Madden 10 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE (Tournament)- LOTS OF TEAMS AVAILABLE!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']shinryuu,

Just wanted to let you know plans changed and I should be around all evening. I'll look for you around the times I mentioned before though, but if sooner works better let me know.[/QUOTE]
I'm on right now...

EDIT: I'm gonna play my other league game first.. so, wait another ~1hr? Sorry.

was looking to know too. Still need to play Sood. I havent heard anything from him yet (though havent put any effort into contacting him myself either)

What the hell? I didnt even know I needed to play a game.

God damn, NBA 2k10 has raped my free time. Sorry about that homeland, I can play right now....or at about 7pm EST after I get done coaching soccer. I can also play anytime tomorrow.

Post a time and I can make it.

At work now..god would love to be able to play at work. Thursday is shot. How about 8 pm tonight?

Will Soodmeg be able to stop the colts winning streak? The gods have thrown him his toughest challenge yet. Can he live up to his title of "madden genius"?

Tonight we find out. Are you ready for some football!!

Well I've tried sending a couple PMs to my opponent and have only got one response. I'm a little disappointed because this is really the first time I've had trouble communicating with somebody and I'd really like to play my game since the race is so tight in the NFC.

Good game Soodmeg. Abit funny my biggest play was the screen lol. I thought my guy caught it on deflection on that 2 point conversion. Final score Tenn over indy 17-9

Sigh.

Yeah, good game man.

The following rant has nothing to do with homeland, the league or anyone else here and everything to do with how broken this game is has simulating football in any aspect.

I am so fucking sick of running dig, shallow cross and quick fade routes. I am sick of not running real football plays, I know I can get 5-15 yards on a shallow cross but whats the point? So I have switched up my offense to only call what I deem real plays and it damn near impossible to get this plays to work because the passing game is so broken....also kinda sick of seeing 98% zone defense.

This isnt a knock on homeland but he ran what looked like the same defense the entire game. Which is fine..run whatever you want. But I hate the fact that the game refuses to let me punish anyone for running zones.

I am running trips vs his shallow cover 1 zone yet I cant seem to pull the DB apart with any combo of routes because each DB can cover 2 or 3 WR within a 30 yard radius with bullshit, "all knowing AI." Plus the routes are not timed out with the QB drop..I have thrown like 5 INT over the last 3 games simply because I am making an effort to throw at the end of my real drop instead of dropping back like 10 yards and waiting but each time I do I have a magical fucking linebacker jumping up with a spinning 1 hand INT like he was breed from Moss juice.

Not to mention you cant run a real 3-4 because there is no double teams on the line so delay blitzes dont really work.Cant run overload blitzes because the backside fucking TE will magically know and slide 10 feet over to make a block.

Simply trying to play this game like a real football game essential breaks everything and I just dont have fun with it anymore. Its great if you want to do the same 10 things over and over and call that football.

I said all of that just to say I am definitely not joining you guys for a second season. There are too many good quality games coming out for me to waste my time trying to force this game to play anything like its real life counter part. Coming from 2k10 to this is painful.

I wish more of you guys were soccer fans.....that game is straight money and would be a million times more fun to play.

Packers 23, Ravens 7

I moved to 7-5 and back into a first place tie in the NFC North.

We still have 4 unplayed games and the deadline is tonight. Come on, guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Games:
Raiders vs. Steelers
Rams vs. Bears
49ers vs. Seahawks
Patriots vs. Dolphins

Franky, if MikeBike doesn't respond, please let me know and I'll boot/re invite him so he can come back next week.

OH SNAP - looks like the NFC North will come down to the end. Thankfully Matt Young has three tough games to end the season.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Games:
Raiders vs. Steelers
Rams vs. Bears
49ers vs. Seahawks
Patriots vs. Dolphins

Franky, if MikeBike doesn't respond, please let me know and I'll boot/re invite him so he can come back next week.[/QUOTE]

You have PM

shinryuu,

That was a good game we had the other day. Can't believe I lost without giving up an offensive touchdown. The first 14 points in like 30 seconds killed me. I was pretty proud of how I played except the pick I threw later in the game really did me in.

I have pm'd him on here and xbox. our scheduels have just been at different times. I have made an effort, as has he, to get this game done so I dont know why I would be the one booted.

He has been on at times on xbox at the same time as me and would not respond so again I am not sure why I would be the one booted. Our scheduels have just been different, that is all.

[quote name='MikeBike']I have pm'd him on here and xbox. our scheduels have just been at different times. I have made an effort, as has he, to get this game done so I dont know why I would be the one booted.

