Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey bvharris , young deezy is actually my younger brother he didn't get the madden yet but is going to stop by my house tommorrow, what time could you play tommorrow so I can find out what time he wants to stop in.[/QUOTE]

Whenever works for him, I can make myself available.

I hate to do this but I gotta drop out...I had some real life stuff come up and won't have the money for the game for 2 more weeks. Sorry for that..So I guess someone can take the falcons. I was really looking forward to this. Damn Child Support taking half my check and then having a oil leak and my raise not on this check :(

Oh and the game on my gamercard has been playing at a buddies house, but I can't do that for the next 2 weeks every time I gotta play.

Ok, so gbpackers94 are taking over the Falcons.

The Steelers are now open. Seahawks, Dolphins, and Colts could still become available if they don't show up before Sunday.

[quote name='BigAT']MasterAwesome, are you going to be around at all tonight? Quite a tough game to start out my schedule.[/QUOTE]

Lol well at least we're on the same page there...I've been kind of addicted to that Madden Ultimate Team thing and have been neglecting the Panthers a bit so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get destroyed. Sorry I'm responding so late, I actually just woke up if you can believe that...I should be around until around 7:00 EST tonight, but it's kind of a stretch to hope that you get this message before then. I'd say the latest I could play is like 6:00 EST if you could make that/if you read this by then.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Don't worry deuce. I managed to deflate ubernes' ego 38-28. He threw 500 yards but still couldn't come away with a w ...[/QUOTE]

I'm the reigning afc champ 2 seasons running...I ain't worried at all. I was due for a loss to him after three games in which my team played well above their talent level. I'm just waiting for the rematch lol

Ok, got my online pass validated and am signed up for the league (in the lobby as we speak)

The Redskins are ready to go..

My first game is the Cowboys??! I don't care if I go 1-15 so long as I crush the Cowgirls... Dear god I hate them.

To the owner of the Cowboys, I am good to play anytime you need me to, just send me a message via XBL

Gamertag: OCD Nightmare

;)

Someone want to tell me how long Keller is out for. I just remembered Deuce sent him off on a cart but I never looked and I'm away from my xbox now.

[quote name='ubernes']Someone want to tell me how long Keller is out for. I just remembered Deuce sent him off on a cart but I never looked and I'm away from my xbox now.[/QUOTE]

4 weeks

So embarrassing...I lost 20-43 even though the score should have been like 7-63. I guess I don't understand Madden at all, every pass play I just had to pick some random receiver to throw it to and pray that he would miraculously catch it somehow since everyone was so well-guarded every play. And is there some kickoff return play that works better than others? I could never even make it to the 20 yard line without 10 giants players in my face but BigAT had some pretty solid returns including one for a touchdown. All my guys constantly get stuffed by his special teams. I have that problem every single time I play a match in Madden '11...I don't think I've ever returned a kickoff past the 25 yard line, I don't get it.

The Giants' season started out strong, showing they were a team full of mudders by opening the season in the slop resulting from a rainy day at the new Giants Stadium. Every group of the team showed up, with impressive performances by Eli, the running duo of Jacobs and Bradshaw and the Giant defense.

As far as the kick returns go, they just made them significantly more difficult this year. It's the same way in NCAA as well. I've played a fair amount of Madden '11 already and my kick return for a touchdown was the first I've seen in the game. I hadn't run for one or allowed one up until this point. The truth is this year you won't always get to the 20 and big returns happen much less frequently.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm in! Sorry about the delay. Soodmeg, let me know what time works for you. Got nothing going on the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Sup, I can get a game in today if you would like. I am about to eat dinner and I might pass out because I just worked 17 hours with no break or lunch. Shoot me any time and I will make sure I am there.

Mike Wallace stole the show and got me back into the game today.

