Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

4th and 3 on my 20 something... and u go for it with 50 seconds left in the third? While up 21-14???

I'm not too worried about it. It's not like that one play cost me the game... it was just a dick move. Tanabeo, i went for it in the third on my 30 in the other league for 2 reasons... #1. The play i had run on 3rd down was perfect and the only reason i didnt get the first then was because Jason Campbell has issues hitting wide open receivers. #2. I was down AT LEAST 14 points. That's the difference in the two situations. You were winning and it wasnt like it was 4th and inches and u got shafted on third down(like later on in the Ravens-Bengals game). Just sayin... that wouldnt happen in real football and one of the purposes of this league is to provide a realisticly styled gaming experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bengals 24
Ravens 14

Just outplayed by the Bengals... my corners were playing like they had blindfolds on all game and i lost Ray Rice, and Danelle Ellerbee(who is crucial to my team since Ray Lewis is out for the rest of the season). Thanks Madden.

[quote name='Deuce20602']4th and 3 on my 20 something... and u go for it with 50 seconds left in the third? While up 21-14???

I'm not too worried about it. It's not like that one play cost me the game... it was just a dick move. Tanabeo, i went for it in the third on my 30 in the other league for 2 reasons... #1. The play i had run on 3rd down was perfect and the only reason i didnt get the first then was because Jason Campbell has issues hitting wide open receivers. #2. I was down AT LEAST 14 points. That's the difference in the two situations. You were winning and it wasnt like it was 4th and inches and u got shafted on third down(like later on in the Ravens-Bengals game). Just sayin... that wouldnt happen in real football and one of the purposes of this league is to provide a realisticly styled gaming experience.[/QUOTE]

i was on your 30 i would't have made the fg in that lag(i almost missed every extra point)and it was 4 and 2 when you did it there was 4 min left in the 3rd and it was over 4th and 5 and you were on your own 30 and you got a td off that play because i was not ready....not like that changed the game

edit:now i know why it lags now you sit here and post during the game

Redygo provided a sub for the Jags and our second contest was almost as good as the first. Texans 28 Jags 13. Game was way closer than the two TD spread. The last score came with less than a minute remaining to officially close the door.

Great Game Redygo

[quote name='Tanabeo']now i know why it lags now you sit here and post during the game[/QUOTE]

negative buddy... me posting has nothing to do with the game seeing as how i can post from either my phone or my laptop... moreover, you are far from the first person i've been playing while posting and i had no problems with lag then. I normally have no problems with lag and i highly doubt it was my connection in the first place since my xbox is the only thing hooked up to the router and modem. My laptop is on a wifi signal from a neighbor to avoid any interference with me playing online. Check ur shit before pointing fingers champ.

as for your video... that game was in the fourth quarter and the Pats were trying to keep the ball away from PEYTON MANNING, who had been lighting up a suspect secondary all game... i dont know if you've noticed, but Joe Flacco is not Peyton Manning

Phew... Chargers-Saints just had themselves a certified hootenanny in the Super Dome. Chargers pull it out 48-40, I'll probably post a recap tomorrow once I can wrap my head around the bananas stats in this one.

Chargers lost another LB, Larry English (though he'll only miss a game). That means the entire starting linebacker corps for the Chargers (Phillips, Spikes, English) is currently on the sidelines.

Heh, glad I can still produce those reactions. It was a very good game, I was in a hole early throwing a couple dumb picks with Rivers on his first 2 drives, but I turned it around from there. You had me sweating a bit at the end, you made a nice comeback attempt. Ryan Mathews was a beast in that one, and Justin Miller had an 88 yard punt return and a 99 yard kick return, which helped quite a bit.

[quote name='Deuce20602']as for your video... that game was in the fourth quarter and the Pats were trying to keep the ball away from PEYTON MANNING, who had been lighting up a suspect secondary all game... i dont know if you've noticed, but Joe Flacco is not Peyton Manning[/QUOTE]

thats why you were moving it down the field no problem and i wasnt about to give you good field pos. and fyi its a game so joe flacco is like peyton manning pat white can throw 70 yard bombs on the run perfect so yea...check for facts champ

Haven't heard from Vikings owner. I was told he should have his xbox working by yesterday but when I check the website Vikings are still unoccupied.

