Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']How about me am i waiting to see if my brother will have the Titans or stay with the Chiefs ?[/QUOTE]

Let's keep him as the Chiefs for now. I'm going to try to keep this team swapping at a minimum. I spoke to the Titans owner and he said he sent out the game on Sunday so it should be coming this week for sure.

So Deezy play your game as the Chiefs this week.

And whoever is playing the Titans (Cru?) wait until Monday night or Tuesday afternoon if you could to play the CPU.

[quote name='bvharris']Braylon Edwards caught 13 passes?!?! How many did he drop, 40? :D[/QUOTE]

lol, for real. I couldn't believe it. None of them were really in traffic so I guess he shouldn't drop them, but he's not my go-to WR for a reason. He's usually good for 1 or 2 major drops per game and that's when I hardly go to him.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']im playing the chiefs[/QUOTE]

then setup your game with Deezy then. we'll keep things how they are for now.

i'm working on getting the Browns filled too in case anyone is wondering!

Pats 41 Bills 31. The vast majority of the game was all Pats, I had some crazy luck with turnovers and undeserved large gains to even the gap. If I would have got one of my two onside kicks things may have been different, but the Pats certainly deserved to win, excellent passing game.

thanks, I just wish I could figure out how to rush decently, maybe I need to upgrade my rb situation

I love my receiver group moss/welker/holt

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='theredworm']thanks, I just wish I could figure out how to rush decently, maybe I need to upgrade my rb situation

I lost my receiver group moss/welker/holt[/QUOTE]

If you need a solid back I might can part with Brian Westbrook ?

Redskins @ Rams begins in like 40 minutes.

Donovan is motivated this game. I will be damned if I go 0-3 :bomb:

On another note, great job on the write-ups BV, really captured the essence of those games in such a brief blurb; well done.

It seems like I'm always the only one on Pacific time, and everyone else is on Eastern time, heh. But Bears/Eddie sent me a message back on XBL saying maybe we could do 5-6 Pacific/8-9 Eastern tomorrow. I sent him a message back saying 6 PST/9 EST would work great, so hopefully we can do that since he has classes starting on Monday and can't be up too late.

Can anyone play an exhibition game late night tonight? I have other people I can probably play who aren't in this league, but like I said, I need a lot of practice, especially if I'm to play another league game tomorrow. I'll be watching the Packers game from 7 PST/10 EST till it ends.

[quote name='Matt Young']It seems like I'm always the only one on Pacific time,[/QUOTE]

Im right there with ya. I live in Las Vegas

The OP should now be current with everyone who posted their weekly availability / time zone / CAG username. If you haven't yet, please do. Thanks!

The Colts' week 3 availability is suddenly open. Anytime after Sunday afternoon through Wednesday, I am open to play any and all games.

[quote name='ubernes']gg for sure. it turned into the Braylon Show real quick. after you scored on that 60+ yard run on your first play and Greene fumbled the ball for my first play, I just decided to say screw it I'm throwing the ball. [/QUOTE]

86 Yards:)

[quote name='DeskLaser']If the Browns are still available, I will join in. I am terrible at Madden anyways, so it should be a good fit lol.[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I had a Browns fan reach out to me literally 5 minutes before you posted. Should I put you on the waiting list though?

Redskins 34
Rams 30

What started out as a defensive struggle in the first half turned into a both barrels blazing shoot out by midway through the 3rd quarter. Donovan McNabb led the comeback with a prayer hail mary thrown to Santana Moss who was able to get out of bounds on the 8 yard line with 6 seconds left. From there, it was butter baby.

Good game gregthomas.

On another note, lag has still been a serious issue with me, it's probably more me than EA at times, I am not sure. But in the future, I would like to play games against my opponets at the earliest, or latest times absolutely possible; monday-sunday. Hopefully that will mitigate what I have been dealing with.

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Redskins 34
Rams 30

What started out as a defensive struggle in the first half turned into a both barrels blazing shoot out by midway through the 3rd quarter. Donovan McNabb led the comeback with a prayer hail mary thrown to Santana Moss who was able to get out of bounds on the 8 yard line with 6 seconds left. From there, it was butter baby.

