosious']I heard the Justin Bieber CE comes with free kneepads.[/QUOTE]

Eww, lol. I'm a sucker for CE's, but I think I have to draw the line somewhere.

[quote name='confoosious']how do track packs work? Does it cost $10 to export the songs to your hard drive?[/QUOTE]

Nope. you just type in the 1-time-use code on the back of the track pack manual and it will download the 20 songs to your hard drive at no cost. It doesn't cost any microsoft points whatsoever. This is how all the track packs are. Lego Rockband, Greenday rockband, etc. have the exporting fee. Hope this helps :)

yeah thanks. so basically, buy the retail package and you can ditch it right away on ebay or trade in somewhere? i picked up a AC/DC track pack from kmart for $5 that i haven't opened yet.

[quote name='confoosious']how do track packs work? Does it cost $10 to export the songs to your hard drive?[/QUOTE]

There's a code in the booklet that let's you download the tracks for free.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah thanks. so basically, buy the retail package and you can ditch it right away on ebay or trade in somewhere? i picked up a AC/DC track pack from kmart for $5 that i haven't opened yet.[/QUOTE]Correct. The AC/DC manual has a standard marketplace redemption code on the back. No additional fee, no "export key" to unlock, no need to even use the disc, just a direct download of all the songs. So $5 got you 18 new tracks for your Rock Band library, not too shabby.:applause:

Picked up Rush pack, Jimmy Buffet pack, Oasis pack, and Evanescence pack, waiting for the price to drop on the Offspring pack and I will pick that up. Thanks OP

[quote name='BustaUppa']Correct. The AC/DC manual has a standard marketplace redemption code on the back. No additional fee, no "export key" to unlock, no need to even use the disc, just a direct download of all the songs. So $5 got you 18 new tracks for your Rock Band library, not too shabby.:applause:[/QUOTE]

Does the disc have any use beyond saving me on downloading times?

Could I still pass the disc to a friend and let him get those songs, or would it be useless without a redemption code?

[quote name='kazunori']Does the disc have any use beyond saving me on downloading times?

Could I still pass the disc to a friend and let him get those songs, or would it be useless without a redemption code?[/QUOTE]
The redemption code can only be used once. But the disc is a stand-alone game with 20 songs and achievements (250).

[quote name='Afflicted']IMO it's kinda hard to talk about debt for Harmonix... seing as how when the last earning report came out was right at the end of their development cycle for RB3. So all the money had been put into development with no sales other than from dlc for the last year.

Now is that saying the debt is meaningless... no but it's probably not as bad as it looks on paper.[/QUOTE]
Early figures have RB3 sales way below what they expected. When your business model is based on people buying new, pricey peripherals with each new game, it eventually stops working. And releasing a game so dependent on these new peripherals when some of the peripherals aren't even ready for retail yet is borderline stupid. I just hope the RB franchise lasts long enough to release a few great pro guitar songs.

[quote name='simmias']The redemption code can only be used once. But the disc is a stand-alone game with 20 songs and achievements (250).[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. So only the importing of songs into RB2 is a one-time thing..

Thanks!

Ah, what the hell, I bought most of this DLC even though my son isn't into playing RB any more. I'll make him ;).

I was hesitant at first and then I opened the drawer where I keep all the various Points cards I've gotten on deep discount. I had at least 7 or 8 1600 points cards, so it's not like it is really costing me much of anything (or anything at all if you consider what I spent on those long gone). I have a huge backlog of Xbox Live Arcade games so I only purchase those when they are on sale. I might as well use those points on something.

I also bought the Track Pack Vol. 2 from Amazon as well, but to be honest, there isn't much in there I really want. I feel like I got a better deal with the DLC that is on sale.

Well, I'm LITERALLY only missing 3 songs out of all those (40 total, if you count the Offspring pack). So great deal for everybody, but not really any good for me. :lol: ALL OF THESE packs are worth getting if you don't have them. And this post is a lot longer than I wanted it to look, but I promise it's a good read. :D

Quick reviews (if anyone cares :lol:):

[quote name='Shadowiii']“Moving Pictures” is typically priced 880 MSP ($10.99), but is currently marked down to 440 MSP ($5.50), and contains the following songs:

• The Camera Eye
  • Limelight (Original Version)
  • Red Barchetta
  • Tom Sawyer (Original Version)
  • Vital Signs
  • Witch Hunt
  • YYZ
[/QUOTE]It's RUSH! This is a very solid piece of DLC for Rock Band. And you'd be paying about $.79 per song at this price. No-brainer!

