Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Week 3: Colts/Broncos -- I'm available anytime Sunday afternoon/evening. Monday before 3pm Central Time. Tuesday available all day (that I know of).

Week 3: Redskins @ Rams

Hey gregthomas (Rams owner) I am looking to play saturday night or sunday sometime for our week 3 game, but PM me OCD_Nightmare (C.A.G) or OCD Nightmare (XBL) and we can schedule something that works for you.

I'm not entirely sure. We'd discussed Friday as being the first time both of us could do it, so I've been operating under that assumption. I PMed him again today to confirm a 6PM game time, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm not worried yet though, we'll get it in.

Edit: He just PMed me. We're confirmed for 6 today.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bvharris']I'm not entirely sure. We'd discussed Friday as being the first time both of us could do it, so I've been operating under that assumption. I PMed him again today to confirm a 6PM game time, but I haven't heard back yet. I'm not worried yet though, we'll get it in.

Edit: He just PMed me. We're confirmed for 6 today.[/QUOTE]
Go Jags! :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']Go Jags! :lol:[/QUOTE]

picture.php

You should be rooting for me. Healthy in-division competition will only spur you to greater success. You should welcome the challenge. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']You should be rooting for me. Healthy in-division competition will only spur you to greater success. You should welcome the challenge. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah I wouldn't mind a close division to keep me on my toes. I wish EA would add the ability to watch online franchise games. That would be pretty neat.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah I wouldn't mind a close division to keep me on my toes. I wish EA would add the ability to watch online franchise games. That would be pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

I'd like that too, but they have enough trouble keeping down lag with only two people connected. :roll:

Just PMed the Jags, I had a crisis come up at work and might have to miss our 6PM game. I've asked if he's available later in the evening. If not, we can try early tomorrow.

How did I miss Sood bailing on the league? Is someone else replacing him as the Titans, they're my next opponent.

[quote name='bvharris']Just PMed the Jags, I had a crisis come up at work and might have to miss our 6PM game. I've asked if he's available later in the evening. If not, we can try early tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

What's the Jags CAG handle?

Just an idea, but should everybody in the league should fill this out?

CAG Name / Gamertag / Timezone / Available Times / Second Form of Contact / Team

We could add it to the OP and it would be easier for people to contact each other in order to get their games in. I will start the trend and let me know what you guys think.

Zurezo / Zurezo / PST / Mon - Thurs After 5pm, Fri - Sun All Day / [email protected] / Steelers

gbpackers94 / gbpackers994 / EST / usually available after 6 on weekdays, usually available all weekend / CAG goes to my email so that's fine / falcons

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PacerPerspect']What's the Jags CAG handle?[/QUOTE]

neworlbush25

bvharris / bvharris888 / Eastern / Weekdays 6-12PM, Weekends anytime by appt / CAG PM is fine, I check all the time / Chargers

looks good, i'll try to get a mass PM out to everyone to alert them to this. not sure if email is necessary, but I guess it doesn't hurt.

btw, I just played the worst madden game ever. threw for 700 yards and 9 TDs in a losing effort. it was pretty much Sood's worst nightmare come true. no D, guy ran maybe 3-4 plays, 2 of them were screens, another was a quick throw to the RB. so annoyed, but I was down by a ton the whole game, but went up by 1 with a minute to go, of course he ran the same damn play and kicked the FG. oh well. at least I was able to catch up on my shotgun packages. usually I don't mind if people run the same play, easier for me to defend but even if you play the screen AP will still gain 10 yards easy.

[quote name='ubernes']
btw, I just played the worst madden game ever. threw for 700 yards and 9 TDs in a losing effort. it was pretty much Sood's worst nightmare come true. no D, guy ran maybe 3-4 plays, 2 of them were screens, another was a quick throw to the RB. so annoyed, but I was down by a ton the whole game, but went up by 1 with a minute to go, of course he ran the same damn play and kicked the FG. oh well. at least I was able to catch up on my shotgun packages. usually I don't mind if people run the same play, easier for me to defend but even if you play the screen AP will still gain 10 yards easy.[/QUOTE]

This is precisely why I don't play random people online.

