Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='bvharris']Do you know what happened to your brother? He dropped from our game and hasn't been back on since.[/QUOTE]

he said the internet at his house was messing up he will be back on as soon as he could figure it out ill keep you posted. until i go play basketball around one thirty.

Hey broadway row thanks and good game, I was wondering when will we be eligible to make trades ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']he said the internet at his house was messing up he will be back on as soon as he could figure it out ill keep you posted. until i go play basketball around one thirty.
[/QUOTE]

Alright, that's what I figured. I've got plans today so I can't wait around, but we can try and get it in this evening.

Scotts85, hey i sent you a private message, I am not your opponent this week I just had something to ask you, and I see your from Maryland, what part are you from ?

34-14 cards. Bradford is a beast and the score should have been closer if he had anyone to throw to.
Should be a interesting season in the west ...

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']34-14 cards. Bradford is a beast and the score should have been closer if he had anyone to throw to.
Should be a interesting season in the west ...[/QUOTE]

Im not looking forward to Fitzgerald and Beanie Wells, ooo well I hope I win my first game once my opponent is confirmed.

Uh, he just "disconnected" from our game again, yet he's still online. This time well into the game, with me up 24-14, and him just having failed on a 4th down conversion. I'm not saying for sure anything's fishy, but the timing was odd.

Ubernes, what should I do about this?

[quote name='bvharris']Uh, he just "disconnected" from our game again, yet he's still online. This time well into the game, with me up 24-14, and him just having failed on a 4th down conversion. I'm not saying for sure anything's fishy, but the timing was odd.

Ubernes, what should I do about this?[/QUOTE]

Did he message you explaining anything? If not, I would just continue playing the game vs the CPU if that's an option.

Also, I'm curious what the 4th down situation was.

[quote name='ubernes']Did he message you explaining anything? If not, I would just continue playing the game vs the CPU if that's an option.[/QUOTE]

There's no option to continue against the CPU.

He said he got disconnected, but he's still on XBL.

Normally I'd be fine with it, but there wasn't any issues with lag in the game beforehand. And the timing was what was odd, considering it happened right after he failed on a 4th down conversion to give the ball back to me right under the two minute warning in the first half, up 24-14.

Like I said, I don't want to assume anything, but I would not be happy having to restart the game from scratch.

[quote name='ubernes']
Also, I'm curious what the 4th down situation was.[/QUOTE]

4th and 2 from my 45 or so, I stopped him for a couple yard loss. So I would have had the ball at my own 47 with a little under 2 minutes left and 3 timeouts. I was also going to receive in the 2nd half.

Well, there's no way for me to sim you a W. So my suggestion would be to give it another shot if he's willing to and see how it plays out. If a similar suspicious situation happens with a dropped game then we may have to boot and reinvite so you can play the CPU this week.

[quote name='ubernes']Well, there's no way for me to sim you a W. So my suggestion would be to give it another shot if he's willing to and see how it plays out. If a similar suspicious situation happens with a dropped game then we may have to boot and reinvite so you can play the CPU this week.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I've got no doubt that he'd be willing. I'm not sure I'm willing though, it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

I need to head out anyway, so I guess we'll just have to figure out how to deal with it.

[quote name='Zurezo']ubernes: Are there any rules about FA pickups or trades that I should know?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure there's no FA pick-ups. Trades are fine, but need to be approved by the commish.

[quote name='Zurezo']ubernes: Are there any rules about FA pickups or trades that I should know?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's as follows:

1. FA pickups arent allowed, unless they are signed with that team in "real life".
2. Trades will begin in Week 3, and they will be subject to Commish approval?

I could be wrong though.

Also: I think a disconnect rule should be put in place. I know that shit happens, but there should be a zero tolerance rule in place unless there is a damn good reason for it to happen (ex. power outage)

[quote name='Zurezo']
Anybody interested in Big Ben?[/QUOTE]

By Week 3 I'd bet someone's QB will have gone down, and then you'll get some interest for sure.

FA pick ups are on hold at the moment. We will open it up somewhere in the week 5-8 area. A waiver wire will be created by Sood based on record, points for, points against, etc so that the teams with the worst luck so far get first shot. I'm willing to make temporary exceptions for serious injuries on a case by case basis though.

