Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='IvanHood']Matt Young, when can you play this week? I can play after 9 EST on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday. I could also probably do some time next weekend, but not at night.[/QUOTE]

I guess out of those time, 9 Eastern on Wednesday would be best. Tonight's no good because I wouldn't miss Packers/Vikings for anything short of Christ's second coming.

[quote name='seen']Your previous 2 posts were deleted because you started to make personal attacks on me using derogatory and inappropriate names.

The game we were playing was good until some strange things happened. First, the disconnect happened after I had just made a long pass that left me at his 1 yard line.
As the clock was winding down in the 2nd qtr (I was going to get it back in the 3rd) and I almost selected my play the game proceeds to lag for 3 seconds, comes back then lags for 20 seconds and then says "you opponent has quit".

It showed him going offline, he then signs back online and sends a message asking what happened. I tell him the message I got and he says it said the same thing for him. Based on all his comments prior to the game, I saw this as him creating a way out for a restart. If the situation was reversed, he would have finished vs the CPU since based on his other comments it doesn't sound like he wanted me to remain in the league prior to our game.[/QUOTE]

Not to bring this back up or take sides... but when I played against Albo when he was the Bengals this happened to me as well. I went up 7-0 in the 1st quarter, he disconnected. I quit out thinking it was fluke. Started again, went up 7-0 again, he disconnected. Quit out again since it was only the 1st quarter. Started 3rd game, he gets like an 80+ yard TD in the beginning of the game and goes up 14-0. No disconnects. So whether it truly was his connection the first 2 games or not, who knows, but I just wanted to add that.

[quote name='mvp828']Again to bhaines23 and the rest of the league... Sorry about making my first game a simmed one. It won't be a regular thing, had a wedding on Drummond Island, MI and there isn't any high speed available in my cabin.
Look forward to playing here in Week 10.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem! I think it's an understanding we all have lives outside this league so I wouldn't sweat it.

[quote name='gamcreator']Not to bring this back up or take sides... but when I played against Albo when he was the Bengals this happened to me as well. I went up 7-0 in the 1st quarter, he disconnected. I quit out thinking it was fluke. Started again, went up 7-0 again, he disconnected. Quit out again since it was only the 1st quarter. Started 3rd game, he gets like an 80+ yard TD in the beginning of the game and goes up 14-0. No disconnects. So whether it truly was his connection the first 2 games or not, who knows, but I just wanted to add that.

Wow. Just. Wow.

[quote name='gamcreator']Not to bring this back up or take sides... but when I played against Albo when he was the Bengals this happened to me as well. I went up 7-0 in the 1st quarter, he disconnected. I quit out thinking it was fluke. Started again, went up 7-0 again, he disconnected. Quit out again since it was only the 1st quarter. Started 3rd game, he gets like an 80+ yard TD in the beginning of the game and goes up 14-0. No disconnects. So whether it truly was his connection the first 2 games or not, who knows, but I just wanted to add that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I'd suggest one disconnect: you give the person the benefit of the doubt. Two disconnects (under the same circumstances...ie. you having a lead): tough shit.

[quote name='gamcreator']Not to bring this back up or take sides... but when I played against Albo when he was the Bengals this happened to me as well. I went up 7-0 in the 1st quarter, he disconnected. I quit out thinking it was fluke. Started again, went up 7-0 again, he disconnected. Quit out again since it was only the 1st quarter. Started 3rd game, he gets like an 80+ yard TD in the beginning of the game and goes up 14-0. No disconnects. So whether it truly was his connection the first 2 games or not, who knows, but I just wanted to add that.[/QUOTE]

Lame. The first game we tied. Second game, you were up. Third game you had a lead LATE into the fourth quarter.

Not sure why I would quit my game against the Patriots when it was tied and he played absolutely atrociously. No offense to you seen, but you're not a great Madden player shown clearly by your 1-6 record. I was pummeling him but I had three fumbles I believe.

LOL, you don't even know the game stats. Further you had 0 forced-fumbles when you quit, afterward the computer forced 2 fumbles at the end of the game.

