Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

IMO, it hasnt been used in the NFL often enough to say it's something an NFL coach would do. Yea, it was used by Sean Payton in a Super Bowl but other than that, when was the last time anyone saw it used in a game? I understand both sides of the argument but I have to argue in favor of banning it for consistency purposes. We ban the QB sneak cuz it was broken and some people had problems stopping it(speaking of which, it was patched so is it still outlawed?), and we banned switching QB personnel because "it wasnt fair to the defense" even though all it took was to look at his QB as his offense lined up.

I'm not sure this is broken though....the only way I've seen it consistently work is if the other guy lines up for an onside return and you do the surprise kick up the middle. Most of the time the other team recovers.

Also none of the Flowers offers that have been PMd are interesting me at this time.

Yea that's a perfect time to call it, its really all luck, either the up man misses it or he doesnt , so mog is right there's no counter, you can recover them urself tho, its tricky becaue the camera is flipping in the process, if u just let the cpu try n recover it as the up man its like a 50 % chance. The fact that the game only allows it once a game should make it aright I guess. In reality it was a perfect time to call it, but mog has a point there really is no counter and for it to decide or have a amajor effect on the outcome of the game... eh

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah the pace is moving a little slower then I would like. Deadline is tomorrow evening so we'll see what happens. If the interest for some isn't there, may have to put on the boots.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if booting people is the best option in this particular league, although it would definately prove a point.

How many people would want to join on with some one elses draft squad? I know I wouldn't.

I think a concrete number of days per week, and good communication will get this done. If we just start booting everyone who misses their games we will have a lot less players with no one wanting to take over some one else's team.

I guess Crew and Doom know what the demand is for people trying to get other people's teams in this league. But if their is no waiting list, playing a CPU here and their isn't the end of the world.

ESPESCIALLY IF PEOPLE LET EACH OTHER KNOW "Hey I cant Play this Madden Week, just play my team with the CPU" or a sub which seems to get done often in CAGFL2

Then the CPU games would be the first ones finished and everything will go quicker.

Thats just my 89 cents on the subject.

I may need a sub tonight around 10:30-11pm for Isoballin. He's been MIA. Messaged him a few times on XBL, Cru even tried to track him down for me, but nothing. We've made some progress and he did answer my friend request today but he didn't respond to my message. He's 0-2 I believe, so if anyone with 0-1 wins wants to step up, I would appreciate it. I assume Cru will make it official once the 8pm window he gave him passes, but just an early heads up.

[quote name='ubernes']I may need a sub tonight around 10:30-11pm for Isoballin. He's been MIA. Messaged him a few times on XBL, Cru even tried to track him down for me, but nothing. We've made some progress and he did answer my friend request today but he didn't respond to my message. He's 0-2 I believe, so if anyone with 0-1 wins wants to step up, I would appreciate it. I assume Cru will make it official once the 8pm window he gave him passes, but just an early heads up.[/QUOTE]

I'm supposed to play at 9, so I should be able to sub if needed after that... I'm 0-2 :D

TRADE ALERT....

Panthers trade Ryan Mallett, Brandon Pettigrew, and a 1st to the Vikings for Vernon Davis

Ratings and Potentials will be posted when i get back home to the CPU/Xbox

Confirmed...pretty sure it goes:
Mallet - B potential, 71 OVR
Pettigrew - A potential, 81 OVR
Davis - A potential, 91 OVR

If this trade goes through, I would like to offer up Colt McCoy to any takers for a 1st round pick?? 77 OVR A potential, I think 24 years old.

cheifs over the chargers 23-3 defense stepped up somehow nick fairley got 3 sacks lined up on nick mangold. beast.

trade block: RB mark ingram 79A (expensive), WR AJ green 80A (expensive),MLB dan connor 80A, RB beanie wells 75B

[quote name='staticz']I'm supposed to play at 9, so I should be able to sub if needed after that... I'm 0-2 :D[/QUOTE]

Cru, can you okay this sub and boot Iso (if he joined the league) for 10:30? Thanks.

[quote name='Deuce20602']TRADE ALERT....

