Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

*watches back for Steggy and gbpackers94*

CAG NAME: Matt Young
XBL NAME: X Matt Young X
Team Name: Green Bay Packers

Obviously not the case with the 2 guys here, since one has a Packers user name and one's from Wisconsin, but as the Packers' rating gets higher, more people will be wanting the team. That was not a problem a few years ago.

But I'm excited for the game even with my frustrations that came out during season 3. I've had it pre-ordered at Amazon for a couple months.

[quote name='bvharris']I think he was referring to the number of user teams in the division, not you personally. ;)

Could also have something to do with the fact that the NFC West, in general, sucks.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the teams in the division...what will generally happen is that a few other users will take them for now because they are excited to be in the league to start Madden 11...then they will lose a bunch of games and drop out because "they really aren't interested anymore"....has nothing to do with the people (person) in the NFC West, but the potential that it will be empty soon after the season starts.

So has anyone read whether they fixed the tie-breaker rules this year for online franchises to get rid of the stupid alphabetical rule? I'm guessing not..

Browns, Bucs and Bills are the three teams definitely left.

If the Saints or Pats open up then the Chargers will become available too.

[quote name='ubernes']Browns, Bucs and Bills are the three teams definitely left.

If the Saints or Pats open up then the Chargers will become available too.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming I wouldn't be allowed to switch to the saints if they become available. (Passively calling dibs on the Saints, just in case)

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm assuming I wouldn't be allowed to switch to the saints if they become available. (Passively calling dibs on the Saints, just in case)[/QUOTE]

Nope, the reason the Chargers would be available is because I already have dibs on the Saints and Pats if they open up (my price for giving up the Titans to Soodmeg). ;)

[quote name='gbpackers94']I'm assuming I wouldn't be allowed to switch to the saints if they become available. (Passively calling dibs on the Saints, just in case)[/QUOTE]

BV, who has the Chargers at the moment, has first dibs on the Saints if they become available. Patriots and Saints are on hold until Friday, if those aren't claimed by then BV gets the Saints and the Patriots and Chargers become free.

edit: BV beat me to it

Alright then I guess I'll call dibs on the Chargers if they open up, (if that's cool with you guys). I kind of want to get away from the Steelers because of their weak offense.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Steelers because of their weak offense.[/QUOTE]

I'm saving this for posterity. :D

Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm saving this for posterity. :D

Ah, how the mighty have fallen.[/QUOTE]
I mean they aren't bad in real life, but they certainly aren't the desirable Madden team that they used to be. Their QB has no accuracy (in the game) and they have a slow running back. I may be wrong. I seriously can't wait for this game to come via amazon.

P.S. What day do you think the league is going to start?

[quote name='bvharris']So has anyone read whether they fixed the tie-breaker rules this year for online franchises to get rid of the stupid alphabetical rule? I'm guessing not..[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything one way or the other, which probably isn't good news. I've even asked PastaPadre and he says he hasn't heard anything. I've put the question to Ian Cummings on Twitter and he's never responded.

gb, i'll note the Chargers dibs.

as far as start time, I'd like to kick off things the Sunday or Monday after the game comes out (15th, 16th of August). I'll open the league as soon as I get the game (release day) so people can start joining up.

Something to think about, you might want to wait until more accurate roster updates are available. Towards the end of the preseason.

[quote name='ubernes']gb, i'll note the Chargers dibs.

as far as start time, I'd like to kick off things the Sunday or Monday after the game comes out (15th, 16th of August). I'll open the league as soon as I get the game (release day) so people can start joining up.[/QUOTE]
Alright, I ordered it on Amazon so hopefully it gets to me by then.

[quote name='ubernes']
as far as start time, I'd like to kick off things the Sunday or Monday after the game comes out (15th, 16th of August). I'll open the league as soon as I get the game (release day) so people can start joining up.[/QUOTE]

This might just be me, but I'd rather hold off for a while longer to let everyone get their hands on a copy as well as have some time to get familiar with the new mechanics.

