Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Little late but, great write ups BV. I know you said they didn't take too long but, the time and effort is appreciated.
This weeks Rams VS. Raiders result only confirms the impending doom of my week 3 match up against the silver and black. Some of these numbers being put up are nuts.

EDIT: When are we looking to advance to week 3? I've been on vacation and visiting family the past couple of weeks and will be returning home on Sunday. I'm really hoping it wont be prior to then because after playing last weeks game on a 19" POS. How am I suppose to use my uber hax tripple S attack to their fullest extent? ;)[/QUOTE]
Haha well you played a good week 1 game against the Rams as well. I may not be able to play until Monday because I am on my way back to Sacramento for my third year of school. Can't believe my vacation is over :cry: Hopefully, this isn't an inconvenience for you Darth. Definitely looking forward to our game! :cool:

[quote name='ubernes']Games left to be played:

Bears vs Cowboys (the same, though I've seen both in here recently)
[/QUOTE]
We scheduled for Saturday 5pm est.

[quote name='Doomtime']I am on my way back to Sacramento for my third year of school. Can't believe my vacation is over :cry: [/QUOTE]

I think I speak for all the people who no longer get a summer vacation when I say: :-({|=

Good luck at school. ;)

To updated myself on the status of all the games...

Games left to be played:

Bills vs Packers (has a time been confirmed yet?)
Dolphins vs Vikings (tonight at 9pm EST)
Bears vs Cowboys (5pm EST Saturday, THE LAST GAME OF THE WEEK)
Chiefs vs Browns (nothing from the Browns)
Seahawks vs Broncos (tomorrow night it looks like)
Patriots vs Jets (tonight sometime)
Jags vs Chargers (been in touch, shooting for 6pm EST Friday as of now)
Saints vs Niners (maybe tonight, definitely being worked on)

We will advance after the Bears/Cowboys game unless one of the unscheduled games needs to be played sometime after 5pm EST on Saturday.

I'm going to PM both the Shawks and Broncos to get them to pop in here. I'll PM the Browns too I guess. Chiefs let me know the latest you can play Saturday before 5pm EST. If we don't hear from him that afternoon I'll have to temp boot.

ATTN: SOLIDDRAGON, clear out your inbox. It's full. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Texans 42
Redskins 21

Matt Schaub was efficient (perfect QB rating), the defense was good enough and Trindon Holliday got it done...again, 2nd Kick Return TD of the season.

The Texans have managed to score touchdowns in all 3 phases in back to back weeks...I'm almost certain that that is an NFL Record (in real life)

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
The Texans have managed to score touchdowns in all 3 phases in back to back weeks...I'm almost certain that that is an NFL Record (in real life)[/QUOTE]

Interesting, and I'd bet it is too. Will definitely add that to the recap. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if when the Bears had Hester at the top of his game and their defense was equally at the top that they pulled off such a thing.

Everyone should hopefully already know this, but take it from someone who just learned Madden style; Andre Johnson is a beast... A beast.

That being said, the way everything is going, I am going to be savoring my draft pick next year lol

With the #1 overall pick in the 2011 Draft, the Washington Redskins select..........Jake Locker, from the University of Washington!

Almost would be worth getting creamed the rest of the season... almost..

[quote name='ubernes']I wouldn't be surprised if when the Bears had Hester at the top of his game and their defense was equally at the top that they pulled off such a thing.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are speaking of the 2006 superbowl run. Devin hester had 7 or 8 return TD's that year and the defense always seemed to score, but they never quite pulled the hat trick in back to back weeks.

They came pretty close though. In week 14 against the Vikings they had a TD in all 3, the next week against GB they had 2 Special Teams TD's, I don't remember how many Offensive TD's (at least one) but none on Defense. ;)

This according to the box scores listed on profootballrefernce.com

[quote name='bvharris']I think I speak for all the people who no longer get a summer vacation when I say: :-({|=

Good luck at school. ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks man. I'm hoping this semester isn't too stressful.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I believe you are speaking of the 2006 superbowl run. Devin hester had 7 or 8 return TD's that year and the defense always seemed to score, but they never quite pulled the hat trick in back to back weeks.