[quote name='bvharris']This is precisely why I don't play random people online.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should learn my lesson. The game before that I was up 21-0 going into the half and the guy quit. This guy was up by 21 or 28 a couple minutes into the 2nd half and Madden didn't even give me the concede option haha. I think by the time it came up I was within a TD. Oh well.

I find h2h games are much better fine-tuning than vs CPU games. That's mostly why I do it.

[quote name='410deezy']If sumbody gets kicked could I switch my team[/QUOTE]

no one is getting kicked.

also, the Browns said they can play after 9 pm EST tonight. have you spoken to him?

[quote name='Lexxon']Sorry for the lack of communication again...fell asleep super early due to the sickness. Was dead tired, hence why I wanted to put off the game. By the time I heard back from you I was just about asleep.

I'll relay this message to Matt again in a PM, but for all to know:

I'm Eastern time, first of all. Saturday I'll be available just about any time, so since the deadline is set for the afternoon, the earlier the better obviously. Let me know when you're best available. I am sporadically around today(Friday) after 3 EST if you end up having time today before your wrestling show.

Sorry for the confusion, all. I hope to be better in the future, just a bad timing with this sickness.

To theredworm: I assume I'm indeed your next opponent. I have my girlfriend with me on the weekend too. She hasn't seen me play Madden yet but if she's bored she can always play on her silly Mac, so I should be game to play Sat. night or Sunday. If she's an issue then Sunday night is certainly open.[/QUOTE]

No problem, man. I know you weren't feeling well.

I have a few hours till I have to leave again, probably around 10 P.M. Eastern time. Otherwise, let me know about a time for tomorrow. I would say that 5 P.M. Eastern would be good, but if that doesn't work for you, I'm sure we can figure something out. I'll send this as a PM, too.

[quote name='ubernes']not sure if email is necessary, but I guess it doesn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I just thought if people wanted to put another form of contact down because I always check my email and might not see a PM if I'm out of the house.

Have you played any in Franchise though? There might be something else you need to activate. I've already played a game in this Franchise, which is why I think it might be on your end..

Anyone have any suggestions?

If he's played online then he should be fine. There's nothing extra to activate for the online franchise this year. Not sure what could be the issue. :???:

I know in Madden 10 some people just weren't able to connect to each other. Maybe you should both try a regular online game and see if that helps. Restart your Xbox? Your Internet? I dunno.

[quote name='bvharris']Have you played any in Franchise though? There might be something else you need to activate. I've already played a game in this Franchise, which is why I think it might be on your end..

Anyone have any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Have you guys had this problem with anyone else before? I had this problem last week with a friend of mine and he needed to open the ports on his router. After that, we could connect no problem.

[quote name='Doomtime']Have you guys had this problem with anyone else before? I had this problem last week with a friend of mine and he needed to open the ports on his router. After that, we could connect no problem.[/QUOTE]

I haven't, no. Not this year or last year. I don't have easy access to the router I'm on unfortunately.

[quote name='Doomtime']Have you guys had this problem with anyone else before? I had this problem last week with a friend of mine and he needed to open the ports on his router. After that, we could connect no problem.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that? I've had problems connecting with about half of my friends list.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I'm pretty sure were connecting now, or at least I'm getting into the game. Let me invite you[/QUOTE]

It seems like when you create it, I can't get in, and when I create it you can't. We did manage to connect once for an unranked game, but that was it.

[quote name='neworlbush25']I would like to know how to open all my ports too[/QUOTE]

Try this and let me know once someone instructs you. I've never had problems connecting on this router (I did in my old place and opened ports, which helped) so I'm pretty sure it's not on my end (though it's possible I suppose).

