Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

10 pm EST is still the plan. No word from Matt with 30 mins to go until gametime though. We can wait 15 or so mins after 9 before the temp boot, but if we don't hear I'd like for us to move forward since no one knows if he's even going to be around tonight.

[quote name='jbrun85']Am I up if hes not around? or does he start in the second week? If I'm up, I can play tonight.[/QUOTE]

You are up next, but there's a 3 strike policy for unplayed games before we consider booting people. Thanks for keeping up with the thread though. I will be sure to PM you if/when something officially opens up.

[quote name='ubernes']Logging on now for the temp boot. We'll advance as soon as Pacer finishes vs the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Lions, I'm game to play tomorrow night.

According to the Online Franchise website, there has been a trade between the Chiefs and the Falcons...has this been approved by the Commish....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']According to the Online Franchise website, there has been a trade between the Chiefs and the Falcons...has this been approved by the Commish....[/QUOTE]

Definitely not, especially considering there was supposed to be a discussion in the thread before any trade.

I know the Chiefs sent out a bunch of offers (including one to me) but I think we need to go through the process before they're confirmed.

For example, had I known Chambers was on the block I might have made an offer.

Edit: I know this specific rule isn't in the OP (it should be, btw) but it's been mentioned a ton of times in the thread.

I thought if I accepted the trade the commish would get to approve it like in fantasy football. Sorry. Id be happy to undo it immediately. If not I guess ill just sit him this game and trade him back after. Again sorry, I didn't really understand the trading process.

[quote name='Deuce20602']lmao... what players were traded?[/QUOTE]

Chris Chambers for 1st round LB and future of ATL Defense (in real life) Sean Weatherspoon...

[quote name='gbpackers94']I thought if I accepted the trade the commish would get to approve it like in fantasy football. Sorry. Id be happy to undo it immediately. If not I guess ill just sit him this game and trade him back after. Again sorry, I didn't really understand the trading process.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv3uEGWsJhY

[quote name='ubernes']We weren't doing trades til after preseason anyways, right? I will confirm the trade rules in the OP in a bit.[/QUOTE]
I plan to play my week 2 game tonight. Should i drop chambers or just sit him.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere...but what's up with the Buccaneers? I play them in week 2 but as of now, there is no user controlling them.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Sorry if I missed this somewhere...but what's up with the Buccaneers? I play them in week 2 but as of now, there is no user controlling them.[/QUOTE]

The disc he got from Buy.com was faulty. I will send him a quick PM now to see if he thinks he'll get it in time for the proposed week 2 deadline.

BTW, I have updated the OP to clarify some trade/FA rules we've discussed but some people may have missed in the shuffle. Please let me know if you have any questions or anything to add.

Clarification on rule #2 - I assume that doesn't also work the other way? For example, if our team cuts someone at the end of training camp, we don't have to do the same, do we? I'm sure we don't, but just wanted to confirm.

[quote name='bvharris']Clarification on rule #2 - I assume that doesn't also work the other way? For example, if our team cuts someone at the end of training camp, we don't have to do the same, do we? I'm sure we don't, but just wanted to confirm.[/QUOTE]

Yes and to take that further, if someone is cut and then picked up by another team you don't have to give that player up. Thus "this only applies to the Madden FA pool" and not the entire pool of players in the game.

It's just not feasible. For example, I think my 3rd TE will probably be cut (Mulligan), but that means Cumberland will win the spot. Cumberland doesn't even exist in the game as of now and so he will never exist in our franchise, as much as I'd like to have him. So it doesn't make sense for me to not only not have him, but have to cut his lesser replacement.

Colts are definitely up for trading whenever we get this stuff underway. I'd be willing to trade my HBs, WRs and even the beast himself, Dallas Clark, for the right price. ;)

Raiders cut through Rams 51-17. Game was closer than the score indicates. I could not stop Stephen Jackson and Greg got screwed on a few of his routes because his receivers failed to look for the ball.

Edit: Looks like Mendenhall just shattered the single game rushing record! haha!