Trades are commissioner approved. You can work them out in PMs and then present the final offer in the thread and we can have a short discussion on it. I would prefer if we waited a couple weeks in the season before we put any trades through officially, just because everyone is still settling in/joining/etc.

edit: lol and I just noticed about 3 people beat me to this. but there it is.

[quote name='HydroX']

Also: I think a disconnect rule should be put in place. I know that shit happens, but there should be a zero tolerance rule in place unless there is a damn good reason for it to happen (ex. power outage)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. No one should have to waste their time on 3-4 games getting disconnected. BV, how many games got disconnected and how far into them?

[quote name='ubernes'] I'm willing to make temporary exceptions for serious injuries on a case by case basis though.[/QUOTE]

Would a 10 week Injury fall into that category?

[quote name='ubernes']Agreed. No one should have to waste their time on 3-4 games getting disconnected. BV, how many games got disconnected and how far into them?[/QUOTE]

We first tried and he got disconnected on the first series, no big deal. He was off XBL for about an hour and then got back on.

When we tried again it was as I described before, almost all the way through the 1st half when he dropped. This time he was still on XBL though.

As for a disconnect rule, I think the context is important. I was already up 2 scores, with the ball and plenty of time to score before the half, and set to receive in the 2nd half. I'd scored on every drive up to that point. So yeah, I'm not thrilled with the prospect of starting from scratch.

How did you guys deal with disconnects in the previous franchises? I wouldn't really be happy restarting the game either. Just tried to play broadway in a friendly, but we disconnected at the kickoff twice.

[quote name='Doomtime']How did you guys deal with disconnects in the previous franchises? I wouldn't really be happy restarting the game either. Just tried to play broadway in a friendly, but we disconnected at the kickoff twice.[/QUOTE]

I believe it was on a case-by-case basis last year. Disconnects at the kickoff are one thing, that happens all the time and is expected. Disconnects well into the game are something entirely different.

[quote name='Zurezo']And I was wondering because the Rams picked up some people from the WW[/QUOTE]

I did, but I did not play them in my first game. I will drop them and pick back up my drops if we are waiting or implementing a system. Not a problem.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I did, but I did not play them in my first game. I will drop them and pick back up my drops if we are waiting or implementing a system. Not a problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Is everyone PMing to coordinate their week 1 games? There's about 6 games with both players joined and ready to go.

Broncos, Pats, Lions, Browns, Bucs have yet to join. Browns owned may take over the Bucs, so one of those will be filled, but let's get moving!

Yeah i've been ready to go since yesterday, I guess the Cowgirl's owner cannot play till sunday or something, it seems. So that's why we haven't played yet.

I've already talked to my opponent and we're coordinating a date and time. I've told him I won't be joining the League until either Sunday or Monday, I'll be at my cousins then for the rest of my trip. Then I'll be back home on the 1st of September. Does anyone know if they've set up the online franchise website yet? like they had on EA.com for Madden 10.

Edit: Never mind I just found out they have set it up, but I don't think I can join that way.

Yes, the website is setup

[quote name='venom']I've already talked to my opponent and we're coordinating a date and time. I've told him I won't be joining the League until either Sunday or Monday, I'll be at my cousins then for the rest of my trip. Then I'll be back home on the 1st of September. Does anyone know if they've set up the online franchise website yet? like they had on EA.com for Madden 10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Yeah I just checked and unfortunately I can't join from the website. You'd think they'd let you. But since it's private I'll have to wait.

Link to the website? I keep trying to go from the one in the official site, but it keeps on sending me to the Madden 10 online franchise site.

EDIT: nm, finally figured it out. btw, should i just leave the first league you created broadway?

[quote name='ubernes']Is everyone PMing to coordinate their week 1 games? There's about 6 games with both players joined and ready to go.

Broncos, Pats, Lions, Browns, Bucs have yet to join. Browns owned may take over the Bucs, so one of those will be filled, but let's get moving![/QUOTE]

PacerPresepct and I have PM'ed. I'm home tonight since my plans got canceled, but he said he'd be busy all weekend. I'll be staying overnight in LA tomorrow and Monday. I'm hoping he'll get back to me, and we can play on Tuesday.

anyone know how to get Free points for Ultimate team mode in Madden? Or earn alot of points in certain game types? Can you earn points in franchise mode?