I ordered it with super saver shipping, though I can switch to release-date delivery if I need to.

If you do decide to start it then, I'd be fine with it, but I'd prefer to wait a bit longer I guess.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Alright, I ordered it on Amazon so hopefully it gets to me by then.[/QUOTE]
I did as well, I did regular shipping.

Preseason ends almost a month later, so I don't know if we want to wait that long to get going. I could see us waiting for everyone to get the game and get used to the new mechanics a bit, but I think 2 weeks is probably around the max amount of time people want to wait, but I could be wrong.

And for those who did super saving shipping, don't worry. I'm sure there's a lot of you out there, so we're not going to start without you.

I think we should start sooner rather than later...the commish could make whatever roster moves (i.e. T.O.) but we would be stuck with the ratings as they are, but that would be the case no-matter which roster we used, as soon as we start the season, whenever that is, our roster will be outdated either way....

Holmes is awesome by the way. Actually I love Cotchery as a 3rd option too. He seems to get more open and those routes fit him nicely. So glad the Jets made it into the demo.

What happened to the 20th? I know it was tentative but, that gives people a solid 10 days buffer and kicks it off on a Friday.

Dude, its madden.

Its been the exact same gameplay for the last 8-10 years. You dont need any time to get used to the controls, we can also just add people as they get the game. Just make it so that there is a cutoff to when we give away your team.

Wow, I missed the boat on this. I figured my Bucs would be available seeing how they've been so shitty, but wow.

I can't see myself playing as the Bills or Browns, so I'll (unfortunately) have to pass.

sorry HydroX but the Bucs looked the most pleasing with the three choices left. Hopefully I can do something with them.

Good luck. I actually like the guy and never expected him to be gone from the Packers within a year or so. Not that he'd have had a shot at starting because of Rodgers, but ya know.

I just realized, Venom is on vacation, so he may not have seen this. Ubernes, not sure if you contacted him on Facebook, but I am now since I'm pretty sure he still wants the Patriots.

[quote name='Matt Young']
I just realized, Venom is on vacation, so he may not have seen this. Ubernes, not sure if you contacted him on Facebook, but I am now since I'm pretty sure he still wants the Patriots.[/QUOTE]

I tried to catch him on Facebook chat to let him know, but not sure if he saw it. He seems to be on there often, so hopefully he can make his way to here or at least just let one of us know on Facebook if and when he'll be back.

[quote name='theredworm']tempted to do this with the Bills just to play with Brian Brohm since I'm a diehard Louisville fan[/QUOTE]
Your my new favorite CAGer.

Edit: Bonus Pic for all you Louisville/Brohm fans.
4840111494_e1711c8b2a_b.jpg

[quote name='ubernes']I tried to catch him on Facebook chat to let him know, but not sure if he saw it. He seems to be on there often, so hopefully he can make his way to here or at least just let one of us know on Facebook if and when he'll be back.[/QUOTE]

This probably goes without saying, but just in case: I don't want to take his team from under him if there's a chance he's coming back, so don't put a deadline on him or anything on my account. I'd rather have the Saints anyway, have you heard anything from Scotts?

[quote name='bvharris']This probably goes without saying, but just in case: I don't want to take his team from under him if there's a chance he's coming back, so don't put a deadline on him or anything on my account. I'd rather have the Saints anyway, have you heard anything from Scotts?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not a peep from either.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Your my new favorite CAGer.

[/QUOTE]

I'll see that jersey and raise you a GB jersey. I'm probably the only person in Wisconsin wearing a Brohm Green Bay jersey with pride.

4839635503_3d70fdc1ca.jpg

Bills are now the last available team.

If Scotts doesn't show up around this time tomorrow then BVHarris will take the Saints, gbpackers94 will take the Chargers and the Steelers will also become available.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Your my new favorite CAGer.

[/QUOTE]

But... but... I've had the packers flag in my sig since I first signed up here! :p

As for Venom, he responded to another comment I posted on his FB page last night, but not the comment about Madden, so I don't know what's up. I know he had some stuff going on, so maybe he missed that particular comment.

