Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

I felt the same way but the market is pretty clearly getting set for these sort of trades and ubernes gave his tacit approval yesterday to the Robinson trade, so I'm getting in on the action if I'm able.

I believe it was Sheriff who made the point that 80+ ranked corners are all snapped up in the first few minutes of the draft, so comparably ranked corners are not going to be available where these teams are picking. Hard to argue with that.

Edit: With this deal also keep in mind that the Seahawks are currently undefeated, which means two things: 1) They're making a push this year, and need secondary help to get there. 2) If they continue playing well, this pick will be in the later stages of the round anyway.

While the 1st round pick is nice, if these guys are trying to just turn around and turn those picks into CBs this upcoming draft I can almost guarantee they will find themselves sorely disappointed. Last draft class was a decent one for CBs, but this coming one? Not so much.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I'm against everyone of these low-mid 80 rated, old corners for first round picks. They are overwhelmingly in favor of the team getting the first rounder, imo.[/QUOTE]

Whatever i personally don't hold much value for a first round pick. Last draft, I think I got on at 11:02 and missed my first round pick by two picks I got a worthless C potential LB.

[quote name='ubernes']While the 1st round pick is nice, if these guys are trying to just turn around and turn those picks into CBs this upcoming draft I can almost guarantee they will find themselves sorely disappointed. Last draft class was a decent one for CBs, but this coming one? Not so much.[/QUOTE]

I'm under no delusions about CBs being available at that point in the draft, but I'm still happy with the return. Things aren't going well in San Diego so some old faces are going to be hitting the road.

By the by, are the draft classes actually sequential? If so, which one is next?

[quote name='bvharris']I felt the same way but the market is pretty clearly getting set for these sort of trades and ubernes gave his tacit approval yesterday to the Robinson trade, so I'm getting in on the action if I'm able.

I believe it was Sheriff who made the point that 80+ ranked corners are all snapped up in the first few minutes of the draft, so comparably ranked corners are not going to be available where these teams are picking. Hard to argue with that.[/QUOTE]

I do understand that, I wish I'd been more active in the league last season when the trades that he detailed were put through, I would've railed against each.

I don't think we should continue a poor practice (imo) simply because of precedence. Aside from the Talib trade, I disagree with everyone of the deals that uber cited in his post. I just wish I'd been paying more attention when they were happening, not that my opinion would've made a big difference.

[quote name='bvharris']I'm under no delusions about CBs being available at that point in the draft, but I'm still happy with the return. Things aren't going well in San Diego so some old faces are going to be hitting the road.

By the by, are the draft classes actually sequential? If so, which one is next?[/QUOTE]

If it's following the order of my other league, then it would be the Luke Bertrand draft.

Just in case this helps convince everyone I'm not a fool. My division is pretty competitive and I'm only a game awy from tying division leader and feel that this trade can help out my passing defense as Robinson will be my 2nd best corner. My rushing defense has been pretty solid all year long except for last weeks game vs d-will, mostly because first game in a week too so I was a little rusty. But if this can help my defense I hope to make a strong push in the playoffs.

[quote name='bvharris']I know you're just teasing me, but I'm curious why "friend" is the word in quotations..[/QUOTE]

Hah, no idea. Maybe I'm implying you just hired him. :cool:

Hey all,

Hope I'm not holding anything up, but I'll be out of comission for a couple weeks, I'll need to get my bank account finalized and setup before I can go grab a 360 and monitor!

[quote name='ubernes']Hah, no idea. Maybe I'm implying you just hired him. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Well I supervise a lot of his projects at work, so in another context I sort of did hire him. :D

[quote name='ubernes']If it's following the order of my other league, then it would be the Luke Bertrand draft.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you're right, that's a crappy class for cornerbacks, there's a few nice safeties though. I keep hoping we're going to have one of the classes I've had in my offline franchise (which I'm in season 8 of I think) but so far we haven't.

[quote name='bvharris']
Edit: With this deal also keep in mind that the Seahawks are currently undefeated, which means two things: 1) They're making a push this year, and need secondary help to get there. 2) If they continue playing well, this pick will be in the later stages of the round anyway.[/QUOTE]

Also, and not that the Robinson and Jammer trades need to be analyzed side by side, but Robinson should be better than Jammer by our next season. 83 OVR vs 81 OVR. And it looks like Robinson will get a better pick in return, so it all adds up even if it doesn't really need to.

[quote name='silentghost227']Whatever i personally don't hold much value for a first round pick. Last draft, I think I got on at 11:02 and missed my first round pick by two picks I got a worthless C potential LB.[/QUOTE]

I think, when it comes to rookies, you can pretty much throw out overall ratings and potentials because awareness has such a profound impact on a player's rating or potential and almost no correlation to what happens on the field and, of course, it is always extremely low for rookies.

