Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='gbpackers94']^ that could be rookie difficulty.[/QUOTE]

It being on rookie makes no difference a difficulty setting shouldnt override things physics and still if that was the case it shows how broken the game is at its core.

There is no justification for having guys run up to players and simply fall over or slide off. That is what Pro Tak was suppose to fix but clearly like all things Tiburon does its was just another half ass gimmick.Not ripping on you packers but so many madden heads use that same tired excuse. With that logic we shouldnt be surprised if they allowed Frank Gore to simply fly to the endzone on a rookie setting.

And as a madden vet I can tell you that things like this only increase the harder you put the setting on. All Madden is basically unplayable because of things like that. It makes things like tactics worthless as you cant tactically plan for 4-6 guys to hit a force field and fall over when pursing the ball carrier.

Game is disgusting.

(Sorry for the griping.....WOOOOOO CAG MADDEN LEAGUE!)

[quote name='Soodmeg']second play Tim Timbow trucks a guy (although it looks like he just fell over) trucks another, gets sucked into a strip animation, 3 guys bounce off of him and he skates his way to the endzone. That is depressing and you know thats not every once and a while. That kind of play is going to happen 4 or 5 times a game.[/QUOTE]

You've failed to account for the new "Jesus is my Homeboy" stat, brought to you by Johnson & Johnson. Tebow entered at a 99.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It being on rookie makes no difference a difficulty setting shouldnt override things physics and still if that was the case it shows how broken the game is at its core.

There is no justification for having guys run up to players and simply fall over or slide off. That is what Pro Tak was suppose to fix but clearly like all things Tiburon does its was just another half ass gimmick.Not ripping on you packers but so many madden heads use that same tired excuse. With that logic we shouldnt be surprised if they allowed Frank Gore to simply fly to the endzone on a rookie setting.

And as a madden vet I can tell you that things like this only increase the harder you put the setting on. All Madden is basically unplayable because of things like that. It makes things like tactics worthless as you cant tactically plan for 4-6 guys to hit a force field and fall over when pursing the ball carrier.

Game is disgusting.

(Sorry for the griping.....WOOOOOO CAG MADDEN LEAGUE!)[/QUOTE]

Amen dude and I'm glad you brought that up because I've been wondering if anyone felt the same way I did about the demo. Disappointment in the least, for sure.
That being said, though, it seems that tumbleweed tackling bullshit happens less often on All-Madden than the lesser settings.

Hey guys, if Saints are still available I'll take them, if not, no big deal. Sorry, I've been away from this board a bit.

[quote name='Scotts85']Hey guys, if Saints are still available I'll take them, if not, no big deal. Sorry, I've been away from this board a bit.[/QUOTE]

Fiddlesticks!

We've been holding them for you, but I had dibs if you didn't want to play again. :D

If you feel like making a change and want the Chargers, feel free. ;)

Saints are all yours. Venom claimed the Pats. So looks like only the Bills remain and also now the Bucs are open. Someone stated that was their fav team and edit: took no one! See my next post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I had a feeling I was going to end up holding the bag with a team I didn't really want. Oh well, nice guys finish last. :D

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, I missed the boat on this. I figured my Bucs would be available seeing how they've been so shitty, but wow.

I can't see myself playing as the Bills or Browns, so I'll (unfortunately) have to pass.[/QUOTE]

Hydro, you want the Bucs now? They are available.

[quote name='Soodmeg']It being on rookie makes no difference a difficulty setting shouldnt override things physics and still if that was the case it shows how broken the game is at its core.

Game is disgusting.

(Sorry for the griping.....WOOOOOO CAG MADDEN LEAGUE!)[/QUOTE]

If you hate it so much, don't buy it....I played the actual game and enjoyed it thoroughly, it's not perfect but it's a football video game....it was fun, there were/are a few slight changes in gameplay but the only "gripe" that I have is the strategy pad....other than that I won't complain.

The experience (for me) is still very enjoyable, I guess because I don't expect perfection in a virtual football simulation....

Great, done and done. Still waiting on the Bills guy to swing through here and then we're officially full.

