Madden 12 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-Week 3 live. Deadline Monday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I didn't mean to get on a high horse about the subject. And ItlnStln was definately talking about how he was playing with his own team.

I just wish he informed me beforehand that he had no intention of trying in the game. We could have simmed it, I have better stuff to do than plan for and play a game my opponent has no interest in.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Ok, I didn't mean to get on a high horse about the subject. And ItlnStln was definately talking about how he was playing with his own team.
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it, getting on our high horses about trivial things is about 50% of what we do in this thread. It just means you're starting to belong. ;)

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']That is BS. If you're subbing and you have zero intent on winning you shouldn't be subbing in the first place. It not only affects draft picks but playoffs implications. This is why I hate subbing. Just play your own games and if you can't just hope the CPU has a big game.[/QUOTE]

Did you play the CPU in your game vs. the Broncos or did you play a sub? I just saw the game has been played, and I don't see reference to anyone subbing.

If you played the CPU, who told you to do so?

I asked where was the Broncos owner and if he was still moving who was the sub? But nobody answered my question.

So yea I played CPU. I didn't have time to wait.

Since I've already filled up two pages of the thread today, I might as well bring up another point I was curious about.

Where is the border between running out the clock when you are obviously going to win, in the interest of good sportsmanship. Versus being that guy who takes 35 seconds off the clock every running play.

Unaware that I was being given this last game, I basically ran the ball the whole second half (besides when I needed a long first to keep possesion and the clock running)

Would the league rather have a blow out game played out normally (i.e. not running 30 seconds off the clock and doing whatever it is that you want). Or does everyone want a blowout to go run 40 sec, run 40 sec, run 40 sec, punt. So that the games ends quickly.

I only mention this because I read people being angry at others for running the clock and not letting them play, cause it's all about fun.

And I overheard in a party, someone telling another player who was destroying someone else, that the only move was to run the clock out.

Lol... We dont advance for another 36 hours...possibly another 40ish.... nice one.

we ONLY advanced wednesday at 12 am est....

the fact that you're in the playoff hunt and doing this makes me drop my jaw.

Inexcusable.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I asked where was the Broncos owner and if he was still moving who was the sub? But nobody answered my question.

So yea I played CPU. I didn't have time to wait.[/QUOTE]

Alright. That is a violation of league rules. If you were brand new, I could maybe see you not knowing, but you've been in this league all season. I'll have to talk to uber to figure out what the ramifications will be, but be assured that there will be some.

[quote name='LVPatriots']
Where is the border between running out the clock when you are obviously going to win, in the interest of good sportsmanship. Versus being that guy who takes 35 seconds off the clock every running play.
[/QUOTE]

I guess the answer is "common sense". It's certainly expected that you shouldn't be airing it out and tossing the ball around in the 4th quarter with a big lead. It's also expected that if you're winning and get to the point where you're able to kneel out the clock that you should do so. People are allowed to milk the clock in the 4th quarter, but if you're playing with a lead that's not required.

That's all the detail I have time to go into now. :D

No play CPU? Nice move to not put that in the OP...

And I literally asked who was my sub or if there was even one. I can't help it if you turned a blind eye my towards my question about what to do about my game.

I guess the answer is "common sense". It's certainly expected that you shouldn't be airing it out and tossing the ball around in the 4th quarter with a big lead. It's also expected that if you're winning and get to the point where you're able to kneel out the clock that you should do so. People are allowed to milk the clock in the 4th quarter, but if you're playing with a lead that's not required.

That's all the detail I have time to go into now. :D[/QUOTE]

I think thats sufficient, I guess I was asking more along the lines of being up 28+ at the start of the 3rd. is two quarters too much time to just run out?

Answer whenever, I'll leave this poor forum alone from my rants for awhile.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Nobody said anything about my sub.
[/QUOTE]

That's a bullshit excuse, and you know it. If nobody answered your question, ask again. If you still have a question you feel hasn't been addressed, PM one of the commissioners. I'd think everyone would agree that we're eminently available.

You willingly chose to break the rules, don't try and pin that on anybody else. I've sent a PM to uber about it, we'll see what he thinks we should do.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']No play CPU? Nice move to not put that in the OP...

And I literally asked who was my sub or if there was even one. I can't help it if you turned a blind eye my towards my question about what to do about my game.[/QUOTE]

The sub rule has been discussed in this thread many times, as has the fact that no one is to play the CPU except in cases of disconnects or when given the go-ahead from the commissioner. Not every league rule is explicitly stated in the OP. You're still expected to follow them. If you have a question about something that isn't in the OP, you ask. You don't take it upon yourself. That's common sense.

