Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that people would exchange rosters, after all I'm sure everyone is committed to the team they drafted. I'm just suggesting you swap teams, it would be time-consuming but pretty simple to swap the rosters of two teams. So for example Player A / Team A finishes last in the NFC and Player B / Team B finishes with the best record in the AFC, after the draft we swap the rosters out and Player A takes over Team B (but with his own roster) and Player B controls Team A. Sounds complicated, but it really wouldn't be. I think it would give an added incentive to the people in the AFC who want more of a challenge. Hey, it works for European Soccer. :D

[quote name='Deuce20602']the only issue i'd have with BV's idea is i like the team i drafted lol[/QUOTE]

See above. ;)

basically just release everyone to the FA pool and join with your new team and resign your players? I'm down with that. The only problem might be draft picks though. If this gets a lot of support is it possible we could do this with the other league as well?

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']basically just release everyone to the FA pool and join with your new team and resign your players? I'm down with that. The only problem might be draft picks though. If this gets a lot of support is it possible we could do this with the other league as well?[/QUOTE]

We'd probably have one of the commissioners do it, but yeah, that's the general idea. I was thinking we'd do it after the draft, so that people still pick in their own slot.

As for the other league, it wouldn't really make sense over there since the conferences weren't deliberately designed like they were here. The way we set this one up uniquely allows us to try something like this.

[quote name='Doomtime']Two wins and already thinking Superbowl? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Two losses and I'm already thinking draft. :roll:

By the way, what did you think of my idea?

[quote name='bvharris']Two losses and I'm already thinking draft. :roll:

By the way, what did you think of my idea?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a good idea as long as guys are willing to spend the time to do that.

If one of the commissioners did it through the EA site, I don't think it would take any more than an hour to swap out 8 teams.

Trying to get my game in this morning. PDM said that he would be here any time before 12pm and then it would be hard to get a game in due to family time. I am looking forward to having another shot with my team!

I just took a look at my team and didn't know it was that bad. I didn't think the computer could draft THAT BAD.

I am looking for any talent and am willing to trade all picks / Peyton Manning

Let me know

[quote name='Superstar']Trying to get my game in this morning. PDM said that he would be here any time before 12pm and then it would be hard to get a game in due to family time. I am looking forward to having another shot with my team![/QUOTE]

Update: We we're both confused on our time zones. This game should kick off in a little less than two hours!

So if it's third and long - and I call a passing play - i had 3 or 4 wide outs (i forgot which) and nobody was open and the left side of the field had a huge running lane, and my qb is vick, is it fine to run for the first down? It was either run for the first or throw the ball away and punt..

[quote name='Superstar']So if it's third and long - and I call a passing play - i had 3 or 4 wide outs (i forgot which) and nobody was open and the left side of the field had a huge running lane, and my qb is vick, is it fine to run for the first down? It was either run for the first or throw the ball away and punt..[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.

[quote name='ubernes']Yes, of course.[/QUOTE]

Okay, because PDM just told me I can't lol when I did.. then he went for it on 4th down in the next series when it 7-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Just making sure. It was a pass play and Vicks biggest strength are his feet..

[quote name='Superstar']Okay, because PDM just told me I can't lol when I did.. then he went for it on 4th down in the next series when it 7-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Just making sure. It was a pass play and Vicks biggest strength are his feet..[/QUOTE]

You can definitely run it on a pass play. The only issue we had in the other league is people quick swapping QBs so they could catch the D off guard in a way that would never happen IRL.

And I don't know where he was on the field during that 4th down, but that is allowed in very few circumstances. Mainly, being just outside of FG range but close enough where a punt wouldn't do you much good either. And even then it should be done rarely and in 4th and short situations.

[quote name='ubernes']You can definitely run it on a pass play. The only issue we had in the other league is people quick swapping QBs so they could catch the D off guard in a way that would never happen IRL.

And I don't know where he was on the field during that 4th down, but that is allowed in very few circumstances. Mainly, being just outside of FG range but close enough where a punt wouldn't do you much good either. And even then it should be done rarely and in 4th and short situations.[/QUOTE]

It was 4th and goal and he was on the 1

Why woulsnt u be allowed, some of these rules are a joke...u wanna run with vick go ahead if the defense can't stop it on 3rd n long they suck and should go back to practice mode...enough bitchin bout glitchin n ball up, I like the no goin for it on rediculous 4th down n no qb sneaks but ya can't force someone to keep their oppenent in the game, or to sacrifice first downs because their opponent sucks at defense

[quote name='BSETI50']Why woulsnt u be allowed, some of these rules are a joke...[/QUOTE]

What in the world makes you think that's a league rule?? His opponent was either mistaken or trying to pull a fast one on him, that's it.