[quote name='Shadowiii']“The Cars” is typically priced 1,200 MSP ($14.99), but is currently marked down to 680 MSP ($8.50), and contains the following songs:

• All Mixed Up
  • Bye Bye Love
  • Don’t Cha Stop
  • Good Times Roll
  • I’m in Touch with Your World
  • Just What I Needed
  • Moving in Stereo
  • My Best Friend’s Girl
  • You’re All I’ve Got Tonight
[/QUOTE]If you are even half-interested in a few of these (like "Just What I Needed," "My Best Friend's Girl" and "Bye Bye Love"), it would be cheaper to just get the whole pack. The only tracks that might be "meh" in gameplay (in my opinion) would be "I'm in Touch with Your World," "Moving in Stereo" and POSSIBLY "Good Times Roll" for some. But that still leaves you with 6 very solid tracks. "Don't Cha Stop" is definitely my favorite track out of all 9 and probably the "surprise song" that will catch people off-guard in the fun category. Check Youtube if you're on the fence. :)

[quote name='Shadowiii']Nine Inch Nails Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• March of the Pigs
  • The Collector
  • The Perfect Drug
[/QUOTE]NiN is a love it/hate it kind of thing, so check Youtube if you're unsure. If you have Rock Band 3 and you DON'T have "The Perfect Drug," there's a DLC drum achievement for that song (you can also get "The Perfect Drug" with the Rock Band Track Pack 2 export). If you go the Marketplace route, consider the other two tracks as songs you got at 40 MSP apiece with a regularly-priced 160 MSP song.

[quote name='Shadowiii']Oasis Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Don’t Look Back in Anger
  • Live Forever
  • Wonderwall
[/QUOTE]Another must-have pack. 3 VERY solid tracks. If you don't already have these and consider them expensive at essentially $1 apiece, I don't know what to say. :lol:

[quote name='Shadowiii']Weezer Pack 02 – 240 MSP
  • My Name Is Jonas
  • Pork and Beans
  • Undone (The Sweater Song)
[/QUOTE]If you are just a little interested in at least one of these, just get the whole pack. "My Name Is Jonas" and "Undone" are two great warmup band songs (but "Pork and Beans" might not be everyone's cup of tea). Check Youtube if you're undecided.

[quote name='Shadowiii']Evanescence Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Bring Me to Life
  • Call Me When You’re Sober
  • Weight of the World
[/QUOTE]ANOTHER great pack. Anyone paranoid about possible harmony/keys updates might just want to wait it out for these (but expect to be waiting a while :lol:). If you want to play these NOW and you like the songs, this is a great price. Oh, and did you get the memo? "Going Under" was FINALLY released on Rock Band Network last month (160 MSP)! No keys or harmonies though.

[quote name='Shadowiii']The Police Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Can’t Stand Losing You
  • Roxanne
  • Synchronicity II
[/QUOTE]"Synchronicity II" is a must-have, but some players might not be immediately drawn to the other two tracks. Check Youtube if you're unsure how the songs translate in the game!

[quote name='Shadowiii']Jimmy Buffet Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Volcano
  • Margaritaville
  • Cheeseburger in Paradise
[/QUOTE]A great, solid pack that surprises you out of nowhere. They are re-records, but very nice re-records with very fun game charts. This is a must-have (especially if you happen to be a drummer).

[quote name='Shadowiii']All That Remains Pack 01 – 240 MSP

• Chiron
  • This Calling
  • Two Weeks
[/QUOTE] And then there's this one. :lol:

All That Remains happens to be very popular with the online crowd. So if you play online with randoms quite a bit, you'll likely see these songs available most of the time. I'm not the BIGGEST fan of these (WAY too much overplay, maybe? I'm not sure :whistle2:?). But if you like more challenging songs with a heavy feel, these will be fun. Again, check Youtube. :)

[quote name='tunavi']Wow these songs are ridiculously expensive. You guys actually pay for this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Kid (no offense with the "kid" reference :lol:), if you think that $1 per song for a game that has 4 playable instruments for this DLC is "expensive," I would advise you stay away from Xbox Live COMPLETELY. Dance Central's $3 DLC for each song would like to have a word with you. And the 800/1200 MSP map packs would like to have a seminar with you. THAT DLC is expensive! $1 for a music track with multiple parties involved (and this is the music companies I'm talking about) is MORE than understandable for this DLC.