Don't try to act like you didn't knowingly do something wrong. You might be able to convince yourself of that, but nobody else is buying that bill of goods.

I'd suggest you not work any harder to dig this hole deeper. It's a first offense, you're not going to get kicked out of the league or anything as long as you don't do it again. Uber and I will confer and he'll decide what action should be taken. You've plead your case sufficiently for the moment.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame'].[/QUOTE]

I'd say a game with playoff implications holds more weight than someone out of the playoff race. It's been mentioned in past pages that the dolphins owner was controlling the broncos while the broncos owner was out of town. The only time to play a cpu is if your given approval by the league Commish. That's split between Uber and BV 99.9% of the time.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']And I literally asked who was my sub or if there was even one. I can't help it if you turned a blind eye my towards my question about what to do about my game.[/QUOTE]

I was the sub.(and have been the sub for EVERY venom game since he moved) I was in miami until 9pm at night without laptop/computer access...and i was on the road, so i didnt have the time to check the thread until 10pm ish. by that time i had already setup two games for both leagues (one being a sub for Venom in the other league)...I obviously missed your post when i was skimming over the general talk of the league.....but I did see your post TODAY (when i went and read back 3 pages) and sent you a message about it. Yes, you posted a question about a sub at 11:32pm . I didnt see it today until 3:30. That Leaves 36 hours for us to schedule a game.

^^THIS is the problem.

You took it upon yourself to solve the problem. knowing full well you'd increase your playoff odds with an easy win on the cpu. You even went for it 4 times on 4th down to ensure a victory.

Nice work. That.

If you're going to complain about people not reading threads....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9021678#post9021678

[quote name='siradam134']like i posted on the last post of page 194.... venom asked me to sub for the next "2 games" in each league.... possibly 3.....
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm expected to follow a rule that's not even in the OP? Is it really that hard to put the "DO NOT PLAY CPU" that only takes two second?

And I keep saying I asked who was my sub. Maybe you guys were literally ignoring my question for this moment. I know both of you guys have a beef with me because of my play style.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']So I'm expected to follow a rule that's not even in the OP? Is it really that hard to put the "DO NOT PLAY CPU" that only takes two second?

And I keep saying I asked who was my sub. Maybe you guys were literally ignoring my question for this moment. I know both of you guys have a beef with me because of my play style.[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with your playstyle, or any "beef" you think we might have with you. We'd be having this same conversation if anyone in the league had done this.

This thread moves pretty fast, uber and I aren't in it every single second and sometimes we don't see every single post. If you feel like you asked a question which one of us didn't see, it's really not that hard to find the PM function. I typically respond to PMs within minutes, ask anyone who PMs me regularly.

You asked once last night at 11:32 PM who your sub was. If you really think giving it less than a day before you took it upon yourself to play the CPU without permission is you doing sufficient due diligence on the matter, than I really don't know what to tell you.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I asked where was the Broncos owner and if he was still moving who was the sub? But nobody answered my question.

So yea I played CPU. I didn't have time to wait.[/QUOTE]

11343384.jpg

We've been talking about subs all season.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I have only looked at the site on a computer, sorry about screwing with the other formats.

It says my CAG name, so I know there is no need to make it red and bold. I'll stop.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for changing it. As others have mentioned, the red was just a little jarring and unneeded.

As for your question about "running the clock out", speaking as someone who's taken a lot of beatings, I think being expected to kill the clock from the start of the 3rd quarter is unreasonable. Even if you're up 28-0, there's still half a game to play. Now, if the issue is CHOOSING to kill the clock by methodically running the ball and picking up 1st downs, I think that's fair game. I've never liked the argument of "Don't milk the clock because it's boring!" If you don't like it, don't let them get the 1st down.

Also, weighing in on the issue with VeryCheapGame and his playing the CPU, it's this type of stuff that worries me about this league. There's been a few instances this season where people show their true colors when a win or a playoff spot is on the line. I know he thinks his post was "ignored", but seriously...we just advanced yesterday and he barely waited 12 hours for a response. Aside from flat out suggesting that he was trying to slip one by everybody, I guess I don't understand what the rush was. Again, in a COMMUNITY league, that shouldn't be happening.