My first round pick was RB Parker Boates, 73 Ovr with a C potential but everything else about him was spot on and he's had an impact year so far. As have two rookie LB's that I got later in the draft, one rated 49 and the other 58. Same deal, low ratings, low potential but everything else is good-great.

Draft picks in general, and 1st rounders in particular are very valuable assets. Far more valuable than old-corners who are mediocore at best. The only way I can see an old corner (32+) going for a 1st rounder is if he were top flight (Bailey, Revis, Nnamdi etc..)

[quote name='silentghost227']The drafts for offline are random everytime while online always follows a set path so it will be the Bertand draft.[/QUOTE]

Is there a list somewhere of the order they go in?

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
Draft picks in general, and 1st rounders in particular are very valuable assets. Far more valuable than old-corners who were mediocore at best. The only way I can see an old corner (32+) going for a 1st rounder is if he were top flight (Bailey, Revis, Nnamdi etc..)[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree, but even through an extra year of progression (or regression, I should say) Robinson should still be sitting at 89 speed and 87 man coverage based on my league a season ahead of this one. You're not getting that with the best CB in the draft. The closest CB has 81 man coverage and he's C potential, so Robinson will be better in man coverage for at least 2 seasons.

Jammer is a little trickier because his speed is meh and he's going to be 35 next season, but Seattle should end up with what will essentially feel like an early 2nd round pick. So even at 83 speed (85 man, and all his coverage stats are solid), you're still not going to best that, at least at the CB position.

Of course, the Chargers and Falcons could and probably should draft a position other than CB with those picks simply because this upcoming class sucks and they will probably find better value elsewhere. BUT, as we always say in this league CB is a premium position. So if the Seahawks and Bucs, both aiming to make playoff pushes this year can't get similar (albeit younger) CBs at the spots they expect to pick at, why not deal said picks for corners now?

I've been playing mostly devil's advocate up until this point, but all this talk and I'm pretty firmly on the side of approving these trades. We can still discuss them of course, but that's my opinion right now.

Exactly I want a CB now...not later. The trade is not going to be exactly fair and thats the point of trading draft picks. He will get a better player but he has to wait much longer.

Games left:

Eagles/Panthers (today 4:30pm)
Colts/Jags (XXXplosive, Azu is gone for the next couple weeks, let me know when you're available so we can get a sub in)
Steelers/Ravens (tomorrow)
Chargers/Broncos
Redskins/Falcons
Lions/Bears
Rams/Seahawks

What's the deal on these last 4 games?

Are there still any linebackers on the block , and ramesu I'm still looking to finish trade talk , when is trading over again.

I am interested in taking offers for Vernon Davis 97ovr I believe. I can't gurantee ill trade him but I want to test the waters.

Broncos/Chargers is being played this evening.

Also, the deal I was working on for Gates might have fallen through (still trying to resuscitate talks but we'll see) so he's back out there on the block if anyone's interested.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Why take Gates when Vernon Davis is possibly available lol jk[/QUOTE]

You think I didn't say the same thing to myself when you posted that? :D

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I do understand that, I wish I'd been more active in the league last season when the trades that he detailed were put through, I would've railed against each.

I don't think we should continue a poor practice (imo) simply because of precedence. Aside from the Talib trade, I disagree with everyone of the deals that uber cited in his post. I just wish I'd been paying more attention when they were happening, not that my opinion would've made a big difference.[/QUOTE]

I wish you were this adamant about trade control when someone gave away Aqib Talib for Steve Breaston (now possibly my 3rd/4th option at WR) and CB Toler who was probably mid 70's.

I could use a TE, willing to trade picks. Keller is out for 3 weeks and I have some big games coming up. I'm probably most interested in backups though, think Tony Scheffler, Zach Miller (JAX), etc. If you have one of these types, get at me, but I'm going to send out some PMs shortly.

[quote name='ubernes']I could use a TE, willing to trade picks. Keller is out for 3 weeks and I have some big games coming up. I'm probably most interested in backups though, think Tony Scheffler, Zach Miller (JAX), etc. If you have one of these types, get at me, but I'm going to send out some PMs shortly.[/QUOTE]

Daniel Fells?

[quote name='ubernes']I could use a TE, willing to trade picks. Keller is out for 3 weeks and I have some big games coming up. I'm probably most interested in backups though, think Tony Scheffler, Zach Miller (JAX), etc. If you have one of these types, get at me, but I'm going to send out some PMs shortly.[/QUOTE]

Randy McMichael fits that bill.

Or Cooley?

[quote name='redygo']Anyone needs a sub, I will be honored. Need to get more madden in and I hate ranked games.[/QUOTE]

We will need one for the Jags vs the Colts. I just PMed the Colts owner about his availability.

Actually, does anyone have similar stats to Pettigrew minus the pass-catching ability? I'm more looking for a run blocker more than anything else. Pettigrew has 71 run block, 86 run block strength, 71 run block footwork. I like Fells and McMichael though, but that may be more of a last resort since it's not exactly what I'm looking for.

