Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='ubernes']News alert: the red worm is now the owner of the Bills.

I've been having discussions with him on XBL over the last week and not only does he seem much more committed than I first realized, but he also has the Bills as his 2nd team and I know Green Bay isn't going anywhere for a while. The main reason for this decision though is simply because the guy who claimed the Bills hasn't even posted in the correct thread and has not shown that he'll be active in any way.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, I won't be going anywhere at all. It took 5 seasons of Madden 10 (I ran a franchise myself that went for 2) before I got that frustrated with the game.

I actually really like T.Jack...I heard something yesterday that in 08 he had a 98.3 or so QB rating for the year...I think he would do really well if they take off the "training wheels" he still won't be Farve, but pretty good still

We are checking in now? Game doenst come out until Tuesday.

Also, are we not doing any FA ever? I thought during the last league we had a pretty good system of picking up FA. At the half way point of the season I came up with a standing that included, points allowed, rank, over all record and it was sort of a like a draft. Worst player gets first choice..so on and so forth.

Also, I see that you have allowed user trades can we also make sure those trades are agreed upon by all? This will prevent what Rames is talking about when people trade away all their best players.

Also do we have a start date yet?

[quote name='siradam134']i've been gone and not read the forums for two weeks. my apologies.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, dude. The skins, colts, and fins are all guys I work with and played a shit ton of '10 with in the recent months. They all seem committed, are pretty decent at madden, and are into football so they shouldn't be a waste of time.

Our work schedule is pretty insane sometimes (I've had to do some pretty crazy stuff to make games, lol) so if that becomes a problem I'll communicate with them ASAP so we can get one of the stand by guys in.
Sorry again to any one else who had a team last year.

I'm not sure if this is the time to check in or not but I guess ill just check in twice. I also want to say I agree with soodmeg as far as free agents. I will say as far as trades I believe that someone earlier said it should be the commisioners call and I agree with that and just think the commisioner should see what people think that want to voice their opinion than make a decision from there. I just think it will be rare there is a trade that every single user/owner will agree with / vote on, and it takes a while to gather all votes. I also think it would be cool to have a player of the week, but obviously that's extra work.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I also think it would be cool to have a player of the week, but obviously that's extra work.[/QUOTE]

It would be, yeah. But we should definitely do Power Rankings. Azu did them towards the end of last year, and if there are no objections I'd be willing to take it up this year. It will be way easier to evaluate people since every game will be against human opponents.

Speaking of which, ubernes have you given any thought to how long each week should last? Given that we have 32 people playing, I would think we'd want to allow a little longer per week since it'll be harder to organize than 3 or 4 head-to-head games per week.

Zurezo checking in.

I'm #1 on the wait list but wanted to let you know that I will have the game on Aug 10th

Sood, sounds like a plan for FAs. So week 8 we'd put that together. I still think people suffering injuries should be able to pick of players in order not to have to play short.

BV, I'd love it if you did the power rankings. They will definitely be easier and more interesting with a full league.

As far as start date, I would say we could do a "soft" start on Friday. Meaning if you and your opponent have the game and our ready to play, feel free to. I think the official start will be Sunday as of now. Depending on how many games are already done before Sunday will decide the deadline, but I'd say Wed or Thurs is fair. I think 4 days is pretty good, but we can play it by ear too.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I'm not sure if this is the time to check in or not but I guess ill just check in twice. I also want to say I agree with soodmeg as far as free agents. I will say as far as trades I believe that someone earlier said it should be the commisioners call and I agree with that and just think the commisioner should see what people think that want to voice their opinion than make a decision from there. I just think it will be rare there is a trade that every single user/owner will agree with / vote on, and it takes a while to gather all votes. I also think it would be cool to have a player of the week, but obviously that's extra work.[/QUOTE]

I will do it, like I always do. Do you guys not remember? I did full player of the week, award races, scouting, power rankings...the whole nine yards for everyone. I plan on doing it again because thats half the fun for me.

[quote name='ubernes']Sood, sounds like a plan for FAs. So week 8 we'd put that together. I still think people suffering injuries should be able to pick of players in order not to have to play short.

BV, I'd love it if you did the power rankings. They will definitely be easier and more interesting with a full league.