I have to say I'm PUMPED. Great to see so many familiar faces in the league. I really think this one has the chance to be the best one yet.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']If you hate it so much, don't buy it....I played the actual game and enjoyed it thoroughly, it's not perfect but it's a football video game....it was fun, there were/are a few slight changes in gameplay but the only "gripe" that I have is the strategy pad....other than that I won't complain.

The experience (for me) is still very enjoyable, I guess because I don't expect perfection in a virtual football simulation....[/QUOTE]

Dont pull that card give me a break dude.

Is asking for people not to hit a force field and fall all over the place really asking for perfection? Tackling in a football game is as fundamental as dribbling in a basketball game. But you would never see NBA 2k /NBA Elite say..."oh its cool if the players dont actually dribble. Just have it float next to their body."

Now no one is saying that you cant enjoy the game, thats strictly opinion but to look at that play and say that the only gripe is because I look for perfection is balls out stupid.

Do you not understand that the only reason why he got a touchdown was due to the broken aspect of tackling? 5 people fell down at his feet without the game even recognizing that it happened. Maybe its just that I am football fan first and a football video game fan 2nd. Plus I am a old school, hat on a hat, defensive player. I am not impressed by sportcenter highlight football, in a month where Jack Tutum has passed you have the nerve to show that and call it defense? He would be rolling in his grave. Whats the point of having Ray Lewis, Troy P, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, B. Dawkins, J.Peppers etc etc if they are simply going to fall over when they get to a ball carrier?

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol but that doesnt change the fact that the game is broken in a lot of aspects. And I will enjoy madden as long as the league is strong but that doesnt excuse the fact the game is broken in many regards. Again, how can you tactical plan for 4-8 guys to simply fall over during a play?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Dont pull that card give me a break dude.

Is asking for people not to hit a force field and fall all over the place really asking for perfection? Tackling in a football game is as fundamental as dribbling in a basketball game. But you would never see NBA 2k /NBA Elite say..."oh its cool if the players dont actually dribble. Just have it float next to their body."

Now no one is saying that you cant enjoy the game, thats strictly opinion but to look at that play and say that the only gripe is because I look for perfection is balls out stupid.

Do you not understand that the only reason why he got a touchdown was due to the broken aspect of tackling? 5 people fell down at his feet without the game even recognizing that it happened. Maybe its just that I am football fan first and a football video game fan 2nd. Plus I am a old school, hat on a hat, defensive player. I am not impressed by sportcenter highlight football, in a month where Jack Tutum has passed you have the nerve to show that and call it defense? He would be rolling in his grave. Whats the point of having Ray Lewis, Troy P, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, B. Dawkins, J.Peppers etc etc if they are simply going to fall over when they get to a ball carrier?

I enjoyed Alpha Protocol but that doesnt change the fact that the game is broken in a lot of aspects. And I will enjoy madden as long as the league is strong but that doesnt excuse the fact the game is broken in many regards. Again, how can you tactical plan for 4-8 guys to simply fall over during a play?[/QUOTE]

First of all, I am not an apologist for EA...I love football and I would like to see the game improve in any number of areas. My point is not that the game is not "broken", I will not argue that Madden is "good enough".

My point is that it is anti-rational to be so adamant about how terribly disgusting the game is and still purchase it for whatever reason.

What I don't want to happen is that people come into the league, play for maybe one season, then quit because they "hate the game". I would like to see this league stay full for multiple seasons for people who actually enjoy playing the game, broken or not.

Your comments have potentially made that less likely, due to the "influence" that you may have and I think it's pretty obvious that you don't plan on staying around....This thread isn't the place for you to rant about how terrible madden is, quite simply.

BTW, I never said that the only reason you have a gripe is because you expect perfection and I would appreciate it if you refrained from using "stupid" in reference to any of my comments etc...it is immature and disrespectful.

Seriously, there's no need to resort to calling people, or their comments, stupid, I'm really hoping we can be cordial in this league.

If you really hate the game so much, just don't buy it. I'd gladly take back the Titans whom I gave up for you since you seemed so unwilling to play as anyone else.

[quote name='theredworm']theredworm
the red worm
Bills (trade up to anything if anyone flakes out and doesn't join/drops league early please)[/QUOTE]

I actually have a Bills fan that wanted the team. I was trying to avoid them and the Bucs, and the like, from being the first teams to go vacant once a better team becomes available, which is inevitable at one point or another.

