Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']Re: week 1 deadline. We'll play it by ear a bit, but it seems like most people have joined and are setting up their games this weekend/early next week. I'd like to think everything is being wrapped up Tuesday. So sometime late Tuesday looks reasonable. We're going to make things a little tighter, a little more smooth for week 2 since we don't have to go through the joining the league process. Please feel free to weigh in on the Tues deadline, too early, too late, etc.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, my opponent said he'd be out of town all weekend and wanted to play Monday. I wrote back saying I will be staying overnight in LA Sunday and Monday and coming back Tuesday, so Tuesday afternoon/evening would work, but I haven't heard anything back (presumably due to him being gone).

Sorry guys, I was up north camping and did not have int access. I have not received my madden yet via buy.com. If you need to start the league without me, I will join during week 2. Let me know.

It shipped via UPS MAIL via CA to MI, and hopefully will be here on Monday. I will join as soon as it arrives and play my week 1 if still available.

I dnt kno what happened to the conections the first two games and I will be able to play tonite around 9 or any time 2mar

[quote name='sayHey']I just got all set up and am ready to play late tonight or early tomorrow as soon as I get contact from the 49ers.. I sent him an xbox message but i'm not sure what his CAG username is[/QUOTE]

Im ready to go asap i am hopping on xbox live now.

You know, I still really think this game is one of the worst maddens to date but I finally found a way to have some fun with it. Although this almost guarantees me a loss each time. I simply cant handle typically "madden" play style that I have been running for the last 10 years so I completely changed it.

I am just saying this so when you guys play me (this has nothing to do with anyone else nor am I expecting anyone to change their style) dont worry about guarding, drag, slant, out, RB screens and RB passes in general. It disgusts me to run them. I am only saying this so you guys can come into a game without that Madden state of mind of having to feel like you have guard the "easy" completed passes in the game. I have also switched to #1 CB this year for defense.....got tired of guarding slot and TE over the middle.......feel free to test me.....if you dare. I am marking #1 WR off the board like chad ochocinco evil twin.

Given that...does anyone know a play book with a some variety? I have tried about 10 and all of them seem to contain a good 70% of the same plays. Seems like there are no trick plays at all this year.

It felt pretty good yesterday when some kid online complained that I threw it to Reggie Wayne too much....mean while AP had 15 rec and 160 yard rec but only 30 yard rushing.......durrrrr.

[quote name='itlnstln']Sorry guys, I was up north camping and did not have int access. I have not received my madden yet via buy.com. If you need to start the league without me, I will join during week 2. Let me know.

It shipped via UPS MAIL via CA to MI, and hopefully will be here on Monday. I will join as soon as it arrives and play my week 1 if still available.[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm willing to wait(your first game is against me), as long as that's fine by the admin.

I just had the most fun I ever played in a madden game against Grand Chru.

Be both played as DB guarding Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson respectfully. It was brutal....we both had a couple user picks while guarding them both got torched a coupled times. The key thing was that neither of us ran madden plays, no RB screens, no over the middle slants nothing cheap. Hell I ran a WR end around with Larry Fitz that went for 10 yards. Which reminds Chru ran a fake WR end around that completely took me off guard.

Good Show, Grand Chru. I won by 3 but it was a nail biter to the end.

EDIT: I just realized that its actually Grand Cru......doh!

[quote name='Soodmeg']I just had the most fun I ever played in a madden game against Grand Chru.

Be both played as DB guarding Larry Fitz and Calvin Johnson respectfully. It was brutal....we both had a couple user picks while guarding them both got torched a coupled times. The key thing was that neither of us ran madden plays, no RB screens, no over the middle slants nothing cheap. Hell I ran a WR end around with Larry Fitz that went for 10 yards. Which reminds Chru ran a fake WR end around that completely took me off guard.

Good Show, Grand Chru. I won by 3 but it was a nail biter to the end.

EDIT: I just realized that its actually Grand Cru......doh![/QUOTE]

Yea that Def was a good game with no cheap plays another key thing was the variety of plays, Its rare to get in a Madden game and both teams use the full extent of their playbooks, Playing as the corner is ridiculously fun and can be very rewarding if it was to be mastered. I def like how Calvin Johnson Jr was looking out there , so Lions owner if your reading this I would make it worth your wild if you would be interested in sending Calvin to the 49ers, lol

[quote name='410deezy']I dnt kno what happened to the conections the first two games and I will be able to play tonite around 9 or any time 2mar[/QUOTE]

Are you gonna spot me my lead back? I'd guess not..

I know what you mean. Do you want to get a practice game or 2 in today?