Odd. I recall Ronnie Brown fumbling at least once but I may be wrong. You can check back with Grand Cru because I was commentating for him until he left. But that doesn't defer from the fact that you have to play the CPU to win. :lol:

EDIT: Yup right, McAlister forced one on Brown.

[quote name='Matt Young']I guess out of those time, 9 Eastern on Wednesday would be best. Tonight's no good because I wouldn't miss Packers/Vikings for anything short of Christ's second coming.[/QUOTE]

Edit: I totally forgot that I am going to see David Cross on Wednesday night. I could play late on Wednesday (around midnight EST) or any time on Thursday night. I could also probably do tomorrow, if that would work better for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RamesuThe1']Pitfallharry219(Redskins)...I will be available pretty much every evening after about 5:30 est, let me know when u can play.[/QUOTE]

Tuesday should work. I'll let you know.

[quote name='IvanHood']Edit: I totally forgot that I am going to see David Cross on Wednesday night. I could play late on Wednesday (around midnight EST) or any time on Thursday night. I could also probably do tomorrow, if that would work better for you.[/QUOTE]

Let's play Thursday around 9:15-9:30 Eastern.

Rams rebound after their embarrassing loss to the Lions with a 20-10 win over the Saints and new owner phillyphil2489. St. Louis kept the ball on the ground to pile up 132 yards. Steven Jackson averaged 8.3 yards per carry. Meanwhile, the Rams D forced three Drew Brees interceptions. Still, the New Orleans QB managed 180 yards and 1 TD.

GG phillyphil.

ubernes, go ahead and play.

Mr Grand Cru, if the Falcons owner doesn't reply soon, let me know and I'll give him the boot. He's been very unresponsive.

Bengals
Trade Block Reminder:

Looking for:
QB SPD 68+ OVR 65+
HB SPD 87+ OVR 68+

Willing to get rid of a better player for both positions and/or picks.

Special notes:
Lions owner... Are you still interested in trading Tavaris Jackson?

[quote name='Azumangaman']ubernes, go ahead and play.

Mr Grand Cru, if the Falcons owner doesn't reply soon, let me know and I'll give him the boot. He's been very unresponsive.[/QUOTE]

if you give anyone the boot let me know. i would like to join. lord knows i got time to play.

I know that we are only allowed one free agent, but I was wondering if there was any way I could possibly sign two? Here is what I would like to do:

Sign
HB JJ Arrington OVR 73
QB Josh Johnson OVR 38

Release
HB Kenny Watson OVR 68
CB David Jones OVR 54

Would this be possible?

[quote name='mvp828']Bengals
Trade Block Reminder:

Looking for:
QB SPD 68+ OVR 65+
HB SPD 87+ OVR 68+

Willing to get rid of a better player for both positions and/or picks.

Special notes:
Lions owner... Are you still interested in trading Tavaris Jackson?[/QUOTE]

I AM still interested in trading Jackson, but I will need a backup QB as this would leave me with only Stafford.

[quote name='mvp828']I know that we are only allowed one free agent, but I was wondering if there was any way I could possibly sign two? Here is what I would like to do:

Sign
HB JJ Arrington OVR 73
QB Josh Johnson OVR 38

Release
HB Kenny Watson OVR 68
CB David Jones OVR 54

Would this be possible?[/QUOTE]

Yes we can consider it if you explain why you need the two FA. But it has to be one hell of a explanation because its a league wide rule and it cant create a unfair advantage.

For starters I need a backup QB, and since I haven't received any offers for QBs at all, I need to sign one. As for the RB, I have been trying to find one and haven't had any offers that have been really that good looking.

I don't really see how that creates an unfair advantage seeing as I would only be adding a RB that might be as good or worse than most backups in the league, and adding a QB that is something like the 3rd or 4th worst in the game.

You are not understanding, it doesnt matter who you add its the fact that you can only select 1 FA and 1 only, that is the rule we set up before the league started and that is the rule we must follow.

Just wanting more players isnt a good enough reason for us to break the rule. You have your choice of signing a RB or a back up QB choose whatever you think is more imporant and then offer a deal for a back up QB. If you get no offer.....well....you get no QB.

Sorry man but you are not the first person who wanted a different set of players and it would be unfair to allow someone to sign players he wanted after we just took the 5 FA off of seen team.