If you're going to troll/diss/make fun/question of people's online spending, Call of Duty/Halo/any other FPS with higher-costing premium content would be good places to start. ;)

[quote name='prayformojo']I doubt they double dip on much stuff beyond the Queen tracks, I love how RB3 reworked the career mode to incorporate DLC more, it is amazing to have everything ported into that one game and manage playlists via the web.[/QUOTE]

Currently, Harmonix is putting together a list of songs that they plan on updating (when we all get to see the list is anyone's guess). And as much as I love the new setlist options of RB3's Road Challenges, the length of that entire mode is a joke (it can literally be completed in a few days...if not sooner :hot:). One thing I wish they ported was a proper World Tour mode...and tone down the animation/colors. Sheesh. My eyes can't take it anymore and my interest is waning since RB3 is basically Quickplay...with meaningless "goals." :cry:

[quote name='intoxicated662']Question: If I don't plan on buying rock band 3 anytime soon (until it gets to about $25 or less) how will purchasing this dlc content and also my past purchased dlc content affect me when I do get rock band 3? Saw someone mention earlier something about having to pay more fees and such, am wondering what's really going on. I don't wanna buy rb3 if I gotta pay for anything else other than importing my rb2 songs.[/QUOTE]

There are NO fees for importing DLC into any of the main Rock Band titles. ;) The only fee you'd have to pay would be one-time export fees (for Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, Lego Rock Band and Green Day: Rock Band) for exported content to be playable in all current and future Rock Band titles. See more info below.

And random info for everyone:

If you buy older DLC in Rock Band 3, it isn't playable in Rock Band 1 or 2 for some reason. :???: So just sync these up from xbox.com to be on the safe side (or redownload them from the Marketplace on your Xbox if you plan on playing any recently-bought legacy DLC on older games soon).

[quote name='DJ_Tet']Offspring Pack is still at 440 :(

link[/QUOTE]

If it goes down to 240, you guys HAVE to get it! There are crowd sing-alongs in ALL 3 songs! :D Playing the choruses of "Gone Away" and "Pretty Fly" with the crowd singing in the background is almost indescribable. :hot: I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it. :lol:

I know that this got answered above, but I'll add to it a little. All track packs (AC/DC, Country, Rock, Metal, etc.) come with a stand-alone disc that includes all songs playable in the Rock Band 1 engine (along with achievements worth 250gs total). Track packs also come with a one-time export code on the back of the game manual. NO disc is used for the export of these track packs (just the export code--it looks like a standard XBL code).

For disc exports, here's the rundown:

Rock Band 1: You only need the disc and 400 MSP. Once you download the latest update, and select the "Export Songs" option in the Options menu, the game rips 55 of the songs from the disc. Each song is given it's own separate file (In case you want to delete any unwanted songs).

Rock Band 2: You will need the Rock Band 3 disc, 800 MSP and the one-time use code on the back of the Rock Band 2 manual (this code can also be used to download a 20-pack of free bonus songs). Enter the manual code in the Rock Band 3 menu ("Get More Songs"). You pay the export fee, and you will have 70 of the 84 Rock Band 2 songs. The free Rock Band pack contains 9 bonus songs from Rock Band 2's export. The remaining 5 RB2 songs don't export.

Lego Rock Band: You will need the disc, the one-time use code on the insert that comes with the game and 800 MSP. Redeem the one-time use code on the specified webpage and go to the Music Store from the Lego RB main menu. Select the "Export Library" option in the menu. All 45 songs export.

Green Day Rock Band: 800 MSP to export. The export code for the 45 songs in this game can either be redeemed with a Green Day RB disc or through RB3's menu (the same as Rock Band 2's method). If you use the Green Day disc, there is an "Export Songs" option in the Option menu. The export code is located on the back of the Green Day game manual.