[quote name='bvharris']It seems like when you create it, I can't get in, and when I create it you can't. We did manage to connect once for an unranked game, but that was it.[/QUOTE]

This sucks. Maybe if your on your computer shut that off so its not taking up bandwidth

[quote name='neworlbush25']This sucks. Maybe if your on your computer shut that off so its not taking up bandwidth[/QUOTE]

I don't think that would make a difference. If you've already opened your ports and it didn't work, then it might be on my end. Unfortunately I need to e-mail someone else to get this done (I live in a multi-unit place which shares wi-fi).

Either way, it seems like we're going to need to try later.

Can someone PM me instructions on opening ports?

This looks like it might do the trick...
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=561470

If your NAT (Network Adress Translation) is "moderate" or "strict" you will only be able to play with people who have a open NAT. You can find out what you are by going to "System" on the Xbox 360 dashboard, click on "Network Settings" and test your connection. Upon passing all tests it will tell you your NAT status at the bottom.

If your using a router or other gateway device you need to port forward certain ports.

Open up your start menu, click on "Run..." type 'Command' once the command window comes up type, 'ipconfig /all' take note of your "Default gateway", you might need to scroll down.

Open up a browser window. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera...

Type your default gateway and it should access your router.

You may have to enter your username and password, if you havent changed it, it should still be default, 'admin' for both username and password, sometimes 'Username' and 'Password' if you cant figure it out contact the maker.

First off make sure UPnP (Universal plug and play)

Now, this varies for all routers, but usually its under Advanced Settings or something along those lines, some even have a port forward tab, others are called application sharing or using.

Then open ports, or open application ports or assign application/game.

The following ports must be opened...

UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

If your default gateway doesnt work, or you cant get into your router go to www.portforward.com and look up your router.

This sucks.. Oh well.

Send me your available times for the next day. I can play as late as you need tonight, or early in the day tomorrow.

Edit: I'm gonna try ub's method quickly.

Wow... I was ready to drop things, but ubernes keeps going out of his way to insult me and continues to lie in the process.

[quote name='ubernes']
Please don't play dumb just so you can keep trying to prove some point. I don't know if you're trying to bring down the league on purpose, if you're really that selfish, but I'm asking you once again to let it go and move on. Everyone besides you is trying to have a good time and play some Madden, yet every time the discussion goes to what the thread was made for, you're there again dragging it down.

I'm going to try to officially be done on this subject and move on myself. It's hard to see your posts and not try to smooth them over, but it's clear there is no end in sight you with. Your in for the long haul. You officially sucked the fun out of being commissioner. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Matt Young']
I am not trying to being the league down. I want it to succeed and to be run well. I was voicing legitimate complaints and it was and is your job and duty as commissioner to address them. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be running a league. I speak from personal experience running my own.

As for me "sucking all the fun out of being commissioner", the shit going on in this league has sucked a lot of the fun out of playing the game for me. As I said, I bought the game for the CAG league and my own league (which is much smaller- 12 people). I've been playing in CAG leagues since before a lot of people involved even registered. But I have no other choice except to lose a lot of money by selling the game.

I'm not sure what else I can tell you that I haven't already said in the thread. It is expected that people will take your side due to you running the league, but just as many have sided with me, albeit via private messages. But that kind of shows how fucked up things are- people shouldn't have to choose sides in something like this. I just wanted to have fun, and still do, but I'm not going to sit idly by and allow bullshit to go on when it effects my enjoyment of the game and the forums.

Honestly, it's pretty damn hard to make me mad, especially on a message board and/or about a video game, but I've been lied to by Pacer, and you've continued to make comments- both your own remarks as well as stating that I said things which I never said (the latter, he did as well)- so I have very little reason to respect your wishes when that is what I get in return.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ubernes']Well, it seems if you're not playing dumb, you are just in fact this dumb. Do you get tired of playing the same tune? I'm starting to find this whole thing hilarious more than anything else. Mostly because you are the joke. I'm trying to reason with you, but you're a broken record. You're just blabbing again about the same shit you did in the thread. Hey, Matt, I get it, I've heard it all before from you. You've been wronged in a video game. Boo-hoo. Get over it. Do you do this in real life? You must be the life of the party.[/quote]

You keep mentioning the same things, so I continue to address them. I don't do this in real life, because in real life, people like you wouldn't have the balls to say the things you are saying here. That, and I attempt to not associate myself with delusional morons.