They came pretty close though. In week 14 against the Vikings they had a TD in all 3, the next week against GB they had 2 Special Teams TD's, I don't remember how many Offensive TD's (at least one) but none on Defense. ;)

This according to the box scores listed on profootballrefernce.com[/QUOTE]

In 2006 Hester had...
- 3 punt Return TDs
- 2 Kickoff Return TDs
- 1 FG Return TDs

Those stats are for the regular season, so you could add another kickoff return TD in the Super Bowl

[quote name='Doomtime']Haha well you played a good week 1 game against the Rams as well. I may not be able to play until Monday because I am on my way back to Sacramento for my third year of school. Can't believe my vacation is over :cry: Hopefully, this isn't an inconvenience for you Darth. Definitely looking forward to our game! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I lucked out in the game against greg and was over Ubernes's house visting so I just played there. As for your move back, no worries, when you can play you can play. When I get back Sunday evening pretty much anytime after 3:30-4PM CST is good so just PM me when you're set and we'll play. :)

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']What kind of internet are you on now ?[/QUOTE]

Same. Cable, but for some reason my modem was giving me terrible speeds for the last week. They switched in a new one and it's back to normal. It was only 20x my previous speed because my speed as of yesterday was .8 mbps for download.

GG red worm. My special teams were very much not interested in winning the game. After going up 21-0 at the half with the ball coming back to me. Woodhead fumbled the ensuing kickoff, setting up the Pats for a quick score. Fast forward a TD a piece, 28-14 and Woodhead is AGAIN back there returning kicks and fumbling. This time for a TD, 28-21. I checked my depth chart after this to see 1. why the hell he was back there and 2. what his carry was. His carry did suck, I think it was in the mid 60s but he wasn't even on my kick return depth chart. No idea what he was doing back there for the whole game.

Greene gave the Jets some breathing room with a 30 yard run just under 2 minutes remaining and Cromartie sealed the deal with a pick. Greene ended up with 210 yards and that one TD. I wish there was a rushed QB or hit QB stat, I feel like I was in Brady's face all game. I was trying to not give him too much time to let Moss get deep on me.

[quote name='ubernes']The deadline was approaching, the last you posted in this very thread was that you'd be around in the afternoon/evening, and you were no where to be found.[/quote]

I said I'd probably be back in the afternoon or evening. I posted in here at 9:30 P.M. That's the evening. I got back only a short while before that. I was on time and available. But I guess that fact which proves me right doesn't matter since this post will be ignored, as per what was said.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Here are my "facts" which are contradictory to Matt Young's, obviously.

We discussed when we could play last week. I told Matt that I couldn't play Friday night through Sunday morning. I was out of state for a four-year-old's birthday party. Matt then informed me that he couldn't play Sunday or Monday night because he was attending SummerSlam and then Monday Night Raw, which is fine with me.

He mentioned playing Tuesday night after what I assumed was work.[/quote]

Mistake number one- you assumed. That means you made that mistake. I never said anything like that.

What was strange to me (and wasn't something I was going to bring up at all until he went on his "liar" rant) was that he was on when I hopped on Monday evening (Eastern Time). I tried to request his friendship on Xbox Live, but Mr. Popular's list was full.

So having a full friend list is a crime now? How does that pertain at all to this discussion?

I then hopped on the computer and sent him multiple PMs, with none of them being returned .... even now three days later.

You didn't respond to my PMs until Sunday, after I was already gone. When I got back and saw that the week had been advanced, there was no need to PM you.

I then came on Tuesday night around 9 PM EST, which I believed was when we would play. I was prepared to wait a bit assuming he might be getting home late from school/work on the West Coast, but when 9:30 rolled around it was decided that he would get the boot so the league could advance.

Again, I never said anything about work, school hasn't even started, and I never stated any specific time whatsoever. Your fault.

Another thing I wasn't going to mention, but since I'm be attacked I will, when I came on Tuesday night I checked Young's profile again and he had been on two hours prior. I'm not sure why it was so hard to get in touch with someone who was online much more than he let on.