As far as start date, I would say we could do a "soft" start on Friday. Meaning if you and your opponent have the game and our ready to play, feel free to. I think the official start will be Sunday as of now. Depending on how many games are already done before Sunday will decide the deadline, but I'd say Wed or Thurs is fair. I think 4 days is pretty good, but we can play it by ear too.[/QUOTE]

Cool.

^very cool

I know I have more than my work cut out for me but I don't mind not playing as a power team, as long as I get to play against cool people online I don't care.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I will do it, like I always do. Do you guys not remember? I did full player of the week, award races, scouting, power rankings...the whole nine yards for everyone. I plan on doing it again because thats half the fun for me.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I forgot about that! So we do have that covered.

BTW, I couple of you guys are having trouble reading :D You don't need to check in now. I suppose you can, it at least let's me know you're paying attention to the thread. But you don't need to until Tuesday.

I'll put the FA agent and such rules in the OP later. Are there any other questions we should get answered before the season starts?

[quote name='Doomtime']Raiders checking in. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='siradam134']#2 backup checking in. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zurezo']Zurezo checking in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='HydroX']Bucs checking in.[/QUOTE]

Red Five standing by.

ANH_HD_LukeXwingHero03.jpg

[quote name='eddie291']So how often do we play the games in the season?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ubernes']
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN:
1) YOU MUST BE WILLING TO PLAY A GAME AROUND EVERY 3 DAYS. IF YOU ARE BUSY, JUST DON'T JOIN!

[/QUOTE]

Everyone, please read the OP. With a full league we might take longer than 3. 3-5 is probably a good guess, but we won't be waiting around if there's only a game or two holding us up.

[quote name='ubernes']Everyone, please read the OP. With a full league we might take longer than 3. 3-5 is probably a good guess, but we won't be waiting around if there's only a game or two holding us up.[/QUOTE]
lol that's my bad; had a brain fart. i was looking over the OP and would've sworn not reading anything about it.

I just wanted to post an idea that I believe would be cool, since Madden has 3on3 multiplayer this year maybe we could have the top three division leaders from each conference team up to play in a sort of all star / pro bowl at the end of the season for bragging rights I guess. The fourth dision leader in each conference can act as an alternate.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I just wanted to post an idea that I believe would be cool, since Madden has 3on3 multiplayer this year maybe we could have the top three division leaders from each conference team up to play in a sort of all star / pro bowl at the end of the season for bragging rights I guess. The fourth dision leader in each conference can act as an alternate.[/QUOTE]

That would be kool, but I don't see how that could work within the framework of the dynasty. In online franchise, there is no pro-bowl, is there? And if there is I'm almost certain that it wouldn't be possible to do it multiplayer. It would have to be organzied outside of the franchise, which could work, then you have to discuss team selection, unless last years pro-bowl teams are selectable in a regular online multiplayer....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']That would be kool, but I don't see how that could work within the framework of the dynasty. In online franchise, there is no pro-bowl, is there? And if there is I'm almost certain that it wouldn't be possible to do it multiplayer. It would have to be organzied outside of the franchise, which could work, then you have to discuss team selection, unless last years pro-bowl teams are selectable in a regular online multiplayer....[/QUOTE]

Yea more than likely we would have to set it up outside the actual franchise , but that shouldn't be a hurdle because everybody is active on the forum, it could be tough to arrange a time for six people to be ready to go, and also I'm not sure yet if the game let's you challenge three people you want. But we can see upon release day,lol.

I think it could work pretty good, You could do the Highest Rated AFC Team against the Highest Rated NFC Team. That'd actually be pretty fun, and a good idea. Also I pre-ordered my copy of Madden and I'll be picking it up @ Midnight. So I'll be ready to go!

I agree. I just played the demo and for the first time in a decade I was wowed. I really enjoyed the demo and like the idea of having a coordinator call the plays for me and I'm supposed to carry it out.

I got my Madden as planned last night so if anybody else has the game and wants to play let me know, Im gonna need alot of practice, lol.

I can't decide which version I want to buy this for. I have PS3 and 360, but having 250 gig on the ps3 vs the 20 gig on my 360 makes me want to grab this for the ps3. But I've also had the last few years on 360 so those are the controls I'm used to and I think the analogs are way better and tighter for hit sticks. Can anyone persuade me???

