Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Im going to need Broadway to kick me out the league under Mr Grand Cru and send an invite to my new account : CruGotBanned[/QUOTE]

I love the new name :)

I finally got my offense perfected for this year and without a single crossing or out route or drag route in it. Pretty happy.

Just need to work on a legit way to play some solid defense.

[quote name='eddie291']How about after the first half? It happened to me about an hour ago against the Lions. I was up 28-7(only due to a couple of lucky/unlucky fumble returns for TDs) and I think he had connection problems cuz the game ended right as he was starting to return the opening 2nd half kick-off.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to craft some sort of criteria that involves both time of game and score. Suggestions are welcome in the meantime, but I will whip something together tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping once/if they beef up the servers this won't be an issue.

[quote name='ubernes']I'll have to craft some sort of criteria that involves both time of game and score. Suggestions are welcome in the meantime, but I will whip something together tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping once/if they beef up the servers this won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

If it's obvious that one player is going to win a game (ex. up 28 in the second half, up 14 with the ball and under 2:00 left in the game) when there is a disconnect, that player should have the opportunity to play the computer to earn a win as it's clear they deserve it. I think that should be determined on a case by case basis and "wins" should only be awarded when it's clear that the outcome is a sure thing.

That's all assuming that the disconnect is incidental. If anyone is intentionally pulling the plug, they should obviously get kicked from the league immediately. The same thing might apply to someone that disconnects frequently. If it takes 2-3 attempts to get a single game in every week, your spot in the league should probably go to someone else. The truth is, a stable, reliable connection should likely be a requirement for an online league like this.

[quote name='BigAT']That's all assuming that the disconnect is incidental. If anyone is intentionally pulling the plug, they should obviously get kicked from the league immediately. The same thing might apply to someone that disconnects frequently. If it takes 2-3 attempts to get a single game in every week, your spot in the league should probably go to someone else. The truth is, a stable, reliable connection should likely be a requirement for an online league like this.[/QUOTE]

^this

also, is Eli going to look like Harry Potter with that huge gash in his forehead?

Couldn't have said it better, BigAT. That's exactly how we'll do it. And obviously on disconnections that happen on purpose is an autokick offense.

[quote name='theredworm']^this

also, is Eli going to look like Harry Potter with that huge gash in his forehead?[/QUOTE]

He looked like a wrestler that had cut open his own forehead. Not exactly what I want to be seeing in a preseason game...

[quote name='BigAT']What'd you get banned for?[/QUOTE]

I believe it was for something in my profile I haven t received the email yet I just know now my profile says code of conduct.

72-42 49ers over Seahawks , game was closer than it looks, Ill make a informative post tommorow evening after work, as far as the disconnect goes me and Sayhey got back in the game than i let him get his scores back with the same to people who scored before, he gave me my one score back than we ran the clock down to where it was making sure not to hit stick or do anything that could cause injury.

[quote name='theredworm']what did your profile say?[/QUOTE]

I know I had a hip hop lyric, and two quotes from friends, somebody must have found something offensive about it I havent changed or even looked at it since I created it about 2 years ago Lol but when I am unbanned I am just going to go through and take everything out.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']72-42 49ers over Seahawks , game was closer than it looks, Ill make a informative post tommorow evening after work, as far as the disconnect goes me and Sayhey got back in the game than i let him get his scores back with the same to people who scored before, he gave me my one score back than we ran the clock down to where it was making sure not to hit stick or do anything that could cause injury.[/QUOTE]
72? Damn.

I'll say this now in case it bites me later, but, my internet is awesome in that if someone calls my house phone line, it'll automatically trip the wireless in the house. So I could have the game won with a minute to go and still might be disconnected.

God the ranked game community is awful. Just played a guy who went for every 4th down then scored a td to go up six with 1:30 left and decides to go for two. Wtf. He misses and I'm happy I might actually win, but this deuscher decides to onside kick and somehow gets it. F this game.
I got a nose bleed in the 4th (might be related haha)

[quote name='gbpackers94']God the ranked game community is awful. Just played a guy who went for every 4th down then scored a td to go up six with 1:30 left and decides to go for two. Wtf. He misses and I'm happy I might actually win, but this deuscher decides to onside kick and somehow gets it. F this game.
I got a nose bleed in the 4th (might be related haha)[/QUOTE]

That's why the first ranked game I played against a random opponent was also the last. For every decent opponent you find, there are 4000 douchebags. Not worth it.

[quote name='BigAT']If it's obvious that one player is going to win a game (ex. up 28 in the second half, up 14 with the ball and under 2:00 left in the game) when there is a disconnect, that player should have the opportunity to play the computer to earn a win as it's clear they deserve it. I think that should be determined on a case by case basis and "wins" should only be awarded when it's clear that the outcome is a sure thing.