And it's that's simple. :) Sorry I took up so much space with that. :lol: I figure a lot of people got Rock Band 3 for the holidays and they're playing catch-up with information that's been available. Also, if you are only playing Rock Band 1 or RB2, the RB2 songs (export and bonus songs from RB2 disc) are the only tracks not playable in the older games. The exports for Green Day and Lego are playable in both previous RB titles (and Rock Band 1's export is playable in RB2). The only thing that you can't play in RB1 is Rock Band Network content (only playable in RB2 & RB3). ;)

Last thing, if you're looking for track packs, try K-Mart, Target, Toys 'R Us and if you have a local Family Dollar store near you, check those as well (they had $5 track packs for Xbox 360 and PS3--Metal, Country and Track Pack 2). They should still be in stock in most places. Check this thread for more info (it hasn't been posted in for a while, but the info is still valid):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275968

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']Many words...[/QUOTE]

Good christ man... next time you may not want to make a post that's a giant wall of text.

[quote name='kazunori']Ah I see. So only the importing of songs into RB2 is a one-time thing..

Thanks![/QUOTE]Don't think of it as importing to RB2. You are just adding it to the general pool of DLC that all the Rock Band games use. Even better!

It's important to understand that; there seemed to be a lot of confusion when Rock Band 3 came out and people wondered if they had to "import" the old content again.

If you have a Family Dollar store near you, they have had the :360: and :ps3: versions of Track Pack Vol 2 and the Metal Track pack, as well as a few other scattered ones, for $5. There's a whole thread somewhere about it.

In other news, I have a :ps3: AC/DC export code if anyone is interested...

[quote name='simmias'] I just hope the RB franchise lasts long enough to release a few great pro guitar songs.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the songs native to RB3 aren't already pro guitar ready?

[quote name='zenintrude']Good christ man... next time you may not want to make a post that's a giant wall of text.[/QUOTE]

Um...do you know what a wall of text actually is???? :whistle2:? I'm REALLY asking. Nothing I typed was unreadable. And it wasn't in one giant block of words. I said in the first paragraph that it was long post. If you're talking about the words being bunched together, that's how CAG displays paragraphs. I guess if I broke my replies up into 6 different posts, I would've gotten grief about the edit button, right?

I'm so sorry I tried to help uninformed players out. I forgot that there are people online with 5-second attention spans that have brain spasms at the sight of too many words on a computer screen (you may or may not be one of them...I'm not sure, but that's a general observation not a personal diss). My apologies. :roll:

[quote name='BlueSwim']"Going Under" is out on RBN!?:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yes on Xbox 360. Been available for a month now. :)

[quote name='confoosious']Are you saying the songs native to RB3 aren't already pro guitar ready?[/QUOTE]

All songs on the RB3 disc have pro guitar charts, but only select DLC has pro guitar/bass charts. It is an additional $.99/80 MSP for the pro guitar/bass song upgrade. Right now, Harmonix is still trying to figure out how popular pro upgrades are now and how successful they will be going forward. So it could be something that's SUPER successful once people get the Fender Squire pro guitar in March, or it could be something that gets a limited addition to future songs if it's not profitable enough.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']

All songs on the RB3 disc have pro guitar charts, but only select DLC has pro guitar/bass charts. It is an additional $.99/80 MSP for the pro guitar/bass song upgrade. Right now, Harmonix is still trying to figure out how popular pro upgrades are now and how successful they will be going forward. So it could be something that's SUPER successful once people get the Fender Squire pro guitar in March, or it could be something that gets a limited addition to future songs if it's not profitable enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what i figured. Paying 99 cents to upgrade old songs to pro guitar sounds about right. After all, it does take work.

We will occasionally make Rock Band 3 versions of legacy tracks available which will have Keys / Pro Keys and Harmonies, as well as Pro Drums, in addition to the standard instruments. In that instance, you can choose to purchase the Pro Upgrade featuring Pro Guitar and Pro Bass for the legacy track or for the Rock Band 3 version.

Have they hinted at any list yet?

as long as I can play all my rb1 & rb2 songs+all dlc in rock band 3 i'm fine with it. I can live without pro guitar and the new add-on features, I don't wanna pay for them anyways. Guess i'll pick up The Cars & Rush packs now. I'm going on 23gb of rock band music, damn i'm glad I got the 250gb slim 360.

Picked up the Rush & the Evanescence pack.

I know RB3 is a bit of a let down for a lot of people.
The menu system for example is just plain awful but me and the girlfriend
still get quite a kick out of it on xbox live with her friends...just wish they'd let
me sing.

On a side note, anyone have a LEGO Rockband export code they never used or don't intend to use? Girlfriend bought her copy used and the code no longer works so need to find her another one.