I keep hoping Chiefs will pop on here and offer up some sort of explanation..

Ubernes, I think it's ultimately going to be up to you what happens. I don't necessarily think it's fair for me to have to replay from the beginning since I was in control of the game, but if you think that's the only way to do it, I guess I will. I'd like to hear from him what was up.

Man fuck! I opened my game and tried to install it to the HDD, the xbox won't read it!!!! I just installed Tales of Vesperia to the HDD so I know it's not the laser. It looks like some small portion of the dual layer is not fused or something.

I tried cleaning the disk, restarting the system. I don't know what to do.... I will keep trying, if not I might have to send it back to buy.com and fucking wait until it show up again!

[quote name='fazfznz']anyone know how to get Free points for Ultimate team mode in Madden? Or earn alot of points in certain game types? Can you earn points in franchise mode?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you have to play Ultimate Team either vs. the CPU or another user online.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm pretty sure you have to play Ultimate Team either vs. the CPU or another user online.[/QUOTE]

or $$$$$

playing online and losing gets you more coins than playing offline and crushing the cpu

[quote name='bvharris']I keep hoping Chiefs will pop on here and offer up some sort of explanation..

Ubernes, I think it's ultimately going to be up to you what happens. I don't necessarily think it's fair for me to have to replay from the beginning since I was in control of the game, but if you think that's the only way to do it, I guess I will. I'd like to hear from him what was up.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, I'd like to hear some sort of explanation. We do need to eventually move on and I do think you've earned your victory, so let's see if he shows up in here tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon. If he doesn't we can call it a temp boot and you can play the CPU week 1. He'll get an invite back and he's welcome to join assuming this was some freak connection problem. If it turns out that's not the case then we can find a new owner for the Chiefs for week 2.

Re: week 1 deadline. We'll play it by ear a bit, but it seems like most people have joined and are setting up their games this weekend/early next week. I'd like to think everything is being wrapped up Tuesday. So sometime late Tuesday looks reasonable. We're going to make things a little tighter, a little more smooth for week 2 since we don't have to go through the joining the league process. Please feel free to weigh in on the Tues deadline, too early, too late, etc.

I just got all set up and am ready to play late tonight or early tomorrow as soon as I get contact from the 49ers.. I sent him an xbox message but i'm not sure what his CAG username is

PS: Everyone in the league is officially accounted for besides the Lions. :(

4 people haven't joined. The Pats look to be joining the league Sunday/Monday. The Broncos probably the same. And above we see the Bucs are having disc issues, which will hopefully be solved before we get too deep into the season. (js1, give me an update on that when you can and if I should have your week 1 opponent plan to play the CPU while you wait to get the game back). The Lions are the one team I'm worried about. He hasn't logged onto XBL for over a week now. He was on the forum 2 days ago, so hopefully he will respond to a PM and we don't need to give up his team.

Besides that, the league is shaping up nicely! 6 of the 16 games have been played, which I think is not bad at all for a hectic week 1. Hectic for me at least haha, you should see my PM inbox. Good job so far everyone, thanks for playing and let's continue with week 1.

Week 1: Dolphins @ Bills

Dolphins:52
Bills: 38

Miami's Defense: 4 Forced Fumbles, 3 Interceptions, 3 Touchdowns, 1 Sack
Miami's Offense: 285 Yards Passing, 3 TD / 166 Yards Rushing, 1 TD

Bills Defense: 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Sack
Bills Offense: 206 Yards Passing, 2 TD,3 Int / 112 Rushing Yards, 1 TD
Bills Special Teams: 2 Kick Returns for Touchdowns

Injuries:
Bills:
SS Donte Whitner, Broken Wrist, Out for 11 Weeks
Dolphins:
MLB Karlos Dansby, Abdominal Tear, Out for 1 Week

the 4th quarter the shit hit the fan, too many fumbles and everything went downhill

300 yards on kick offs was a crazy stat

so my SS is out for 11 weeks wtb a new one

bread's done
Back