Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Doomtime']Thomas Jones 17 Att 160 Yds 3 TD

Miles Austin 3 Rec 157 yds 2 TD[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ. If I ever have to play you, I'll just punch myself in the balls, skip the game, and save myself some time.

Also, I think you should compete in real tournaments for money (get your ass on that Madden bus, lol). Beating up on CAGs week in and week out has to get boring. At least challenge yourself.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Jesus Christ. If I ever have to play you, I'll just punch myself in the balls, skip the game, and save myself some time.

Also, I think you should compete in real tournaments for money (get your ass on that Madden bus, lol). Beating up on CAGs week in and week out has to get boring. At least challenge yourself.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You staying for next season?

I do play in school tournaments here. I've been in 5 and was fortunate enough to win one of them, though the other four I got bounced pretty easily.

I don't think I'm that good to be honest, I just play a lot of ranked matches and try to implement what works into my offense. That and limiting turnovers by running and running and running

[quote name='Doomtime']:lol:

You staying for next season?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. Part of me wants to because I have gotten better, but it's just a matter of asking myself if I can have a good time fighting to go 8-8. We'll see if my "JV League" idea takes off or not because there's definitely a good amount of players that have no business even being on the field with players like you.

The amount of success you have here just begs the question if you're that good or if everybody else is just that bad. I haven't gone back through all your games, but I only remember 2-3 that were even close. I mean, when you're putting up record setting numbers with 2nd string players, it says a lot. I think there are definitely a few guys who are close to the same level or on the cusp of it, but I still feel half the league is just signing up for weekly beatings. Nobody's fault. Just a wide gap in skill.

Finding 32 guys on the same level would be impossible. 90% of the fun is the fact that the league is full and you never have to play the CPU.

I'll probably make the playoffs but I would've had fun regardless for the simple fact the league is full and active.

[quote name='staticz']Finding 32 guys on the same level would be impossible. 90% of the fun is the fact that the league is full and you never have to play the CPU.

I'll probably make the playoffs but I would've had fun regardless for the simple fact the league is full and active.[/QUOTE]

i hate u for beating the cardinals ( god damn it lvp) lol good luck to u in the playoffs

[quote name='staticz']Finding 32 guys on the same level would be impossible. 90% of the fun is the fact that the league is full and you never have to play the CPU.

I'll probably make the playoffs but I would've had fun regardless for the simple fact the league is full and active.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a guy who took over an 0-2 Seattle team, went 10-4 with them, and made the playoffs, this doesn't mean much...no offense.

[quote name='Doomtime']For the division![/QUOTE]

for_frodo_by_cloud8762-d38w8o7.jpg

[quote name='bvharris']If I lose, I'll fall all the way from the 2 seed to the 6 seed. It's a big game.[/QUOTE]

I'm in a similar position... if I win, I'm the three seed (unless mog loses, then I get the two) but if I lose, I'm down to six

I had a dream that doomtime beat me 48-0. I think I'm getting too invested in this league :lol: also everyone give this league 5 stars so it goes back up!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sprice8688']static tomm good for u?[/QUOTE]

We're not advancing until Tuesday...I should be open most of the week after 9cst though.

EDIT: wait what? I think you want the GB owner.

As for the 0-2 to 10-4 and playoffs comment. Whatever man. Pretty sure I offered to scrim with you via PMs and try to help you out. If you don't take the opportunity to play with the other 'better' guys (I play Doom pretty regularly) then it is your own fault you are 'jv'.

Patriots 17 - Bills 10

Phew. GB gave me absolutely everything I could handle filling in for the Bills, this one had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and wasn't decided until the final minute. The Bills took an early lead with a 71 yard TD run for Fred Jackson after he broke a tackle in the backfield. The Patriots responded in the 2nd with a Brady 3 yard pass to Hernandez. The teams exchanged field goals in the 2nd half until BenJarvus Green-Ellis broke loose for an 18 yard FG with 1:04 left to take the lead. On the first play of the ensuing possession, Ras-I Dowling picked off Fitzpatrick to ice the game.

Tom Brady was 11 of 18 for 122 yards and a TD

Fitzpatrick had a tough time all day against the Pats' pass D (as most have this year), going 4 of 14 for 49 yards and a Pick

Fred Jackson went wild, carrying 16 times for 124 yards and a score. Spiller also added 7 carriers for 34 yards. The Pats' run D had played better of late, but this game showed that it remains a concern.

AP couldn't get much going, gaining only 60 yards on his 16 carries. Green-Ellis was far more effective, carrying 7 times for 55 yards and the winning score. Despite the big name at the top of the roster, this backfield has consistently been a 2-to-1 timeshare, and that will probably continue in the playoffs.

Rob Gronkowski was the only receiver with a big day, catching 6 balls for 74 yards (it seemed like all of them were 3rd or 4th down conversions).

---
gg GB! You definitely had me scared that entire game, and you played exactly how every sub should: To win. That could have easily gone either way. Ubernes should be proud of the effort you gave and send you Revis anyway!