I am not really complaining about the 4th down. I stopped him anyways. I try to stick to the rules, so I wanted to make sure running with Vick was fine, since it's a big reason why I drafted him.

[quote name='BSETI50']Why woulsnt u be allowed, some of these rules are a joke...u wanna run with vick go ahead if the defense can't stop it on 3rd n long they suck and should go back to practice mode...enough bitchin bout glitchin n ball up, I like the no goin for it on rediculous 4th down n no qb sneaks but ya can't force someone to keep their oppenent in the game, or to sacrifice first downs because their opponent sucks at defense[/QUOTE]

Sorry that's not with this league is about. You shouldn't be going 4 or 5 wide and running someone into the ground if you're up that big late into a game. Some people have no problem with that, but the majority do especially on the losing end. It's a video game, but it's about respect at the end of the day. Something that I've noticed a few new members lack (along with reading comprehension). I've already had 2 complaints since the season started.

That Vick scrambling deal is fine, the swapping of Qb's in between a series for the element of surprise isn't. And going for it on 4th and goal at the 1 is fine too.

Yea but if ur at midfield on fourth n short, even 4th n 2, if ur runnin the ball effectively n feel like u can get it n that its worth the risk of field position u should go for it, just like u see every Sunday at leasst one team goes for it, its football. If u can't stop it then u should have allowed the 8 or 9 yards to get in that situation.

Also on punts n kickoffs, bringing a guy back shouldn't be outlawed, there are several ways to try n get an advantage on kickoffs n punts but none of them guarentee anything. You can try getting a head start with the returner n catch in in stride but that doesn't do much n takes some skill.

You really think the people who made this game would make it that easy to where all ya gotta do is bring a guy back n ur gonna get yardage...no.

I love this league I wish I joined it sooner, I just think sometimes by trying to make it perfectly fair, you give lesser players chances they shouldn't get

Patriots 10 - Chargers 7

This was a tough game and I couldn't really get a passing game going. Vick was 7/10 for just 57 yards 0 td's and 2 ints, but he rushed 4 times for 86 yards.

I decided to play Murray and it paid off. He rushed 10 tims for 71 yards and 1 touchdown.

The defense also made a statement with 4 Ints and also held frank gore to 38 yards rushing.

Good game PDM. I am sorry if you misunderstood "no qb sneaks" for "no running with the QB" but I did enjoy this game.

U guys make the rules, but think about it...4th n 2 at midfield. Ur up a score in the 4th qrt, ur RB has 200 yards rushing, he can't stop u. But becuae of league rules u gotta punt n basically allow him to stay in the game. Would it be frowned upon here to show balls n go for it?

[quote name='BSETI50']Yea but if ur at midfield on fourth n short, even 4th n 2, if ur runnin the ball effectively n feel like u can get it n that its worth the risk of field position u should go for it, just like u see every Sunday at leasst one team goes for it, its football. If u can't stop it then u should have allowed the 8 or 9 yards to get in that situation.

Also on punts n kickoffs, bringing a guy back shouldn't be outlawed, there are several ways to try n get an advantage on kickoffs n punts but none of them guarentee anything. You can try getting a head start with the returner n catch in in stride but that doesn't do much n takes some skill.

You really think the people who made this game would make it that easy to where all ya gotta do is bring a guy back n ur gonna get yardage...no.

I love this league I wish I joined it sooner, I just think sometimes by trying to make it perfectly fair, you give lesser players chances they shouldn't get[/QUOTE]

Doesn't do much? On kick returns if you bring a guy back out of the endzone you get a speed boost and the ability to break more tackles. There's no need for it here.

Bringing a linebacker back off the line on a punt return I don't have a problem with. The AI for punt returns is terrible anyway.

If a player is that much better than some of the lesser players, they should be able move the ball with ease.

Even so, the rules in this league are simple and aren't that restricted. Depending on the situation, 4th down conversions are fine

[quote name='BSETI50']U guys make the rules, but think about it...4th n 2 at midfield. Ur up a score in the 4th qrt, ur RB has 200 yards rushing, he can't stop u. But becuae of league rules u gotta punt n basically allow him to stay in the game. Would it be frowned upon here to show balls n go for it?[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone would have an objection to going for it in that situation (depending how late in the game it is), it's a calculated risk. I'd go for it there. Like I said last time this came up: If you want to go for it on 4th down, be prepared to defend the decision in the thread.

The rule isn't, and has never been "No Going For It On 4th Downs The End". I'm honestly baffled why this keeps coming up.