[quote name='Soodmeg']You know, I still really think this game is one of the worst maddens to date but I finally found a way to have some fun with it. Although this almost guarantees me a loss each time. I simply cant handle typically "madden" play style that I have been running for the last 10 years so I completely changed it.

I am just saying this so when you guys play me (this has nothing to do with anyone else nor am I expecting anyone to change their style) dont worry about guarding, drag, slant, out, RB screens and RB passes in general. It disgusts me to run them. I am only saying this so you guys can come into a game without that Madden state of mind of having to feel like you have guard the "easy" completed passes in the game. I have also switched to #1 CB this year for defense.....got tired of guarding slot and TE over the middle.......feel free to test me.....if you dare. I am marking #1 WR off the board like chad ochocinco evil twin.

Given that...does anyone know a play book with a some variety? I have tried about 10 and all of them seem to contain a good 70% of the same plays. Seems like there are no trick plays at all this year.

It felt pretty good yesterday when some kid online complained that I threw it to Reggie Wayne too much....mean while AP had 15 rec and 160 yard rec but only 30 yard rushing.......durrrrr.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eddie291']Well, I'm willing to wait(your first game is against me), as long as that's fine by the admin.[/QUOTE]

Yup, as long as your playing Mon or Tues

[quote name='Zurezo']Would a 10 week Injury fall into that category?[/QUOTE]

Actually, I decided against that idea. We'll wait til week 8 as planned. Too much trouble.

[quote name='ubernes']Actually, I decided against that idea. We'll wait til week 8 as planned. Too much trouble.[/QUOTE]

Alright. Thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Broncos owner, where are you?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='soliddragon']I'm still waiting for my Madden 10 to get to me from Amazon, should be here no later than this weekend. but i AM commited, soon as i get it, im checking in!![/QUOTE]

Solid, not sure if you got the game this weekend but be sure to communicate and get your game setup for Monday or Tuesday.

Chargers 24 - Chiefs 17

It wasn't as close as the score indicated, as I was in control the whole game. Sproles fumbled at the goal line on my opening drive, and after kicking a FG in the waning moments to go up 24-10, he returned the squib for a TD (after running about 20 yards back, haha) but a penalty on the onside kick sealed the win for me. Except for the fumble and the late FG (when I kneeled to wind down the clock), I scored a TD on every drive.

Rivers put up a perfect QB rating (158.3): 11-13 (one of the incompletes was a throw-away, the other was a drop), 197 Yards, 2 TDs
Jackson caught 4 balls for 110 and a TD
Gates caught 3 for 41 and a TD
Sproles ran for 70 yards on 17 attempts with a TD and the aforementioned goal line fumble.

For the Chiefs, Charles ran 12 times for 134 yards, but 87 of those were on one play which represented the only real offensive outburst from them all afternoon other than a 51 yard FG to close the 1st half.

Good game, deezy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
IND 37, HOU 41 Final

Peyton Manning throws for 524 yards and 5 TDs .. and loses!

The Colts, playing from behind for the majority of the game, seemed like they couldn't find an answer for TE Dallas Clark. Clark effectively caught 9 passes for 330 yards, 3 of those for touchdowns. The Texans answered an early Manning-Collie touchdown pass with some excitement of their own, as Holliday returned a kickoff untouched to the house to put the Texans up 10-7 entering the 2nd quarter.

Late in the 4th, Texans DL Mario Williams catches a desperation lob pass from Colts QB Peyton Manning as he's being sacked, and trots into the endzone, effectively crushing the Colts' comeback efforts.

Highlight will be uploaded. I'll look to upload at least 1 highlight from each game I play in the franchise.

QB Manning - 18/31, 524 yds, 5 TD / 3 INT
QB Schaub - 11/21, 155 yds

HB Addai - 7 carries, 17 yards
HB Slaton - 20 carries, 125 yards, 3 TD

TE Clark - 9 rec. 330 yds, 3 TD
TE Daniels - 3 rec. 45 yds

Excellent game, RamesuThe1. Can't wait for our rematch.

[quote name='bvharris']330 yards? :shock:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's a eye-popper for sure. I think anyone who has to face the colts this season should take note of that stat.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Yeah, that's a eye-popper for sure. I think anyone who has to face the colts this season should take note of that stat.[/QUOTE]

I do, and I definitely did. :D

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Yeah, that's a eye-popper for sure. I think anyone who has to face the colts this season should take note of that stat.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']I do, and I definitely did. :D[/QUOTE]

:cold:

[quote name='HydroX']:cold:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I would have noticed anyway, I always go through the box score of every game my opponent has played. :D

Edit: I don't know how some of you are putting up such massive score lines with only 5 minute quarters. I guess I was working the clock too much with the running game.