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I got my Madden as planned last night so if anybody else has the game and wants to play let me know, Im gonna need alot of practice, lol.[/QUOTE]

how did you get madden 2 days before release.....

A lot of local stores will ignore street dates and sell them early. One near me does this but doesn't offer the $20 credit amazon does so I ended up waiting this year.

I already have a bunch of you on my friends list, but if anyone wants to practice on Tuesday, just let me know. I don't think I used the Bengals even once in Madden 10, so I'll need a lot of work.

[quote name='IvanHood']I already have a bunch of you on my friends list, but if anyone wants to practice on Tuesday, just let me know. I don't think I used the Bengals even once in Madden 10, so I'll need a lot of work.[/QUOTE]
I should be getting it on Tuesday after noon. I'd be happy to play a few. GT:gbpackers994

[quote name='Soodmeg']So when are we trying to official start? I vote the sooner the better.[/QUOTE]

I think Friday for the soft start, the weekend for the official start is still the goal. How does that sound for everyone?

I might be in the minority on this one, but I think we should wait a bit. Rosters are incredibly fluid during the preseason and it usually takes a couple of weeks for things to settle down and for the most accurate rosters to come out. Assuming we're doing multiple seasons, I would rather wait a bit to have the proper players on my team than have to complain about who is missing who a few months from now.

I vote for some time next week. I got a lot of things going on this week, and the weekend is probably when I'll get most of my playing time for this week. Besides, what's the rush? Why do we need to start ASAP?

Because its a proven fact that a good 40% of the people who signed up wont make it to the end of the season for various reasons. You want the most user teams being played for the longest amount of time. There is no benefit to starting later, it only takes away time that the league is full.

Also because that just reminded me, everyone needs to remember this in order to make a league work. You are not any busier than the rest of us. We all work, we all have families, we all have other stuff to do than to play a video game. My regular work day is 12-17 hours but it only takes about 40ish min to finish a game, make the sacrifice and just get it done.

Its like when overweight people say they dont have time for 30min of exercise, then you find out they spend 3 hours a day watching TV or talking on the phone or reading.

I prefer to start sooner myself , but either way I don't plan on leaving the league, I have been practicing a lot over the past two days with my team and personally I know Im not ready to win a championship with the 49ers, so if we do wait it would allow me sometime to get used to my team.

I'd rather start sooner but I do understand At's position as far as the rosters are concerned, maybe we can come up with a way to continuously update the rosters (manually) to have them reflect moves in real-life. It would have to be fa signings and trades, but I believe the commish can add players to teams right?

I thought the league admin could add/drop anyone to any team?

It mostly depends on what we are trying to do.....how close are we trying to keep the NFL rosters intact? We are allowing user trades so there is no point in being overly concerned with it....but if we want to at least get the pre season roster set, all we have to do is not trade until lets say after week 3 and have the admin manually add/remove players from certain teams.

It seems to me that you can only have 1 or the other. Either user trades or following the NFL roster.

The admin can indeed move people around (at least in '10).

I'm less about keeping teams consistent with their real life counterparts during the regular season and much more about having the rosters correct in the first place. A lot can happen between now and the end of the preseason, it's hardly set in stone who the final 53 will end up being on any given team. Right now the rosters are just a guess.

[quote name='BigAT']The admin can indeed move people around (at least in '10).

I'm less about keeping teams consistent with their real life counterparts during the regular season and much more about having the rosters correct in the first place. A lot can happen between now and the end of the preseason, it's hardly set in stone who the final 53 will end up being on any given team. Right now the rosters are just a guess.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, thats what I mean. I say we dont make any league trades until after the NFL preseason. Admin will adjust each teams roster to reflect the current NFL roster. Once pre season is over its a free for all as far as roster are concerned.

We could place a restriction on any user trades until the end of the real preseason, and until then we could have the commish make any of the requisite (do-able) moves so that the roster is accurately refelcted come opening day.

Just a thought. I am however staunchly against waiting another month to start the league....it would be nice to have a more accurate roster but at the end of the day, NFL rosters are extremely fluent and will be outdated as soon as we start either way...

bread's done
Back