Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='xCappax']which is exactly why a trade committee is silly because people are going to look at trades to see if it makes a division/conference opponent stronger and if it does "oh well it's vetoed" but hey it is what it is rules are rules.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. First of all, none of us do that. Second of all, the fact that there are 6 people on the committee is precisely to prevent that kind of thing from happening. Third of all, the person who made the post you're talking about isn't even on the committee.

You need to quit trying to make this point. You're wrong, and you just look silly continuing to bring it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i wish there was a way to have wallace in my game agianst MA lol im going to need all the help i can get against him

[quote name='DVO21']lol i wish there was a way to have wallace in my game agianst MA lol im going to need all the help i can get against him[/QUOTE]

If you can't beat him with 3 elite receiving options, I don't see why a 4th would make a difference.

Oh, and as should probably be obvious by the fact that we've continued to let DVO make so many trades, we're not going to bother with the trade cap this season. There's just no good way to determine an OVR for the core cap value with the scheme changes, and we're hoping the salary cap takes care of us. The only thing we might adjust going forward is to put a limit on the quantity of trades you can make in a year, though I'm not sure that's necessary either.

lol very true but MA is tough. im sure i will be making more trades as well. but season 2 i prolly wont be moving things around as much just try to fill the whole i know will work best for me

[quote name='DVO21']lol very true but MA is tough. im sure i will be making more trades as well. but season 2 i prolly wont be moving things around as much just try to fill the whole i know will work best for me[/QUOTE]

I'm tough and you beat me. Your team is good, I'll be honest with you I don't really understand all the fiddling. Before you wanted to trade away your top WR, and now you want to add another one. Not criticizing at all, I'm just curious if you have a concrete plan in place or if you're just making trades to make them.

[quote name='sprice8688']u said aroind 8 the 3rd group goes[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I'll send that group off at 8ish. They'll have until 2PM EST tomorrow.

You know what still sucks? The NFL referees. In the Packers/Saints game, they called a Saints player down when he very obviously had fumbled, and earlier, blatant pass interference had led to a New Orleans TD. By some miracle, Green Bay won by 1 point.

[quote name='Matt Young']You know what still sucks? The NFL referees. In the Packers/Saints game, they called a Saints player down when he very obviously had fumbled, and earlier, blatant pass interference had led to a New Orleans TD. By some miracle, Green Bay won by 1 point.[/QUOTE]

It was terrible, i have 0 doubt in my mind Rodgers would have led a game winning drive though.

Group 3 can now pick. They will have until 2:00PM EST tomorrow until Group 4 can start.

Group 1
Jags - FS Nick Collins
Packers - RT Jeff Otah
Browns
Rams - TE Kellen Winslow
Bucs - WR Plaxico Burress
Jets - WR Chad Johnson
Chiefs - WR Mike Williams
Eagles - MLB EJ Henderson

Group 2
Redskins - RG Jake Scott
Steelers - WR Johnny Knox
Raiders - HB Steve Slaton
Seahawks
Colts
49ers - MLB Jay Dwyer
Pats
Dolphins - LT Chad Clifton

Group 3
Falcons - CB Brandon Ghee
Giants - WR Michael Jenkins
Cowboys
Bengals
Lions - CB Alfonso Smith
Chargers
Titans
Cardinals - CB Chris Johnson

Selections must be in the following format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

If for any reason you're not at the roster max, you don't need to drop anyone.

[quote name='Matt Young']You know what still sucks? The NFL referees. In the Packers/Saints game, they called a Saints player down when he very obviously had fumbled, and earlier, blatant pass interference had led to a New Orleans TD. By some miracle, Green Bay won by 1 point.[/QUOTE]

One bad call out of every game isn't nearly as bad as it was with replacement refs. And if they would have saved a time out they could have challenged the play and obviously won the challenge.

Broncos-Raiders going down shortly. Hopefully the Broncos can actually get some momentum going in their season following their big win over the Texans.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']One bad call out of every game isn't nearly as bad as it was with replacement refs. And if they would have saved a time out they could have challenged the play and obviously won the challenge.[/QUOTE]

It was 2 terrible calls, but I didn't mean to imply that these refs were as bad as the replacements. It's not even close.

Quite a run on CBs here, eh? Re-posting:

Group 3 can now pick
. They will have until 2:00PM EST tomorrow until Group 4 can start.

Group 1
Jags - FS Nick Collins
Packers - RT Jeff Otah
Browns
Rams - TE Kellen Winslow
Bucs - WR Plaxico Burress
Jets - WR Chad Johnson
Chiefs - WR Mike Williams
Eagles - MLB EJ Henderson

Group 2
Redskins - RG Jake Scott
Steelers - WR Johnny Knox
Raiders - HB Steve Slaton
Seahawks
Colts
49ers - MLB Jay Dwyer
Pats - RE Luis Castillo
Dolphins - LT Chad Clifton

Group 3
Falcons - CB Brandon Ghee
Giants - WR Michael Jenkins
Cowboys
Bengals - RE Andre Carter
Lions - CB Alfonso Smith
Chargers - CB Aaron Berry
Titans
Cardinals - CB Chris Johnson

Selections must be in the following format:

Team Name:
Player Added: Name (Position)
Player Dropped: Name (Position)

If for any reason you're not at the roster max, you don't need to drop anyone.

[quote name='Matt Young']It was 2 terrible calls, but I didn't mean to imply that these refs were as bad as the replacements. It's not even close.[/QUOTE]

The worst part is that it should have been an easy win, that wasn't even in the refs hands to mess up. And then they let Graham Harrell onto the field.....

And i was so close to picking up Vince Young to try and turn his career around. I couldn't bring myself to do it with only 1 FA pickup though.