What time was that? I wasn't online at all from Sunday afternoon through Tuesday night because I have no phone internet and no laptop. Nobody else uses my Xbox, but I do always have a tab open to Xbox.com, if that matters.

I never, ever, EVER mentioned a time for Tuesday, nor did I say I'd be around during the day. I have no idea why you claim that you thought it was due to school or work when I specifically mentioned I WOULD BE IN A DIFFERENT CITY TILL SOME INDETERMINATE TIME ON TUESDAY. I stayed at the hotel on Monday night after Raw and came home on Tuesday night after spending most of the day in L.A. I wasn't driving, so I had no control over when I'd be home.

So you made the mistake. You based everything on assumptions, even though those assumptions contradicted my previous statements. You are at fault here.

[quote name='Lexxon']Hey Matt and everyone else -

I came down with a sickness so didn't check the site or much of anything yesterday. (Well I guess I was signed on looking for deals at one point @ work :p) I'm home sick from work today but perfectly fit to do my league game sometime today or tomorrow, let me know what works for you.

Lexxon (XBL: Gumbill), Bills Owner[/QUOTE]

I can play whenever you want after 6 P.M. Pacific time.

Online head-to-head is so lame...three times so far today I had a pretty substantial lead with like a minute to go before the end of the first half and my opponents always disconnect...there shouldn't be such an easy way to get around a loss even though it's before the end of the half. I've played probably 12-15 games online and my record is 2-3 so far...all from opponents disconnecting, it's ridiculous.

And sorry I've been busy the last couple days so I haven't addressed the people who were interested in trading for Jonathan Stewart, which I think is only Hydro and Deuce at the moment. I haven't really looked at your teams in depth yet but I'll see if there's someone I'd be interested in trading straight up for Stewart. And Deuce, I know you were interested in trading for like half of my team but as of now, Jonathan Stewart is the only one I'm considering trading...I'll let you know if that changes.

Gru and I started our game. He staked a sizable lead (Gore needs to be tested or something) when my house was called and then, like clockwork, my wireless went out. We tried to again when my internet went out a second time. So I'm dropping myself from the league for this week, letting Cru beat (and hopefully not cripple) my team.

Week 2: Dolphins @ Vikings
Dolphins:42
Vikings: 35

Miami's Defense: 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Fumble Recovery
Miami's Offense: 437 Yards Passing, 6 TD / 86 Yards Rushing

Vikings Defense: 3 Sacks
Vikings Offense: 303 Yards Passing, 3 TD / 154 Rushing Yards, 2 TD

To pitfallharry219: EXCELLENT Game! that sure was exciting!

Yeah, that was a great game. My defense just fell apart in the second half.

That last kickoff at the end of the game was headed out of bounds it seemed before Harvin floated over, caught it, and stepped out. It would've made a big difference to have my last drive start at the 40 rather than the 2. I was severely pissed after that happened.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, that was a great game. My defense just fell apart in the second half.

That last kickoff at the end of the game was headed out of bounds it seemed before Harvin floated over, caught it, and stepped out. It would've made a big difference to have my last drive start at the 40 rather than the 2. I was severely pissed after that happened.[/QUOTE]

I was screaming "NOOOOOOOO" as the ball was just about to drift out...and Mr. Harvin decided to help me out by grabbing the ball and running out at the 2 yard line. *remind me to send my dad's alma mater a check for sabotaging this game!!* You more than likely had the win with the better field position the 40 yard penalty would have given you. Tough Luck, i'll admit, good game though. A.P. is a beast.

Chad Henne had 6 touchdowns. Mark Sanchez, eat your heart out!
(teeheh, Mark Sancez vs. Chad Henne this coming week)
Uber: i can play anytime this weekend, let me know what's good for you!

[quote name='siradam134']
Chad Henne had 6 touchdowns. Mark Sanchez, eat your heart out![/QUOTE]

how many picks though!?

edit: i see none, impressive. I only threw one and it was in my first game. super dumb, if I recall. oh well, Revis Island comes to town next week.