He has been on at times on xbox at the same time as me and would not respond so again I am not sure why I would be the one booted. Our scheduels have just been different, that is all.[/QUOTE]

I was on Netflix last night. You have sent me ONE message on there and I have notifications turned off during those videos, which is EXACTLY what I told you when I responded (30 minutes or so later)! How hard is it to respond to the PM I sent you? Obviously you came in here and posted but didn't respond to my PM asking if you could play tonight. So can you set up a time with me or not? Tonight at 11pm cent time good or no? I would like to have you verify this and not just assume that I'll be on at that time. Don't just hop on and expect me to play if we haven't set up a time, I'm not there for your convenience. I have sent you probably 6 messages here on CAG to your 2 or so and you still can't agree to a time. For the record communication with everyone else in this league has been great and I've never had a problem. Lets just get our game in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FrankySox']I was on Netflix last night. You have sent me ONE message on there and I have notifications turned off during those videos, which is EXACTLY what I told you when I responded (30 minutes or so later)! How hard is it to respond to the PM I sent you? Obviously you came in here and posted but didn't respond to my PM asking if you could play tonight. So can you set up a time with me or not? Tonight at 11pm cent time good or no? I would like to have you verify this and not just assume that I'll be on at that time. Don't just hop on and expect me to play if we haven't set up a time, I'm not there for your convenience. I have sent you probably 6 messages here on CAG to your 2 or so and you still can't agree to a time. For the record communication with everyone else in this league has been great and I've never had a problem. Lets just get our game in.[/QUOTE]

Woah speed racer. I didnt blame you for anything, i was just giving an example of how we have been trying to get the game done. I said we both made an effort. But you are right, I have had a busy scheduel and maybe it wasnt a good idea to join the league. Sorry for whatever and I will leave the league. It isnt because of this that I am leaving, I just do not enjoy the game as much anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.

[quote name='MikeBike']Woah speed racer. I didnt blame you for anything, i was just giving an example of how we have been trying to get the game done. I said we both made an effort. But you are right, I have had a busy scheduel and maybe it wasnt a good idea to join the league. Sorry for whatever and I will leave the league. It isnt because of this that I am leaving, I just do not enjoy the game as much anymore. Sorry for the inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you are seriously leaving? I don't want you to leave I want you to play the game. I was just defending myself about you saying that I was ignoring your requests. I just was hoping you'd reply back and verify a time that is all. I think you should stay in the league and play tonight at 11pm cent time like I requested, that is unless you REALLY don't think you commit to this league.

Yeah sorry. Again I havent been enjoying the game as much as I used too plus things are busy right now for me. I had already thought about trading in the game but the leagues I am in are the only thing that have made me keep the game.

I do not feel I could commit to the league and have left. Again sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you can understand.

So many ppl are droppin...I still love the game and hopefully we can get some ppl that will be more committed in the next season...one can only hope

I'd imagine we'll have around 20 people next season which should be fine. I'd rather not take in any new players so the ones we have should be very dedicated.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']So many ppl are droppin...I still love the game and hopefully we can get some ppl that will be more committed in the next season...one can only hope[/QUOTE]

We're cutting the fat. You can bet I'll be around for season two.

When is the league advancing because me and seen are scheduled to play tomorrow at around 4. I hope it's not advanced prior because it's pretty vital for both of us. Also because our last game was cut short.

[quote name='MikeBike']Yeah sorry. Again I havent been enjoying the game as much as I used too plus things are busy right now for me. I had already thought about trading in the game but the leagues I am in are the only thing that have made me keep the game.

I do not feel I could commit to the league and have left. Again sorry for the inconvenience, I hope you can understand.[/QUOTE]

No inconvenience, just would like to see as many players as possible here that are dedicated.

Tonight at 11:59, but I'll probably be sleeping before then. I'll advance it tomorrow when you are done, but from then on DEADLINES ARE 100% final.

Rams outlast Bears 24-14 in a tight game. The Bears' stingy defense kept Steven Jackson in check for most of the game, but in the end, the Rams' star RB found a way to chew up the rest of the clock and secure a win. Good game, Regian!

[quote name='FrankySox']eh, beat the computer 49-35, but the computer was seriously pulling some messed up shit here. Pretty crazy game with the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Franky - I had the same thing with CPU Cinci, they were super-strong. Almost lost the game, but thankfully came back at the end...

I get the Ravens CPU this week - should be interesting...

Jesus dude. You guys cant at least have the courtesy of leaving after the fucking season, we are on week 14 for gods sake.

Yes, madden as become extremely boring for me also but to bail at this stage in the season is just plain rude. Unless you really need the money why cant you tough it out for the remaining 3 games and leaving right after? Its really a slap in the face of all the other owners.

Whatever though.

Agree with Sood, though I'm not quite as passionate about it. :)

No reason for people not to finish out 3 games, it's not like we're advancing every other day either so it isn't a time consumer.

bread's done
Back