Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

46 is really easy to run on if the guy doesn't know what he's doing. Actually, I'd say it's the easiest. One wrong move and the runningback is gone.

I want Gabbert I think if he is still available.

Saints over Packers 16 - 14 , in a true nailbitter , watch out for Isoballin he is pretty good plus Cam Newton was looking real good. I love my DB's by the way I just need a QB.

[quote name='staticz']4-6 speed package my friend. I ran the 4-3 tonight and am promptly switching back to 4-6.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't run at all on you. A bulk of my yards game on like 3 15 yard runs. Every other time I ran it felt like I only got 1-3 yards.

As far as free agents feel free to drop a player to add a player while we are in week one if you have two kickers and punters or need to fill a position for it to allow you to play your game. Also all teams have users even though some haven't joined yet so do not play any games versus the computer.

Welcome new users also make sure you take time to review the rules for the franchise, and if you have any questions direct them to myself or Doomtime's inbox.

[quote name='Doomtime']I'm coming for you Cru, Berry doesn't scare me, neither does that offense lol.[/QUOTE]

lol I hear that , don't worry about my offense beware of my defense we are going to leave Chris Johnson on a stretcher.

Looks like EA got my priorities in order with my sweet 88 OVR kicker and 90 OVR punter! I think Adrian Peterson is gonna have to carry my team hard...at least the CPU drafted me a pretty decent o-line to accompany him (aside from my 76 OVR Center). I got 2 solid ends (Justin Tuck and Darnell Dockett) but mediocre DTs, so I don't know if that's gonna work out. My team is also hella old...I think easily 80% of my starters are over 30, including my starting LB corps of 33, 36, and 34 years old. I'm usually all about youth and potential, so this team is a little out of my comfort zone in those regards...I'm pretty sure I'll be looking at a great deal more regression than progression in the offseason.

Can I pick up a CB from FA? CPU only drafted 4 CBs for me so I might struggle if someone runs 5 WR wide all game...I got a SS as my #5 CB right now, with very questionable cover skills. You said to feel free and add a player if you need to fill a position in order to play your game, so I dunno if I qualify or not. What kinda FA guidelines are we gonna use in this league? The FA pool is absolute shit lol, the highest rated players at most positions are in the low 60's. Can we just open FA completely to everyone? Since this is a fantasy league, you picked and chose every player on your team for the most part so opening FA isn't a huge deal assuming those are the leftover players that no one wanted.

[quote name='sprice8688']bradfords goin for 100 tds this yr jus sayin[/QUOTE]

carolina takes offense to this seeing as how we see yall in week 11

with my wr core and tightends it may get nasty out there.... unless bradfords a bust lol but i cant picture neonr being much worse then stafford

Have you seen my core DB,s lol I would like to see you throw for 3 TD's against us , and in addition IsoBallin has some pretty sick recievers too, Ill have to wait for the draft to get a solid QB yet again I guess.

[quote name='Deuce20602']bv, any chance we could get week one done today?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Anytime this evening after I get home from work (5:30 or so) will work for me. Let me know what time works for you and I'll be there.

Sorry about the draft guys, but I will be back tomorrow night and ready to roll in both leagues. Hop the draft went well, anybody want to let me know my core players? Thanks

[quote name='Zurezo']Sorry about the draft guys, but I will be back tomorrow night and ready to roll in both leagues. Hop the draft went well, anybody want to let me know my core players? Thanks[/QUOTE]

The best word to describe your team would be "old".

Peyton Manning behind a really slick offensive line (Nick Hardwick, 86OVR, is your lowest-rated offensive lineman) with almost nobody to throw the ball to. Todd Heap is your most dangerous weapon.

Your defense is decent, but ancient. Almost every starter is over 30.

I'm still a bit upset over last night's game. I've got Bailey, Flowers, and Joseph and I think GB torched me for 300+ yards.

I was hoping I'd be able to run man coverage with that group... Maybe not.

[quote name='staticz']I'm still a bit upset over last night's game. I've got Bailey, Flowers, and Joseph and I think GB torched me for 300+ yards.