[quote name='ubernes']how many picks though!?

edit: i see none, impressive. I only threw one and it was in my first game. super dumb, if I recall. oh well, Revis Island comes to town next week.[/QUOTE]

I welcome your challenge. ;) (that guy is seriously scary in madden)

Pacer's been on and hasn't addressed what I said correcting him, so I guess he's finally admitting I'm right. Now that I've proven that he was in the wrong and he seems to have admitted defeat, I will address my week 2 game:

RE: Packers vs. Bills: Lexxon messaged me and wants to play tomorrow or Saturday. I'm not sure about tomorrow since I have to go to the hospital to discuss test results in the morning and I'm not sure how long that will take. If all goes well, I will be going to a wrestling show at night. He's only going to be free for a short time during the day, though. If nothing else, we can play on Saturday.

Update:

Seahawks vs Broncos (Friday night it looks like)
Jags vs Chargers (been in touch, shooting for 6pm EST Friday as of now)
Chiefs vs Browns (nothing from the Browns)
Bills vs Packers (Saturday it looks)
Bears vs Cowboys (5pm EST Saturday, THE LAST GAME OF THE WEEK)

RE: Fins vs Jets, I just saw your edit. If we advance around 6pm EST Saturday I can do then or right around then. Sunday is also relatively open I imagine.

Hey Cru,
I can't get on to Live's website and don't want to take the 30 minutes to send you this message with a controller.

Good idea with the depth chart, I've taken out as many starters as possible and have dropped the league so go ahead and beat em and I'll get back in.

PACKER VS. BILLS!!! IMPORTANT!!!

Apparently the bolding thing works, so I'm going to keep going with that.

I never said anything about a time on Saturday (assuming we don't play tomorrow), so I have no idea how the 2 P.M. game is the "last game of the week". But based on what happened in week 1, I'm not at all surprised.

This was what Lexxon's PM said:

"Hey Matt,

Does the game have to be tonight? If you're around tomorrow I'm free after 3:00 with a little time I'm busy in the evening to pick up the girlfriend. If you're not around tomorrow (or Saturday, available then too) then I can get on in the next few minutes to get the game out of the way. "

I responded, but haven't heard anything back yet. I'm willing to play tomorrow if possible, but he didn't indicate a time for Saturday. All I know is, I'd better not get booted for this one, because just like last week, I've done as much as or more than anyone as far as keeping people up to date with my communication with my opponent.

Matt, it's pretty simple. The plan has always been to advance in the afternoon Saturday (2pm your time is the afternoon I'd say), so when that game was announced I used it as the bookend for the week since it was the latest one scheduled. I also said in an earlier post that we can be flexible if one of the unscheduled games needs to be played after it, but that is the goal. So calm the fuck down.

Matt, i aint tryna stir up trouble but seriously dude, ur actin like a 10 year old... we all get that ur upset but its over with. Carrying a grudge and continuously referencing ur misfortune has already gotten old. At some point, everyone gets fucked over IN LIFE... ur really gonna give urself an aneurism over a video game? U seem to have enough hassle in ur life, dont stress urself out anymore.

apparently BradVanDam7th doesn't exist on XBL. and he hasn't logged onto CAG in 3 days. does not look good.

I'm going to the waiting list now. let's see if TooShort4 can take them over in time for the week 2 game.

edit: I'm going to hold off on the waiting list. see below, I hit up Brad via XBL. see if he shows.

Ube, i was lookin at the online franchise webpage and apparently Brad's XBL name and his CAG name are different... which could explain why BradVanDam aint on XBL lol

[quote name='Deuce20602']Matt, i aint tryna stir up trouble but seriously dude, ur actin like a 10 year old... we all get that ur upset but its over with. Carrying a grudge and continuously referencing ur misfortune has already gotten old. At some point, everyone gets fucked over IN LIFE... ur really gonna give urself an aneurism over a video game? U seem to have enough hassle in ur life, dont stress urself out anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's part of why it bothers me, honestly. I do have a lot of stuff going on- health problems and otherwise- so I want to be able to play games like Madden and have fun. So when stuff happens like what I've talked about on here, I have gotten pissed off because I don't need to get screwed over in something that's supposed to be fun... but my only other option would be to sell the game for a massive loss, or join a random league that may or may even finish.