[quote name='BSETI50']U guys make the rules, but think about it...4th n 2 at midfield. Ur up a score in the 4th qrt, ur RB has 200 yards rushing, he can't stop u. But becuae of league rules u gotta punt n basically allow him to stay in the game. Would it be frowned upon here to show balls n go for it?[/QUOTE]

I'd have to question why it was a 7 point game to begin with if your RB has over 200 yards rushing.

I think you guys really need to make a set of rules. Just saying "play a like a NFL Coach would" is just to black and white.

As for the Micahel Vick scrmble....I thought this was the reason everyone avoided rank games nowadays.

I know doom I'm just sayin maybe his pass defense is unreal n every time u throw he picks it off but everytime u run u get 4 yards, I've played kids like that shit that's basically my defense.

I know I'm blabbin I'm just fired up cuz I played someone in another league whp bitched about the dumbest shit. I ran zone n he threw two pick sixs right to me n somehoww I'm a glitcher.

Yea bringin the guy into the back off the endzone n catchin on the run gives u a boost but I've never seen neone take it to the house doin that, most of the time they fuck up n miss it, I could never do it but I feel as tho returning kicks n punts in general are a lot harder this year unless the coverage teams screews up

[quote name='VeryCheapGame']I think you guys really need to make a set of rules. Just saying "play a like a NFL Coach would" is just to black and white.

As for the Micahel Vick scrmble....I thought this was the reason everyone avoided rank games nowadays.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty easy to stop if someone is doing it constantly.

Personally, when I run, I look for the pass first. I never call a play and expect to just run. If no one is open then I am going to run, which is one of the reasons to have a QB who can scramble.

[quote name='BSETI50']Yea bringin the guy into the back off the endzone n catchin on the run gives u a boost but I've never seen neone take it to the house doin that, most of the time they fuck up n miss it, I could never do it but I feel as tho returning kicks n punts in general are a lot harder this year unless the coverage teams screews up[/QUOTE]

I play ranked games and Eagles, Raiders, and Titans users do it successfully all the time.

[quote name='Doomtime']I play ranked games and Eagles, Raiders, and Titans users do it successfully all the time.[/QUOTE]

In madden 11 u could bring the up man behin the returner to whichever side the ball was kicked to then cut around him to the outside successfully, is that frowwned upon?

Does anybody need a decent halfback? Am looking to trade clinton portis ovr 80 speed 87 for a overall 80 cornerback?

[quote name='BSETI50']Sucks playin ur game immediately after we advance feels like a week ago[/QUOTE]

You said it. Croom (that's right), when's the deadline for this week? :D

Also, re-posting my trade block (in the spoiler):

Cardinals trade block:
Available:
QB Matthew Stafford - 80 OVR, 22, A Potential
HB Danny Woodhead - 82 OVR, 26, B Pot (94 speed, 96 agility, 96 acceleration, 96 elusiveness, 80 catch)
DT Richard Seymour - 93 OVR, 32, A Potential
WR Dwayne Bowe - 91 OVR, 27, A Potential (Any deal with Bowe will need to involve a young high-upside WR coming back)

Looking for:
Young A-potential C or RG
Cornerbacks
Possibly a LE or LOLB
Draft picks
Willing to listen to any offers though.

Yea bv I'm lookin into a few different trades, if they don't work out which they most likely won't I'll get back to u on woodhead...he's nasty tho I donno why u wanna trade him

[quote name='BSETI50']he's nasty tho I donno why u wanna trade him[/QUOTE]

He is nasty indeed, I'm glad someone else recognizes he's a beast in this game.. But I have McCoy as my starter and they have very similar skill sets. I have Stephens-Howling waiting in the wings as well, who's again very similar. So Woodhead is just kind of redundant for me, so hopefully I can get value for him.

[quote name='bvharris']He is nasty indeed, I'm glad someone else recognizes he's a beast in this game.. But I have McCoy as my starter and they have very similar skill sets. I have Stephens-Howling waiting in the wings as well, who's again very similar. So Woodhead is just kind of redundant for me, so hopefully I can get value for him.[/QUOTE]

Yea I hear u maybe we could work something out between him n beanie wells, pretty close in value but completely different styles.

[quote name='BSETI50']Yea I hear u maybe we could work something out between him n beanie wells, pretty close in value but completely different styles.[/QUOTE]

I'm set at HB, I'm developing Ridley as my short-yardage back, I don't really feel the need to carry 4. Shoot me a PM once you're done with your other trades and we'll talk.

Edit: Looking at your roster, you've got quite a few players I'd be interested in. Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on guys I have been MIA this past weekend , bur I am currently catching up on the thread and will address anything I need to shortly

It sucks - I can never add my xbox live tag as a persona on the EA website, so I can't check stuff on the leagues.

bread's done
Back