I was hoping I'd be able to run man coverage with that group... Maybe not.[/QUOTE]

wanna trade joseph?

[quote name='bvharris']yup. Anytime this evening after i get home from work (5:30 or so) will work for me. Let me know what time works for you and i'll be there.[/quote]

6?

Damn Cru...was your drafting strategy to get your hands on as many rookies as possible? Your team is gonna be sick in a season or two...

[quote name='staticz']I'm still a bit upset over last night's game. I've got Bailey, Flowers, and Joseph and I think GB torched me for 300+ yards.

I was hoping I'd be able to run man coverage with that group... Maybe not.[/QUOTE]

Flowers isn't a man corner. I get torched with him all the time.

Calling Ed Fn Reed. I can't PM you because CAG thinks you dont exist? I sent you an X-BOX live message and I am hoping to play tonight or tomorrow. Get at me

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Damn Cru...was your drafting strategy to get your hands on as many rookies as possible? Your team is gonna be sick in a season or two...[/QUOTE]

That was mine! Despite how inexperienced my o-line, they are all young with high pot. I even have good depth there. Next year will definitely be exciting for me, and the next. Hopefully I can get Gabbert (or Ponder) to grow with the line. In the meantime, it's all up to my D, which I love on paper. Hopefully they show up some next game.

[quote name='ubernes']That was mine! Despite how inexperienced my o-line, they are all young with high pot. I even have good depth there. Next year will definitely be exciting for me, and the next. Hopefully I can get Gabbert (or Ponder) to grow with the line. In the meantime, it's all up to my D, which I love on paper. Hopefully they show up some next game.[/QUOTE]

Your team is definitely young, but it looks like Cru drafted basically the entire 2010 NFL draft class lol.

Out of his 53-man roster...33 are rookies!!!!!!!!!! And I imagine all A potential aside from a few Bs. That is like my freaking dream team right there....I'm so jealous. And excluding Charles Woodson and one of his back-up RTs, the oldest player on his team is 26. Progression day is gonna be like Christmas for that bastard :(

I have 3 rookies by comparison...and none of them are any you've probably heard of (Rod Issac, Deandre Mcdaniel, or Luke Stocker anyone??)...this is a nightmare!!!!!

[quote name='Doomtime']I built to win a superbowl right now, not in two seasons.[/QUOTE]

I don't think picking a 76 ovr, A pot, 26-27 year old o-linemen over a 79 ovr, B pot, 30+ year old will be the difference in my Super Bowl hopes.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't think picking a 76 ovr, A pot, 26-27 year old o-linemen over a 79 ovr, B pot, 30+ year old will be the difference in my Super Bowl hopes.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so either. More so directed at MA and his love affair with rookies that take 2 years to groom. If you don't mind the growing pains, then more power to you. But once playoff time rolls around, you're going to be missing those key weapons.

[quote name='Doomtime']Flowers isn't a man corner. I get torched with him all the time.[/QUOTE]

I think it is his 89 SPD. He's got a 95 man coverage rating. I think I'll swap Joseph in he's got 95 SPD :D but only 90 MCV...

Well most of the top rookies have solid stats everywhere except awareness and maybe play recognition. Again, I don't know exactly how much awareness plays into most positions...but if I show you a CB with 91 man, 84 zone, and 93 press...I bet it wouldn't cross your mind that I'm talking about 76 OVR Jimmy Smith. Most of these rookies seem to play well above their OVR rating from my experience (Jimmy Smith plays the #1 CB position on my team in the other league...and I've messed with a lot of other rookies this year in scrims...side note: Von Miller is an absolute beast!). So most of Cru's rookies don't even need a couple seasons to groom, they're already impact players and will only get a whole lot better as time goes on. I'm not completely oblivious to where I think awareness is a throw-away stat...but I just think you can get by with low awareness if you really take control of your team. Like I'm assuming maybe awareness for DBs might come into play every now and then when it comes to getting a hand on the ball on pass plays, but most people in this league don't rely on the CPU for that...they turn into the defender at the last second and go for the user pick. And I can't imagine awareness mattering much for a player like Von Miller or Aldon Smith if you send them on blitzes to the QB (which is basically what they're best utilized for).