If he no shows, you can have them but I'd prefer to put you on top of the waiting list for a team you'd stick with if that is okay with you.

For all you strategy pad haters:
[quote name='Pastapadre']The old style of pre-snap adjustments will be patched into the game though it will probably be September by the time it arrives.[/QUOTE]
Source

I finally have power back (we've been without since Monday after a storm last weekend) so I can download the demo and see what all the fuss is about.

[quote name='ubernes']Great, done and done. Still waiting on the Bills guy to swing through here and then we're officially full.

I have to say I'm PUMPED. Great to see so many familiar faces in the league. I really think this one has the chance to be the best one yet.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree I am excited also to see familiar faces, I can't wait to see if I can evolve the 49ers into a championship team as I did with the Panther's. I look forward to some epic games with BiG AT also assuming I make the Playoffs , I hear DarthoftheDead is pretty good, so it should be interesting.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I would have to agree I am excited also to see familiar faces, I can't wait to see if I can evolve the 49ers into a championship team as I did with the Panther's. I look forward to some epic games with BiG AT also assuming I make the Playoffs , I hear DarthoftheDead is pretty good, so it should be interesting.[/QUOTE]

With the way All-Madden has been whooping my ass on the demo, winning the NFC West is in some serious doubt. Anyone else having issues on stopping the run, or just everything not syncing up, period? I'm really missing the sprint ... :(

[quote name='RamesuThe1']First of all, I am not an apologist for EA...I love football and I would like to see the game improve in any number of areas. My point is not that the game is not "broken", I will not argue that Madden is "good enough".

My point is that it is anti-rational to be so adamant about how terribly disgusting the game is and still purchase it for whatever reason.

What I don't want to happen is that people come into the league, play for maybe one season, then quit because they "hate the game". I would like to see this league stay full for multiple seasons for people who actually enjoy playing the game, broken or not.

Your comments have potentially made that less likely, due to the "influence" that you may have and I think it's pretty obvious that you don't plan on staying around....This thread isn't the place for you to rant about how terrible madden is, quite simply.

BTW, I never said that the only reason you have a gripe is because you expect perfection and I would appreciate it if you refrained from using "stupid" in reference to any of my comments etc...it is immature and disrespectful.[/QUOTE]

Lets not get overly sensitive here.

Matt Young personally asked me how I felt about the game. So I responded and at the end of that response I said, "But this isnt the place to rant about Madden....GO CAG Madden league." Thus announcing that I was closing my opinion about madden and focusing on the league.

You (after reading that I clearly closed my opinion) responded to my post to Matt, why people make comments towards a person but are surprised when they respond is beyond me. And by saying, "I guess I dont look for perfection," clearly implies that I do. Whether you meant it that way or not...that is what a statement like that means.

So, you kinda came into conversation that ended, heard something you didnt like, wanted and did say your peace but were somehow surprised when a response was given to you.

Also, this is CAG I dont have influence here and I have been a part of every madden league we have had, And I have done more to help keep the league fun and interesting with the weekly news articles, stats, standing breakdowns, MVP race, etc etc than most others.

No harm done buddy, lets play some football.

I just played All Madden for the first time this year and the running game is just stupid. The CPU D is pretty much how I imagined it to be, you really have to try to move the ball up the field. But defending vs the CPU, even if you sniff out their offensive play it won't matter. I've had Addai bounce off multiple tackles in the backfield and then emerge from a pile 5 yards from scrimmage to break a 20 yarder on the same play. If I was playing versus AP or Gore, or someone, you know...actually good, then I would be like okay this is just the best of the best running backs. But Addai? Laughable.

edit: I'm not really complaining. It is the highest difficulty and it's not 'unbeatable', but it's also not realistic. I'm literally laughing though at Addai breaking all these tackles.

