Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Mr Grand Cru says that he is in for the tourney too....(no internet @ work, lol)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']The 49ers are def in for the tourney.[/QUOTE]

One of you looks silly. :D

[quote name='bvharris']One of you looks silly. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol it wouldn't go through on my phone internet so I had text messaged ramsue lol
It just shows how excited I am and by the way I'm sure duece will want in I was on the phone last night with him talking madden me him ramsue and one of our other friends just had a mini tourney.

I'm continually updating the bracket on page 25 btw. Once it's finalized I'll post it again, hopefully in bracket form. We have 4 spots left as of now.

Pitfallharry, I can play from now until 8pm EST tonight. And then all day Friday up until probably 5 or 6pm EST. Just pick a time and I'll confirm I'm good to go.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I was on the phone last night with him talking madden me him ramsue and one of our other friends just had a mini tourney.[/QUOTE]

That I won by the way...:D

[quote name='bvharris']One of you looks silly. :D[/QUOTE]

Lmao...he had to lie to his boss to post in the forum...obviously madden is worth the security of earning a living

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Lmao...he had to lie to his boss to post in the forum...obviously madden is worth the security of earning a living[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I have my own office and no one looking over my shoulder, leaves me free to browse CAG, etc at my leisure when I don't have a busy day.

had to escape to the back room so I could pull out this big ass droid... as grand cru said, I'm in. I'll be available to play tonight around eleven

Alright Ramesu, let's say tomorrow at...3:00 p.m. EST? Feel free to alter it if you want...I'm pretty much free all day too until like 7 or 8 p.m. EST.

I'd like to join the tourny as the Bears(might as well get some more practice with them).

Anyways, just had a guy quit on me after his first series. After failing miserably on a 4th and 13, I got the ball on the 34 yd line. 2 plays later and I'm on the 3rd yd line and the d-bag quits on me.

So does anyone know if there's a cut-off time that allows a player to quit with no penalties? Like in the FIFA games, you have 5 in-game minutes(games are played on a accelerated clock) to quit with no penalties whatsoever. And 5 in-game min. is like a minute in real time.

[quote name='eddie291']I'd like to join the tourny as the Bears(might as well get some more practice with them).

Anyways, just had a guy quit on me after his first series. After failing miserably on a 4th and 13, I got the ball on the 34 yd line. 2 plays later and I'm on the 3rd yd line and the d-bag quits on me.

So does anyone know if there's a cut-off time that allows a player to quit with no penalties? Like in the FIFA games, you have 5 in-game minutes(games are played on a accelerated clock) to quit with no penalties whatsoever. And 5 in-game min. is like a minute in real time.[/QUOTE]

Madden 10 had something similar. I forget the cut off time, but it was pretty early that if you quit you got the L. The cutoff for Madden 11 is the half. Depending on the player skill, I've found myself taking it easy in the first half just hoping they don't quit on me and then turning it up for the W. I assume this will be patched out though and the time will be reasonable.

madden11tournament.jpg

lol sorry BigAT, the bracket I used didn't seem to leave any room for the 3rd team.

one spot left.

[quote name='ubernes']Madden 10 had something similar. I forget the cut off time, but it was pretty early that if you quit you got the L. The cutoff for Madden 11 is the half. Depending on the player skill, I've found myself taking it easy in the first half just hoping they don't quit on me and then turning it up for the W. I assume this will be patched out though and the time will be reasonable.[/QUOTE]

For Madden Ultimate Team, the cutoff is 0:01 in the fourth quarter!

I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but the online franchise roster update is out. I believe you're going to have to restart the OF in order to get it though.

I'm going to boot up Madden now and PM the new league info (or just send out an invite) either here or on XBL. Look for that soonish.

Should we still go forward with the tournament? And plan to start the league Sunday evening/Monday? I suppose those in it could do both, it's only 16 people and by tomorrow it will only be 8.

Teams that checked in that do not have invites: Jags, Broncos, Chiefs, Vikings, Lions, Redskins and Rams. You either aren't on my friends list or your online pass has yet to be activated.

If you're on that list of teams, please PM me for the league info. If you have an invite, the password is abc123.

If you have not checked in for the league yet do so asap. Your team will be given up if we don't hear from you before Sunday.

[quote name='theredworm']if roster update is out imo league>tourny[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Sorry to all who wanted to do the tournament. It makes much more sense for us to just shelf it and move forward with the season.