I lost McFadden for 10 weeks :(

But I am very excited to be in this league. GL to all

Just lost 38-59 but it was waaay closer than that. I led by ten in the third but then things started falling apart. Fumbles, pic sixes, you name it it happened to me. Overall I'm happy with falcpns, just need to work on stopping big plays. Also harry Douglas had 3 tds before getting injured in the third and for that I curse you zuzero (but seriously, good game)

It was a lot closer than the score. Very GG

[quote name='gbpackers94']Just lost 38-59 but it was waaay closer than that. I led by ten in the third but then things started falling apart. Fumbles, pic sixes, you name it it happened to me. Overall I'm happy with falcpns, just need to work on stopping big plays. Also harry Douglas had 3 tds before getting injured in the third and for that I curse you zuzero (but seriously, good game)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I've joined the league.

Packers (X Matt Young X): I can play Monday at any time.[/QUOTE]

i responded to your PM, but I will be out of town this weekend like you, and Monday as well. Not too far, but away from my Xbox. I'll be at Staples Center for WWE SummerSlam on Sunday and Raw on Monday, coming home Tuesday. I could play Saturday, or late Friday possibly.

I finally got to play the CPU. I lost my first Ultimate Team game vs. the CPU 14-12, but it was my fault when I gave up a pick 6. My team was rated 50-something. After the loss, I entered those Doritos codes and got all these 90's rated guys, and my team jumped to a 73 overall. I think I'll save them for vs. user games, though. Ultimate Team is addicting!

Tried the AFL presentation as well. It's kind of cool, but seems like it would get old quickly. Had some fun dominating the Broncos as the Chargers.

Lost pretty big to the Raiders. GG. No discredit to Raiders. After my gameplan fell apart in the first half I really just started running HB dives.

I am trying something new in madden. Lets see how many loses I take before I either give it up completely or it starts working.

I was just messing around online, playing a quick head-to-head match with some random guy.

I do not have alot of experience playing Madden on XBL, however, so was curious to get other's feedback. I understand some lag, and framerate will always be an issue playing a game online, atleast to SOME degree, however the amount of lag I experienced was odd..

When I had the ball, things ran great, smoothly, really no hiccups at all. Yet when he was on the offensive side of the ball, it seemed like things would lag in the worst possible moment, like just as a ball was about to be caught, or as a reciever was running and just before the ball carrier made a cut-back to the opposite side of the field.

Basically in the worst possible times for me and the 'best' or most fortunate times for that guy. Is this sort of thing normal, playing madden online? Or is this, hopefully, just a single, bad luck occurance?

Just trying to get a sense of how frustrated I can expect to be as I play each game this year lol

Is there any way we could turn off game flow? It was really annoying to have to hit X before every single play just to get to my playbook.

Yeah good game Soodmeg. I was pretty scared every time Chris Johnson touched the ball. The guy is amazing. As for the lag, yes it's still noticeable. Every game I play online has some form of lag. I wish they would hurry up and fix it.

[quote name='BigAT']
As far as the kick returns go, they just made them significantly more difficult this year. It's the same way in NCAA as well. I've played a fair amount of Madden '11 already and my kick return for a touchdown was the first I've seen in the game. I hadn't run for one or allowed one up until this point. The truth is this year you won't always get to the 20 and big returns happen much less frequently.[/QUOTE]

Strange, I've had the exact opposite experience. I've seen way more return TDs than I recall seeing in Madden 10, but then it could just be small sample size.

[quote name='BigAT']Is there any way we could turn off game flow? It was really annoying to have to hit X before every single play just to get to my playbook.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I really have no desire to use Gameflow.. I assume it's all one way or the other for the league?

[quote name='bvharris']Strange, I've had the exact opposite experience. I've seen way more return TDs than I recall seeing in Madden 10, but then it could just be small sample size.[/QUOTE]

I've talked to plenty of people that have had the same experience as you, but I just haven't seen it. Who knows.

I like Gameflow. Why not leave it on? Those who don't want to sue it only have to press one button. I think it's really nice when you have your audibles set.

One button * a ton of plays = a ton of buttons

It was really bothersome during my game with MasterAwesome.

i'm probably too late, but i'll take the Seahawks if theres still space open

CAG: sayHey
Gamertag: Mant3L
Team: Seattle Seahawks

I like gameflow, especially on defense. And about lag, the only times it really bothers me is when I'm kicking. I'm terrified when ever I have to kick an extra point.