With that, the Patriots wrap up the #2 seed in the AFC, and perhaps more importantly came out of the game without suffering a single injury despite needing to play the starters all game. Time to rest up and wait to see who I'm playing in the Divisional Round!

I'll do a full season write-up on the Pats later (I encourage everyone to do the same for their teams!) but with this game I did wrap up the scoring defense crown, pushed my passing ypg allowed below 100, and still have a shot at the overall defensive lead if the Cowboys put up enough yards on the Giants.

I don't think anybody who played me as the Chargers last year would have seen this defensive improvement coming. Especially since, as we all know, this D is not that talented. I don't even care what numbers my offense put up (they were pretty much middle of the pack), it's all about the D in New England!

Unless I'm missing something, all 12 playoff spots along with all 4 byes have now been sewn up. All that's left is to decide who wins the AFC North and the NFC South. Right?

In this game before all the updates, the Pats D was top 10 easily. Steelers D was numero uno with the Packers probably coming in at 2nd.

Though 10.5 ppg allowed is pretty impressive.

Yep, all playoff spots are filled. Just positioning now

[quote name='Doomtime']In this game before all the updates, the Pats D was top 10 easily. Steelers D was numero uno with the Packers probably coming in at 2nd.
[/QUOTE]

Was it? That's surprising. There's definitely some talent there, but before I got Samuel there were only 2 guys 90 or better (Wilfork and Mayo) and 5 more in the 80s (McCourty, Bodden, Ellis, Cunningham, Chung). I definitely think I'll try to shore up the unit in the draft, since there's really not a lot I need on the offensive side of the ball - maybe a young WR, but I doubt any of the 1st rounders make it to me.

I'm also looking for DBs, but I'll probably go with linemen in the draft.

The Newmann/Austin deal is really paying off. Newmann has 5 picks as a Chief and Austin has taken off the past two weeks (though with Stanzi at the helm)

Most telling stat for me is that I'm +41 in turnovers.

The most encouraging stat for my playoff chances is that Brady, who struggled with interceptions all year, had 8 TDs and 0 INT in his last 4 games, completing 75% of his passes for a 156.3 QB Rating. If I can get both him and the running game going in the playoffs, along with the D, I could finally be primed to make a real run.

[quote name='Doomtime']Hopefully see you in the AFC Championship, rain and lag free![/QUOTE]

That actually would have been a good reason to play for the 6 seed. I didn't mention it, but naturally the Pats-Bills game was played in a torrential downpour. Last week's game with the Dolphins was in a blizzard. I think I had maybe two games all year at home in which there was no weather. So anyone coming to Foxborough for the playoffs should probably pack their galoshes.

These still hold so far

AFC

#6 Baltimore @ #3 Pittsburgh

#5 NY Jets @ #4 Houston

NFC

#6 Seattle @ #3 Carolina

#5 New Orleans @ #4 San Francisco

[quote name='staticz']As for the 0-2 to 10-4 and playoffs comment. Whatever man. Pretty sure I offered to scrim with you via PMs and try to help you out. If you don't take the opportunity to play with the other 'better' guys (I play Doom pretty regularly) then it is your own fault you are 'jv'.[/QUOTE]

But you act like I'm complaining about it. I'm not angry that several of the players here are way better than me. My point was just that I don't think taking 42-3 beatings every week is that helpful, and your counter argument is basically "Well, even though it doesn't apply to me at all and I have no basis for making this kind of statement, I would have had a good time if it had been me." Just take a moment to yourself and think about that statement.

Yes, you offered to scrim with me. But I also don't want to devote 100% of my gaming time to figuring out how to beat Doom at Madden 12. It's not going to happen overnight, and a lot of us "JV" players accept where we are skillwise and just want to have a good time playing. What does it matter to you?

My point was simply this - if you don't practice you're not going to get better. However our personalities are obviously different and you have no desire to put any extra time into the game. It is simply a difference of opinion, quit acting like everyone always attacks you.

Have fun with the JV league, it won't survive and will probably kill this one too. The fantasy league is barely surviving, a third league isn't going to make it. Once this league empties out it will fall as well.

[quote name='Doomtime']These still hold so far

AFC

#6 Baltimore @ #3 Pittsburgh

#5 NY Jets @ #4 Houston

NFC

#6 Seattle @ #3 Carolina

#5 New Orleans @ #4 San Francisco[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll break out of my slump. I've only beaten one playoff team so far... I'm a product of my schedule lol. I feel like the Chiefs last year!

[quote name='staticz']
Have fun with the JV league, it won't survive and will probably kill this one too. [/QUOTE]

That's not going to happen.

[quote name='staticz']Have fun with the JV league, it won't survive and will probably kill this one too. The fantasy league is barely surviving, a third league isn't going to make it. Once this league empties out it will fall as well.[/QUOTE]

LOL...yep, there it is. So, you want the "bad players" to hang around for your own benefit. I seriously doubt this league will fall apart because of the JV League. If it does, that just proves that the level of skill in here wasn't as balanced as was claimed. And if anyone was that concerned about equality and even competition, measures would have been taken to handicap the "top players" so that there weren't so many blowouts.