So Chiefs/Titans are getting underway shortly so that leaves us with...

Cowboys/Browns (if you've had trouble reaching the Browns, get in touch with Doom)
Broncos/Raiders
Giants/Niners
Bucs/Vikings (i'll give Venom until tonight to show then we'll need a sub for tonight or tomorrow)
Steelers/Redskins (we need a sub, no one has heard from Zurezo right?)
Packers/Eagles (same thing for Matt? sub?)
Seahawks/Bills (definitely need a sub for the Seahawks)

[quote name='augmog']Doom when you tryin to play our game??[/QUOTE]
I can play right now if you're able to. My schedule this semester is ridiculous.

[quote name='Tanabeo'] and fyi its a game so joe flacco is like peyton manning pat white can throw 70 yard bombs on the run perfect so yea...check for facts champ[/QUOTE]

i dont control the game's engine nor do i generate the attribute ratings... but to say you're throwing perfectly on the run is a bit excessesive... the passes weren't perfect as indicated by the INT i got in the 4th... but to put things in perspective, you're rolling out of the pocket against a zone defense that will not attack White(mind u, i wasnt payin much attention to who the qb was so i aint even know half the time that White was in the game) and he throws a DEEP BALL to RANDY MOSS. There is no bad pass in that situation. You're other long throws were mistakes on my end trying to get in position to at least knock the pass down. I did much better in the Raiders-Chargers game we played. By citing Pat White's throwing on the run, you're proving my point in saying that Joe Flacco is not Peyton Manning(aside from the fact that they, in real life, are two completely different people). Different players have different abilities. If i had Peyton Manning or Tom Brady... or maybe even Philip Rivers, i wouldnt have any problem at all hitting Smitty or Boldin past 25 yards... I'm done with this, my original point was up by 7, on the opponent's 30 (27 actually) in the third is a FG situation. To address you're rebuttal on the "NFL coaches wouldnt do that"... I'd bet my next three paychecks that Belichek wouldn't have made that same call if it were the Ravens he was facing.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Ouch...looks like the Rams lost on a missed extra point with 20 seconds left in the game, d'oh![/QUOTE]

Yeah I missed an extra point earlier in the game as well lol. If the Rams got that extra point we would have went into over time. It was a hell of a game!

Sorry guys, but I'm still alive! I literally just got connected again about 10 minutes ago. Verizon's people who they send to the house do a great job and their phone and internet services work very well, but holy crap, does their customer service suck. Due to numerous errors on Verizon's part, I went from being scheduled to have internet and phone hooked up on the day I moved (1/14) to having to wait 5 days for phone service and 13 for internet.

Anyway, I can play my game if I haven't been subbed for. I'm just glad to be back since I've been dying to play some football after watching the Packers fight their way to the Super Bowl. hat, and as sappy as it may sound, I kinda missed you guys.

[quote name='ubernes']So Chiefs/Titans are getting underway shortly so that leaves us with...

Cowboys/Browns (if you've had trouble reaching the Browns, get in touch with Doom)
Broncos/Raiders
Giants/Niners
Bucs/Vikings (i'll give Venom until tonight to show then we'll need a sub for tonight or tomorrow)
Steelers/Redskins (we need a sub, no one has heard from Zurezo right?)
Packers/Eagles (same thing for Matt? sub?)
Seahawks/Bills (definitely need a sub for the Seahawks)[/QUOTE]

This is still accurate as far as I can tell. Though I think we have the Giants/Niners game either in the books or being played now.

So Matt, reach out to Pacer. I'm sure you guys can get the setup for tonight or tomorrow no problem.

Alas I am still alive as I said in the other thread I will definitely have my xbox by Sunday. Thanks to everyone that subbed in for me while I was gone.

I sent a PM to Pacer, but he hasn't been on CAG since 4 days ago. I'll get on the Xbox within 30 minuets or so to rejoin the league and message him on there, but due to the setup at the new place, I won't be able to have the PC and the Xbox online at the same time until I get the proper wireless adapter. I should have that by tomorrow, but I wanted people to know that I won't be able to check the thread or PM's while I'm on XBL, and vice versa.

EDIT: Pacer just PM'ed me about playing tomorrow. I'm about to bring the modem upstairs to fire up the Xbox in order to rejoin the league and all that jazz.