[quote name='ubernes']I just played All Madden for the first time this year and the running game is just stupid. The CPU D is pretty much how I imagined it to be, you really have to try to move the ball up the field. But defending vs the CPU, even if you sniff out their offensive play it won't matter. I've had Addai bounce off multiple tackles in the backfield and then emerge from a pile 5 yards from scrimmage to break a 20 yarder on the same play. If I was playing versus AP or Gore, or someone, you know...actually good, then I would be like okay this is just the best of the best running backs. But Addai? Laughable.[/QUOTE]

This isnt the place for you to rant about madden.
:lol: I am kidding. But seriously, all madden is bullshit man. I like how the CPU RB no matter who it is will always break the first tackle.

[quote name='Soodmeg'] I like how the CPU RB no matter who it is will always break the first tackle[/QUOTE]

I don't mind that from time to time, but it was happening with CBs after INTs, punt returners, everyone. I switched back to All Pro. I wish there was a way to play All Madden on offense and All Pro on defense. I have a theory though, with this new dual motion or whatever they are calling it, if you do it right you do seem to break more tackles than normal. So All Madden is pretty much the CPU doing it right ALL THE TIME, which is cool but I wish there was a way to counteract that on D. Unless the hit stick has become more sensitive on that end and my timing isn't synced with the new game.

EITHER WAY: I'm still very much pumped for the league. As y'all won't be All Madden tackle breakers, as much as you wish you were!

[quote name='ubernes']I don't mind that from time to time, but it was happening with CBs after INTs, punt returners, everyone. I switched back to All Pro. I wish there was a way to play All Madden on offense and All Pro on defense. I have a theory though, with this new dual motion or whatever they are calling it, if you do it right you do seem to break more tackles than normal. So All Madden is pretty much the CPU doing it right ALL THE TIME, which is cool but I wish there was a way to counteract that on D. Unless the hit stick has become more sensitive on that end and my timing isn't synced with the new game.

EITHER WAY: I'm still very much pumped for the league. As y'all won't be All Madden tackle breakers, as much as you wish you were![/QUOTE]

It's funny how in '10, people with stacked vs. cpu schedules were regarded as "Untested" and now I'm praying no one from the West drops out. I'm just crossing my fingers that CPU w/Addai < Grand Cru w/Gore or else it's going to be a long season. :cry:
I'll be logging a lot of Virtual Trainer time to figure out if the lack of effective tackling is just a timing issue or it's just broke.

I don't think we played All Madden in last year's league so I don't see why we would this year.

edit: we may have switched to All Madden in the later leagues, but either way, this league will be All Pro. Difficult enough where you could freakishly lose vs CPU, but not hard enough where it could screw you out of the playoffs or something. Hopefully everyone stays in the league forever and this is a non-issue!

[quote name='Matt Young']We played All Madden in season 3, and I hated it. All Pro is definitely the way to go.[/QUOTE]

All-Madden really wasn't that difficult last year. After all I built a 15-1 record in that last league, mostly on playing the CPU, and I don't remember it giving me any trouble. Then again, I tend to play a TON of offline Madden, so I know all the CPU's tricks.

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']It's funny how in '10, people with stacked vs. cpu schedules were regarded as "Untested" and now I'm praying no one from the West drops out. I'm just crossing my fingers that CPU w/Addai < Grand Cru w/Gore or else it's going to be a long season. :cry:
I'll be logging a lot of Virtual Trainer time to figure out if the lack of effective tackling is just a timing issue or it's just broke.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know how effective I will be right away with Gore, I can't remember ever using Gore in Madden. Hopefully I can bring the strong running game I had with DeAngelo Williams (Panthers) over to the 49ers, I think Im really excited about Patrick Willis and Taylor Mays together, If I can force some fumbles that is.

ubernes - I was thinking.. One of the things I really liked about the one CAG league I was in last year (and the tourney) was that we all sort of had an understanding about fair play, etc.. Both with regards to going for it on 4th down in unrealistic situations as well as taking advantage of glitches like blocking FGs, etc. Since there are a lot of new people this year, maybe it would be worth it to all say that, at least in spirit, we're going to try to approximate real football as much as possible (at least as close to reality as you can get in a game where Joseph Addai sheds tacklers like he was covered in butter).