That's all assuming that the disconnect is incidental. If anyone is intentionally pulling the plug, they should obviously get kicked from the league immediately. The same thing might apply to someone that disconnects frequently. If it takes 2-3 attempts to get a single game in every week, your spot in the league should probably go to someone else. The truth is, a stable, reliable connection should likely be a requirement for an online league like this.[/QUOTE]

I think thats how it has to be.

Also everybody should be starting to plan their week 2 games so it dosent take a week to advance.

[quote name='BigAT']If it's obvious that one player is going to win a game (ex. up 28 in the second half, up 14 with the ball and under 2:00 left in the game) when there is a disconnect, that player should have the opportunity to play the computer to earn a win as it's clear they deserve it. I think that should be determined on a case by case basis and "wins" should only be awarded when it's clear that the outcome is a sure thing.

That's all assuming that the disconnect is incidental. If anyone is intentionally pulling the plug, they should obviously get kicked from the league immediately. The same thing might apply to someone that disconnects frequently. If it takes 2-3 attempts to get a single game in every week, your spot in the league should probably go to someone else. The truth is, a stable, reliable connection should likely be a requirement for an online league like this.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this also, I also would like to add in those instances when its not clear what the outcome was going to be its best to try and get the game back to where it is which does, take some coordination. Last night after I got kicked off xbox live and everything me and SayHey got back in the game scored with the same two people and ran the clock back down to where it was. This did allow for us to avoid injury and it was as fair as it gets from a disconnect.

I also know sometimes for some unknown reason at least last year there was franchises I was in where me and one opponent could never connect. I think once in the fantasy draft league that happened between me and you BigAt, I believe I bowed gracefully and let you play the computer ( I was probably going to lose anyway my team was horrid ). In these situations whats the protocol.

I think another factor that should be taken into consideration is track record, there is certain people in the League that's been around since the beginning, Soodmeg, BigAT, Broadway Row, ... etc. I know when getting into a game with BigAT if it says he disconnected I know it was some malfunction of some sort because He doesn't quit games. I believe a players Longevity and past dependability should play a factor in the ultimate decision of kicking.

Oh god, I have BigAT next week. Guess I'll be the only person to start an online franchise as the 0-2 Colts. LOL

I'm available to play my week 2 game Wednesday anytime. Thursday I will be unavailable, and Friday morning/early afternoon will be my only time to play this week as my work schedule shifts to nights.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I agree with this also, I also would like to add in those instances when its not clear what the outcome was going to be its best to try and get the game back to where it is which does, take some coordination. Last night after I got kicked off xbox live and everything me and SayHey got back in the game scored with the same two people and ran the clock back down to where it was. This did allow for us to avoid injury and it was as fair as it gets from a disconnect.

I also know sometimes for some unknown reason at least last year there was franchises I was in where me and one opponent could never connect. I think once in the fantasy draft league that happened between me and you BigAt, I believe I bowed gracefully and let you play the computer ( I was probably going to lose anyway my team was horrid ). In these situations whats the protocol.

I think another factor that should be taken into consideration is track record, there is certain people in the League that's been around since the beginning, Soodmeg, BigAT, Broadway Row, ... etc. I know when getting into a game with BigAT if it says he disconnected I know it was some malfunction of some sort because He doesn't quit games. I believe a players Longevity and past dependability should play a factor in the ultimate decision of kicking.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree on all points above.
How you and Sayhey handled a crappy situation should set the standard for the rest of the league to follow. Extending coutresy out to people will be a major factor in the league sustaining the numbers and activiy levels we have now and just make everything better. Kudos.

I just looked through about 15 pages of posts and couldn't find the CAG username for the Lions. Looking to set up our Week 2 game later this week since I hope to finally play the Packers tonight.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I just looked through about 15 pages of posts and couldn't find the CAG username for the Lions. Looking to set up our Week 2 game later this week since I hope to finally play the Packers tonight.[/QUOTE]

itlnstln

Games left:

Packers vs Eagles (playing tonight)
Browns vs CPU Bucs (playing today/tonight)
Broncos vs Jags (no word on this, what's up?)
Bengals vs Pats (Ivan, check your PMs for info on this)

[quote name='ubernes']itlnstln[/QUOTE]

uber, don't mean to correct, but the online franchise page says:

"Lions (0-0)

HotItlnStln
"

[quote name='siradam134']uber, don't mean to correct, but the online franchise page says:

"
Lions (0-0)

HotItlnStln
Lions (0-0)
HotItlnStln
"[/QUOTE]

that's his XBL name. I posted his CAG name. :D

[quote name='ubernes']that's his XBL name. I posted his CAG name. :D[/QUOTE]

and this idiot's going back to the corner:D sorry uber, lol.