Panthers trade Ryan Mallett, Brandon Pettigrew, and a 1st to the Vikings for Vernon Davis

Ratings and Potentials will be posted when i get back home to the CPU/Xbox[/QUOTE]

Giving up the house for that guy. I'd say it looks good, though it's definitely slanted in the Vikings favor

[quote name='Doomtime']Giving up the house for that guy. I'd say it looks good, though it's definitely slanted in the Vikings favor[/QUOTE]

I see why it seems slanted but I'm fairly certain my first is gonna be in the 25-32 range so I wouldn't miss it to much. pettigrew is there to replace davis and mallett was the deal sweetener since he was on MA's list of wanted QBs

Yeah that's true, Vernon is a walking exploit anyway. lol just kidding. Looks fine to me though let's get some feedback from Cru and a few other guys.

Patriots 45 Bills 3

The story of this game was the Patriots rushing attach. Demarco Murray started this off with the first play of the game, running for 56 yards. He would get injured and only rush 5 times but for 86 yards. Tim Hightower picked right up where Murray left off rushing 12 times for 131 yards and 3 touchdowns. The fullback Michael Robinson also had a big game rushing 2 times for 66 yards and 2 touch downs. Michael Vick rushed 6 times for 50 yards, and Mike Cox rushed for 24 yards on 9 attempts.

The patriots ended up losing Murray for 5 weeks with a dislocated Hip.

The Patriots defense also came up big in this game. They picked off Ben Roethlisberger 5 times and held the Bills to no touchdowns.

Michael Vick was 8/13 for 92 yards. He threw 1 touchdown and 1 pick. I really do need to find out how to pass with this team. If I want to make it far in this league, running will eventually not be enough.

GG Hot! I hope it doesn't seem like I was running up the score, because I had no intent on doing so. I was just rushing the ball most of the second half, and I happened to get lucky and do well, when usually I am horrible against the run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to throw a little insider info out there...in my other online franchise (which is in season 2 now), Vernon Davis jumped from 91 OVR to 99 OVR in the off season :whistle2:o I've seen a few variations here and there between franchises in progression, so I can't guarantee that our Vernon Davis will do the same, but I'd put money on it (figuratively speaking)! I still think I'm getting a really good deal here, but Deuce can spare Mallett since he has Cutler and yeah his first rounder will probably be pretty high...and his odds will only get better if he trades for Vernon Davis.

[quote name='Doomtime']Bv you'll probably be playing a sub. Newlife doesn't have power.[/QUOTE]

Very well. I've got my game in the other league at 11, but I can play now, or else tomorrow night.

i'm back, sorry for the sort of delay. I think I said 1030-11. Or at least I hope I did. Just walked in the door, but ready to play! got caught up at the game longer than I thought as I had to help setup the bingo tables for tomorrow night haha.

[quote name='Doomtime']Anyone able to sub for New Life?[/QUOTE]

Let me know what the plan is. It's a bit late for me to play another one tonight, but I can play tomorrow evening before we advance.

Iso should be banned from the league or at least on his last chance. 1. It took me literally all week to get in touch with him and it was only seconds before my game with staticz where he shows up and wonders when we're going to play. This should NEVER happen. And not everyone is going to be as persistent as me. Hell, most weeks I won't be that persistent because I have too much shit going on. 2. And this is much larger, the dude was up 3, I turned the ball over on downs and he's in shotgun. This is with 5-7 seconds left in the game. Not only that, he gets a completion and calls a timeout with 1 second left. Seriously, this is not what the league is about. The whole game felt like a ranked game. Running into kick returns for the speed boost. Just general assholery.

That aside, Gabbert is bad. I think I'm starting TJAX moving forward. He had a better completion percentage and the threat to run really messes with people's defense. Felix Jones was on the cusp of a couple big gains, most of them get plugged up before they could develop but he did get one big one. I can't tell if it's my o-line or Felix just isn't very good. Despite his speed he could never get around and turn a corner. He's no Jamal Charles, that's for sure. The o-line certainly sucked it up in the passing game. I don't think I need a ton of time--none of my guys can pass beyond 10 yards--but I was falling back and back and back on almost every play due to the pass rush and it didn't seem like much blitzing. My D was sick again, but my terrible O put them in way too many bad spots as far as field position goes. 5 INTs and 1 fumble recovery and I still lost. Yup, my offense is that bad.