[quote name='bvharris']
Edit: I don't know how some of you are putting up such massive score lines with only 5 minute quarters. I guess I was working the clock too much with the running game.[/QUOTE]

i feel the same way

[quote name='bvharris']Don't worry, I would have noticed anyway, I always go through the box score of every game my opponent has played. :D

Edit: I don't know how some of you are putting up such massive score lines with only 5 minute quarters. I guess I was working the clock too much with the running game.[/QUOTE]

The fact that there is little to no defense in this game allows the massive score lines.

Not sure if the Packers posted, but we are scheduled to play at some point on Tuesday night. He's was at SummerSlam and is going to Monday Night Raw tonight.

[quote name='HydroX']The fact that there is little to no defense in this game allows the massive score lines.[/QUOTE]

I've found the best defense is a good offense, literally. Hold the ball and don't let your opponent have it back, and they're less likely to score. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I've found the best defense is a good offense, literally. Hold the ball and don't let your opponent have it back, and they're less likely to score. :D[/QUOTE]

While this is true, if you can't find a way to score at the right time, you're screwing yourself.

This is the case for me. lol

I should be around this afternoon / this evening if anyone would like to get into some online team play while waiting for their respective franchise games...

Wouldn't mind trying some hook and ladder plays out. lol

[quote name='HydroX']I should be around this afternoon / this evening if anyone would like to get into some online team play while waiting for their respective franchise games...

Wouldn't mind trying some hook and ladder plays out. lol[/QUOTE]

I might be up for a scrimmage tonight, give me a chance to scout all your Dallas Clark plays. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I might be up for a scrimmage tonight, give me a chance to scout all your Dallas Clark plays. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't have a set gameplan that caters to Clark, I flew by the seat of my pants like I always do in Madden. :)

But yeah I'd be up for a scrimmage game later.

well, I played OCD Nightmare(spelling?) "Redskins" last night and our connection was awful at 3:00p.m est when we were going to play. It was very choppy at 8:00 p.m est as well, which is the time we decided on after getting booted twice at 3:00 p.m est. There was a 5 second delay on offense and defense. This lead to numerous picks, horrible punts and kickoffs that went out of bounds. Has anyone else had this problem? I have played a few MUT games w/o issue.

Overview we played 3 quarters.
"Cowboys" won 21-3, it was not a proud win, since the connection sucked.

[quote name='410deezy']Erybody check y'all trades[/QUOTE]

English? Anyways. Trades have to be approved by the commisioner, Last i checked.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']well, I played OCD Nightmare(spelling?) "Redskins" last night and our connection was awful at 3:00p.m est when we were going to play. It was very choppy at 8:00 p.m est as well, which is the time we decided on after getting booted twice at 3:00 p.m est. There was a 5 second delay on offense and defense. This lead to numerous picks, horrible punts and kickoffs that went out of bounds. Has anyone else had this problem? I have played a few MUT games w/o issue.

Overview we played 3 quarters.
"Cowboys" won 21-3, it was not a proud win, since the connection sucked.[/QUOTE]
The EA servers have been a little iffy this first week. Hopefully once we get into week 2 of the season they fix some of those problems and lag is no longer a huge issue. I've had those same problems at parts of a game, but never for the whole thing.

Remaining games:

Saints vs Vikings (scheduled for late tonight)
Bears vs Lions (nothing scheduled, but should be good for tonight or tomorrow. please schedule a time)
Browns vs Bucs (Browns vs CPU this week. Browns are out of town til Tuesday, please play asap. Possible sim candidate if this game is holding up the league)
Bengals vs Pats (Pats were supposed to join yesterday. Any news on a schedule for this game?)
Broncos vs Jags (both teams are ready, communicate a game time)
Niners vs Seahawks (same)
Packers vs Eagles (playing Tuesday night, hopefully the last game before advancing)

As you can see we're still on for our Tuesday night deadline. So please if you have yet to schedule your games do so for today or tomorrow. It probably would not hurt to start thinking about your availability for Wednesday and beyond and PMing your opponent for week 2 to get your game setup.

edit: Also, I'd like to hear from you guys to see what we all think is a realistic standard time for advancing. If we advance Tuesday night, should we have no problem finishing a week of games Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and advancing say Saturday early afternoon? The original plan was to advance every 3-4 days so that falls in to place with that. I would like to speed things up compared to week 1 at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a full league, I'm not sure how realistic 3-4 days is. I mean, ideally that would be awesome, but it's sometimes hard for people to find a time that works.