[quote name='bvharris']ubernes - I was thinking.. One of the things I really liked about the one CAG league I was in last year (and the tourney) was that we all sort of had an understanding about fair play, etc.. Both with regards to going for it on 4th down in unrealistic situations as well as taking advantage of glitches like blocking FGs, etc. Since there are a lot of new people this year, maybe it would be worth it to all say that, at least in spirit, we're going to try to approximate real football as much as possible (at least as close to reality as you can get in a game where Joseph Addai sheds tacklers like he was covered in butter).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think that should be covered in the first and pretty much only rule: play fair. But I will remind everyone as the league starts a vague sense of what that means. This, of course, isn't a sim league but yes, like what you're saying, 4th and long in your own territory should not be something you go for unless you're down by multiple scores late in the game, just like real football.

[quote name='ubernes']Agreed. I think that should be covered in the first and pretty much only rule: play fair. But I will remind everyone as the league starts a vague sense of what that means. This, of course, isn't a sim league but yes, like what you're saying, 4th and long in your own territory should not be something you go for unless you're down by multiple scores late in the game, just like real football.[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, All-Pro is cool with me. All-Madden is not. After all, I am playing as the Bucs here... :lol:

OK... i'm a lil late but i got three things to say:
1. Madden always has and always will have things it can improve on cuz the developers are not perfect and a lot of them never strapped on their own pads so they only know what they see on tv. That leads to such issues as ridiculous amounts of broken tackels, horrible tackling animations, etc... I played the demo and in my opinion, it's no better or worse than 10. They did away with magnetic tackling so you actually have to be precise with ur hit stick(or square for those of us that still use it). There is no sprint so you HAVE to read and follow your blocks to have success running the ball. Those are the two things that will cause the most problems for people i think. User catching wont be as easy as it has been either but thats neither here nor there.

2. I went out and got NCAA 11 because i figured EA Sports would use NCAA as the guinea pig to test the new things they planned to put in Madden, and I was right. I spent about 2 hours playing NCAA before i was comfortable with everything, and I think it would be beneficial to all who have gripes about what they're experiencing in the Madden demo to at least rent it and get a few games in. I only play my games on All-Madden(Heisman in NCAA) so i take my lumps from the cpu so i dont get stomped by u guys... which leads me to #3...

3. GO (CAG) RAVENS!!! Hopefully, i can continue my reign as AFC Champ and parlay that into a Superbowl or three ;)

and i'd prefer all madden for the league but it seems as if i'm badly outnumbered so i'll sit down and shut up :)

[quote name='Deuce20602']and i'd prefer all madden for the league but it seems as if i'm badly outnumbered so i'll sit down and shut up :)[/QUOTE]

I'm with Deuce, I'd prefer All-Madden as well, but I don't care too much about it either way.

[quote name='Zurezo']Is the league full? And if so how long is the waiting list?[/QUOTE]

League is full.

Waiting list only contains one person. Read the OP.

[quote name='ubernes']Deuce, you're starting the season 0-1 but good luck with the rest of your season haha[/QUOTE]

lol... as much as i wanna talk trash, i'm finding it hard to justify givin u more reasons to come out wit guns blazin. The Jets are the only team in the league I'm actually worried about in Madden 11 so i guess its a good thing i got one of the best defenses in football :). 0-1 is a possibility but i dont think it'll be reality. RAVENS!!!

re: All Madden. I liked it last year and didn't have any problem disposing of the CPU any given week. I'd throw picks and make mistakes, but I think that was me being more careless and gambling more than anything else. Maybe I'm just REALLY rusty, which if that's the case I better put some more time into the demo, but I do believe this year's All Madden upped the ante when compared to last's. So, like I said earlier, we will be using All Pro. At least for Season 1.

Zurezo, you've been added to the waiting list.

Deuce, I shouldn't be talking trash either. I think I'm 0-3 or 0-4 vs you. I've come close plenty of times though, so it's only a matter of time, right?

Ubernes... one of those games i should've lost and the Madden gods smiled on me that day lol. I know u can beat me, i just try to keep my turnovers to a minimum playing u cuz the longer i have the ball, the less time ur offense has to pick on my corners

In case no one cares about the Jets depth chart, my boy Laveranues Coles is back! Solid #4 WR if you ask me. I wonder how up to date the rosters are going to be out of the box.

bread's done
Back