Good game gregthomas.

On another note, lag has still been a serious issue with me, it's probably more me than EA at times, I am not sure. But in the future, I would like to play games against my opponets at the earliest, or latest times absolutely possible; monday-sunday. Hopefully that will mitigate what I have been dealing with.[/QUOTE]
Yeah just saw that box score on the madden site. Looked like a wild game! Congrats.

[quote name='DocileJoint']CAG: DocileJoint
XBL: DocileJoint
Team Name: Browns[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the league!

You face off Deuce's Ravens for your first game. So good luck, he's tough.

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Redskins 34
Rams 30

Good game gregthomas.

On another note, lag has still been a serious issue with me, it's probably more me than EA at times, I am not sure. But in the future, I would like to play games against my opponets at the earliest, or latest times absolutely possible; monday-sunday. Hopefully that will mitigate what I have been dealing with.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I am a diehard Skins fan, so that was about the best outcome I could hope for. :)

[quote name='Zurezo']Im right there with ya. I live in Las Vegas[/QUOTE]

Good to know I'm not the only one. And since your avatar reminded me- you've probably already been in the thread for SvR, but if not, that WWE championship belt is available for your avatar now.

On a football related note, while watching the Packers game on NFL Network, I was reminded of the rule that a play will now be whistled dead if a player's helmet comes off. My question is, can you knock off a player's helmet in Madden 11? I know you could years ago, but I don't think it was possible in last year's game, so I'm guessing between that and the new rule, the answer is no.

[quote name='HydroX']The Colts' week 3 availability is suddenly open. Anytime after Sunday afternoon through Wednesday, I am open to play any and all games.[/QUOTE]

If you want to play a non-league game and possibly talk a little wrestling one of those nights, I'd like to play you. Also, I still need an invite for your Ultimate Team squad on Facebook.

I've PMed the Seahawks owner but haven't heard back yet. I'm really hoping to get it in tomorrow since I don't think I'll be available Monday night.

[quote name='ubernes']Sorry! I had a Browns fan reach out to me literally 5 minutes before you posted. Should I put you on the waiting list though?[/QUOTE]

Sure that's fine. You can put me on the waiting list for any team. If a Browns fan got his Browns, then all the better anyways.

[quote name='Matt Young']Good to know I'm not the only one. And since your avatar reminded me- you've probably already been in the thread for SvR, but if not, that WWE championship belt is available for your avatar now.

If you want to play a non-league game and possibly talk a little wrestling one of those nights, I'd like to play you. Also, I still need an invite for your Ultimate Team squad on Facebook.[/QUOTE]

Title belts for your avatar? I've just been suckered in..... :drool:

Yeah dude, if you see me on anytime in the next few days just shoot me a message or something. If I'm watching a video or Netflix, it's probably my girlfriend on my SN, but she usually lets me know if I have a message so either way I'll get back to you .. eventually. lol

As for the Ultimate Team squad thing, nobody is joining my squads for some damn reason, so you would be the only person to join it .. and you need 4 total to be eligible for the points. If you can get 2 more people, I'll shoot you an invite for it, otherwise it's just pointless.

I haven't had any of the people I've invited (3 total) join, either. Some people can't even figure out how to put their codes in. I don't know what the deal is.

Not sure what the prices are on the avatar items, but the Edge entrance attire, the title belt, and the Orton shirt all look cool.

As for my week 3 game, Bears guy got back to me, and we are confirmed to play at 9 P.M. Eastern time.

49ers over Chiefs 35 - 28 , was a good game, we tried our best to contain Jamal Charles, and Frank Gore was ineffective, Ted Ginn had 3 special teams touchdowns though which seem to make the difference in the game. Good Game Deezy.

Just woke up to play my game vs. jbrun85 but he just informed me that something came up and wont be able to play at our scheduled time.

I will keep you all posted

Speaking of trades since we aren't open to make trades until the end of the preseason I am assuming we will be extending the trade deadline ?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Speaking of trades since we aren't open to make trades until the end of the preseason I am assuming we will be extending the trade deadline ?[/QUOTE]

I already said yes to this here.