The Houston Texans are in the market for young, fast DB's; overall rating is not important at this point...let me know if any of you are interested in dealing. I'm not looking to trade the core players from team to team, but some realistic dealings for some developmental guys for a secondary that needs bolstering on an up and coming team.

So the red worm now has the Pats? Didn't he already play a Week 1 game as the Bills? Maybe IvanHood should be playing the CPU in week 1 and then the switch be made in Week 2...

Edit: Looks like they already played. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']Oh god, I have BigAT next week. Guess I'll be the only person to start an online franchise as the 0-2 Colts. LOL

I'm available to play my week 2 game Wednesday anytime. Thursday I will be unavailable, and Friday morning/early afternoon will be my only time to play this week as my work schedule shifts to nights.[/QUOTE]

Sometime during the day tomorrow works best for me.

[quote name='theredworm']
turnover really hurt the kitty cats, 3 interceptions one for a td and 2 forced fumbles[/QUOTE]

Almost as many turnovers as whoever was controlling the Bills this week. :lol:

[quote name='BigAT']Sometime during the day tomorrow works best for me.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. That is looking more and more like the only time I'll be able to play (all day tomorrow).

Just let me know when and I'll do my best to be there.

Broncos/Jags look like they are going to be simmed. Their work schedules are complete opposites and sounds like only the weekend would be a plausible time for them to play, and we just can't wait that long for 1 game.

Packers/Eagles I'm told should be played at 9pm EST. So plan for us to advance around 10. No word from the Browns, so they will be simmed too if need be.

[quote name='ubernes']Broncos/Jags look like they are going to be simmed. Their work schedules are complete opposites and sounds like only the weekend would be a plausible time for them to play, and we just can't wait that long for 1 game.
[/QUOTE]

FYI, the Jags and I are in the same boat for the Week 2 game. However, I think we should be able to get it in Friday evening if all goes according to plan.

[quote name='Zurezo']I have already talked to Soodmeg and we will be playing week 2 around 4pm (est) on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Hey if we advance at 10pm EST tonight I would be down to play today if we could.

[quote name='ubernes']Broncos/Jags look like they are going to be simmed. Their work schedules are complete opposites and sounds like only the weekend would be a plausible time for them to play, and we just can't wait that long for 1 game.

Packers/Eagles I'm told should be played at 9pm EST. So plan for us to advance around 10. No word from the Browns, so they will be simmed too if need be.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you, or anyone, hears from 'Matt Young' still waiting for confirmation. He mentioned after 9PM EST tonight in a message on Saturday.

I contacted Matt via Facebook, so hopefully he gets that and confirms you're still on for 9.

Also the Bills have been filled. Check the OP if you're playing them in week 2.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey if we advance at 10pm EST tonight I would be down to play today if we could.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I should be around unless the GF wants to do something. But if we can play then lets get the game in tonight.

Hey all, this is Gumbill, the new Bills owner. I'll probably be a punching bag for the start of league since I'm getting re-attuned to Madden (along with being the bills...) but I look forward to facing you all anyways!

See you in game. As a general rule, I'm available after 4PM M-F and sporadically on weekends (usually around if we schedule ahead of time, just with the girlfriend)

[quote name='Lexxon']Hey all, this is Gumbill, the new Bills owner. I'll probably be a punching bag for the start of league since I'm getting re-attuned to Madden (along with being the bills...) but I look forward to facing you all anyways :p[/QUOTE]

Good luck and Welcome!

[quote name='Lexxon']Hey all, this is Gumbill, the new Bills owner. I'll probably be a punching bag for the start of league since I'm getting re-attuned to Madden (along with being the bills...) but I look forward to facing you all anyways!
[/QUOTE]

Welcome!

If you need any practice, people are always up for a scrimmage. That includes me, feel free to add me on XBL and I'll help you get up to speed anytime.

This is the jags owner, me and soliddragons work schedules totally screwed us, so you will prolly need to sim the game between us. This is my last week of work before I leave for school so this is the last time that problem will occur

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Let me know if you, or anyone, hears from 'Matt Young' still waiting for confirmation. He mentioned after 9PM EST tonight in a message on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

What's the latest you can start tonight? I might have to temp boot Matt so you can play the CPU because we need to move forward tonight.

[quote name='Lexxon']Hey all, this is Gumbill, the new Bills owner. I'll probably be a punching bag for the start of league since I'm getting re-attuned to Madden (along with being the bills...) but I look forward to facing you all anyways!

See you in game. As a general rule, I'm available after 4PM M-F and sporadically on weekends (usually around if we schedule ahead of time, just with the girlfriend)[/QUOTE]

if you need a game let me know

Ivan Hood... i'll be online til about 1 am so if ur around once we advance, shoot me a PM or post in here to set up game

bread's done
Back