[quote name='DVO21']lol i wish there was a way to have wallace in my game agianst MA lol im going to need all the help i can get against him[/QUOTE]

Lol let me borrow one of those receivers this game.....Steve Smith is out for 5 weeks :/ That leaves Brandon LaFell as my #1 :(

[quote name='Superstar']Team Name: Cowboys
Player Added: Ty Warren (DT)
Player Dropped: Mario Butler (CB)[/QUOTE]

Ty Warren is out for the year due to the injury glitch, add someone else.

Broncos continue to be completely unpredictable, falling to the Raiders 26-21 when Demaryius Thomas was tackled at the goal line as time expired. I'm pretty sure he broke the plane, but Madden didn't deign to agree/review it, so oh well. I fell behind big early and fought back, so at least I gave myself a chance to win at the end.

Manning fought back well, and both Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas had huge games, but two picks (one which was totally on me since I hit the wrong button) sealed my fate.

[quote name='staticz']Offer too little and they walk, you don't get a second chance. My punter is walking away.

Also, I offered my LT way less and he signed. Offered Bowe what he wanted and said he wanted more. Offline CCMs I've had guys walk too. In my experience it isn't as cut and dry as you are making it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I've only had success negotiating with guys so I just assumed it was pretty easy to re-sign them.

[quote name='bvharris']Ty Warren is out for the year due to the injury glitch, add someone else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man.

Though it wont let drop him.

Should I drop someone else and pick up a FA? I can just make sure to drop him before next season since he cant play this season. if that makes sense lol

[quote name='Superstar']Thanks man.

Though it wont let drop him.

Should I drop someone else and pick up a FA? I can just make sure to drop him before next season since he cant play this season. if that makes sense lol[/QUOTE]

That's weird, why won't it let you drop him? It should, I was able to.

The plan was for me to re-sign him in Week 17 so I could have a shot at keeping him since he was out due to that glitch and in the last year of his deal.

well MA killed me as i expected the first half was looking like it was going to be a really good game but he came out in the second half as a whole new team and just tore me to piece Cam is dangerous

matt ryan started the game out 10 for 10 150 yards and 2 tds then he became pick city in the 2nd half

gg MA cant wait till we see each other again when i have wallace on the field

[quote name='bvharris']That's weird, why won't it let you drop him? It should, I was able to.

The plan was for me to re-sign him in Week 17 so I could have a shot at keeping him since he was out due to that glitch and in the last year of his deal.[/QUOTE]

Theres no option to drop him. Maybe because I just signed him?

[quote name='Superstar']Theres no option to drop him. Maybe because I just signed him?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, I guess you could try next week.

A victory against Doom sandwiched between losses to DVO and Tanabeo (no offense you two, lol).. I think it's safe to say that I'm a tad inconsistent with this Broncos team right now.

well ive hard a rough schedule this year so far
week 1 staticz
week 2 bv
week 3 joelypoley (new guy seems to hold his own though)
week 4 MA

all Vets and have made the playoffs all but one but like i said its his first time with the league but i wouldnt put it past him to make it to the playoffs

[quote name='DVO21']well MA killed me as i expected the first half was looking like it was going to be a really good game but he came out in the second half as a whole new team and just tore me to piece Cam is dangerous

matt ryan started the game out 10 for 10 150 yards and 2 tds then he became pick city in the 2nd half

gg MA cant wait till we see each other again when i have wallace on the field[/QUOTE]

Really good game man...you were destroying me in the first half. I got a couple lucky touchdown passes in the 2nd half or else you could've stuck to your gameplan and put me away for good.

So, about that injury bug....lol, does anyone wanna leave and rejoin the league for $3 paypal? KIDDING of course :p I lost my highest rated offensive player last week (Steve Smith) to a broken jaw, and now I lose my highest rated defensive player this week (Jon Beason) to a broken collarbone. Luckily I have good depth at LB (Thomas Davis has been sitting on the bench the whole season), so that shouldn't hurt too bad. I'm just sad it'll probably take Beason out of the race for the Pro Bowl :( I heard players selected to the Pro Bowl get like 10k XP or something...

10 k XP my jaw just hit the floor

ya our game was good there was a couple of pass i dont even under stand how u made them but it is wut it is. there was one where my LB was on ur guys back but wouldnt turn around to tackle him. ur sick with the jukes bro. im liking mixing the ball up with turner and jones at running back. and the way julio is playing its like hes trying to become number 1 on the team over roddy white

[quote name='bvharris']A victory against Doom sandwiched between losses to DVO and Tanabeo (no offense you two, lol).. I think it's safe to say that I'm a tad inconsistent with this Broncos team right now.[/QUOTE]

Still don't appreciate your defense mugging Foster like that.

I'm expecting some bumps in the road with this team, but as long as I'm healthy for the playoffs, I should be able to make a deep run with this defense.

Damn I don't know if it's a mistake or not...but my 66 OVR 3rd string FS has a 3 Consistency Rating. He leads my team in Consistency along with my 93 OVR LT Jordan Gross. He's MORE consistent than Beason or Steve Smith, and just as consistent as Larry Fitzgerald apparently lol. I think he's supposed to be a "Special Teams ace" or something, so maybe that plays into it...but I'm sure that would affect his play at FS too, so I might give him some reps there and see how he does...

just curious but does anyone know of any stat page we have for the league that actually work?

The EA website seems pretty garbage to me

[quote name='DVO21']just curious but does anyone know of any stat page we have for the league that actually work?

The EA website seems pretty garbage to me[/QUOTE]

Yep, their game has been out for a month and the site is still in beta.

[quote name='Doomtime']Yep, their game has been out for a month and the site is still in beta.[/QUOTE]

Don't expect it ever to not be. They just mean that Madden 13 is the beta for Madden 14. ;)

bread's done
Back