So anyway, what am I supposed to do if my opponent and I cannot play before that time on Saturday? Like I said, if all goes well with the doctor, I should have plenty of time to play on Friday, but Lexxon said he'll only be around for a short time, and I still don't know if he meant 3 Eastern or Pacific. As I said, I can do Saturday, but I had no reason to think there would be any "flexibility" since it was specifically stated that you would not delay advancing in order for one game to be played. I just want to actually play rather than getting another loss due to ridiculous circumstances (not meaning anything about my opponent; just don't want the game simmed).

As for BradVanDam, his gamertag is BradWardAA. I will contact him on Facebook letting him know you guys need him.

Anyway, hopefully we can all be done with this nonsense. I rarely start arguments, but I almost always finish them (not like "I win!" but as in I try to resolve or end the conflict when allowed), and I think we're finished with this one.

That being said, several people in here seem to dislike me, so I don't know if you'd want to play me (maybe you'd be more motivated?) but I'd like to get a game or two in tomorrow if I'm able, or if not tomorrow, Saturday. I haven't played online yet, and I have played maybe 3-4 games total offline (none since last weekend).

[quote name='Matt Young']
So, what am I supposed to do if my opponent and I cannot play before that time on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

Again, I hate repeating myself but you seem so set on ignoring what I'm telling you. We can bend the deadline. If you have a game that's scheduled for 6pm EST I'm not going to sim it on you, you just need to keep me in the loop. I would prefer to advance us sooner rather than later, but as I said exceptions can be made. Barring a catastrophe we will be advancing Saturday though, it's just a matter of when.

As a side note, it might have been slightly easier for you to schedule your game this week if you didn't spend the first 2 and a half days of it whining. :D

Well, I kept everyone in the loop before I left for LA, and we know what happened, so that's why I said that. You implicitly stated that you would not hold up advancing for just one game. Not trying to argue; just stating what was said.

As for the whining comment, I've barely been back home for 48 hours, so I don't know where the 2 and 1/2 days thing comes from. That, and I tried to schedule it starting yesterday (Wednesday, since I guess it's now Friday where you're at).

assuming we advance on Sat sometime

Mr Bills owner I should be available on and off over the weekend, the girlfriend is pretty understanding and actually likes watching me play in the league games (even if I suck)

[quote name='theredworm']assuming we advance on Sat sometime

Mr Bills owner I should be available on and off over the weekend, the girlfriend is pretty understanding and actually likes watching me play in the league games (even if I suck)[/QUOTE]
There's a keeper. :)

I don't know if you're still around or not Ivan...but I'm down for a scrim if you see this. I'm just gonna leave the game on for 10 min or so and see if you get on.

Sorry for the lack of communication again...fell asleep super early due to the sickness. Was dead tired, hence why I wanted to put off the game. By the time I heard back from you I was just about asleep.

I'll relay this message to Matt again in a PM, but for all to know:

I'm Eastern time, first of all. Saturday I'll be available just about any time, so since the deadline is set for the afternoon, the earlier the better obviously. Let me know when you're best available. I am sporadically around today(Friday) after 3 EST if you end up having time today before your wrestling show.

Sorry for the confusion, all. I hope to be better in the future, just a bad timing with this sickness.

To theredworm: I assume I'm indeed your next opponent. I have my girlfriend with me on the weekend too. She hasn't seen me play Madden yet but if she's bored she can always play on her silly Mac, so I should be game to play Sat. night or Sunday. If she's an issue then Sunday night is certainly open.

Anyone want to scrimmage sometime today? I know a couple of people friended me looking to get a game in.

[quote name='BigAT']Anyone want to scrimmage sometime today? I know a couple of people friended me looking to get a game in.[/QUOTE]

What time? I could do noon EST.

bread's done
Back