Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='RamesuThe1']So, it would be fair ifwe only played 2 or 3 more seasons?

Again assuming Jammer doesn't retire and Dunta doesn't regress significantly within those two years.

Suppose we played 5 more? Which, given how well things have gone so far isn't too farfetched.[/QUOTE]

Well we're 5 months in and we've played a little under 2.5 seasons with no breaks. So assuming that we keep going all the way until 12 comes out in another 7 months (which we didn't last year) and that we keep up our current pace we're probably looking at either 5 or 6 seasons total, which would be 2 or 3 more after this one. Unless we forgo Madden 12 altogether and just stick with 11 forever. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Well we're 5 months in and we've played a little under 2.5 seasons with no breaks. So assuming that we keep going all the way until 12 comes out in another 7 months (which we didn't last year) and that we keep up our current pace we're probably looking at either 5 or 6 seasons total, which would be 2 or 3 more after this one. Unless we forgo Madden 12 altogether and just stick with 11 forever. :D[/QUOTE]

Ok..technical, are we? ;) It was a hypothetical question, which you still haven't answered

I don't know if I get you're argument, Rames. So you're agreeing that the Bucs and Seahawks get the better part of the deal now, but in the long-run, in 2, 3 seasons down the line the Chargers and Falcons will have the advantage in the deal? Isn't that how these types of trades work IRL? In most sports teams will trade their aging veterans to teams trying to make a push. The Raiders tried to do it with Richard Seymour last offseason. Obviously this example backfired, but that was the idea of it.

We have 8 games left after this week, no? So for 8 games + playoffs two teams will have a player they didn't have before. Clear advantage them. In the offseason the other two teams have a chance to cash on in the player they gave up for 8 games. If they are looking for a CB, chances are they will fall short of replacing those players. So say they find a player in the low 80s in the first round. Possible. If it ends up being a lineman then they will probably make less of an impact, but say both teams were able to get a safety or LB, or WR, someone like that rated the same. So we'll call Season 4 a draw, with maybe a slight edge to the Hawks/Bucs because I think we all value CBs more.

Season 5? Now I'm willing to concede here. The Chargers/Falcons, if they drafted wisely (and we all know there's a fair chance something went wrong on draft day), maybe in Season 5 Robinson and Jammer regressed enough, maybe Jammer even retired and the low 80s/high 70s players they drafted in their place are now in the mid 80s. So clearly right now those players are better. But they had to wait a season and a half! And those players won't be CBs! And if they are CBs, they will have to wait until both Robinson and Jammer to retire to be better than them because they won't be as long as they are playing.

So yes, sparknotes version: like most of these, I'll trade you a vet, you give me a pick trade it's all about advantage now vs advantage later. If we play 6 more seasons and the Chargers and Falcons draft wisely than yes in a season or more they will be looking like they got the better end of the deal. But the Seahawks are undefeated, they clearly don't want to wait 2 seasons to develop their 1st rounder, they want to make a move now that'll help them immediately and won't really hurt them until down the line. It's the cost of winning now vs the cost of hurting them in the future, and I think it balances out.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Ok..technical, are we? ;) It was a hypothetical question, which you still haven't answered[/QUOTE]

Well I can't see any way we'd be able to play 5 more seasons in the time allotted. But if we did it wouldn't change my opinion really, teams trade picks for aging veterans who can help their team in the short term all the time. Sometimes those trades work out, sometimes they don't. Another thing to consider is that the Chargers/Falcons get nothing at all until the draft, so even if the players they draft far exceed Jammer/Robinson in talent next year, it might still be balanced out by the fact that the Bucs/Seahawks improved their secondaries this year while sacrificing nothing in on-field talent. For a team like Seattle who is 5-0 but with a very suspect secondary it makes plenty of sense to mortgage the future to improve now.