Hey venom, I sent you a PM and added you on XBL, so just let me know when works for you this weekend.

Regarding Gameflow, I would rather disable it, but I'm OK with having to press an extra button if the majority is in favor of keeping it.

Re: gameflow. I don't think there's a setting to take it off.

Darth was just talking to me and he wants us to team up with bvharrjs and take on the triple threat of Cru, Duece and Rames in team play. Haha, I'm down. Let's set it up.

[quote name='ubernes']Re: gameflow. I don't think there's a setting to take it off.

Darth was just talking to me and he wants us to team up with bvharrjs and take on the triple threat of Cru, Duece and Rames in team play. Haha, I'm down. Let's set it up.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I think you're right. That's fucking ridiculous.

I would love to do a CAG Team Play game this weekend sometime. I've been trying to find a decent OTP game since I got the game.

[quote name='ubernes']Re: gameflow. I don't think there's a setting to take it off.

Darth was just talking to me and he wants us to team up with bvharrjs and take on the triple threat of Cru, Duece and Rames in team play. Haha, I'm down. Let's set it up.[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried Team Play yet, but I'd be willing.

As for Gameflow, I guess I'll just go in and set up audibles and then give it a try.

Yeah gameflow is ridiculously annoying for me. I'm really impatient and am used to hitting A over and over to skip all the replays and get the play going as fast as possible and sometimes I forget and accidentally choose gameflow. I remember one play against BigAT where that happened to me and it chose some crazy blitz play that left Manningham WIDE open deep all by himself...I tried to rush over with Beason but there was no way to catch him.

Whoa, I had no idea the league started today. Would have sworn reading somewhere here that it was tomorrow.

Anyways, just logged in and found out that the Lions(my first game) still hasn't signed up yet. I guess I should wait?

[quote name='bvharris']I couldn't add it before, but I tried YoungDeezy without a space and it worked.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I was laying in bed and decided to reach over for my droid and check the forum , I knew I would find something interesting lol I will go ahead and set it up for tommorow I'm not sure what time it depends if me and ramsue are playing basketball lol ill keep you posted. On another note bvharris my brother has the game now and said he sent you a friend request over xbox live he can play at noon or sooner he will be online a lot tommorow. On another side note has the seahawks owner joined or check in yet I want to play my game while I'm feeling lucky lol.

[quote name='sayHey']i'm probably too late, but i'll take the Seahawks if theres still space open

CAG: sayHey
Gamertag: Mant3L
Team: Seattle Seahawks[/QUOTE]

I'll put you on the waiting list. Looks like teams will open up.

Is the game set to all pro or all madden? I would assume with the way the defense is acting its all pro. I wish we would have it on all madden.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Is the game set to all pro or all madden? I would assume with the way the defense is acting its all pro. I wish we would have it on all madden.[/QUOTE]

We talked about this last week or so. It seemed like the majority of us thought All Madden was too silly this year.

feroci0us1 is now the owner of the Dolphins.

III HydroX III has taken over the Colts.

The Bucs are now open to those on the waiting list. Hoping one of them swings in here.

h2h games with 2 owners (so they can be played now):

Packers vs Eagles
Chiefs vs Chargers
Cowboys vs Redskins
Cardinals vs Rams

finally, people who have YET to join the franchise and should have an invite/league info:

Saints, Lions, Broncos, Browns, Pats (and of course Colts and Dolphins).

edit: why am I up at 9 am when I was up here at 3 am? hahah.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eddie291']
Anyways, just logged in and found out that the Lions(my first game) still hasn't signed up yet. I guess I should wait?[/QUOTE]

Yes, please do. Everyone should be playing a human opponent...at least this week. :)

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']hey anybody know whats going on with the seahawks owner ? Did he get the Madden yet ?[/QUOTE]

He hasn't been in here since he claimed the team. Expect a new owner later today.

Based of off the Tracking # from buy.com I will have my game today or Monday at worst, so let me know what teams are available and I'll select from them.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']whats his gamertag, I wanted to talk to him.[/QUOTE]

Do you know what happened to your brother? He dropped from our game and hasn't been back on since.

bread's done
Back