[quote name='izpep']On a side note, anyone have a LEGO Rockband export code they never used or don't intend to use? Girlfriend bought her copy used and the code no longer works so need to find her another one.[/QUOTE]
Not to go off topic, but I am also in the market for a :360: Lego Rock Band Export Code.

Back on topic, I think I'll be grabbing the Oasis and Police packs. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='tunavi']Wow these songs are ridiculously expensive. You guys actually pay for this stuff?[/QUOTE]

$2 a song seems alright to me as a standard price for a Rock Band song.

[quote name='Curufinwe']$2 a song seems alright to me as a standard price for a Rock Band song.[/QUOTE]

If you're buying discounted songs through these sales and getting discounted/bonus points by following various CAG threads, you're paying significantly less than $2 per song (I'm looking at you, CCR pack).

[quote name='Curufinwe']$2 a song seems alright to me as a standard price for a Rock Band song.[/QUOTE]I have often "allowed" friends to buy Rock Band songs for me because they really wanted to play a particular track. A surprising amount of people have been happy to hand me $2 and download away. Just pointing out that a lot of casual non-gamers have no problem with the DLC price point either. ;)

Thank for the tip OP! I still have some XBL poitns burning a whole in my pocket. In for Weezer for sure as that the last track pack from them that I don't already have. Funny i think I've gotten every single Weezer pack on sale at some point over the last few years. I'll probably pick up Evanescence too, just not familiar with "Weight of the World".
On a related note - I have yet to pick up Rock band 3, been looking for a good deal on a keyboard bundle for the 360. Anyone see a decent deal on this yet. With their underwhelming sales number I have to figure Amazon, Gamestop or even Target will put them on sale or clearance them out soon.

Grabbed the 2nd Weezer pack and Moving Pictures. Probably will snag the Cars album and maybe one or two of the other packs. The Evanescence and Police packs are something I probably will end up downloading. I have the Nine Inch Nails pack already and I don't care much for Oasis or Jimmy Buffet but I might end up with those simply because people like them quite a bit.

[quote name='NoDAK']Heh. Ended up making a purchase after all. Already owned a song in one of the 3-packs, but decided to bite the bullet and buy the pack for the other 2 tracks.

Btw, OP might want to add the following info:

http://www.rockband.com/blog/ten-packs-dlc-sale[/QUOTE]

Added! Thank you!

The Pepsi promotion ruined this sale for me - for most of the packs, I've already got one or two songs, which makes the discounts either pointless or minimal impact. Oh well...

Still hoping the Offspring pack actually drops - I've already got "Pretty Fly," but I need "Self Esteem" and "Gone Away" could be fun.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']Quick reviews (if anyone cares :lol:):[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. :shock:

You know your Rock Band, and that's a quality post. Good job. :)

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']And this post is a lot longer than I wanted it to look, but I promise it's a good read. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all that info. Was indeed worth reading, especially the exporting info, cause I've got all these Rock Band discs I bought a few months ago to prepare myself for RB3 (though since I've got it I've been generally lazy to set up the full thing unless friends come over anyway) :whistle2:?

Thanks for the lengthy, but aweomse post freestufffan...

I exported RB1 tonight. I won;t do RB2 until I can find RB3 cheap (I'm looking at you, Target). I need to figure out the cheapest way to do Lego, since there are some songs I'd like off of there.

Oh yeah - and you CAG fuckers have officially gotten me back into these damn music games. I started playing and now I am re-hooked. Damn.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Thanks for the lengthy, but aweomse post freestufffan...

I exported RB1 tonight. I won;t do RB2 until I can find RB3 cheap (I'm looking at you, Target). I need to figure out the cheapest way to do Lego, since there are some songs I'd like off of there.

Oh yeah - and you CAG fuckers have officially gotten me back into these damn music games. I started playing and now I am re-hooked. Damn.[/QUOTE]

I bought Lego Rock Band off eBay for like $14 or so new, and then exported the songs and resold on eBay for $15. I had gotten the points at no cost to me so I basically got it all for free.

So far, picked up All That Remains (great guitar parts), Evanescence (for parties) and Weezer (just plain awesome). I'd get Rush in a heartbeat but already have a couple of the songs. I can't get into the "live" sound of the Buffett re-recordings so I might pass. I'm pretty sure I'll get the Cars before the sale is over and I hope The Offspring finally gets marked down!

Thanks for the writeup, freestufffan! Helped me make up my mind.

bread's done
Back