And I believe the Jags are my next opponent: I'm free any evening towards the end of the week except Thursday (though I could do it after 9 or so).

[quote name='HydroX']IND 37, HOU 41 Final

Peyton Manning throws for 524 yards and 5 TDs .. and loses!

The Colts, playing from behind for the majority of the game, seemed like they couldn't find an answer for TE Dallas Clark. Clark effectively caught 9 passes for 330 yards, 3 of those for touchdowns. The Texans answered an early Manning-Collie touchdown pass with some excitement of their own, as Holliday returned a kickoff untouched to the house to put the Texans up 10-7 entering the 2nd quarter.

Late in the 4th, Texans DL Mario Williams catches a desperation lob pass from Colts QB Peyton Manning as he's being sacked, and trots into the endzone, effectively crushing the Colts' comeback efforts.

Highlight will be uploaded. I'll look to upload at least 1 highlight from each game I play in the franchise.

QB Manning - 18/31, 524 yds, 5 TD / 3 INT
QB Schaub - 11/21, 155 yds

HB Addai - 7 carries, 17 yards
HB Slaton - 20 carries, 125 yards, 3 TD

TE Clark - 9 rec. 330 yds, 3 TD
TE Daniels - 3 rec. 45 yds

Excellent game, RamesuThe1. Can't wait for our rematch.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a downer but there is so much wrong with that stat line my mind breaks to even understand it.

330 yards on only 9 rec? Thats 36 yards per completion meaning every 3rd pass you are actually past the endzone. DeSean Jackson the biggest home run hitter last year mustered 19.7 yards per catch. We all know Clark is more of a WR than a TE but still he is a TE...how in the hell is he open 40 yards down field each time?

Wow, defense in this game is abysmal. What defense were you running if you dont mind me asking? I am thinking this was a case of the 5 yard catch = 40 yard gains that madden is so known for.

Mostly Dollar-Cover 1 Press...there was one instance on a 80 yard seam route that I had mistakenly pressed A for GameFlow and Dallas Clark ran away from both of my safeties.

But in general there was a slow developing crossing route that I chose not to manually cover (I'd rather try to get user sacks) until crunch time....

It is nearly impossible for LB's to cover good (or fast ) TE' in this game and my secondary is terribly slow, especially the safeties.

I had a similar problem with Clark, though not a 300+ yard problem when I played vs Darth yesterday with random teams. LBs can't keep up with him and if he gets into the open field even the Cardinals DBs couldn't catch the guy. So you have to adjust your gameplan a bit.

As for the defense being bad in this game. While I agree the CPU does some terrible things and that there are many more home run plays in this game than in year's past, I really think your defense is only as bad as you play with them. No offense to anyone out there. I just still haven't played a 50-70 point game. My highest score game was yesterday at something like 38-35 and I was like 'wow, that was a doozy'. Can't imagine doubling that.

[quote name='ubernes']
Bengals vs Pats (Pats were supposed to join yesterday. Any news on a schedule for this game?)
[/QUOTE]

I got a message from venom on here yesterday afternoon saying that he was going to try to get on his cousin's Xbox last night, but I haven't heard from him since. My XBL friend request is still pending. Hopefully we'll be able to get our game in tonight or tomorrow, but I guess it's still up in the air for now.

Sorry Ivan, My damn ride over there bailed on me. I'm 100% Definitely going to be over there tonight. I can't accept your request yet, it shows me online but that's my dad on my Xbox back home in Rhode Island. Haha.

[quote name='ubernes']I had a similar problem with Clark, though not a 300+ yard problem when I played vs Darth yesterday with random teams. LBs can't keep up with him and if he gets into the open field even the Cardinals DBs couldn't catch the guy. So you have to adjust your gameplan a bit.

As for the defense being bad in this game. While I agree the CPU does some terrible things and that there are many more home run plays in this game than in year's past, I really think your defense is only as bad as you play with them. No offense to anyone out there. I just still haven't played a 50-70 point game. My highest score game was yesterday at something like 38-35 and I was like 'wow, that was a doozy'. Can't imagine doubling that.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more about the pace of the game than anything. If both offenses are just airing it out non-stop, you're going to get scores like that. On the other hand, I drove to the goal line every time I had the ball in my game, and if you take away a goal-line fumble and the running out the clock at the end, I would have only had 35, scoring on EVERY drive. So it seems to me more like games which are high octane are going to end up with high scored, but it's perfectly possible to play realistic football games if you want.

bread's done
Back