Is something like that even possible? I doubt it. Would it be fair? No more fair than expecting weaker players to have fun getting the shit kicked out of them. But are you seriously going to sit here and act pissy because a few people aren't having fun serving as your whipping boys game in and game out. Surely, you're more intelligent than that. Come on, man.

[quote name='staticz']Hope not, the best league ive ever been a part of! :)[/QUOTE]

This league will certainly end at some point, but it's going to be because our own interest wanes, not because of any external factors like other leagues. If people get burned out on too much Madden, the Fantasy league will be the first to go.

I like playing in this league, and when I get my butt kicked (as I do often) I always learn from it. I never get mad or frustraited with it. I will also take part in the jv league because I understand I have A LOT to learn when it comes to this game.

I don't see the fantasy league lasting as it is because of most of the newer members that don't communicate at all on this site. They were all recruited by word of mouth and can't figure out how to use these forums.

I'd be surprised if it lasted past one season.

This league on the otherhand is here to stay until at least season four. We were all collectively burnt out in mid march/early April and I was so tired of seeing the Saints lovefest every time I turned on the game.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']But you act like I'm complaining about it. I'm not angry that several of the players here are way better than me. My point was just that I don't think taking 42-3 beatings every week is that helpful, and your counter argument is basically "Well, even though it doesn't apply to me at all and I have no basis for making this kind of statement, I would have had a good time if it had been me." Just take a moment to yourself and think about that statement.

Yes, you offered to scrim with me. But I also don't want to devote 100% of my gaming time to figuring out how to beat Doom at Madden 12. It's not going to happen overnight, and a lot of us "JV" players accept where we are skillwise and just want to have a good time playing. What does it matter to you?[/QUOTE]

both of u have good points but practice does make perfect so i still feel if i went 2 and 14 id keep goin im.stubborn and seek perfection... id never quit plus u get early picks... problam is tryin to start a jv league will u get enough people and how do u know a true players skill?? if they whoop i will u kick them out? if i was u id stick with this league also just to practice

Read into it what you want N8, however insulting my intelligence is a terrible way to argue your point.

You've pulled this kind of crap on people all year and I'm not going to succumb to it. Much like several others feel, your opinion does not matter to me.

I've stuck up for you, offered to scrim with you, hell I even tried to recommend a more casual league. Instead you stay in this league and complain about the competition, I don't get it.

[quote name='staticz']Read into it what you want N8, however insulting my intelligence is a terrible way to argue your point.

You've pulled this kind of crap on people all year and I'm not going to succumb to it. Much like several others feel, your opinion does not matter to me.

I've stuck up for you, offered to scrim with you, hell I even tried to recommend a more casual league. Instead you stay in this league and complain about the competition, I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

If you're that offended that a few people want to play in a league where they don't get raped every week, I don't know what to tell you. It's not a personal attack on this league. I'm not condemning Doom or BigAT for being really good players. I'm simply saying that myself and a few others are not good enough to play them. It's calling a spade a spade. If that hurts your feelings, I'm sorry.

[quote name='Doomtime']Playing Deuce is a kind a rude awakening for your first playoff birth. Good luck though! If you win, it's BigAt next[/QUOTE]

Yeah it'll be tough but we will see. BigAT scored on me late so that game would've been 10-3. I've never played Duece so we will see. I'll plan for the run but have to think the passing game is there too with Shockey, Smith, and Cam Newton.

Honestly I'm happy with a playoff birth period. Although I do have some holes so a high draft pick would've been nice.

[quote name='staticz']Read into it what you want N8, however insulting my intelligence is a terrible way to argue your point.

I've stuck up for you, offered to scrim with you, hell I even tried to recommend a more casual league. Instead you stay in this league and complain about the competition, I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Really don't understand what your problem is. Not everyone is of the same skill set, and not everyone is capable of getting there. I'm one of those who doesn't enjoy getting their butt handed to them week in and week out. Given the amount of time I have for gaming, playing another year where I can expect to, at best, win 6 games, doesn't sound like a good use of my time. Playing in a league where the skill level is closer to mine is a good way to learn the ins and outs, and improve my game while actually having a chance at being competitive.

That brings up a good point: Anybody who is planning to leave the league at the conclusion of this season, please let us know ASAP so we can fill those spots.

Right now Buffalo will be open. It sounds like the Jags will be open as well. Anyone else leaving?

I'm not speaking for him, but just a warning that it may be tough for the Cowboys to play their Week 17 game by the deadline. His wife is going into labor as we speak and I'm sure this is going to be a tough week in terms of video gaming. If we haven't heard from him by Tuesday morning, I'll text him about it.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I'm not speaking for him, but just a warning that it may be tough for the Cowboys to play their Week 17 game by the deadline. His wife is going into labor as we speak and I'm sure this is going to be a tough week in terms of video gaming. If we haven't heard from him by Tuesday morning, I'll text him about it.[/QUOTE]

Certainly more important than Madden. :D

If he can't play, we can certainly find a sub to play the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back