Technically I waited 16 hours and technically we advanced Tuesday. Broncos sub even admitted he saw my post before I play the CPU but didn't bother saying anything. Just smh.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Technically I waited 16 hours and technically we advanced Tuesday. Broncos sub even admitted he saw my post before I play the CPU but didn't bother saying anything. Just smh.[/QUOTE]

s your h all you want. You're in the wrong, the end. You've said your piece, absolutely no one has come forward to say they think what you did was appropriate. Now we'll just wait and see what uber wants to do about it. If you want to cry and whine because you got caught trying to cheat, I suppose it's your right to make yourself look even worse. If you have an issue with being called on violating the rules, there's the door.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Cheat=/=breaking the rules[/QUOTE]

True, but you did both. You can claim that it had nothing to do with trying to get an easy win - people can choose to believe that or not. I don't. And even then, you still needed to go for it on 4th down four times just to beat the CPU by one point. Chew on that.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']
I might *broke* the rules, but you're out of line saying I cheated.[/QUOTE]

In my view, you cheated. People are welcome to form their own opinion. That's mine.

I don't know how you can question that when you didn't even see the game. Is it wrong to go for it on 4th down when you're down in the 4th quarter? Regardless this is not what we're arguing about.

You wanna argue that I played the CPU in a meaningless game. I've already stated my reason that no one spoke up when they had. You said you can't monitor every post but yet you post right after I said "where's my sub" and deliberately ignored my question.

You wanna argue that I played the CPU in a meaningless game. I've already stated my reason that no one spoke up when they had. You said you can't monitor every post but yet you post right after I said "where's my sub" and deliberately ignored my question.[/QUOTE]

So now you can tell when I deliberately do something? I came in to post about my connection issues with fero (who can confirm every word of this), a post I made from my phone. It also happened to appear on the top of the next page after your post. I then immediately returned to playing my game. But yeah, the most reasonable explanation is totally that I deliberately ignored you.

You're not doing yourself any favors here.

From where I see my post *#4360* is literally under your post *#4361*.

Find it really hard to miss my post even if you posted on the phone. Even the Jets owner missed it somehow even though it 9 post under.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I've already stated my reason that no one spoke up when they had. You said you can't monitor every post but yet you post right after I said "where's my sub" and deliberately ignored my question.[/QUOTE]

Sooo...it's not possible for someone to overlook a single post in a thread that moves this quickly? You asked about it one time...and waited 15 hours before taking it upon yourself to make the decision because you "didn't have time to wait". How is any of that reasonable?

If you think we deliberately ignored your question, you're an idiot. It's as simple as that.

Even if we did (which we didn't), that still wouldn't have given you the implicit go-ahead to play the CPU without permission.

You can spin and spin all you want, you don't get to "win" this. You've made your argument. I find it to be bullshit, and I'm only more and more convinced of that as you come up with increasingly flimsy excuses to justify what you did. Ubernes will form his own opinion of the matter, then we'll decide what to do. That's how it works.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Technically I waited 16 hours and technically we advanced Tuesday. Broncos sub even admitted he saw my post before I play the CPU but didn't bother saying anything. Just smh.[/QUOTE]

actually, you need to read. See Below.

I obviously missed your post when i was skimming over the general talk of the league.....but I did see your post TODAY (when i went and read back 3 pages) and sent you a message about it. Yes, you posted a question about a sub at 11:32pm . I didnt see it today until 3:30.

What part of this is me "admitting" that i saw your post, and then "didn't bother to say anything"?

Pats owner posted one hour after I posted so the thread moving fast can't be the reason.

I really think 15 hours is more than reasonable plus 2 days have passed without contact from either the Broncos owner or his sub.

Even if I am in the wrong, you guys are making it look like this is a worse offense than someone abusing a actual IN GAME glitch.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Pats owner posted one hour after I posted so the thread moving fast can't be the reason.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the post. End of story. I was playing fero (he can confirm, we were on party chat) when you posted. After our third disconnect, I got on my phone and pressed reply. Then I typed my response. Then I pressed post. Then I put down my phone and played the game. Then I went to bed.

You can spin all the conspiracy theories about being ignored that you want, it doesn't make them less laughable. You're only making it worse on yourself.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I really think 15 hours is more than reasonable
[/QUOTE]

You're wrong. Some people go to sleep before you posted. Some people don't have infinite time to play or communicate during the day. Generally we call these "people with jobs". And I find it laughable that you say you "didn't have time to wait" yet apparently you have time to spend all this time in the thread defending yourself when nobody buys what you're selling. There are several subs available right now, I promise you. But no, you didn't have time to wait.

Even if I am in the wrong, you guys are making it look like this is a worse offense than someone abusing a actual IN GAME glitch.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you can't see that you yourself are the one making it worse is utterly mindboggling. And for the record, this IS worse. Abuse an in game glitch, and you might steal a win. You did steal one.