[quote name='ubernes']Actually, does anyone have similar stats to Pettigrew minus the pass-catching ability? I'm more looking for a run blocker more than anything else. Pettigrew has 71 run block, 86 run block strength, 71 run block footwork. I like Fells and McMichael though, but that may be more of a last resort since it's not exactly what I'm looking for.[/QUOTE]

No blockers, sorry.

Good run blocking TEs are hard to come by. Even a guy like Crumpler who's great at it in real life doesn't have great runblock stats in Madden.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']U can check my backups uber[/QUOTE]

I have an offer out now I would prefer, but I'm interested in Nate Byham if it falls through.

[quote name='ubernes']We will need one for the Jags vs the Colts. I just PMed the Colts owner about his availability.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll be around for a few more hours, ask him to pm me.

Players I'm looking to move :

Brian Westbrook
Nate Clements
Takeo Spikes
Chad Pennington
Alex Smith

Ill take offers on other players except for the obvious unless the offer blows me away.

[quote name='redygo']I wish you were this adamant about trade control when someone gave away Aqib Talib for Steve Breaston (now possibly my 3rd/4th option at WR) and CB Toler who was probably mid 70's.[/QUOTE]
Me too friend, me too, lmao. ;)

[quote name='neworlbush25']Hey uber how about shockey?[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I imagine his run-blocking is iffy anyways. (Edit: Just looked it up, it is).

I have 3 offers on the table now. I believe two of them are agreed to. I'm just waiting to hear from the Colts to see if a counter offer is coming my way. By the end of the day the Jets will have a new backup TE. Get excited, everyone! :bouncy:

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Players I'm looking to move :

Brian Westbrook
Nate Clements
Takeo Spikes
Chad Pennington
Alex Smith

Ill take offers on other players except for the obvious unless the offer blows me away.[/QUOTE]

I want Spikes.. What is his overall and age?
And what are you looking for?

[quote name='ubernes']

So if the Seahawks and Bucs, both aiming to make playoff pushes this year can't get similar (albeit younger) CBs at the spots they expect to pick at, why not deal said picks for corners now?
[/QUOTE]

That certainly makes sense, especially if they intend to pick replacement corners at those spots. But considering all parts of the trade as assets solely, a 1st round pick (@most positions) is far more valuable than either of those players. That is my contention.

It is clear that they intend to mortgage their future for a shot now and I don't mind that at all, but I think we're allowing the price to be too high.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
It is clear that they intend to mortgage their future for a shot now and I don't mind that at all, but I think we're allowing the price to be too high.[/QUOTE]

Assuming that Jammer and Robinson don't regress significantly next season, you would expect their in-game value to be roughly equivalent to whatever those draft picks are (again, not likely to be CBs) in the 2013 season, which is a player in the high 70s to low 80s. Granted those prospects would improve the next year, and Jammer/Robinson might regress more, but that is two seasons down the line. So the Bucs and Seahawks get the better end this season, next season it's roughly even, and after that the Chargers and Falcons probably are looking at the better players. That seems reasonable. Who knows how many more seasons we're likely to get in before graduating to Madden 12 anyway.

[quote name='bvharris']Assuming that Jammer and Robinson don't regress significantly next season, you would expect their in-game value to be roughly equivalent to whatever those draft picks are (again, not likely to be CBs) in the 2013 season, which is a player in the high 70s to low 80s. Granted those prospects would improve the next year, and Jammer/Robinson might regress more, but that is two seasons down the line. So the Bucs and Seahawks get the better end this season, next season it's roughly even, and after that the Chargers and Falcons probably are looking at the better players. That seems reasonable. Who knows how many more seasons we're likely to get in before graduating to Madden 12 anyway.[/QUOTE]

Here's what Dunta and Jammer should look like going into Season 4.
Robinson- http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=athlete/index&lid=11&aid=17450&tab=attributes
Jammer- http://xtreme-football.net/index.php?r=athlete/index&lid=11&aid=17123&tab=attributes

You can compare and contrast if you'd like to see how they drop off, but it doesn't look like anything major.

[quote name='bvharris']Assuming that Jammer and Robinson don't regress significantly next season, you would expect their in-game value to be roughly equivalent to whatever those draft picks are (again, not likely to be CBs) in the 2013 season, which is a player in the high 70s to low 80s. Granted those prospects would improve the next year, and Jammer/Robinson might regress more, but that is two seasons down the line. So the Bucs and Seahawks get the better end this season, next season it's roughly even, and after that the Chargers and Falcons probably are looking at the better players. That seems reasonable. Who knows how many more seasons we're likely to get in before graduating to Madden 12 anyway.[/QUOTE]

So, it would be fair ifwe only played 2 or 3 more seasons?

Again assuming Jammer doesn't retire and Dunta doesn't regress significantly within those two years.

Suppose we played 5 more? Which, given how well things have gone so far isn't too farfetched.

bread's done
Back