Glad to see Brad is playing as well. I know him from the same board at which I met Venom.

It probably wouldn't be Monday that I'd be able, but would anyone who still has Madden 10 care to play a game or two between now and the 10th?

I really want to post and say that I'd love to be a backup to anyone who stops playing a few weeks into the season but I'm not sure how lackluster my gaming schedule will be since I have a baby boy that's due in a couple of days.

I've been dying to play in a league that's active and reading the old Madden threads, the CAG leagues seem to work fairly well without too many hitches.

[quote name='theredworm']I'll see that jersey and raise you a GB jersey. I'm probably the only person in Wisconsin wearing a Brohm Green Bay jersey with pride.

4839635503_3d70fdc1ca.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice, I wanted to buy that but NFL jerseys are so dang expensive.
P.S. We should have a Louisville Swag war.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HydroX']I really want to post and say that I'd love to be a backup to anyone who stops playing a few weeks into the season but I'm not sure how lackluster my gaming schedule will be since I have a baby boy that's due in a couple of days.

I've been dying to play in a league that's active and reading the old Madden threads, the CAG leagues seem to work fairly well without too many hitches.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, man! Too bad the baby doesn't come with free release day delivery. ;)

[quote name='DestroVega']I've been waiting for this thread to open and somehow missed it, doubt I'll even buy the game now.[/QUOTE]

The Steelers could be very much available in the next 15-20 hours.

[quote name='DestroVega']I've been waiting for this thread to open and somehow missed it, doubt I'll even buy the game now.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean man.

I am so very worried about the league. Its the sole reason why I am getting madden which might be putting some unrealistic pressure.

I have followed the game and played the demo and in all honestly this has got to be not only the worst fucking madden I have ever played but ranks very high in terms of worst overall football game as far as gameplay goes.

Plus I have heard no news at all on improvements for the online or offline franchise.

Seriously, if I didnt love playing with CAGs and being on a CAG league I wouldnt spend a dime on this. (Trying to figure out a way to get it for less than 20 or so bucks.)

[quote name='Soodmeg']
Plus I have heard no news at all on improvements for the online or offline franchise.
[/QUOTE]

They've said that they aren't really making any improvements to either of those aspects of the game. Expect pretty much what you saw last year.

I also had some friends say they played the demo and thought the game was awful, this and the league being filled might save me from buying it, which might be a good thing. With NHL and Halo Reach, my time might be dominated anyway.

Well HydroX you can take the Bucs. Because I am not positive if I am officially getting this game once it come out. I might just wait until NHL 11... :D

Am I the only one who liked the demo? I've bought madden every years since 02 but wasn't planning on getting 11 but after playing the demo I immediately preordered it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I know what you mean man.

I am so very worried about the league. Its the sole reason why I am getting madden which might be putting some unrealistic pressure.

I have followed the game and played the demo and in all honestly this has got to be not only the worst fucking madden I have ever played but ranks very high in terms of worst overall football game as far as gameplay goes.

Seriously, if I didnt love playing with CAGs and being on a CAG league I wouldnt spend a dime on this. (Trying to figure out a way to get it for less than 20 or so bucks.)[/QUOTE]

Really? I haven't even played the demo, but I can't see how it could be as bad as 06, which sucked greatly, or 07, which was very good on the original Xbox but not so much on the 360.

This sums up how shitty the game is, taken from E3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-67664A_oIA

I simply cant bring myself to play a game that has such horrid tackling detection. Its still 1 guy tackle 8 guys slip and slide and fall over. Pro Tak also seems no existent and even if its there clearly its still not triggering at the right times.

First play shows that they still allow the age old scramble backwards and toss where ever you want. (I did this with Manning in the demo also) second play Tim Timbow trucks a guy (although it looks like he just fell over) trucks another, gets sucked into a strip animation, 3 guys bounce off of him and he skates his way to the endzone. That is depressing and you know thats not every once and a while. That kind of play is going to happen 4 or 5 times a game.

bread's done
Back