[quote name='Doomtime']
Edit: Looks like Mendenhall just shattered the single game rushing record! haha![/QUOTE]

That record was shattered in Madden approximately 80 times in the time it took you to type that sentence. ;)

Edit: BTW, I'm on right now if anyone not named Doomtime wants to get in a scrimmage.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Just throwing it out there but, it's not very enjoyable running the clock the whole 4thQ.[/QUOTE]
Yeah sorry about that but I didn't want to run up the score, and ive given up double digit leads in the 4th quarter a lot. Overall good game, you got some unlucky breaks, the game definitely should have been a lot closer. (i feel like a huge deusche now :( )

[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah sorry about that but I didn't want to run up the score, and ive given up double digit leads in the 4th quarter a lot. Overall good game, you got some unlucky breaks, the game definitely should have been a lot closer. (i feel like a huge deusche now :( )[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, ubernes called me out for the same thing last year. My plan for this season is to not do it too much in the regular season (within reason). If I make the playoffs, all bets are off and I will milk that bitch like no other.

The Steelers moved to 2-0 behind Mendenhall, who ran for 397 yards and 6TDs. Mike Wallace caught 3 passes for 125 yards and 2TDs.

I had a tough time stopping the run game of the Titans. CJ2K went for 197 yards and a TD.

[quote name='bvharris']That record was shattered in Madden approximately 80 times in the time it took you to type that sentence. ;)

Edit: BTW, I'm on right now if anyone not named Doomtime wants to get in a scrimmage.[/QUOTE]
Very well could have been. Difficult to stop the run this year. As for your edit,:cry:

[quote name='Doomtime']Very well could have been. Difficult to stop the run this year. As for your edit,:cry:[/QUOTE]

Haha, the way you've dismantled your first two opponents with the lowly Raiders.. Let's just say you can see me play in Weeks 5 and 13. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']If it makes you feel any better, ubernes called me out for the same thing last year. My plan for this season is to not do it too much in the regular season (within reason). If I make the playoffs, all bets are off and I will milk that bitch like no other.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just can't do anything right today.

So i assume my jags vs soliddragon's broncos game got simmed? We couldn't play because of work schedules. Could anybody tell me who won because i'm at work now and I would like to know

[quote name='neworlbush25']So i assume my jags vs soliddragon's broncos game got simmed? We couldn't play because of work schedules. Could anybody tell me who won because i'm at work now and I would like to know[/QUOTE]

Broncos did, 12-7.

[quote name='bvharris']Haha, the way you've dismantled your first two opponents with the lowly Raiders.. Let's just say you can see me play in Weeks 5 and 13. ;)[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to it my friend. I'm just lucky McFadden is off to a great start.

@gbpackers, I don't think you did anything wrong.

just had the most bogus pass interference call called against me... Ivan Hood scores two plays later... damn video game...

[quote name='Doomtime']Looking forward to it my friend. I'm just lucky McFadden is off to a great start.

@gbpackers, I don't think you did anything wrong.[/QUOTE]

The Falcons getting the ball @ 4:20 in the 4thQ and literally running the play clock to 0 every play with Turner transforming to Zesus Almighty was driving me up the freaking wall. He had it won at that point which is clearly undeniable it's just between that and Leinhart's chucking the ball to right field was controller chucking frustrating.
I want my Warner back :cry:.

[quote name='bvharris']http://www.easports.com/onlinefranchise/franchises

I was rooting for you too. Both since I don't want the Broncos 1-0, and because I didn't need you extra motivated not to fall to 0-2 against me.

Guess I'll need to bring my A game.. Do you have an idea what your availability Friday will be?[/QUOTE]

It will sure be a good game!

I would like to get the game in early Friday afternoon, just to get it done with. I'm available at pretty much anytime Friday, how about you?

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']The Falcons getting the ball @ 4:20 in the 4thQ and literally running the play clock to 0 every play with Turner transforming to Zesus Almighty was driving me up the freaking wall. He had it won at that point which is clearly undeniable it's just between that and Leinhart's chucking the ball to right field was controller chucking frustrating.
I want my Warner back :cry:.[/QUOTE]
Ah well running it all the way to 0 is sort of lame. I can understand wanting Warner back. He was awesome in madden 10.

bread's done
Back