[quote name='Deuce20602']wish i could get my game played..................[/QUOTE]

Did you try PMing him...?

[quote name='ubernes']I already said yes to this [URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7526666&postcou

What week are u extending the trade deadline to???

I think we might need a clarification on whether it's considered on the up-and-up to go for it on 4th and 3 from your own 35 with a touchdown lead. Whatever, not like it's a rule or anything.

Has anyone else noticed that it's raining every single game? It has been for me anyway.

Seahawks 28, Chargers 21.

I particularly liked the way you couldn't be bothered to take a knee after I turned it over on downs on my last drive even though you could have killed the clock. The two of my players who were injured during that series in the rain thank you a ton. Hope the extra yards were worth it.

[quote name='bvharris']
I particularly liked the way you couldn't be bothered to take a knee after I turned it over on downs on my last drive even though you could have killed the clock. The two of my players who were injured during that series in the rain thank you a ton. Hope the extra yards were worth it.[/QUOTE]

I would have taken a knee if I knew that was allowed, we NEVER take knees or run out the clock when my friends and I played. It sucks that your players got injured, but I'm playing for wins not stats.

As for the 4th down try, I feel like 3 yards is legit.. its not like i converted 4th and 15.

No hard feelings. I just ask myself "would any NFL head coach do this?" Is there a single head coach in the NFL who would go for it on 4th and 3 on their own 36 when already up a touchdown? I can't think of one.

[quote name='bvharris']No hard feelings. I just ask myself "would any NFL head coach do this?" Is there a single head coach in the NFL who would go for it on 4th and 3 on their own 36 when already up a touchdown? I can't think of one.[/QUOTE]
Not taking sides or anything but didn't bill belichick do that and ended up losing the game?

[quote name='gbpackers94']Not taking sides or anything but didn't bill belichick do that and ended up losing the game?[/QUOTE]

He did, but that was a completely different situation and also at the end of the game when converting would have won the game for the Pats.

And there's no sides to take. It's completely within his right to do it, I'm not protesting or anything, he won fair and square. I just wish people wouldn't do that, and way too many people do, that's all.

[quote name='sayHey']I would have taken a knee if I knew that was allowed, we NEVER take knees or run out the clock when my friends and I played. It sucks that your players got injured, but I'm playing for wins not stats.

As for the 4th down try, I feel like 3 yards is legit.. its not like i converted 4th and 15.[/QUOTE]

"if you knew it was allowed"? LOL. Really?

It's called respect. This league is for the fun of the game, not a douchebag pound-your-fucking-face-in Madden tournament.

BV is right to bring up that point, and the answer is 99.999999% of the time, no, they would not make that call.

However, if you are going to bring up that point, I think the god-awful kicking game in Madden coupled with the at times laggy online playing needs to be brought into question.

There has been several times already this season where I have punted in a situation where I definently should have punted, and then ended up botching that said punt because of the innane delay on the new kicking bar at times, and then ended up giving my opponent ridiculously good field position.

As that has happened every time I have asked myself " was I just better off going for it on 4th down than having THAT happen? "

I am not saying I regret my decisons to punt in those situations (as I am a whole-hearted proponent of 'realistic' football) , however it does leave a very sour taste in your mouth seeing the punt shanked out of bounds 10-20 mere yards away.

[quote name='410deezy']if your confident in your offense you should be able to go for it when u want[/QUOTE]

As I posted before, it's about respect. This is supposed to be a respectful, friendly league. Going for it on 4th down every time because "you're confident in your offense, so I'm going for it whenever I want" is flat-out fucking arrogant. I don't play ranked games because of shit like that.

I respect my fellow gamers when I play online games, I expect the same in return.

[quote name='410deezy']if your confident in your offense you should be able to go for it when u want[/QUOTE]

No, you shouldn't be able to. We're trying to play something that resembles realistic football, not to be assholes to each other.

Well that's y'all... my defense is bullshit and I like to play to win...I regret not going for it on the 4th and 3s and 4th and shorts in my last 1st and last game

bread's done
Back