Edit: In other words, exactly what uber said, lol

[quote name='gbpackers94']How do you get to the future stats?[/QUOTE]

I'm in another league that advanced past the season we're currently in. So I just looked how they progressed in that league. I assume it'll be similar.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm in another league that advanced past the season we're currently in. So I just looked how they progressed in that league. I assume it'll be similar.[/QUOTE]

I hope so, since I looked up the progression trajectory of basically my whole team. :D

[quote name='bvharris']I hope so, since I looked up the progression trajectory of basically my whole team. :D[/QUOTE]

HAH! I had a feeling I was opening up pandora's box a bit there, but figured I was peaking at some things as well that it was only fair.

[quote name='ubernes']HAH! I had a feeling I was opening up pandora's box a bit there, but figured I was peaking at some things as well that it was only fair.[/QUOTE]

The only question would be whether that league started with the same version of the rosters that we did and how much of progression is random vs. predetermined (I honestly don't know).

[quote name='bvharris']The only question would be whether that league started with the same version of the rosters that we did and how much of progression is random vs. predetermined (I honestly don't know).[/QUOTE]

I would say they didn't, so there's some room for error. And no idea on how progression is determined.

If those trades are going through.. I'm playing my game with mog tonight, so if you want to drop Jammer and put him on the Seahawks beforehand that's fine with me. No sense risking an injury. Also be sure to add them to the OP since they involve picks.

How good does my qb hargrove get??????? And I'm looking for a good mlb.. over 80 potential and over 80 speed.... if any offers are good enough id give my first and second round picks

I hope there's not a revolt if I approve them. I love the lively debate we had here, but I still believe that these trades are fair and won't break the league or something.

Wtf Uber...why are you in some extracurricular leagues that we don't know about?!? Stop holding out on us!! I want a spot in that league ASAP! Make it happen please...thanks.

Oh P.S. - Pacer had to postpone our game a bit, I think we're gonna be playing sometime in the next hour.

I don't see how anybody can really judge a players worth... to me robinson isn't worth a first rd... but if I felt as I needed him now to make playoffs as redygo says he does then I would give up my first rd pick also..

[quote name='gbpackers94']How do you get to the future stats?[/QUOTE]

Did anyone else starting dying when you saw this? LOL

Uber has powers of course.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't know if I get you're argument, Rames. [/QUOTE]

My only point is that I think it is highway robbery to trade a 30+ year old, 82, 84 rated, CB for 1st Round pick. That is all.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']uber u get my message and is the front page updated with how many trades people have left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm waiting to hear back from Xplosive on the trade. He said he'll look at it when he gets home. The front page should be updated, but there's a number of trades that don't have the trades left number attached to it. I can add it shortly.

I updated the OP with the trade allowances. Cru looks like you can make 5 more trades, but only one of them can involve a player OVR 80-89 or a first round pick. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but we decided on 6 trades per season, 3 'core' players? Gore counts as 2 core since he's 90+.

Redygo, I'll open up the Jags for you by 9, if it doesn't get kicked off right away and you need to bounce let me know.

edit: actually, I'd prefer if gregthomas, redworm, or one of the teams with 2 Ws subbed at 9pm EST. if none of them are around, that's fine. but let me know if you are. I'd like teams to sub for teams with similar records.

Hell, I'll take McNabb for a 4th and keep him as a backup to Robinson. It's worth it assuming he sticks around at least another year (Hasselbeck is 36 and still kickin', Collins is 38, etc.)

As with any ugly rainy game...turnovers were plentiful in the Eagles/Panthers game. Panthers forced 8 turnovers (6 picks, 2 fumble recoveries) while only giving up one on a Clausen interception. My 2nd year ROLB Brandon Hiller had the best game of his career with a pick, 2 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles. That's pretty impressive considering I didn't send him on a blitz at all that game. But after his interception, he of course fumbled the ball with his stupid 10 Carry rating. The defender just tackled him by the ankles and it must have startled him or something cause he basically just dropped the ball lol. But the Panthers fortunately recovered it...along with every other fumble in the game luckily. I had a ton of things go my way, Madden was my boy this game for sure. Beason has had an interception in every game so far except for last week against the Broncos.