The league is more or less open for business as of now. Mostly everyone should have invites. I'm going to spend some time today trying to corral the people who have yet to check in, but I also don't want to play babysitter here.

if someone misses out is there a chance I could still get a different team, I don't mind being the Bills too bad but if I get any injuries it's gonna be tough

[quote name='theredworm']if someone misses out is there a chance I could still get a different team, I don't mind being the Bills too bad but if I get any injuries it's gonna be tough[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. Maybe some other people can weigh in too. bvharris wants the Pats if they don't get claimed. redworm wouldn't mind an upgrade either. These aren't unreasonable requests, but I also do not want to turn this into musical chairs.

I guess the best thing would be to join the league with the team you have now, but hold off on playing your game until Sunday. It would be unfair for someone to have to take over the Chargers or Bills with a game already played.

Assuming your week 1 opponent is checked in and ready to go too, you can start scheduling your week 1 game.

edit: and for the record, I decided to not send out PMs or reminders to anyone who claimed a team and has yet to show up in the thread since the game has been out. I believe the Raiders checked in BEFORE Tuesday when I asked people to check in Tuesday so he may get a PM. But everyone else is strolling in here on their own. So if you're friends with them, give them a nudge.

Damn, how'd I miss this tournament thing! Probably because I've been playing Madden since 7am.

Won my first ranked online game in years. Defense is so non-existant in this game it's not even funny. No wonder I stuck to NCAA over the years.

I agree, league > tourney. BigAT was likely to whallop me anyways (as he does).

The only reason I'm saying I'd want the Pats is because that's how we'd discussed it during sign-ups since I gave up the Titans for Sood. I don't mind being stuck with the Chargers, but playing with the Pats would still be my preference. In general I agree about the musical chairs thing though.

[quote name='Logg']I will be getting the game on Friday, before work and looking like I will be playing on Sunday[/QUOTE]

Oops, missed the Falcons check in. So there's one.

Venom is in the same boat as the Raiders. He checked in when I first asked of it on Friday, so he will get a PM.

Still looking for some people to do that Ultimate Team thing on Facebook for 20,000 coins. PM me or reply with your facebook URL and I'll add you.

Ubernes... it's that time. I work 4-10 pm tomorrow and 10pm-6am sat... so tonight, tomorrow night (after 10), and sat afternoon I'm free. my birthday is on monday so next week can get kinda hectic

[quote name='Deuce20602']Ubernes... it's that time. I work 4-10 pm tomorrow and 10pm-6am sat... so tonight, tomorrow night (after 10), and sat afternoon I'm free. my birthday is on monday so next week can get kinda hectic[/QUOTE]

UT OH

I'm heading out in about an hour so let's do it tomorrow before you have work. Kick the season off right with a classic Ravens/Jets match-up. 2pm EST works? Darth is swinging by at some point that afternoon so I may have to bump it up if I find out he's coming around then. Don't want his shit talking distracting me haha.

anyone interested in joining an online squad? I created one. so you can add me on facebook. Pm me for details.

I accidentally picked redskins instead of rams in cagfl2, and when i went to fix it i found out not only was I booted but i am banned from the league.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I accidentally picked redskins instead of rams in cagfl2, and when i went to fix it i found out not only was I booted but i am banned from the league.[/QUOTE]

I'll send you an invite. That usually fixes that problem. (Won't be until late tonight or early tomorrow though)

[quote name='ubernes']UT OH

I'm heading out in about an hour so let's do it tomorrow before you have work. Kick the season off right with a classic Ravens/Jets match-up. 2pm EST works? Darth is swinging by at some point that afternoon so I may have to bump it up if I find out he's coming around then. Don't want his shit talking distracting me haha.[/QUOTE]

can we bump it up to one? I need an hour cushion to get to work and a game at two would be cutting it close...and that's without overtime lol

[quote name='Soodmeg']What the hell has been going on? Anyone one a practice game against tonight?[/QUOTE]

I'll play. Add me on XBL: Zurezo

[quote name='Deuce20602']can we bump it up to one? I need an hour cushion to get to work and a game at two would be cutting it close...and that's without overtime lol[/QUOTE]

Haha alright, 1 it is.

hey red worm i sent you a friend request on facebook, i forgot to say madden in it, the last name on my invite is McDaniel

bread's done
Back