Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Good luck on your Match-Up, I looking for you to win.[/QUOTE]

We'll see if the Bucs can bring their A game. I'll need to find a way to slow down D-train if we are to have a chance at this game.

Cru, do you still not have internet at home (aside from phone, obviously)? Just figured I'd ask what's up after reading the last few posts of yours asking about your opponent and stuff.

[quote name='Matt Young']Cru, do you still not have internet at home (aside from phone, obviously)? Just figured I'd ask what's up after reading the last few posts of yours asking about your opponent and stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yea Matt ive been back online for about a week or so ?

I've found myself rooting for the Ravens as if Ray Lewis was my uncle or something... I'm sure this league had something to do with that. Looking for a Ravens-Eagles Super Bowl this year

[quote name='Deuce20602']I've found myself rooting for the Ravens as if Ray Lewis was my uncle or something... I'm sure this league had something to do with that. Looking for a Ravens-Eagles Super Bowl this year[/QUOTE]
If Green Bay doesn't go all the way, I'd love to see Baltimore take it all. As for the Eagles, I really hope they don't. Don't need to give those fans anything to cheer about.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Yeah I'm so sick of these new vick fans.[/QUOTE]
Agreed fellow detective!

@bv- Let's let Baltimore have a turn!:D As long as it isn't those smelly Steelers winning another ring then I'm okay.

[quote name='Doomtime']
@bv- Let's let Baltimore have a turn!:D As long as it isn't those smelly Steelers winning another ring then I'm okay.[/QUOTE]

Baltimore is definitely the team I least want to see as a Pats fan, not only because of what happened last year but just because those games are always close. The Pats have dominated the Steelers of late so I'm definitely rooting for them to win should the Pats advance.

To the Titans Next two opponents.

Chris Johnson - Broken Thumb - Out 2 Weeks.

You're Welcome.

After he toasted me on the first play of the game for a 78 yard Catch out of the backfield for a touchdown.... I guess my defense got angry...and someone broke his thumb.

Dolphins over Titans 70-52....
In a game that saw 2 Onside Kicks (in the 3rd Quarter) and 2 2 Pt Conversions from the Titans

Also, for Some reason... Jared Odrick (My starting RE) has 78 yards passing and a Touchdown??? huh?

I'm trying to pm the lions and I am using the spoiler at the beginning but it is saying the name is invalid. I tried ItInStin and HotItInStin. Does anyone know what it is?

GG silentghost227. Worse game of Freeman's career 13 for 28 attempts for 154 yards and 4 interceptions. We had a chance at the end but only getting 2 FG's on offense isn't going to get it done.

Grr, almost beat Cru, had the lead very late in the game but I couldn't run down the clock and he beat me in the end. GG Cru. I'm happy with my performance in both of my last games--I expected the Broncos and 9ers to completely smoke me and while the Broncos...kinda did, I was at least somewhat respectable, and thanks to my D, had a shot to beat the 9ers. Dolphins, here I come ;)

And as a note for people in this league, as I posted in the other league, my primary Xbox just took a hike with a RRoD. I'll be using my brother's, but he plays CoD many nights, so my availability will be varying by night most likely until I get my refurb. Tempted to go get one of the new "slim" Xboxes, but buying another damn HDD isn't really appealing right now, nor is buying the 250GB bundle. I do have a 250GB laptop drive I use for work I could hack into it with that unofficial case, though...hrm...

Lol Doom...I was so proud to find that deal! I searched like 3 pages to make sure I was the first one. I am like 50/50 on buying a PS3...6 out of my 8 college roommates from my last 2 years of college (probably my 6 best friends) seem to have all of a sudden banded together to buy PS3s this last Christmas so I'm the only one stuck all alone with my dumb 360! I got $600 for Christmas so I can definitely manage it. There are so many PS3 exclusives I want to play but I already put way too much time into video games already. And I would hate to have to waste money on stuff like buying Madden AGAIN for the PS3 when I have the exact same thing on Xbox 360 just so I can play with my friends online. Can anyone with dual ownership give me some advice as to whether or not it's worth having a 360 and a PS3?

I have both. I use it mainly to play PS2 games, Call of Duty, and the exclusives (and blu ray). Other than that it doesn't get much use. If you are really interested in the exclusives and need a blu ray player I say go for it.

Lol I was just surprised when I saw your name. "What the hell, MasterAwesome posted this?!?!?!?"

Well I was just sick of missing out on the exclusives so I shelled out the cash in Sept 09. There are a lot of things that the PS3 does well and the exclusives themselves are better than what the 360 has to offer. Trophies can be addicting if you're into achievements. In fact I like them more than achievements.

When it comes down to it, almost all multiplatform games (especially online shooters and sports) I play on the 360 with my amigos.

PS3 I use just for the exclusives and anything I download from the PS Store(namely all of the JRPG's that they put up) Now if I can just find the time...

Giants 30
Ravens 14

Turnovers were the story of this game... we couldnt get them and we gave too many up. GG BigAT... I gift wrapped that game for you. No more gaming while talking on the phone for me

SN: That Antrell Rolle pick should never have happened sine it was supposed to be a lob to Heap... o well.

Last edited by a moderator:
At 3-3, every game from here on out is do or die for these Ravens... if we miss the playoffs this year, Joe Flacco could be on his way out of Baltimore

Trade up for discussion. It's been revised.

Niners send Frank Gore, Shawntae Spencer and my 3rd rd Draft pick

Lions Send Jahvid Best and Muhammed Alipate

I thought it was a bit unbalanced, but I believe the 3rd rounder evens it out. Thoughts?