[quote name='ubernes']People are siding with me because you're dead wrong. Always have been wrong and I'd be shocked to find a time in your life where you've been right about any substantial argument.[/quote]

I've stated only facts, or opinions I have formed which are rooted in facts that I have stated. The fact that Pacer can't give me a straight answer, and his post "defending" himself included numerous errors and falsehoods simply proved me right about him, regardless of whether or not you knew his intentions. You saying I'm wrong is your opinion, and if you can't provide facts that definitively show that I am indeed wrong, then don't bother throwing around accusations. That, and as I said, just as many people have expressed that they agree with me.

[quote name='ubernes']You must be watching a little too much wrestling. It's doing damage to your brain, man.[/quote]

Golly gee... I've never heard that one before. Somebody insinuating a lack of intelligence due to watching pro wrestling? Very original. I guess that makes HydroX and other guys in here who watch wrestling idiots as well, right? But keep those gems coming, ubernes. Clearly, you are far more intelligent than I am, despite your inability to consistently distinguish the differences between "your"/"you're", something that is learned in elementary school.

[quote name='ubernes']And I can't believe you even had the audacity to be shocked that I took you off my Facebook friends. Look at you. Why would I ever want you to have a window to my personal life? You've burned that bridge, my friend, and I have no plans on rebuilding it.[/quote]

I never said I was shocked. I was suspicious due to the timing. And I could give a fuck about your personal life. I added you, like Venom, to communicate about the Madden league since I'm able to access Facebook more than CAG. If I wanted to know your personal info, I'd ask Venom. But I don't care, and I never have. Most CAGs' personal lives are of no interest to me. Those that are, are people I know well with whom I have discussed personal things of my own in the past.

[quote name='ubernes']At first I felt bad for you. You got screwed and partly because of bad or mixed up communication on my end. But the more this goes on, the less I care. I can't believe you can possibly spend this much type, this much time on ONE LOSS in Madden.[/quote]

Kind of like you have as well?

[quote name='ubernes']Now my feelings? I await the day where you find something else to blow up on. It will happen. The kind of person you are it seems inevitable (this isn't the first time you've done this in a Madden league anyways). Of course it will be something minor again, probably no one's fault. But you'll find fault in someone, oh you will. And you'll harp on it for days. Waste your time and everyone else's. All I can hope for is after we weather another Matt Young tear storm that you find the guts deep down to just quit the damn league and spare us of Part 3. Because I'm sick of it all.[/QUOTE]

Now my attitude in the Madden thread wholly defines the type of person I am, apparently. Riiiiiight. And this has never happened before, where I had a problem with any person in the league. I voiced my frustrations with the AI in the game. But go ahead and continue to twist and distort the truth to try to support your side of things. You seem to have practiced that quite a bit. And it's funny how there were never any problems when Azumangaman was commissioner. Hmm...

You're only exacerbating the problems with your words. I never had any intention of causing trouble. I just wanted to settle my issue. But the more you say shit like this, the more I want to make things miserable for you. I'm not quitting the league, because then I'd miss out on the pleasure of beating you in our game in the middle of the season. Why would I want to miss that? ;)

Oh, and he also talked about fucking my grandmother. His words, not mine. Ladies and gentlemen, your commissioner!

Now ubernes, if you want this to stop, then stop. Clearly, your messages and the things you say therein show that you haven't let anything go. But if you quit your monotonous menstrual mouth-running, I'll have no reason to say anything back. Your choice.

bread's done
Back