EDIT 2: I can't believe I forgot to say THANK YOU to whomever subbed for me. Not sure who did or what the outcome was, but you have my gratitude regardless. Thanks to ubernes as well for being so understanding and getting people to sub.

[quote name='Deuce20602']I'm done with this, my original point was up by 7, on the opponent's 30 (27 actually) in the third is a FG situation[/QUOTE]

I understand your mad that i called you out on doing it to.

I had a madden player from another league sub for Vikings. Don't really have much time 2m. It was a good game, Enrique woods wins it for me with a 75 yard run in OT.

I have my own xbox again and need to get both of my league games in tomorrow before the deadlines. Both need subs. I'll be home after 4-5:00 (or maybe all day if I get lucky with snow...not counting on it!). Both teams are rather good (7-2 Seahawks in League 1, 8-4 vikings in League 2) so if one of you top-tier people wants to rape me, so be it D: Posting this in both leagues. If someone's up to it they could sub for both. The League 2 game is more important to me if we have trouble scheduling one or the other, if a priority is needed.

Venom, I like your sig. Is there a gif of your coach in the AFC Championship game? JUST WONDERING!

In all seriousness, I never got why some fans are more into the opposition than their own team.

[quote name='theredworm']it's a rivalry thing, I get the same way picking on university of kentucky as a louisville fan[/QUOTE]

but would you poke fun at Kentucky for losing in the Final 4 after they just ousted you from the Elite 8? that is the part that makes the least sense to me. though Venom seems to be in the minority with this approach, at least in this thread, but I got my fair share of Patriot fan texts last week and I just had to roll my eyes.

I would of course try to find pleasure in it too if the roles were reversed, but I don't know if I would parade it around if my team was the one out a week earlier is all. Or if my team didn't make it at all (Charger fans) or was out 2 weeks earlier (Chiefs fans), all of which I've heard it from. Its just feels like your kid brother trying to fight you or something, you just laugh and swat him away.

anyways! that's my two cents on fandom. This is just a specific example of something I never understood. Like Mets fans hating the Yankees, or vice versa. Who cares, they aren't even in the same league. I'll always be a Jets fan first and a Patriot hater a long distance second, but clearly that's not the norm.

edit: I clearly get rivalries. I like them. Though I don't think Mets/Yanks is more than a friendly rivalry because like I said before who gives a fuck? I never could muster up the hatred for the Yanks as a Mets fan, though I think a lot of that has to do with all of my Yankee fan friends (and there's a lot of them) feeling the same way. But yes, Sox/Yanks, Mets/Phils (or more long-term, Mets/Braves), Jets/Pats, etc, it's all fun stuff but like I said I'll never hate on a team more or even close to as equal to as much as I like my own team. /rant

I'm never one to talk shit after my team's been eliminated, that's just stupid. At the same time for the past decade the Jets have been the nail to the Patriots' hammer, I think that's where a lot of the fan bravado comes from, though I don't personally share it really. One game doesn't really change that. The only way for the Jets to forever shut up everyone is to win a Super Bowl. Everything else is window dressing.

I meant to post last night but niners and giants played yesterday Niners over Giants 41-21. It was a defensive game for the most part. This game just came down to turnovers as most games do, it seemed tough for either team to get a consistent run game going. Good Game BigAt as usual.

Just an update:

I think I'll have to officially be dropping from the league, but believe me I don't want to. There are a couple reasons why It'll be awfully difficult to join back up:
1) Living here is expensive, and until October when I'm living in a seperate house, I don't think a 360 is the most likely option, unless I can find a deal in the future for cheap.
2) The internet connection here at most times is brutally slow, and unless I stayed up till 3-4 am every night my local time, I wouldn't be able to play at all anyway.
It's more of #2 being a factor as the internet connection on campus is pretty brutal for just surfing the web, I can't imagine the brutality of playing Xbox Live.
Its worth noting that the next 2 years (as of October) I'll be in a place that should have top quality internet speed so in the future (for Madden 12+13) there should be no problem for me playing consistently then. It really sucks because I certainly don't want to leave, but there are a series of factors that aren't on my side in this one.

I look forward to joining you guys in the future!

bread's done
Back