Does anyone know what's up with the message "The Away team's Depth chart is out of date" or something along those lines? Me and mog keep getting that message, he's the away team but his depth chart should definitely be up to date since he's been able to play his games fine recently and there hasn't been a roster update in a long time. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Edit: now it just froze my game when we tried to start this time.

I don't want to tell someone how to run their team, but trading away a young, A-rated, 95 speed CB for ANYTHING is just :wall:

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Does anyone know what's up with the message "The Away team's Depth chart is out of date" or something along those lines? Me and mog keep getting that message, he's the away team but his depth chart should definitely be up to date since he's been able to play his games fine recently and there hasn't been a roster update in a long time. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Edit: now it just froze my game when we tried to start this time.[/QUOTE]

Have both of you open and check your depth chart to make sure everyone is starting at the proper positions. I think it has to do with when there is a change to a team's roster (grabbing an FA, trades, etc.) and then the CPU automatically reorders the depth chart and screws it up.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Does anyone know what's up with the message "The Away team's Depth chart is out of date" or something along those lines? Me and mog keep getting that message, he's the away team but his depth chart should definitely be up to date since he's been able to play his games fine recently and there hasn't been a roster update in a long time. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Edit: now it just froze my game when we tried to start this time.[/QUOTE]

He probably dropped someone in the FA pick up stage. He's got any empty spot on his depth chart he needs to fill. It has nothing to do with the online roster updates.

Yeah we got it thanks friends!!!! And yeah I agree with what BigAT said about that trade...I feel like some people in this league have a very flawed system of judging a player's value.

Maybe a 2nd rounder would be more appropriate. Or leave Best out and add something else on that end. The Niners are kind of fleecing the Lions here. That CB is a beast. :/

Wow right after we had this discussion in the other thread...now it's not letting me assign Josh Wilson to a receiver. Although Josh Wilson is technically my #2 CB...I don't think it's gonna be a huge deal but it's still stupid.

[quote name='masterawesome']wow right after we had this discussion in the other thread...now it's not letting me assign josh wilson to a receiver. Although josh wilson is technically my #2 cb...i don't think it's gonna be a huge deal but it's still stupid.[/quote]

do it :twisted:

If I have to include a second he should have to include a third , I mean I'm not saying the corner isn't good but he isn't the next coming of revis or bailey, he has 86 man 74 zone and 49 press. I mean I am send frank gore , arguably one of the top running backs in the league.

[quote name='gbpackers94']^That's true, a 3rd should suffice. Just wondering, how many more seasons are we planning to do?[/QUOTE]
Good question, I'm signed up for a 4th. I know I'd still play.

Hooray I'm slowly crawling my way up out of this slump. A victory against Cru last week and now Mog. AND more importantly...I avenged myself after that Superbowl massacre. I will have everyone know I only targeted Sanjay Nash 4 times this game. In my first 3 games where I went 1-2, Sanjay Nash averaged around 8-9 catches a game...but only half that in the last 2 which were against some darn good opponents. I don't try to force balls to him anymore, but when he does get the ball, amazing things happen...including a 51 yard TD in the 4th quarter (where he caught a pass maybe 10 yards out and then outran the CB guarding him). Another noticeable factor in my last 2 wins was Jonathan Stewart getting more involved in the running game. After having 29 rushes for 123 yards in the first 3 games (41 ypg), he's broken out for 296 yards on 31 attempts in the past 2 games.

And I'm starting to love Gerald McCoy after a mediocre start. Tim Tebow burned me for almost a hundred yards rushing partly cause it's so hard to user tackle a player out in the open. I had Jon Beason on QB spy and would have a clear tackle on him but it's so easy for an agile player to just switch directions really quick when you're trying to tackle to break out for a good run.

And another injury to my secondary (third one) - Justin King out for 5 weeks. He was the FA I just picked up so I'll be okay without him. I needed him to sub in for my last CB out with an injury, but he's coming back this coming week so it all works out. That FS I picked up for depth was playing a lot of the game for some reason, but he ended up with a pick.

Alright well I rambled on a lot more than usual about this game, I'm sure no one cares much except for my one true friend Doomtime. Panthers 24 Broncos 19

P.S. - about how many seasons we're in for......ummm, I was under the impression that we would be playing season after season until the next Madden comes out!! And then do the same with THAT Madden...then the Madden after that...and so on, FOREVER! Don't ruin my hopes and dreams :cry: But seriously....I'll keep playing as long as this league goes on!

[quote name='BigAT']I don't want to tell someone how to run their team, but trading away a young, A-rated, 95 speed CB for ANYTHING is just :wall:[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Oh shucks...you're just saying that :oops:

And Doom, your research was spot-on...although I still didn't know how to effectively stop that formation lol.

So yeah, i'll put that Gore trade through tomorrow. We'll keep it as it. It's not that bad, and worse have probably gotten through, so I'll leave it at that.

6 games left.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Oh shucks...you're just saying that :oops:

And Doom, your research was spot-on...although I still didn't know how to effectively stop that formation lol.[/QUOTE]
Yeah can't even effectively follow my own research. Just got waxed in the other league. I hate these receivers! 5 more picks for Freeman lol

[quote name='MasterAwesome']
P.S. - about how many seasons we're in for......ummm, I was under the impression that we would be playing season after season until the next Madden comes out!! And then do the same with THAT Madden...then the Madden after that...and so on, FOREVER! Don't ruin my hopes and dreams :cry: But seriously....I'll keep playing as long as this league goes on![/QUOTE]

I was getting curious about this too, I kinda assumed the same thing.

bread's done
Back