So. Let's go Over this again. I couldn't play yesterday because i already had Got home ridiculously late from work, scheduled 2 games(1 sub) and played both of them last night until 2 in the morning. (bv harris and my game restarted 3 times.). This left me with no timeslots available to play. When i had a chance at work today, i looked up who i was playing (as the sub) and saw you already played it.I IMMEDIATELY sent you a private message.Had you NOT played the cpu, we would have had a chance ot play tonight, or tomorrow...or bloody hell, even saturday morning early.But... the Deadline is still(as of this post) over 30 hours away. Because i didn't contact you in the first 20 hours of the advancement,(because I was busy-real life is awesome!) you're going to blame the fact that you TOOK IT UPON YOURSELF TO DECIDE to play the cpu on me and The Original broncos Owner (whose xbox in a storage van, GG to that blame!)

Anyways, You Done Wrong. You call it a meaningless Game....Yet you're still in the playoff hunt. How is this anything but meaningless?

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']Even if I am in the wrong, you guys are making it look like this is a worse offense than someone abusing a actual IN GAME glitch.[/QUOTE]
What I meant to say is that I think a issue of a possible miscommunion is getting overblown by people who already hate me.

[quote name='siradam134']

Anyways, You Done Wrong. You call it a meaningless Game....Yet you're still in the playoff hunt. How is this anything but meaningless?[/QUOTE]
Pats and Jets already won and leaving them at 11-4 and me at 9-6. Only way is Ravens and Steelers lose but they face teams that are 2-12.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']What I meant to say is that I think a issue of a possible miscommunion is getting overblown by people who already hate me.[/QUOTE]

Nobody else seems to see it that way. I promise you that I don't have any interest in devoting the energy required to hate you. I think you're being immature here and not doing yourself any favors, but personal feelings do not enter into it.

If you don't want this to blow up any further, I think the wisest thing you could do is just leave it alone and wait to find out what the results are going to be. You've given ubernes more than enough information to go on, trust me.

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']What I meant to say is that I think a issue of a possible miscommunion is getting overblown by people who already hate me.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know you and you seem wrong, I've been in the league for a shorter time than anyone and know not to do what you did.

His Cag Name = Irony

Sorry, just catching up with the thread now. Talking to BV about my thoughts and one of us will post a quick thing. I don't need to reiterate that what VeryCheap did was...very cheap. At the very least it was stupid, at worst it goes against everything this league should be about. And that's a sense of fairness and a general lack of assholery. This is the 2nd time we've had an issue with him, and while the last time was definitely nothing to be concerned about the way he handled it and the way he is handling this is just poor all around.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I don't even know you and you seem wrong, I've been in the league for a shorter time than anyone and know not to do what you did.
His Cag Name = Irony[/QUOTE]Oh look another smartass. If anybody else wants to say something I'm all ears.

[quote name='ubernes']Sorry, just catching up with the thread now. Talking to BV about my thoughts and one of us will post a quick thing. I don't need to reiterate that what VeryCheap did was...very cheap. At the very least it was stupid, at worst it goes against everything this league should be about. And that's a sense of fairness and a general lack of assholery. This is the 2nd time we've had an issue with him, and while the last time was definitely nothing to be concerned about the way he handled it and the way he is handling this is just poor all around.[/QUOTE]
2nd?

I guess the first is the play style. I thought we were went over this...

HEADS UP

SEA vs SF will be going down at 9:30 EST. I will be Ustreaming the game. I'll post the link prior to kickoff. We need some viewers. The winner basically gets the division and a playoff spot!

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']2nd?

I guess the first is the play style. I thought we were went over this...[/QUOTE]

You can also add you publicly declaring you were going to try to injure your opponent's players, or for that matter saying you don't believe in sending post-game messages (in explaining why you ignored fero saying good game). Individually these things may not seem like much, but collectively it's beginning to form a picture. Are you sure you even want to be in this league? From what I'm seeing, you seem to have very little interest in the sort of community experience which most of us are here for.

1. Sorry If I injure your virtual QB. I thought this was a virtual football game.

2. I don't send out GG. Win or lose. If I win I don't wanna feel like I'm bragging about it in their face and I'm sure they don't wanna feel that way. Pretty sure this has been discussed a few times and some members are the same.

3. You REALLY seem to want me out of this league for some reason....

I literally threw the game away against mog. He scored all his points off turnovers. All I needed was a win to take back the division lead, but I threw 7 picks (2 in red zone) and blew what should have been a win. I wonder why I play this sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back