I am understanding, you aren't understanding... I am saying that I need one to be able to have a backup QB that way if he gets hurt I am not starting a player from another position. The RB would be the player that I want to get from FA.

Oh, I see what happened, Azu dropped your QB to make room for the trade. Damn you Azu.

Resign Jordon Palmer the QB that Azu dropped for you and drop someone else. So once again, you can not sign two FA, what you can do is resign the QB Jordon Palmer that Azu dropped for you (if he is still there EA site is down cant check) drop someone to make room for him then sign JJ.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Oh, I see what happened, Azu dropped your QB to make room for the trade. Damn you Azu.

Resign Jordon Palmer the QB that Azu dropped for you and drop someone else. So once again, you can not sign two FA, what you can do is resign the QB Jordon Palmer that Azu dropped for you (if he is still there EA site is down cant check) drop someone to make room for him then sign JJ.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sorry :p
If you can do this, I'd really appreciate it.

Broncos defeat Redskins

The Carson Palmer lead Broncos cruised past the Redskins setting up a showdown for AFC West supremacy next week against the Chargers.

Carson Palmer played well throwing 2 td's and completing 85% of his passes. The only blemish coming in the form of a bone-head redzone int that didn't hurt the
Broncos much.

In other news, Knowshon Moreno had a big game as predicted, with 130+ yards and a TD, Moreno earned player of the game honors. As the Broncos end their 2 game skid and now eye 1st place in the West.

That reminds me where is Neworlbushl? Havent seen him around in forever and hasnt been on XBL in a couple days.

ight cool ill be able to check around one tommoro, and MVP the last offer was tempting i sent a counter option pm to you but im still considering the one u sent me.

It was good Grand Cru... I replied and accepted.

So here it is... The trade hot off the press.

Panthers send:

Jonathan Stewart RB 86
Josh McCown QB 69
Captain Munnerlyn CB 63

for

Bengals send:

Leon Hall CB 77
Bengals first rd draft pick.

The Bengals look to continue to rebuild/reconstruct their offense while helping the Panthers add some youth to their Defense.

Looks fine to me. I'll let it get some more looks and process it Wednesday afternoon (or deny it). It should go through from the looks of things.

Okay sounds good Azu... I am going to drop two players tonight or tomorrow early afternoon to make room for my additions.

Also, JDM and I have scheduled to play our game tomorrow night at 10 PM PST.

Ultimate Matt, want to trade over Braylon? :)

Braylon Edwards, WR, 86 OVR

for

Chansi Stuckey, WR, 67 OVR
Jason Trusnik, MLB, 55 OVR
2nd Round Pick 2010 Draft

I upped the pick from 3rd to 2nd from the actual trade, but I'm willing to adjust it more than that. Just figured it would be a good starting point.

edit: can we trade late round picks too? like 6th? I would add the 6th rounder too.

.....You guys are the worst traders I have ever seen. (although I know thats a real trade) You guys just throw draft picks around all willy nilly. Most of these trades are complete crap, although I have no problem with them being done.

[quote name='soodmeg'].....you guys are the worst traders i have ever seen. (although i know thats a real trade) you guys just throw draft picks around all willy nilly. Most of these trades are complete crap, although i have no problem with them being done.[/quote]

agreed!

[quote name='Soodmeg'].....You guys are the worst traders I have ever seen. (although I know thats a real trade) You guys just throw draft picks around all willy nilly. Most of these trades are complete crap, although I have no problem with them being done.[/QUOTE]

Well half the reason the Browns are trading Edwards is because he's a locker room problem and his contract is up this year. Both of those are non factors in Madden. I upped the 3rd round to a 2nd, and downgraded the 5th to a 6th. (The 3rd round can vest into a 2nd I'm hearing now anyways).

With that said, I think giving a 2nd rounder is pretty justified for Edwards.

[quote name='Soodmeg'].....You guys are the worst traders I have ever seen. (although I know thats a real trade) You guys just throw draft picks around all willy nilly. Most of these trades are complete crap, although I have no problem with them being done.[/QUOTE]

I hope you are just talking about that one, because if you honestly think that the one Grand Cru and I did is that bad than you are an idiot.

bread's done
Back