[quote name='ubernes']2. And this is much larger, the dude was up 3, I turned the ball over on downs and he's in shotgun. This is with 5-7 seconds left in the game. Not only that, he gets a completions and calls a timeout with 1 second left. Seriously, this is not what the league is about. The whole game left like a ranked game. Running into kick returns for the speed boost. Just general assholery.[/QUOTE]

If this was the other league, we'd ban his ass for that on the first offense. Bush league.

This goes to the larger point we were talking about earlier. This is supposed to be a CAG league, but because we needed to fill it up it's basically become "CAG & friends". Which is fine. But when these new guys don't really come around the thread it decreases accountability and increases the instances of crap like this.

I have absolutely no issue with people recruiting outside people for the league. Hell, I recruited my brother and he in turn brought in two of his friends. But they've been active in the thread and available on CAG, and thus are integrating themselves into the community of the league. I think if these other guys would make more effort to do that (and it's on you vets who are their friends to lean on them to do so) then we'd see less stuff like this going on.

Yeah that is a bit ridiculous. I'm trying to get a hold of Cru at the moment.

I agree with bv. A lot of the new guys never post and have trouble understanding the rules on top of that (probably because they never read them to begin with).

Let's see what Cru thinks

Trade Alert

Cardinals get WR Deion Branch (77 OVR, 32, C Pot)

Vikings get WR Danny Amendola (75 OVR, 26, B Pot)

MA is definitely getting the younger (and probably better) player here, but Branch fits the mold of what I want out of my 4th WR a bit better, plus he's one of my favorite players. :D

In my opinion, if you aren't active on cag you should be banned. Its a pain in the ass for everyone, and it really takes away from the fun of the league when you have no way of communicating with your opponent following a big win or loss, or even when you are trying to make a trade.

Trade looks fine to me BVharris and I need to wikify the front page so that these can be updated by masterawesome.

In other news 2 strikes against IsoBallin for unsportsmanship. Im headed to work so no time to make a huge post , If doom has time can you go into detail, and in addition I know he is going out of town today so someone will be subbing for him, so when you kick him for the sub Doomtime, don't send he a invite back til I get a chance to speak with him on league rules.

As far as communication on the thread it is still a few people who are having a problem posting but around week 5 or 6 I will do a roll call , by that point there should be no excuse. I am also going to try and do a call sheet for those who don't have too much of a problem recieving text , but text wont replace the thread at all. I also know a phone app named Kik messenger if everyone feels more comfortable with that .

[quote name='gbpackers94']In my opinion, if you aren't active on cag you should be banned. Its a pain in the ass for everyone, and it really takes away from the fun of the league when you have no way of communicating with your opponent following a big win or loss, or even when you are trying to make a trade.[/QUOTE]

This only makes sense if we have someone that is going to pick up the dropped team.

Unless having a constant CPU to play games on time is better than a human being who is just lazy.

Doom and cru....let me know if u need subs in either leagues, im done working early in the afternoon everyday including weekends...I'm usually available at night but I get up real early so sometimes I'm passed out by 8 or 9 at the earliest. Also I donno what tthewaiting list is like but if someone gets booted or leaves that other league sign me up....

Trade block.....aj green anybody?

[quote name='BSETI50']Doom and cru....let me know if u need subs in either leagues, im done working early in the afternoon everyday including weekends...I'm usually available at night but I get up real early so sometimes I'm passed out by 8 or 9 at the earliest. Also I donno what tthewaiting list is like but if someone gets booted or leaves that other league sign me up....

Trade block.....aj green anybody?[/QUOTE]

Ubernes and I run the other league. If a spot opens up, I'll let you know. We'll probably have a couple spots open in the offseason.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Good to know we never play the CPU, I can sub against you BV[/QUOTE]

Works for me, shoot me a text when you get home from work and we'll set it up.

Doom, can you boot newlife when you get a chance?

TRADE ALERT:

Minnesota Vikings (MasterAwesome) trade: Colt McCoy (77 OVR, 24 years old, A potential)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (mog) trade: 1st round pick

Last edited by a moderator:
Bseti, if you'd like to sub against bv tonight by all means go for it. And yeah I'll boot newlife here in a bit.

What's McCoy's potential?

[quote name='Doomtime']Bseti, if you'd like to sub against bv tonight by all means go for it.[/QUOTE]

LV is subbing against me. It'll be much easier for us to set it up.

bread's done
Back