This was my second attempt with Pacer...the first game was I think 27-7 near the end of the 3rd quarter and it disconnected. Pacer messaged me along the lines of "you had that game won, you should play the CPU" but I talked him into just trying again since it was still winnable on his part. Now I feel really bad about that...although Beason had TWO picks in that game!

And guys we are almost on our 500th page!!!! We are the BEST! Get ready to pat yourselves on the back!

[quote name='sprice8688']Damn I'm not used to leagues like this lol..... mcnabb is 35 he's gonna retire after this year[/QUOTE]

hey sprice if you need a qb check out pennington and alex smith on my team im not asking too much for them.

[quote name='Lexxon']PAGE 500!!!!1!!1!1!!!!

...yeah, I ruined it. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Thank god, I didn't want to have my stupid comment be the post that got us to the 500 page.:applause:

Hey Cru, I responded to you on Facebook about your trade talk regarding a linebacker. I finally got my list done (handwritten in front of TV/Xbox) amongst all the bullshit involved with packing and moving. Just got back from checking out the other house. Internet's supposed to be turned on there by 4 P.M. Pacific. I just hope I can work a trade or two in the meantime. List coming in a couple minutes.

Trade alert:

Jets receive:
TE Brody Eldridge (OVR 77, B pot, 25 years old)

Colts receive:
3rd round pick

The TE sounds a lot better/promising than he actually is IMO (can't catch worth a damn), but I'm interested in seeing what I can do with him.

GREEN BAY PACKERS 2011 TRADE BLOCK EXTRAVAGANZA

Wants:

WRs and CBs rated 80 or above; packaged deals including those positions and possibly depth at others.

Looking to deal:
(Note: other positions may be available, but I will only trade WR or CB in exchange for players/packages of/including same position)

Draft picks
DT BJ Raji (81 OVR, Age 26, POT: A)
SS Atari Bigby (82 OVR, Age 30, POT: B)
MLB AJ Hawk (76 OVR/79 OVR as LOLB, Age 28, POT: B)
TE Donald Lee (75 OVR, Age 32, POT: C)
RG Shawn Murphy (77 OVR, Age 29, POT: C)

One of the following 2 guys:
RB Brandon Jackson (72 OVR, Age 26, POT: C)
RB James Starks (74 OVR, Age 26, POT: B)

One or two of these guys:
FB John Kuhn (72 OVR, Age 29, POT: C)
FB Korey Hall (72 OVR, Age 29, POT: B)
FB Quinn Johnson (71 OVR, Age 25, POT: B)

Thanks, but I got a betetr offer via PM. I have to check on some stats in individual categories for the players being offered (2 for 1 deal for Raji) but it's looking like he and I will be able to make a deal.

[quote name='ubernes']3 games left.

Chargers/Broncos
[/QUOTE]

6 Eastern.

Also, I dropped Jammer so the Seahawks can pick him up whenever.

No issue with that Jets-Colts trade.

I just sent siradam/Miami a PM saying yes to his trade proposal. Should I post it now for review? He did suggest it and I don't expect him to change his mind, but I wasn't sure if I should wait for another reply from him before posting.

As long as that trade goes through, I'll have the depth I need at WR (only 4 on roster up till now) but I still need CB help. I only have 4 CBs, three of them rated in the 70s, and Charles Woodson (91 OVR) is old as fuck. I am willing to package possibly even 3 players/picks for a decent CB in the 80's. Again, I have a lot to offer at FB and HB, amongst other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, Adam/Miami responded to my message and we are a go for the trade. Here's the proposed deal:

From Green Bay to Miami:
DT BJ Raji, 81 OVR, A potential

From Miami to Green Bay:
WR Brian Hartline, 82 OVR, B potential
WR Greg Camarillo, 74 OVR, B potential

[quote name='ubernes']3 games left.

Chargers/Broncos
Falcons/Redskins
Steelers/Ravens

I know these are being played tomorrow, but what time?[/QUOTE]

Steelers-Ravens will be sometime after 4om est...

bread's done
Back