So in conclusion, I like rookies!

[quote name='Superstar']Looking forward to playing my first game to see how good (or bad) I drafted. Sent prez a PM![/QUOTE]

He'll be on most of the night Superstar.

Panthers 21 - Cardinals 13

Considering this was the toughest game on my schedule, I'm not too upset with the outcome here. I made some dumb plays combined with some great user picks by Deuce, which made the difference in the game. Generally speaking I got a pretty good feeling for my offense and was able to move the ball through the air alright. My D wasn't atrocious either, and if it weren't for allowing Deuce to convert on a long 4th down (22 or something) the outcome could have been different.

I'm encouraged though given that I'd never used this team before. Greg Jennings is a beast as advertised, and while Stafford missed a few throws which Brady makes in his sleep (including one curl route where I tried to guide it low and he chucked it into the ground 5 yards short of Bowe) he was also able to make some good throws too, though I might still give Locker a look at some point.

gg Deuce, and nice win! You're always a fun opponent, I look forward to our next game, whenever that may be.

[quote name='Doomtime']He'll be on most of the night Superstar.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I have a game in about 10 mins for the other league then I'll hit him up.

[quote name='bvharris'] My D wasn't atrocious either, and if it weren't for allowing Deuce to convert on a long 4th down (22 or something) the outcome could have been different.[/QUOTE]

was it 4th??? i thought it was 3rd and 22... wouldnt've went for it if i had known. It was a very good game tho... i wish my D-Line and OLBs were better than they are but they did just enough to allow my secondary to perform. Jay Cutler looked better than expected but i guess he's used to not having a #1 WR to throw to anyway lol. There were a couple ridiculous one handed catches by Crabtree tho.... glad i picked him up.

Very good game and i'm now fully aware of what to look for in the event of a Super Bowl rematch between Carolina and New England in the other league lol

[quote name='Deuce20602']was it 4th??? i thought it was 3rd and 22... wouldnt've went for it if i had known. [/QUOTE]

No, brain fart on my part, obviously it was 3rd.

[quote name='Deuce20602']
Very good game and i'm now fully aware of what to look for in the event of a Super Bowl rematch between Carolina and New England in the other league lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, I wish. This was the same playbook as I use over there, but this is a very different offense I'm running. The Pats don't have anyone like Jennings who can get open on those deeper routes like he did. I can't really open it up over there, despite having the better QB.

And ugh, I lost Jermaine Gresham for 10 weeks. At least I picked up a couple of other pass-catching TEs in the draft who should be able to fill in.

After putting my whole team in an excel file with their age, overall, and potentials (only A's and B's) I have some interesting (to me) facts:
Average Team Overall= 77.5
Average Offense Overall= 73.4
Average Defense Overall= 82.8
Average K/P Overall= 75.5

Average Team Age= 26.1 (suck it MasterAwesome)
Average Offense Overall= 25.4
Average Defense Overall= 26.4
Average K/P Overall= 33

# of A potential Players/% of A potential Players= 11/20.4%
# of B potential Players/% of B potential Players= 24/44.4%
# of A and B potential Players/% of A and B potential Players= 35/64.8%

With so many people gunning for young players and rookies, I wonder if teams who bucked that trend and drafted solid guys in their late 20s or early 30s might have gained a bit of an advantage by getting guys other people were overlooking. I guess time will tell.

[quote name='bvharris']With so many people gunning for young players and rookies, I wonder if teams who bucked that trend and drafted solid guys in their late 20s or early 30s might have gained a bit of an advantage by getting guys other people were overlooking. I guess time will tell.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but the only time where I really went down more than ~5 points overall because of age was when I drafted Aqib Talib, and that is understandable. Every other pick I only forfeited 1-3 points of overall for younger players with usually higher potentials.

bread's done
Back